Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Arbite posted:

Seven hours of NCG!

https://youtu.be/CZUwmfeHB58

Just stick it into my veins...

okay but a Resident Evil expert should be able to figure out a way to watch it in under 2 1/2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

okay but a Resident Evil expert should be able to figure out a way to watch it in under 2 1/2 hours.

At 7 hours and even if we’re only talking about main numbered titles (and CV) and ignoring remakes that’s under an hour a game. S ranks for sure.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Killing thousands of brown people in Latin America is what the United States has been doing for ages so it makes sense it'd be in Suicide Squad 2. Interesting the discussion popped up right after someone linked a video about Henry Kissinger since he really got that ball rolling.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Killing thousands of brown people in Latin America is what the United States has been doing for ages so it makes sense it'd be in Suicide Squad 2. Interesting the discussion popped up right after someone linked a video about Henry Kissinger since he really got that ball rolling.

right now seems to be the moment for really nihilistic despair when it comes to American empire. in some ways, an American despairing about the damage the US does can come across as really self-serving and obnoxious. I'd be really curious if SS2 threads that needle in a compelling way. this discussion is definitely motivating me to go see it for sure.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Groovelord Neato posted:

Unless Kissinger is 200 years old, I think you might be forgetting some things that happened before he was around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The stuff in the film is referencing Cold War interventions. The capital city of the fictional country was founded by escaped Nazis.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

You're thinking of OneAngryGamer who continually got owned more and more as gaming companies made even the blandest of progressive statements.
He also attempted to unironically make a no poo poo "List of American Traitors". It was more pathetic than you could ever imagine.

Ghostlight posted:

mcintosh is a bit of a weird purist but he's never been so desperate for attention as to kick himself in the balls on national tv.

Coffins first actual foray into internet fame was honest to god making the original Gay Fuel meme on YTMND. Seriously.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah. That poo poo was surreal because you kinda have that moment of “holy poo poo these dudes really are that sad and dumb”.

Out of bile curiosity I checked his Twitter again last night and one of his more recent tweets is a declaration of victory that Netflix He-Man (a show he, by his own admission doesn’t actually give a poo poo about because he’s literally too old to be nostalgic for the 80s show) is bad because… one of the actors in it blocked him on Twitter because he was clearly harassing them. Class act all around.

A man within reaching distance of his old age pension.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

Out of bile curiosity I checked his Twitter again last night and one of his more recent tweets is a declaration of victory that Netflix He-Man (a show he, by his own admission doesn’t actually give a poo poo about because he’s literally too old to be nostalgic for the 80s show) is bad because… one of the actors in it blocked him on Twitter because he was clearly harassing them. Class act all around.

A man within reaching distance of his old age pension.

i dont get that poo poo. its like the chuds getting mad at new Muppet babies or poo poo that's clearly not for them. like holy gently caress all these dudes are so loving insecure that it would just be sad if they wernt massive bigots and poo poo. like i heard He-man kinda has issues that have nothing to do with the chud poo poo, but its like the chuds getting mad with the new she-ra because its like an actual show that its apperently good and does its own thing and isnt just a marketing reskin but for girls like the original.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
It's weird to see all these attempts to bring a complex worldview to McIntosh when he's just a dweeb who thinks any depiction of violence for any reason is inherently evil. It's literally the only thing he talks about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Back to covering 3 episodes after a long stretch of only two at a time in this episode of Bizarre Podcast: Dogs Must Die looking at Oingo Bingo and both Anubis parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-d69z7HJCo

Hey General Ironicus, I know you lurk this thread! Where the heck are the rest of those Tourist Trapped episodes? I googled it, looked on Player FM, and Wear Casts and I got nothing.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

RareAcumen posted:

Back to covering 3 episodes after a long stretch of only two at a time in this episode of Bizarre Podcast: Dogs Must Die looking at Oingo Bingo and both Anubis parts.

Hey General Ironicus, I know you lurk this thread! Where the heck are the rest of those Tourist Trapped episodes? I googled it, looked on Player FM, and Wear Casts and I got nothing.

