Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

I never doubted you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I see people have started talking about this here, for the record this has nothing to do with Urban and everything to do with Henderson dealing with severe depression and possibly falling out of love with football. He might retire.

Here are his most recent Twitter likes

And to cut off the inevitable "the Jaguars are trying to eject someone in mental health crisis, this is gross" takes:

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 9, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Trey Lance hype from 49ers camp is already gross.

Yeah it's great

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

JT Jag posted:

So I see people have started talking about this here, for the record this has nothing to do with Urban and everything to do with Henderson dealing with severe depression and possibly falling out of love with football. He might retire.

And to cut off the inevitable "the Jaguars are trying to eject someone in mental health crisis, this is gross" takes:

By facility do they mean mental health facility, or the practice arena? Because maybe forcing the guy to go to work right now ain’t the best idea? I dunno, I don’t want to read too much into a couple of social media posts, but it sounds like he’s hurting and that sucks, I hope he gets some help.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Thaddius the Large posted:

By facility do they mean mental health facility, or the practice arena? Because maybe forcing the guy to go to work right now ain’t the best idea? I dunno, I don’t want to read too much into a couple of social media posts, but it sounds like he’s hurting and that sucks, I hope he gets some help.
Presumably just in the building, to talk with the coaches and doctors if necessary. He's barely practiced all offseason.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love Justin Fields. Denver is hilarious. So is Atlanta. When I see a QB with that moxy and accuracy and runs a 4.45 40 I don't think nah.

I love Trey's arm but nothing in the world beats accuracy. Maybe processing.

It doesn't hurt that he looks like Daft Punk with that gold visor

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
only thing going against Fields is the Bears franchise is cursed.

Nothing good at the QB position is allowed to happen.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

I love Trey's arm but nothing in the world beats accuracy.

You must love Mac Jones then.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dexo posted:

only thing going against Fields is the Bears franchise is cursed.

Nothing good at the QB position is allowed to happen.

Also the whole OSU QB thing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Also the whole OSU QB thing

This doesn't matter at all

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

This doesn't matter at all

Of course not, but he would be burning through two pretty powerful curses.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Fields is technically a Georgia quarterback. Jacob Eason is too.

UGA really is about to have two QBs from the 2017 team start in the NFL and none of them are Jake Fromm. LMAO

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JT Jag posted:

That loving sucks, man. Mentally, that’s a hard spot to be. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Michael Thomas is mad.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1424690080703291393?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao that funchess is saying he isn't racist because he eats at panda express or something.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

@Cantgetaholdofmike

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JT Jag posted:

Somewhere, a head coach who loves DBs starts breathing heavily. He knows a guy. A guy who's really into getting depressed men to clean their rooms. He's still alive, right? An idea forms.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

kiimo posted:

Trevor Lawrence is so good he's going to lift his coaches, not be brought down by them. Any rookie QB with some kind of heat lately is a distant second. And I love Trey and Fields.

The other two can get hosed

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1424490642735079433

This is obviously a deep fake, try having something more believable than Treadwell catching a deep ball next time!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

does anyone have that viral tweet that's along the lines of

"qb tweets: Great team win today!

rb tweets: I am blessed! Let's get this bread

wr tweets: the enemy hides in plain sight and carries a knife"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Deshaun is practicing again.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1424733803822686213?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems to be competing narratives within NFL media. Regardless, gently caress Deshaun Watson and whatever team trades for him.
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1424737998235709445
https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1424737436337332228

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Seems to be competing narratives within NFL media. Regardless, gently caress Deshaun Watson and whatever team trades for him.

From what I understand, and a Houston fan can correct me if I'm wrong, McClain is pretty reliable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

From what I understand, and a Houston fan can correct me if I'm wrong, McClain is pretty reliable.

From a distance this is my understanding too. He's been there forever and isn't a hack.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's not wearing any shoes. Reference to Die Hard

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

From a distance this is my understanding too. He's been there forever and isn't a hack.

Yeah, IIRC he was usually very close with ownership and the front office in the past (Going back to the Oilers), although I’m not sure how much of that has translated over to the new regime with Cal, Easterby, and Caserio.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol all the Watson poo poo made me forget about the crazy pastor now running that team

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Professor Funk posted:

does anyone have that viral tweet that's along the lines of

"qb tweets: Great team win today!

rb tweets: I am blessed! Let's get this bread

wr tweets: the enemy hides in plain sight and carries a knife"

OL tweets: I wanna get paid in crypto!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Hurts has looked deeply unimpressive in practice, so I'm just waiting for the Eagles to disappoint and make a move for Watson

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

My read is that Robinson's source is from the Texans and McClain's source is from Watson's camp. So, the Texans want him to play but Watson still has no intention on playing for them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I really want to know what the Texans organization thinks lowballing for Watson is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eifert Posting posted:

I really want to know what the Texans organization thinks lowballing for Watson is.

Probably literally any offer they receive is going to be lowball for Watson's talent.

Like Watson is a young top 5ish QB in the league.

Moral implications aside, because lmao at anyone caring about the moral side of this in the NFL front offices, practically you worst case might have to eat a year suspension of your QB at the absolute most. And even then he's worth more than you could probably trade.

Top 5-6 QB's don't ever hit the trade market.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dexo posted:

Moral implications aside, because lmao at anyone caring about the moral side of this in the NFL front offices, practically you worst case might have to eat a year suspension of your QB at the absolute most.

What if there is substantive evidence of the stuff he did and the criminal complaints go to trial?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ehud posted:

What if there is substantive evidence of the stuff he did and the criminal complaints go to trial?

If a criminal complaint gets even remotely close to trial, or even an indictment. A Checkbook opens, and the victims suddenly decide not to cooperate. Has been my general assumption for these things.

Too much money involved for him to be going to jail.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dexo posted:

If a criminal complaint gets even remotely close to trial, or even an indictment. A Checkbook opens, and the victims suddenly decide not to cooperate. Has been my general assumption for these things.

Seems unlikely and also there is no way it would be behind closed doors. There’d have to be some public admission like Kobe.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Dexo posted:

To me it seems that there are too many victims for him to just be able to settle with ALL of them and make this go away.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm not saying It'd be behind closed doors. It might be public. He might have to do some other stuff.

But uhhh I would be willing to bet an irresponsible bit of money that Deshaun Watson does not go to jail over this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seriously, do any of you actually think Watson will go to prison for this? Really? Like, what in the time you've paid attention to football thinks that'll end up happening?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Seriously, do any of you actually think Watson will go to prison for this? Really? Like, what in the time you've paid attention to football thinks that'll end up happening?

Who said anything about jail? But I really hope he's suspended for a serious length of time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

To me it seems that there are too many victims for him to just be able to settle with ALL of them and make this go away.

More than likely most of the victims don't have near enough evidence for criminal charges to be brought against him. Civil yes, criminal less likely. Just have to address those.

And honestly he does. lets say he pays them all like a million dollars. Deshaun is going to be a 27-30 million dollar player a year throughout his career, and it's uh better than going to jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who said anything about jail? But I really hope he's suspended for a serious length of time.

The criminal complaint aspect of it.

And yeah, I'm betting he's suspended for the season. But most likely nothing more then that.