Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Zhent posted:

Evac moving entirely according to plan...

Leaving behind the pilots that you asked to cover the extraction of your capital and supercapital assets? Awesome.

The more of their own guys realize that TEST leadership doesn't give a poo poo about them, the fewer people they will have to defend their Outer Passage refugee camp

All according to keikaku

e: PH, TEST, same thing at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Meanwhile we are "Leave no Goon behind". It's one of the cardinal rules as an FC that no one is ever left behind too.

No poo poo, I never could play much EVE because it bores me to tears unless I'm doing fleet ops and the last time my life was in a state where I could commit enough time to sitting on my pc for a fleet op was when I was like, 25. But I remember when I did play for a bit, it wasn't the first time I'd ever been on an op but it was the first time I was flying anything other than a rifter. We jump to this bridging titan, and it's the first titan I've ever seen and the first time I ever bridged so of course I gently caress it up. Rest of the fleet bridges, titan jumps. Then I'm like "oh I hosed up, guess I'll take my chances on the gate route" when this loving titan jumps the gently caress back in and bridges my lone useless rear end to my fleet.

Obviously I got roasted, mostly by myself, but yeah. No goon left behind. Huge hassle just to keep a newbie from sticking a fork in a socket but sure made me feel like part of the team.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Zhent posted:

Exactly. Keeping your subcap pilots engaged and involved is critical, plus keeping your members happy while they traipse across the galaxy seems like 'the job' for a CEO or FC. The trail of tears, papi failure edition is bad, but at least capitals can jump, logoff, and do something else. Subcaps pounding out 80 jumps or whatever it is is just terrible.
Completely agree.

Also, I want to point out that today's harpy pilot is tomorrow's carrier pilot and next year's super pilot. Goons have grown cap characters organically over the decade+ they've been playing the game. The MO of most of nullsec is to poach cap pilots from smaller alliances.

When you constantly have content on everything from shitstack frigates all the way up to supercaps, you provide a ladder for people to climb to wherever they have the most fun.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

The Portal Generator requires JDC V to train into and JFC affects how much fuel you use portaling and jumping.

Weird, only references I can find says it’s JPG 1.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

right into my veins, yesssssssssss

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Kerbtree posted:

Weird, only references I can find says it’s JPG 1.

I believe that only JPG 1 applies to blackops, and the rest of that skill only applies to titans opening portals.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

This is real useful for us watching from the sidelines:

https://imperium.news/papis-retreat-daily-report-days-1-7/

ricepowah
May 3, 2008
Delta Sqad has come home.
Our promised lands will be rebuilt soon

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Reading all this is making me really consider rejoining GF to smash Reddit scum. I haven’t been in any large scale pvp in almost 7 or 8 years, can the servers actually support these massive battles now without melting down like they used to?

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010

Zhent posted:

I believe that only JPG 1 applies to blackops, and the rest of that skill only applies to titans opening portals.

JPG also effects BFGs.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

hello internet posted:

Reading all this is making me really consider rejoining GF to smash Reddit scum. I haven’t been in any large scale pvp in almost 7 or 8 years, can the servers actually support these massive battles now without melting down like they used to?

The biggest battles of this war (so far) saw upwards of 8,000 people in single systems fighting. The server meltage still happens but the game is somewhat playable while it's melting.

EDIT: https://www.ccpgames.com/news/2020/eve-online-breaks-two-guinness-world-records-tm-titles-in-one-day-with

Otacon fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 9, 2021

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
When you think about it, that was a common theme throughout the war. They "invaded" Esoteria after Test announced they were leaving too.

But yeah, those Delve structures and iHubs were there 2 weeks ago, and 2 months ago. Nothing holding them back from retaking them then, other than fear.

Lets be clear though. Imperium did win. Their "turtle up" strategy did work. All of this false bravado now though is a little comical, but when you think about it, completely in character for them.

They're like the kid who runs inside and flips you off through their living room window, then runs outside and shouts "you'd better run before I kick your rear end" when you leave.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

hello internet posted:

The servers basically never crash under the load anymore, except when you have papi idiots jumping in by the thousands when there are already 5,000 on grid, such as during M2-

TiDi is still a thing, though, and the time it takes to resolve outstanding calls can get pretty extreme when you have thousands of people fighting each other. On the other hand, the likelihood of such massive battles has massively decreased now that papi has basically disintegrated.

