Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
The only time when the modern Olympics was arguably kinda sorta not jingoistic dickwaving was back when it was a bunch of rich white people loving around and women weren't allowed to run fast because they were afraid their uterus would fall out or some poo poo

Nonetheless the graft and bullshit is probably way worse now that there's massive money in sportswear et al and the idea of the Olympics being about amateur competition is pretty truly gone and won't be back without forced restructuring of the entire thing which will realistically not happen

It's a shame because conceptually the Olympics is one of the cooler things that humanity does in that almost the entire world comes together and does poo poo, the reality of it just has so much bullshit

Neurolimal posted:

Didnt china miss out on a gold because they didnt bow to the judges or some dumb poo poo

Yeah he didn't do the move or whatever you're supposed to do at the end but Gymnastics being judged subjectively by judges is always basically completely messed up and unreliable. It's realistically perfectly likely the Indian judge gave him a lower score than he should have gotten due to nationalism

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202107/1230108.shtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

The original olympics games were about dickwaving between the city-states, its never been pure

like, literally lol

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

The original olympics games were about dickwaving between the city-states, its never been pure

Spergin Morlock posted:

like, literally lol

the idea of the olympics that existed in my head, god

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
pick those nits one day they're going to bite back

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I meant the Athenians and Spartans were literally cocks out while they competed. shot put was the original meatspin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/poldiscoursebot/status/1424586805152727044

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

LimburgLimbo posted:

Hmm lets check everything that's been said about the olympics in the D&D thread in the last bit:

So the opposite; talking about how western countries do the same "sour grapes"ing as others, and actually talking about how Western countries mistreat and don't care for their athletes.

The breathlessly kramering into the China threads talking about how that OTHER China threads are so full of insane racists/tankies/colonizers/libs etc. is really dumb in the first place but it's even more dumb when it's literally the opposite of what's been said.

If you're seeing some poo poo from back in July or June or something saying what you claim then by all means post it.

Edit: you're right that they mention "the old communist training programs" which is clearly a reference to the USSR and East Germany

What do you hope to achieve by d&d style posting in CSPAM while simultaneously being wrong?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Lol so are we defining CSPAM style posting as moronic and demonstrably wrong?
Because that doesn’t really track with anyone but you, because other people actually have interesting stuff to say

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

CHUD somewhere: actually don’t you know that China is very Capitalist?!?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

LimburgLimbo posted:

Because that doesn’t really track with anyone but you, because other people actually have interesting stuff to say

Try reading my post. It helps when you're not wrong or misread a post when acting like a smug oval office.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

thats what makes it so powerful when it turns out to be right

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

cspam posting reactions to d&d is just YouTube culture

the guy just needs to post his face reacting in the thumbnail

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

shrike82 posted:

cspam posting reactions to d&d is just YouTube culture

the guy just needs to post his face reacting in the thumbnail

UBER DIDI DRIVER SUCKED ME OFF???

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
(dexter voice) aaaaaggghhhhhh DnD!!!!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

thatfatkid posted:

Try reading my post. It helps when you're not wrong or misread a post when acting like a smug oval office.

Because I’m such a smug oval office I’ll need you to show me where:

“Lol the d&d china thread are now twisting themselves into pretzels discussing how China does Olympics athlete training evilly unlike the noble and freedom loving West.”

is reflective of what’s been posted.

That’s absolutely something that’s been said by various dumb assholes in various places, it’s just not something being said in the D&D thread right now. In fact they’re clearly aware of that line of rhetoric towards China and though it’s not being discussed explicitly they’re implicitly refuting the idea that China is uniquely uncaring about its athletes by talking about the treatment of people in the Australian athletics program.

They’re very literally saying the opposite of what you claim, and framing things in a way that emphasizes that China’s Olympic program is not far from western ones, which is presumably your position as well.

If there’s some other thread or some old conversation I haven’t seen because I’m not glued to these threads all the time, for real please show me. I’m not trying to “win” and would be happy to be wrong, I just don’t like people trying to dredge up anger or some poo poo by saying stuff that appears to be completely off base to get cool points, which it appears you’re doing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i just wanna make a general request that if i ever degenerate mentally to the state where i feel a compulsion to unironically defend d&d then could some kind goon please find me and put me out of my misery, tia

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

LimburgLimbo posted:

Because I’m such a smug oval office I’ll need you to show me where:

“Lol the d&d china thread are now twisting themselves into pretzels discussing how China does Olympics athlete training evilly unlike the noble and freedom loving West.”

is reflective of what’s been posted.

You seem to be advocating self-harm(reading DnD) in this post.
Also to everyone inventing DnD posts to get mad at: Could you at least go all the way and have transformer write some?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

genericnick posted:

You seem to be advocating self-harm(reading DnD) in this post.
Also to everyone inventing DnD posts to get mad at: Could you at least go all the way and have transformer write some?

