Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Justin Fields is the only rookie QB I'm actually kind of rooting for

Robert Mays went to Jags camp and mentioned on his podcast that Trevor Lawrence "is extremely tall" and "looks good". He'll probably have more detailed impressions in an upcoming podcast or article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

AndrewP posted:

Robert Mays went to Jags camp and mentioned on his podcast that Trevor Lawrence "is extremely tall" and "looks good". He'll probably have more detailed impressions in an upcoming podcast or article.

John Elway intensifies

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: oops, responding to something that definitely wasn't the topic

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m sure Jaycee horn is going to be a fine player I won’t regret having but I think fields will probably be more productive than darnold three years from now.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Devin Funchess did a racism whoopsie. He's very sorry now that Packers PR told him he's sorry.

https://twitter.com/JCTSports/status/1424212724960145410?s=20
https://twitter.com/D_FUNCH/status/1424239261964984322?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Justin Fields is making the bears second team offense look good. Like he has random camp body dudes looking like NFL players.

It's just Dalton has also had a good Camp.

We'll see once the pre-season games start.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I made some business deals with Asians is an interesting defense

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

It's just Dalton has also had a good Camp.

lmao god I hope the bears start Andy because "he just had a really good camp"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AndrewP posted:

lmao god I hope the bears start Andy because "he just had a really good camp"

I mean, that's what they've been saying all along. That Andy was gonna start the season. and they'd prefer it if the team/Andy is good enough to keep Fields on the Bench all year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not even Justin Herbert started game 1. It's your QB's rookie year, and none of the teams with new QB's have amazing rosters that are expected to compete for a SB. The only thing that matters is getting them ready to be a starting QB and stay healthy for all 5 of 'em, little else matters.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1424510338918084615?s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What the hell? lol Urban. I’d immediately flip a 2nd for him.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The follow up tweet says things are good between Henderson and the Jaguars. So they might move him...just because? Strange.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kalli posted:

Not even Justin Herbert started game 1. It's your QB's rookie year, and none of the teams with new QB's have amazing rosters that are expected to compete for a SB. The only thing that matters is getting them ready to be a starting QB and stay healthy for all 5 of 'em, little else matters.

yeah, the Bears are a team that is trying to make the playoffs again and win games. With a relatively old defense. If Andy Dalton isn't losing you games and moving the ball and putting up points. Even if he's not spectacular the Bears should be a pretty good team.

Considering what they had at QB last year and still went 8--8 or whatever.

If it were up to me, I'd take the gamble on upside and give Fields all first team reps. But Coaches are conservative as poo poo, and a veteran QB is like catnip to them. The Rookie has to completely dominate the Vet to start, ala Russ and Flynn.

Hence, We'll see once Pre-Season starts.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Urban has no idea what he's doing.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If this isn't Urban just trying to flip CJ and like a day three pick for a first then idk what he's doing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
My money is on Henderson not knowing Urban was a coach at Florida.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

New coaches have their guys, and guys who don't gel with them, and this sort of poo poo happens, usually to a slightly less stupid degree, when you get a new coach.

For example, Look at what Matt Patricia did to the Lions.

I'm not saying Urban Meyer is gonna be Matt Patricia bad, but I sure am thinking it pretty hard.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 9, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

half cocaine posted:

Urban has no idea what he's doing.

And they haven’t even played a game yet

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Urban Meyer Weiner

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sweet thursday posted:

Urban Meyer Weiner

This is so stupid and tortured that I lol’d

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

AndrewP posted:

:same:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

I deeply respect the Asian culture. I mean I drive a Toyota for crying out loud.

Ehud posted:

you must now ban yourself sorry

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Wait wait wait you're supposed to screech SIX HOURS PROBATION

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just GIS’d “Oscar urban Meyer”

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1424507145337278465

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

Urban Meyer Weiner

Ehud posted:

:same:

Ehud posted:

:stonklol:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

He got that ECW wrestler forehead

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ehud posted:

Lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1424542337124823040

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

So the rookie QB power rankings right now appears to be…

1. Trey Lance
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Justin Fields
5. Mac Jones

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Trey Lance
3. Justin Fields
4. Zach Wilson
5. Mac Jones

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The ~true~ QB rankings that the media is too afraid to report on is 1. Trey Lance 2. Zach Wilson 3. Trevor Lawrence 4. Mac Jones 5. Justin Fields

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rank every rookie qb and not just the mainstream ones if you're not afraid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trevor Lawrence is so good he's going to lift his coaches, not be brought down by them. Any rookie QB with some kind of heat lately is a distant second. And I love Trey and Fields.

The other two can get hosed

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1424490642735079433

kiimo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 9, 2021

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Is this God's draft year for QBs? in a season where half the games weren't even played in college?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

kiimo posted:

Trevor Lawrence is so good he's going to lift his coaches, not be brought down by them. Any rookie QB with some kind of heat lately is a distant second. And I love Trey and Fields.

The other two can get hosed

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1424490642735079433

Not enough wobble

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

half cocaine posted:

Is this God's draft year for QBs? in a season where half the games weren't even played in college?

The Trey Lance hype from 49ers camp is already gross.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend ranked the qbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Trey Lance
3. Justin Fields
4. Zach Wilson