There’s only the one. We pretended it was the 1st anniversary special as a bit and I try not to break kayfabe when I talk about it. Considered bringing it back for the Galactic Starcruiser at Disney World, but the FAQ isn’t as funny as I hoped.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well let that go to show how gullible I am!

You guest on so many podcasts I'd believe anything with little prompting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Ironicus while you're here - I hear you and Chip discuss Kamen Rider in passing from time to time. What Rider stuff have you seen/enjoyed?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Acute Grill posted:

It's weird to see all these attempts to bring a complex worldview to McIntosh when he's just a dweeb who thinks any depiction of violence for any reason is inherently evil. It's literally the only thing he talks about.

because most of his videos are fine and even ok/good. its just his weird hosed up thing. i mean i legit tried to openly tell him nicely yesterday that i agree with a bunch of his ideas but holy gently caress is he bad on twitter. and he was really nice repsonce about it. the issue is he is just stuck up his own rear end and all you can do is laugh.

anyway laugh at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/TheFlemishSeth/status/1424795373739167753

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They missed the last 3 chucky movies huh

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because most of his videos are fine and even ok/good. its just his weird hosed up thing. i mean i legit tried to openly tell him nicely yesterday that i agree with a bunch of his ideas but holy gently caress is he bad on twitter. and he was really nice repsonce about it. the issue is he is just stuck up his own rear end and all you can do is laugh.

anyway laugh at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/TheFlemishSeth/status/1424795373739167753

I get why Jeremy never leaves the safe space of his piss basement and has his alleged wife go out into the world and do everything for him now. The dude is deathly afraid of everything and will have a panic attack over.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Me when Noah Caldwell-Gervais says Resident Evil: Code Veronica is bad -> Me when Noah Caldwell-Gervais says Resident Evil 6 is bad:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

They missed the last 3 chucky movies huh
I was gonna say did they miss the one that was about a disabled person dealing with an abusive family?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Or the one with their gender fluid child?

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

JordanKai posted:

Me when Noah Caldwell-Gervais says Resident Evil: Code Veronica is bad -> Me when Noah Caldwell-Gervais says Resident Evil 6 is bad:

He's right and that's why RE6 is good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean their CO was rescued by them, and mission lied to them and said to kill them all to save him. This is brought up later in the movie when it’s revealed the whose operation is a farce designed to protect the USA’s image and bury secrets of war crimes. I don’t think that absolves it, but it at least ties into the USA and its history of regime change.

The problem is that it’s all pinned on one woman being evil, instead of systematic rot throughout the government, and when she crosses a clear moral line the rest of mission control knocks her out and takes over. And they suffer no serious punishment for it! That is a thing that…does not happen in real life.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

JordanKai posted:

i am curious what he thinks of 4/7/8.

nine-gear crow posted:

I get why Jeremy never leaves the safe space of his piss basement and has his alleged wife go out into the world and do everything for him now. The dude is deathly afraid of everything and will have a panic attack over.

again. why are these so people upset about this poo poo. like the "WOKE=BROKE" poo poo is bullshit and has clearly been proven false. why do you give a gently caress about the muppet babies.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RareAcumen posted:

https://twitter.com/Freeappears/status/1424744635243585537
:allears:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

There’s no way Grant has that much hair

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

and now after this they'll be going back to 2 at a time for almost the entire rest of the season lmao

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why that uglies the Quartering's beard!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Why that uglies the Quartering's beard!

Hey, it’s the only hair he has left on his head at this point!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

JordanKai posted:

6 is 2/3rds Dog poo poo an 1/3rd "Good as RE5".

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean their CO was rescued by them, and mission lied to them and said to kill them all to save him. This is brought up later in the movie when it’s revealed the whose operation is a farce designed to protect the USA’s image and bury secrets of war crimes. I don’t think that absolves it, but it at least ties into the USA and its history of regime change.

