Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
There was no putting of eggs in one basket, they ordered three vaccines in bulk and a lower amount of Pfizer as an alternative. It's just that of the three main ones, one failed trials and the other still hasn't been arrived.

The problem isn't an inane conspiracy theory that they backed a non-profit, effective vaccine that we had the manufacturing capability to mass produce locally with the ulterior motive of enriching two minor back benchers who own CSL shares (that would be Dave Sharma and Tim Wilson) the problem is that they didn't pivot and pursue alternatives at any cost when it became apparent it would become necessary. Incompetent laziness, or apathy fueled by the 'success' of the hermit kingdom approach? Bad either way.

Their bad communication with regards to AZ's issues magnified the problem, but that's not all on them since the media and Labor have been absolutely dreadful in consistently fueling AZ hesitancy themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Seemlar posted:

There was no putting of eggs in one basket, they ordered three vaccines in bulk and a lower amount of Pfizer as an alternative. It's just that of the three main ones, one failed trials and the other still hasn't been arrived.

I think a significant driver behind this was the global supply shortages of various materials that occurred at the start of the pandemic (and which are still occurring - it's why Pfizer's production is bottlenecked, and also why I'm likely to get a jab before I get a PS5.) In particular, our already low fuel reserves mean that more fuel than ever is imported and our national reserve is down to less than 30 days:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-22/coronavirus-oil-price-fuel-security/12170390

If another global disruption ever actually caused us to run out of petrol, even temporarily, it would make COVID lockdowns look like a picnic. With that kind of thing front of mind, it's not surprising that self sufficiency is back in vogue and the government focused on the vaccine Australia can manufacture locally. Especially since, as predicted, richer countries hoarded their own domestically-produced vaccines after all.

The blood clot issue was unforeseen. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have seen mass hesitancy and, since we now have AstraZeneca coming out our asses, our vaccination rate would be way higher. A far bigger mistake than picking AstraZeneca as our primary vaccine was letting the miniscule risk of blood clots influence the public health advice on which ages could get it. It makes perfect sense to say "right, under-50s get Pfizer, over-50s get AZ, that way there's enough for everyone" as long as you're some public health nerd who's never interacted with an Australian citizen, let alone an Australian boomer.

quote:

The problem isn't an inane conspiracy theory that they backed a non-profit, effective vaccine that we had the manufacturing capability to mass produce locally with the ulterior motive of enriching two minor back benchers who own CSL shares (that would be Dave Sharma and Tim Wilson)

One of the dumbest conspiracy theories ever to gain traction in this country. Like CSL is some shady insider-dealing backroom stock pick rather than one of the biggest loving bluechips on the ASX.

edit - just checked and it's the third-highest on the ASX by market cap and the highest share price that's not an index fund. What nefarious insider trading must that shonky Dave Sharma have committed to realise he should buy it!!!

freebooter fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 8, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Morrison was marketing it the entire time as the Oxford vaccine and giving it mad props then he had the other one so I'm all good not having the clot juice personally

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Everyone in Government either had a Rhodes scholarship or aspired to so no wonder they went for the Oxford one.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

JBP posted:

Morrison was marketing it the entire time as the Oxford vaccine and giving it mad props then he had the other one so I'm all good not having the clot juice personally

Was he? I remember this being a Boris Johnson thing.

He had Pfizer first because that was what was approved by the TGA first, and because politicians getting whatever vaccine was first available to them was good leading-by-example back when it was thought we'd have a vaccine hesitancy issue rather than a specific brand hesitancy issue.

