Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't know anything about this guy but he has some fancy green screen sets

Edit: dang, he's very mad

Oh yeah this dude, this is the guy that accuses basically every woman that isn't Sasha Banks of sleeping their way to the top in WWE isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I have no idea

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros1 posted:

Wanna see some pure, unadulterated insanity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYyC2A7AmT0

Okay sure I'll click on this vi- 2 hours and 46 minutes long....? Yeah no thanks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah can we get a timestamp or something?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
just start from the beginning and stop when you've had enough

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Karmine posted:

https://anchor.fm/immovable-objects-a-classic-wrestling-podcast

It’s not the pisscast, we’ve all moved on, but its of a similar spirit. Enjoy! Or don’t!

your podcast is good but i disagree about blood

blood is cool in matches

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Karmine posted:

It’s not the pisscast, we’ve all moved on, but its of a similar spirit. Enjoy! Or don’t!

I will listen to the classical wrestling podcast thanks!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lid posted:

my youtube autoplay just found this channel which is videos that compile every B&V review of Impact by month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfbBMZCFpDc

so this is every Impact of December 2006

there are tonnes of these and you can pick one at random and just pick a random point and be reminded of just how awful TNA was

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhvylasjwKP-EQlaqeHm6g/videos

I dug up their review of the debut of stone cold shark boy episode and they hated the debut :wtc:

they didn’t even notice the glass breaking being the impetus. I will trust deadlock only for tna reviews from now on

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I dug up their review of the debut of stone cold shark boy episode and they hated the debut :wtc:

they didn’t even notice the glass breaking being the impetus. I will trust deadlock only for tna reviews from now on

They are right it was bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

deadlock is tna apologist propaganda

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

They are right it was bad.

WHAT? :frogout:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I will accept tna was a deeply loving stupid company at all times but stone cold shark boy is 24 karat gold

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The only time Shark Boy has ever been funny is with New Jack. I'm sorry but "Shell Yeah" is not funny.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

MassRafTer posted:

The only time Shark Boy has ever been funny is with New Jack. I'm sorry but "Shell Yeah" is not funny.

Those two had no business having the amount of chemistry they did.

New Jack also seemed to be legitimately having a lot of fun with it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why did he say "shell yeah"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
sanshiro takagi is the only good stone cold parody

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Nick Gage is directly responsible for PBR doing advertising on wrestling shows and I cannot wait to see how mad Dave is when he has to add him to the WON Hall of Fame

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yaya posted:

Nick Gage is directly responsible for PBR doing advertising on wrestling shows and I cannot wait to see how mad Dave is when he has to add him to the WON Hall of Fame

the crusty old dudes voting for WON hall of fame will never do that

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Karmine posted:

Regarding the cowboy blind item: Sam Houston, perhaps?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The 2005 compilation includes their review of AJ Styles v Samoa Joe v Christopher Daniels and the funniest thing is the review is almost understated. Bryan gives it 4 and a half stars but they barely really ho into the match.

Its funny because that is widely considered the best or second best TNA match ever and still used to this day for a "how to get strangers into erestling" video but they didn't realise it.

They do say its in the top five three mans of all time though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi4KpXskD9E&t=4560s

Everyone should click this, I just found this lost gem. Remember, this was being said FIFTEEN YEARS AGO.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why did he say "shell yeah"?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cavauro posted:

Why did he say "shell yeah"?

Sharks are notoriously huge fans of the Shell company.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the cornette audio about eaton is must-listen if you care about that kind of crap at all. it's heartbreaking, hilarious, educational, interesting, just a great deep dive about a really great person. if you can stomach non-gimmick jim i really recommend it. if you can't set his nonsense aside for this i get it lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Numero6 posted:

Sharks are notoriously huge fans of the Shell company.

it’s true, continued melting of the ice caps will greatly expand their available hunting grounds

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

yea ok posted:

the cornette audio about eaton is must-listen if you care about that kind of crap at all. it's heartbreaking, hilarious, educational, interesting, just a great deep dive about a really great person. if you can stomach non-gimmick jim i really recommend it. if you can't set his nonsense aside for this i get it lol
And there are no ads on the regular podcast version, at least, so you don't have to feel like you're enriching him listening that way. (I pulled it up on Stitcher.) The YouTube version appears to still have at least a pre-roll if you'd rather avoid that.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

yea it's just a fantastic eulogy and worth it just so you know the history and the story because it's pretty important in the grand scheme of wrasslin'.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
#IceCreamAndHorseManure
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1424582752733704200

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
sharks are cartilagenous fish, which means that instead of a bony skeleton, they have an internal shell. this shell is known as the cuttlebone, even though it is made of cartilage and not a true bone.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shayna Baszler posted:

sharks are cartilagenous fish, which means that instead of a bony skeleton, they have an internal shell. this shell is known as the cuttlebone, even though it is made of cartilage and not a true bone.

wow, smooth on the inside and on the outside

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I wonder if they will be cancelling the Retro Invasion shows? Bryan said they're lame and most people don't like them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think they'll move on when they find something else thats entertaining to cover. they wanted to do more 90s wcw saturday night but it looks like thats still an uneven mess on peacock

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

NikkolasKing posted:

I wonder if they will be cancelling the Retro Invasion shows? Bryan said they're lame and most people don't like them.

Apparently there's a poll on the board? No idea what shows would come close to the attitude era for history, super hot crowds, an arc of rise and fall, and both shows being an interesting mess of good and bad.

Listening to the WCW shows from the beginning of 1999 until the death in 2001 was a wild loving trip of a company doing everything wrong - including so many tragedies like ruining Sid's legacy then his leg, and the horrifying weeks of Bret's career following the infamous concussion.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

NikkolasKing posted:

The retro shows arent the same since the end of WCW and they previously passionately disavowed retro watching TNA... but their will is breaking because the content is so good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I'm still weirded out by Neidhart being there for Heenan doing the big reveal of Flair's belt.

I like Jim. But he's not exactly a guy who can give the situation gravitas (hence him stroking his beard furtively at the belt).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm still weirded out by Neidhart being there for Heenan doing the big reveal of Flair's belt.

I like Jim. But he's not exactly a guy who can give the situation gravitas (hence him stroking his beard furtively at the belt).

Yeah, I had completely forgotten about his time as a color guy. (The color being neon yellow.) Was this after Stu called Vince and asked him to give Jim another job?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Lid posted:

The retro shows arent the same since the end of WCW and they previously passionately disavowed retro watching TNA... but their will is breaking because the content is so good.

I really hope they do TNA. I know Vinny will lose his mind but seeing it again through a present day lens would be wild, and the show is so much better now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

El Generico posted:

I really hope they do TNA. I know Vinny will lose his mind but seeing it again through a present day lens would be wild, and the show is so much better now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7mba-GFC4

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Ahh, a fellow member of the Shuv It Squad, I see.

I actually think Marky's opinions suck sometimes but he's super entertaining and I love that someone is focusing on this retro TNA stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

El Generico posted:

Ahh, a fellow member of the Shuv It Squad, I see.

I actually think Marky's opinions suck sometimes but he's super entertaining and I love that someone is focusing on this retro TNA stuff.

oh he's loving awful, his video on Brodie Lee is especially egregious in its stupidity, but he's the only person to have the coverage of the entire Jarrett Reign of Terror