Quite the opposite, I read DnD so you don’t have to!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Dnd posters are unequivocally racists who hate China and it's military/technical prowess, and are probably pedophiles who love anime, lol at u for trying to white knight them, imperialist simp (simperialist?)

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

quote:

https://www.scmp.com/tech/big-tech/...ampaign=3144291
Alibaba working with police amid rape, sexual harassment allegations by female employee

The employee alleged that she fell unconscious after being forced to imbibe a drink during dinner, which led to an unidentified client molesting her in the restaurant.

She alleged that her Taoxianda supervisor took her back to an unidentified hotel because she was in an intoxicated state.

This supervisor, who apparently got a room card from the reception desk, entered the female employee’s room four times during that night, according to her online account.
When she woke up on July 28, the employee alleged that she found herself naked and then called the police. Her supervisor was held for questioning by Jinan police, but was released after 24 hours, according to the employee’s account.

everything i hear about chinese tech companies either through friends or the media make them sound like american tech companies but worse

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i think it would be imperiasimp, but i'm not completely sure on this one

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Simperialist is probably the cleanest. Impsimp has a nice ring to it tho

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kill All Cops posted:

Dnd posters are unequivocally racists who hate China and it's military/technical prowess, and are probably pedophiles who love anime, lol at u for trying to white knight them, imperialist simp (simperialist?)

agreed. thanks for clearing this up now we can all move on

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Spergin Morlock posted:

I meant the Athenians and Spartans were literally cocks out while they competed. shot put was the original meatspin

:actually: the Spartans did not compete in the Olympics (besides chariot racing) because they figured if they lost in an event their image of unbeatable warrior badasses would be shattered. Then the Helots, which were subjugated mostly under the pretext they could never beat the Spartans, would revolt.

Chariot racing was the exception because it was not the driver who won but the sponsor of the chariot and horses. It's actually how the first woman won an Olympic event, a Spartan woman sponsored a chariot.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

(dexter voice) aaaaaggghhhhhh DnD!!!!

took me a second to get this is the cartoon and not the serial killer

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

LimburgLimbo posted:

Simperialist is probably the cleanest. Impsimp has a nice ring to it tho

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Simpire has dominated four systems...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

oh poo poo its the poster that previously posted about how chinese workers are naive and arent as sophisticated in their thinking unlike westerners

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

shrike82 posted:

everything i hear about chinese tech companies either through friends or the media make them sound like american tech companies but worse

ah but you see workplace sexual harassment and rape in america are better because

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/07/22/activision-blizzard-lawsuit-alleges-horrific-mistreatment-of-women/

quote:

And finally, the most haunting story documented in the lawsuit. Again, a content warning:

A female employee died by suicide on a company trip. The lawsuit alleges this was “due to a sexual relationship she had been having with her male supervisor,” who was found by police to have brought sex toys to the trip. Additionally, it was cited the female employee had previously faced intense sexual harassment at work, including an incident where a photo of her genitals was passed around by male employees at a holiday party.

fuckin' weird rear end takes from shrike

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i guess the takeaway is that late stage communism is pretty much indistinguishable from late state capitalism :shrug:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The only difference between communism and capitalism is 700k Covid deaths and magnetic levitation trains.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The difference is that nothing is being done in the US about it for decades whereas china would probably get their executives disappeared into re-education camps before they show up again a year later extoling the virtues of the CCP and how the company should be nationalized.

If you think this is a bad thing you might be a lib.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The only difference between communism and capitalism is 700k Covid deaths and magnetic levitation trains.

japan and south korea are apparently neoliberal so that comparison doesn't work either

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol shrike

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

#notallcapitalists

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

"Late stage communism" is a hilarious phrase, btw. But you're gonna have a hard time trolling when you play that card first.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shrike's entire gimmick is being a terminal contrarian while "hate listening" to both chapo trap house and derek davidson's podcast.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

shrike82 posted:

i guess the takeaway is that late stage communism is pretty much indistinguishable from late state capitalism :shrug:

the takeaway is that you're a gigantic dumbass and have been for your entire posting career

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Does China have railfans or is the maglev too fast to jack off to?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Speaking of jacking off to trains, some Japanese train photographers got reeeeal pissed that a foreign dude was going by and got in the way of their shot recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDU3-ePoO8&t=34s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

LimburgLimbo posted:

Speaking of jacking off to trains, some Japanese train photographers got reeeeal pissed that a foreign dude was going by and got in the way of their shot recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDU3-ePoO8&t=34s

the comments on the video are pretty funny including this one

quote:

英語で状況説明出来るやつ誰一人としていないの笑う