I personally could care less about the virtually nonexistent risk of getting clots (I ride a motorbike, drink way too much and stare at my phone while crossing the street!) but Pfizer is a solid 20% more effective than AZ at preventing symptomatic illness, and if my own getting of a vaccine is going to be part of the contributing percentage towards an arbitrary threshold to the exciting new world of Let Er Rip, then I want the most effective one.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

freebooter posted:

I think a significant driver behind this was the global supply shortages of various materials that occurred at the start of the pandemic (and which are still occurring - it's why Pfizer's production is bottlenecked, and also why I'm likely to get a jab before I get a PS5.) In particular, our already low fuel reserves mean that more fuel than ever is imported and our national reserve is down to less than 30 days:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-22/coronavirus-oil-price-fuel-security/12170390

If another global disruption ever actually caused us to run out of petrol, even temporarily, it would make COVID lockdowns look like a picnic. With that kind of thing front of mind, it's not surprising that self sufficiency is back in vogue and the government focused on the vaccine Australia can manufacture locally. Especially since, as predicted, richer countries hoarded their own domestically-produced vaccines after all.

The blood clot issue was unforeseen. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have seen mass hesitancy and, since we now have AstraZeneca coming out our asses, our vaccination rate would be way higher. A far bigger mistake than picking AstraZeneca as our primary vaccine was letting the miniscule risk of blood clots influence the public health advice on which ages could get it. It makes perfect sense to say "right, under-50s get Pfizer, over-50s get AZ, that way there's enough for everyone" as long as you're some public health nerd who's never interacted with an Australian citizen, let alone an Australian boomer.

One of the dumbest conspiracy theories ever to gain traction in this country. Like CSL is some shady insider-dealing backroom stock pick rather than one of the biggest loving bluechips on the ASX.

edit - just checked and it's the third-highest on the ASX by market cap and the highest share price that's not an index fund. What nefarious insider trading must that shonky Dave Sharma have committed to realise he should buy it!!!

Lol you thicko we have a strategic fuel reserve stored in a cave in Texas

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I mean also... ATAGI.

It's not just political reasons or crazy antivax conspiracy theorists causing "hesitation".

That's buying into the NSW and federal narrative of "oh wouldn't it be easier if more people just got vaccinated" when swathes of people simply can't based on ATAGI advice.

indeed it seems ATAGI is being over ruled by the fumbling policies of NSW and it's national consequences.

I'm in Victoria and despite my body being a collection of scars and golden staph will seek out AZ since I just want this poo poo done. But what a loving farce.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

freebooter posted:

Was he? I remember this being a Boris Johnson thing.

He had Pfizer first because that was what was approved by the TGA first, and because politicians getting whatever vaccine was first available to them was good leading-by-example back when it was thought we'd have a vaccine hesitancy issue rather than a specific brand hesitancy issue.

I personally could care less about the virtually nonexistent risk of getting clots (I ride a motorbike, drink way too much and stare at my phone while crossing the street!) but Pfizer is a solid 20% more effective than AZ at preventing symptomatic illness, and if my own getting of a vaccine is going to be part of the contributing percentage towards an arbitrary threshold to the exciting new world of Let Er Rip, then I want the most effective one.

The Oxford vaccine was the one getting all the tv and the word Oxford was being used to instill a sense of it being the best in the world. All I heard was made in Australia from British parts and went no thanks. I also remember it being quite odd that he had Pfizer at the time and not az because I am an average punter that doesn't know poo poo about approvals and things.

Also I don't care about the clots that's all bullshit I just want the better product even if it's 1% different.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Yeah of course he was they built a factory to cook it in and everything, it was a big investment

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

JBP posted:

The Oxford vaccine was the one getting all the tv and the word Oxford was being used to instill a sense of it being the best in the world. All I heard was made in Australia from British parts and went no thanks. I also remember it being quite odd that he had Pfizer at the time and not az because I am an average punter that doesn't know poo poo about approvals and things.

Also I don't care about the clots that's all bullshit I just want the better product even if it's 1% different.

:corona:

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

RC Bandit posted:

Ok I'm starting to get annoyed that our government can't get their poo poo together as I'm STILL ineligible to get a vaccine (in Victoria).