Come on in, it's killing time.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dalmuti posted:

When you think about it, that was a common theme throughout the war. They "invaded" Esoteria after Test announced they were leaving too.

But yeah, those Delve structures and iHubs were there 2 weeks ago, and 2 months ago. Nothing holding them back from retaking them then, other than fear.

Lets be clear though. Imperium did win. Their "turtle up" strategy did work. All of this false bravado now though is a little comical, but when you think about it, completely in character for them.

They're like the kid who runs inside and flips you off through their living room window, then runs outside and shouts "you'd better run before I kick your rear end" when you leave.

Spending 13 months trying to get a kid, not surprising at all from the Reddit alliance

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

notaspy posted:

This is real useful for us watching from the sidelines:

https://imperium.news/papis-retreat-daily-report-days-1-7/

quote:

3 Dreadnoughts (18.57 billion) (Heimatar; killed by Snuffed who removed BRAVE ACLs from a Freeport during a move-op

Haha whaaat is there anywhere we can read about this?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

And all of this was made possible by a n00b getting 1dps on a jammer

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

D ROYAL

well i feel compelled to give a few final words before i take my last jump out of this Sh*t holes the cancerous gf calls home it a grunt in which u live. u should not exist i would rather every single account was banned by ccp u wouldnt be missed. u scum are about as welcome as a floating turd in the internaation space station u ruin the game for noobs hence the above u are responsible for the decline of members ingame u cheated ur way into this region cheating the keys from devs re bob well documented ur leader is an absolute wrongen i find looking at him is looking at being infront of a profanity its self. one actually feels compelled to natuarally heave and wrench listening to his childish rants it has all the virtues most of us natuarally resist and no vices i admire he is despised by his alliance and ur all the the gravy train so u keep ur burger stuffed high mouths shut. u are all sin i find ur existence offensive and pray the day of ur ruin whole and complete u have but no freinds u are trhe scum of eve

Otacon fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 9, 2021

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

hello internet posted:

can the servers actually support these massive battles now without melting down like they used to?
Short answer: yes.

I was in a 2000 person HAC brawl a couple days ago on an unreinforced node and the server largely worked, for certain definitions of "worked". Way, way better than 500 person fights 7-8 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a massive pain to deal with and every time CCP improves server performance, more people join up. But fleet combat largely works at that scale. Which is pretty drat impressive compared to every other game out there.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

notaspy posted:

And all of this was made possible by a n00b getting 1dps on a jammer

This bears repeating. Has Mittens given out a Hero of the Swarm award for that guy?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Otacon posted:

well i feel compelled to give a few final words before i take my last jump out of this Sh*t holes the cancerous gf calls home it a grunt in which u live. u should not exist i would rather every single account was banned by ccp u wouldnt be missed. u scum are about as welcome as a floating turd in the internaation space station u ruin the game for noobs hence the above u are responsible for the decline of members ingame u cheated ur way into this region cheating the keys from devs re bob well documented ur leader is an absolute wrongen i find looking at him is looking at being infront of a profanity its self. one actually feels compelled to naturally heave and wrench listening to his childish rants it has all the virtues most of us naturally resist and no vices i admire he is despised by his alliance and ur all the the gravy train so u keep ur burger stuffed high mouths shut. u are all sin i find ur existence offensive and pray the day of ur ruin whole and complete u have but no freinds u are trhe scum of eve

Another stroke victim weighing in on the 'CFC'

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Otacon posted:

well i feel compelled to give a few final words before i take my last jump out of this Sh*t holes the cancerous gf calls home it a grunt in which u live. u should not exist i would rather every single account was banned by ccp u wouldnt be missed. u scum are about as welcome as a floating turd in the internaation space station u ruin the game for noobs hence the above u are responsible for the decline of members ingame u cheated ur way into this region cheating the keys from devs re bob well documented ur leader is an absolute wrongen i find looking at him is looking at being infront of a profanity its self. one actually feels compelled to naturally heave and wrench listening to his childish rants it has all the virtues most of us naturally resist and no vices i admire he is despised by his alliance and ur all the the gravy train so u keep ur burger stuffed high mouths shut. u are all sin i find ur existence offensive and pray the day of ur ruin whole and complete u have but no freinds u are trhe scum of eve

pubbie_tears.jpg

God drat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They're so mad that we refused to be exterminated, so very rude, what a toxic goon thing to do

Meanwhile they have several prominent members like Hedliner calling their fellow FC's and 'paper pushers' retards and other, even worse slurs, which is of course normal and cool

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I think it staggered them that so many people who had quit eve came BACK to the game just to fight. Usually in these pubbie corps people come back to get their poo poo out of the warzone, not fly in.