The problem is that it’s all pinned on one woman being evil, instead of systematic rot throughout the government, and when she crosses a clear moral line the rest of mission control knocks her out and takes over. And they suffer no serious punishment for it! That is a thing that…does not happen in real life.

Yeah, it clearly doesn't support American interventionism or anything like that, but I wouldn't blame anyone who found it tacky to use that stuff as the backdrop for a comedy superhero flick, especially when it doesn't really have anything that interesting or novel to say on the subject.

Films still fairly entertaining.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Vagabong posted:

Yeah, it clearly doesn't support American interventionism or anything like that, but I wouldn't blame anyone who found it tacky to use that stuff as the backdrop for a comedy superhero flick, especially when it doesn't really have anything that interesting or novel to say on the subject.

Films still fairly entertaining.

Honestly considering how tepid the blockbuster space is about that sort of thing, to some extent saying "actually the US are absolute monsters who dump their dirty projects on regimes they propped up for decades" at all could well be novel for a lot of the audience.

Admittedly I can't be too hard on Gunn and the rest of the team for the poo poo luck that their movie would land less than a month out from honest to god US sabre rattling towards Cuba again, because I think the timing is more bothersome to a lot of folk than borrowing from that aesthetic at all.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

6 is 2/3rds Dog poo poo an 1/3rd "Good as RE5".

I think it's roughly 2/5ths really tedious setpieces that don't complement the gameplay and 3/5ths the greatest third-person shooter ever made. :colbert:

e: "As good as RE5" is also pretty high praise considering RE5 is one of the finest co-op games ever made. :colbert: :colbert:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 10, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RE6 is an incredible Mercenaries stand-alone game with a terrible campaign mode for some reason

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I've been playing through the RE series for the last year or so (started during 2020, took a break after starting Code Veronica; got back into it a month or two ago, and I just started RE7 yesterday). Looks like he covered the Outbreak games, which I skipped over. From the bit of that section I watched (because I don't want to watch the whole thing), he just played it in single-player, but I know that people have gotten multiplayer setup for it via emulation (there was a channel I found on Twitch that was streaming it a while ago). On the other hand, it looks like he didn't cover the light-gun games (Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles), which I did play through Dolphin.

JordanKai posted:

I found RE6 to just be bland and kind of dull than offensively bad. I like that each campaign is kind of styled differently from one another, but it's not something .

I didn't care for Code Veronica when I was done with it, but then I played RE0, and I thought, "drat, maybe I was too hard on Code Veronica."

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I have TheDarkId to thank for helping me realize how bad Code Veronica is.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

On the other hand, it looks like he didn't cover the light-gun games (Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles), which I did play through Dolphin.
He did play them but doesn't given them a full segment just a brief summary at the end of the Resident Evil: Survivor segment because they're so similar.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

DoctorWhat posted:

Ironicus while you're here - I hear you and Chip discuss Kamen Rider in passing from time to time. What Rider stuff have you seen/enjoyed?

I’m just going from cultural osmosis, around 6 episodes of Kuuga, and occasional wiki dives when I see something that makes me curious. I did enjoy the beginning of Kuuga and plan to get back to it sometime.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Kuuga is all-time and I strongly recommend returning to it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

General Ironicus posted:

I’m just going from cultural osmosis, around 6 episodes of Kuuga, and occasional wiki dives when I see something that makes me curious. I did enjoy the beginning of Kuuga and plan to get back to it sometime.

Please watch Kuuga and maybe Den-O or Ex-Aid. I think you'd enjoy those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

JordanKai posted:

"As good as RE5" is also pretty high praise considering RE5 is one of the finest co-op games ever made. :colbert: :colbert:
man co-op games must be dire if RE5 is topping that list.

imo RE6 at the best of times is somewhere in the range of the better part of 4's early game and in it's worst parts about as bad as the end game of 5. I don't really get 4 being held up as the pinnacle of the series tho so keep that in mind. Not sure if I'll go see what his uh almost 8 hours of opinions entail but if nothing else 6's story and tone are a bit janktown so I could see him being bored by it.