Eediot Jedi posted:

Victorians 18-39 will be able to get AZ from some of the mass vax sites from Monday.

I should complain more often.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

RC Bandit posted:

Ok I'm starting to get annoyed that our government can't get their poo poo together as I'm STILL ineligible to get a vaccine (in Victoria).

The booking system will now let you book if you select age as your criteria even if you’re 18-39

Good luck navigating the booking system lol
(If you’re in the southeast, Sandown Racecourse in Springvale is the only one I’ve come across that has a good number of bookings before September

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 8, 2021

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah the DHHS website is a loving terrible experience, real early 2000s flashbacks. It took them like a year to even integrate a map of the latest contact sites instead of a big long list (and it also took them forever to make that list sortable by "latest added first"). The vaccine booking section is not much better.

The Peccadillo posted:

Yeah of course he was they built a factory to cook it in and everything, it was a big investment

We did not build the CSL plant for the AZ vaccine.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anyone able to find a copy of that photo of the Border Farce billboard telling people Australia isn't safe on a bombed out street?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Hey, to be fair it's absolute pie in the sky fantasy to think Australia could ever need the infrastructure to support much of the population doing their work, schooling, and health consults from home. Like we'll ever see the need for that!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

RC Bandit posted:

I should complain more often.

You should have been eligible before if you ticked the box that says you're willing to clott for scott, but it was only available at gp clinics.

Gonna get it myself later in the week.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I booked in for the poison juice for 2 weeks time, would have done sooner but still getting over this secondary chest infection from a flu and I figure you’re supposed to be in decent health before you get murdered by CSL for science

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

The lovely part is the pure politics of the whole thing. Sure vaccines will have issues, particularly ones developed rapidly or using new technology such as mRNA.

But we’ve had “gold standards” vs “unnecessary lockdowns”, “Dictator Dan”.

Or Morrison’s mission accomplished style announcements about securing vaccine supply when he hadn’t. Or it isn’t a race. The mixed messaging on essential workers. Blaming ATAGI. Blaming under 40s for non-compliance with lockdowns but not providing financial support. Criticising vaccine hesitancy by groups ineligible to get a vaccine until recently or unable to get an appointment.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SM(d)H posted:

We’re being held hostage, and Morrison should set a date for freedom

Being in lockdown is no longer an aberration for many Australians, but the default state of affairs. This weekend more than 60 per cent of the country is locked down – victims of the government’s bungled and delayed vaccine rollout and the “zero COVID” mentality which has taken hold but is proving impossible to sustain.

Just a month ago, state premiers and Scott Morrison agreed to use lockdowns “only as a last resort” as part of a “new deal” on the path back to normality. Weeks later, it is clear that was some kind of sick joke. Lockdowns are not only back on the table but pretty much the only tool in the box.

With the population fatigued and our leaders bereft of any other ideas, it might well be argued we are now burning down the village in order to save it. We are surely near the limit of what ordinary people can stand without widespread emotional breakdown and financial ruin and, at worst, outbreaks of civil disobedience. It’s little surprise the government can’t get people to follow the rules in Sydney - they’re over it.

All of this might be slightly more bearable if there was light at the end of the tunnel. But there is not. Morrison’s most recent plan – which says life will get better once 70 per cent and then 80 per cent of adults are vaccinated – is not really a plan to open up. It is a plan to stay closed; one that holds us hostage to anti-vaxxers and people who just don’t care enough to get it done.

We can’t just let it rip now. But after 18 months of putting our lives on hold and making so many sacrifices, why should sensible people who did what was asked of them, stayed home and got vaccinated, remain locked down and miserable while waiting for the stragglers and refusers?

To add insult to injury, we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. We are still not treating the vaccine rollout as a race. The government will only think about “incentives” when we reach 70 per cent coverage, with private businesses left to take the lead. We’re still ambivalent about rapid antigen testing.