'the day of ur ruin whole and complete u have but no freinds u are trhe scum of eve' is my favorite

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ur leader is an absolute wrongen

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Hra Mormo posted:

No poo poo, I never could play much EVE because it bores me to tears unless I'm doing fleet ops and the last time my life was in a state where I could commit enough time to sitting on my pc for a fleet op was when I was like, 25. But I remember when I did play for a bit, it wasn't the first time I'd ever been on an op but it was the first time I was flying anything other than a rifter. We jump to this bridging titan, and it's the first titan I've ever seen and the first time I ever bridged so of course I gently caress it up. Rest of the fleet bridges, titan jumps. Then I'm like "oh I hosed up, guess I'll take my chances on the gate route" when this loving titan jumps the gently caress back in and bridges my lone useless rear end to my fleet.

Obviously I got roasted, mostly by myself, but yeah. No goon left behind. Huge hassle just to keep a newbie from sticking a fork in a socket but sure made me feel like part of the team.

Same. Caish made a personal bridge for me when I didn’t know I needed to be within 2500m to take the bridge. I sat there right clicking the titan looking for a bridge button and wondering why it wasn’t working.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah its really cool that despite the fact i know gently caress-all im not getting treated like a complete moron like i would in other corps/alliances

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/GOON_KILL_IX

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Zhent posted:

I think it staggered them that so many people who had quit eve came BACK to the game just to fight. Usually in these pubbie corps people come back to get their poo poo out of the warzone, not fly in.

Most of us were ready to fight for 1DQ until our very last ship was destroyed. It just wasn't necessary, since they never even breached the constellation.

In a weird way papi may have gotten the last laugh, their cowardice and risk-aversion denied us the glory of a final battle, win or lose.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This some Umberto Eco poo poo, we're simultaneously a crappy, substandard, useless, inferior alliance, and somehow a threat to the entire rest of the playerbase

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

this reads like parody
im getting peter bramfoot vibes from it

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Harry Forever went super saiyan

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Dalmuti posted:

Marcus Murphy really is the gift that keeps on giving, and has done so many about faces in this war his neck must be close to breaking

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Otacon posted:

D ROYAL

well i feel compelled to give a few final words before i take my last jump out of this Sh*t holes the cancerous gf calls home it a grunt in which u live. u should not exist i would rather every single account was banned by ccp u wouldnt be missed. u scum are about as welcome as a floating turd in the internaation space station u ruin the game for noobs hence the above u are responsible for the decline of members ingame u cheated ur way into this region cheating the keys from devs re bob well documented ur leader is an absolute wrongen i find looking at him is looking at being infront of a profanity its self. one actually feels compelled to natuarally heave and wrench listening to his childish rants it has all the virtues most of us natuarally resist and no vices i admire he is despised by his alliance and ur all the the gravy train so u keep ur burger stuffed high mouths shut. u are all sin i find ur existence offensive and pray the day of ur ruin whole and complete u have but no freinds u are trhe scum of eve

The one thing all these pubbies crying about how we ruined the game have in common, is a yet undiagnosed mental illness.

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

Dalael posted:

The one thing all these pubbies crying about how we ruined the game have in common, is a yet undiagnosed mental illness.

Don't throw mentally ill people in that bin.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dalael posted:

D named posters are the worst.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

This some Umberto Eco poo poo, we're simultaneously a crappy, substandard, useless, inferior alliance, and somehow a threat to the entire rest of the playerbase

I made that point to Olmeca Gold before his Twitter account got zonked and he blocked me :(

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Otacon posted:

D ROYAL

We all know that people who cast down others as sinners are themselves great, moral, whole, mature, healthy people who are remembered fondly by the authors of history.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ugly filth, your existence is a sin and I regret we cannot kill the lot of you.

-Yours in Christ,
Janet9112001

God Bless America
Remember to Live, Laugh, Love Today!
Add me on Facebook and Twitter Gab
WWJD

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 9, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
All this salt yet all I can hear is "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DIE AND LET US BRING THE BAD OLD DAYS OF BoB BACK?!?!?!?!?!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
“Lol goonies are saying we aren’t invading fast enough because they’re not defending”

“lol of course goonies are taking their space back so fast we’re not defending it”