Morrison deflects from the centrality of vaccinations to beating COVID by stressing the importance of lockdowns, and some Labor politicians - with some clear exceptions, including Bill Shorten - continue to undermine confidence in AstraZeneca by focusing on the relative lack of Pfizer vaccines.

The media is at fault too. We ask too many questions about why Bunnings and the Reject Shop are allowed to trade (perhaps it is because they sell essential goods) and too few about the journey out of this mess, or what is being done to reduce transmission at essential workplaces.

We also give oxygen to advocates of “zero COVID”, the unfeasible proposition that Australia can or should try to eliminate the virus permanently. As University of NSW Kirby Institute professor Greg Dore recently remarked, “long-term zero COVID is public health la la land”.

Yet it is persistently popular – and the goal of “zero” has led to a shifting of the goalposts many times. We locked down to flatten the curve and prepare our hospitals, not knowing if we would ever get an effective vaccine. But the world’s scientists delivered in spades. First the aim was to protect the vulnerable, then to protect all adults; now we are talking about vaccinating children. We’ve also ordered booster shots, and zero-COVID advocates may yet demand those are administered before we open up.

Some don’t seem to think we should ever go back to normal.

And there’s no guarantee we will. We could just as easily limp on as a public health dictatorship, sealed off from the world like a COVID-obsessed North Korea. It was only on Thursday that the federal government tightened border rules even further by requiring Australians who normally reside overseas to get an exemption to leave Australia – almost literally taking them hostage.

The greatest danger of the “new deal” is that it gets thrown out as easily as the old ones. Which is why Morrison must give us more than a general commitment to progressing to the next stage of a four-phase plan. We need a deadline for our freedoms to be restored.

And we should start cracking the whip. There must be carrots: release from restrictions for those who’ve had the jab, such as being allowed to meet other vaccinated family members during a lockdown, and exemptions from isolation requirements. Interstate travel and home quarantine should be on the table. Maybe even a tax break or extra franking credits. Whatever it takes.

But there must also be sticks. The threat of borders reopening and the virus circulating by a certain date ought to motivate people to get vaccinated. Of course, this can’t be countenanced until we’ve given everyone, everywhere a reasonable amount of time to avail themselves of the jab.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews made a very sensible contribution on this recently when he declared: “We wouldn’t be having lockdowns to protect people who weren’t prepared to protect themselves.”

Let’s hope that is the case, otherwise we will be held hostage to the whims of those who are not invested in returning to normal or, worse, are actively against it.
:killing:
/
:qq:

EDIT: gently caress this loving arsehole, the second he gets the vaccine he's crying about how unfair it is that he's not allowed to travel and spray covid over all the unvaccinated people who haven't even had the loving OPPORTUNITY to get vaccinated. Not all of this article is bullshit, but gently caress me the loving whining and entitlement.

hooman fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 9, 2021

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Re. NSW Business Assistance...

I'm still not sure why the one-off business grant is only available for 30% + decline in the specific period of June 26 -July 17th compared to that period in 2019. Didn't they force construction and the majority of businesses to close AFTER the 17th of July?? The lock down was extended even further weeks after those dates.

More to the point - small businesses will only do the right thing until they can't afford to. Covering a percentage of wages helps a lot but there's ongoing rent etc. Doubt a lot of them will stay closed if pushed too far.

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 9, 2021

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

hooman posted:

/

EDIT: gently caress this loving arsehole, the second he gets the vaccine he's crying about how unfair it is that he's not allowed to travel and spray covid over all the unvaccinated people who haven't even had the loving OPPORTUNITY to get vaccinated. Not all of this article is bullshit, but gently caress me the loving whining and entitlement.

Same question I always pose to people who say these things:

Which other country should we be replicating?

If there is an approach that works without lockdowns, before widespread vaccination, point to it as what we should do.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Halo14 posted:

Re. NSW Business Assistance...

I'm still not sure why the one-off business grant is only available for 30% + decline in the specific period of June 26 -July 17th compared to that period in 2019. Didn't they force construction and the majority of businesses to close AFTER the 17th of July?? The lock down was extended even further weeks after those dates.

it's because they don't want to give people money. I'm applying for the micro business grant and it's blatantly obvious that they're doing everything they can to push people onto the federal disaster payment instead, including sending out an email halting all the applications until they respond to the question "are you really sure you want this instead of the disaster payment?"

the entire process has been a nightmare, I'm assuming by design, and there is still no clear end date to the drudgery, and even the people processing the applications can't tell me if it's backdated and to what date

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Oh poo poo regional vic open from 11:59 tonight. Unexpected.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Senor Tron posted:

If there is an approach that works without lockdowns, before widespread vaccination, point to it as what we should do.

comments posted:

Tim Richardson
17 HOURS AGO
Why can't we have a target based on groups 1a and 1b? That is the key segment. A target on the whole population implies it's as valuable to get a 30 year vaccinated as a 70 year old, which doesn't make sense.

The Real Sydneysider
1 DAY AGO
Thank you for trying to shift the conversation. As someone who was vaccinated back in May/June it is beyond frustrating to still be cooped up to protect those who largely won’t get the jab.

salti
1 DAY AGO
Thanks Michael, everything we've feeling. The politicians have to get off the stage about this catastrophe. No one is listening to them anymore, no one has respect or trust in them, they refuse to take responsibility, they blame the public, and they know covid will never get to zero. Our lives have been ruined by these lockdowns and our children are devastated and lonely. We need to see one consistent clear, honest, reliable voice dealing with this matter and there is none within our various Australian governments and their medical cohorts.

In NSW it's obvious that there are certain groups that are not complying with the health rules for what ever reason but the government is too scared to deal with this situation more effectively because of political ramifications. This will be the undoing of NSW and the media should be reporting on this stridently.

Jeepster
1 DAY AGO
What a brilliantly articulated article!
Premiers have been given the green light by the PM to use lockdowns as the only tool to fancifully eradicate the virus.
There are many to blame here. Well paid government autocrats, sensationalist media & a nation that really hasn't seen the full effect of Covid as the rest of the world has.
Maybe to wake people up out of this vaccine hesitancy and to get to some normality is unfortunately for the virus to cause mayhem a sharp death rate increase amongst the unvaccinated.

AMH
1 DAY AGO
Brilliant article - please keep this up Michael as we the silent majority don’t have a voice. Your point on civil disobedience is too me the elephant in the room. Civil obedience is ultimately a fragile thing. Push hard working, respectful people for long enough and I imagine putting that genie back in the bottle would have far reaching consequences.

if I had my time again
1 DAY AGO
beware the rise of the vaccinated warrior who is sick to the back teeth of these restrictions. That warrior will not comply with any lockdown restrictions because once vaccine is available to everyone, its the unvaccinated choice not to take it and to get sick and possibly die. The vaccinated warrior has already risen in the UK when they turned off the notification app.

BigmacinOz
1 DAY AGO
What an excellent article and you cover everything sane people in this country are thinking. Our lives and the thousands of businesses who will never return because of these draconian measures are crying out for a broader debate and move away from our failed leaders hiding behind tunnel vision health experts. I hope it encourages more journalists and the mainstream media to challenge this destruction of our country.

:brainworms:

At least the majority of comments are loving slamming this garbage.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

Oh poo poo regional vic open from 11:59 tonight. Unexpected.

Oh really?! Huzzah, gently caress it I'm getting some snow this weekend then...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s a good thing that the infection vectors have generally magically teleported from the NSW border to metro Melbourne previously

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Anyone able to find a copy of that photo of the Border Farce billboard telling people Australia isn't safe on a bombed out street?

i dont wanna post it, google "quetta australia billboard"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s a good thing that the infection vectors have generally magically teleported from the NSW border to metro Melbourne previously

Yeah I don't really agree with this one. All today's cases are at least linked to previous ones but were out in the community, and they believe there are unknown cases in Melb too. Feels like hubris.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

hooman posted:

Yet it is persistently popular – and the goal of “zero” has led to a shifting of the goalposts many times. We locked down to flatten the curve and prepare our hospitals, not knowing if we would ever get an effective vaccine. But the world’s scientists delivered in spades. First the aim was to protect the vulnerable, then to protect all adults; now we are talking about vaccinating children. We’ve also ordered booster shots, and zero-COVID advocates may yet demand those are administered before we open up.

This idea that it was "shifting the goalposts" to have an elimination policy after the handful of weeks where we talked about "flattening the curve" is such loving bullshit. The US and the UK flattened the curve, was it smooth loving sailing after that?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

There's stil a few faded "Sweden Was Right" graffiti stickers I've found around Prahran and South Yarra here in Melbourne lol

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Article and the posted comments are just "Let other people die for my convenience".

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

hooman posted:

/

The assumption here is that if everyone has done the right thing then we'd all have 110% vaccination rates and our nation's concerts, pool parties and orgies could resume. What this article fails to grapple with is that the slow vaccine adoption is mostly up to the lack of supply coupled with the confusing and contradictory messaging about who gets what supply. Even if everyone acted exactly how the writer wants, access to the vaccine has been limited to a significant section of the population; we would all end up in lockdown again anyway.

Of course, that would require fault aimed at the government, and we can't actually do anything about that. Do you think people are willing to protest about a vaccine when the virus is still in the streets? It's much easier to browbeat people who haven't yet got the jab, just don't think about why that might be the case.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
lmao at the CSL insider trading conspiracy. That poo poo might hold water if it was some sketchy penny stock biopharma that got the contract instead of one of the largest companies in the country. Covid vaccines probably aren't even a material source of revenue for them.

Anyway, has anyone made a bug bunny.gif of NSW yet?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Linked for blood and bodies

:nms:https://i.imgur.com/I2BDiSD.jpg:nms:

gay picnic defence posted:

lmao at the CSL insider trading conspiracy.

The insider trading idea's obviously bullshit. That sort of blatant corruption only works in the US.

But if a bunch of LNP lollyheads don't end up on the CSR board after they leave politics I will be very surprised.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 9, 2021

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Going quick but for any Adelaide goons who are under 40 and don't have a regular GP to chase up AZ with, a local clinic has an oversupply of Pfizer for their needs so is taking bookings for anyone over 18:
https://healthengine.com.au/v2/appointment/book_widget/85669/COVID-19%20Vaccinations?covaxEligibilityChecked=true#about-practice

Edit: to clarify this isn't taking anyone else's spot, coworker already confirmed with the clinic that they just have a bunch they need to use that might otherwise go out of date.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

:brainworms:

At least the majority of comments are loving slamming this garbage.
code:
Tim Richardson
17 HOURS AGO
Why can't we have a target based on groups 1a and 1b? That is the key segment. A target on the whole population implies it's as valuable to get a 30 year vaccinated as a 70 year old, which doesn't make sense.

this was my favorite one. literally arguing that a 70yo is worth saving more than a 30yo.

you can small the franking credits on it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i dont wanna post it, google "quetta australia billboard"

Thanks both, I didn't remember it as being quite so gruesome, don't think I'll use this as a comparison for Dan currently running ads in Sydney telling them not to come to Victoria after all.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Byron Bay and surrounding areas to go into lockdown from 6pm tonight.

Fucks sake Gladys, either do a ring of steel or do a proper lockdown, this isn't getting better

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

People in Armidale/Tamworth/Byron/Newcastle/the Hunter must be fuming at Gladys about this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

freebooter posted:

People in Armidale/Tamworth/Byron/Newcastle/the Hunter must be fuming at Gladys about this right?

Yes