Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

I'm looking at Genshin.gg for info on who takes what kind of talent books to level up and I started checking out suggested builds for everyone and I'm wondering if I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Basically everyone's running some form of atk hourglass, element/physical goblet and then a crit helm of some kind. But this is telling me Noelle should be defense for all 3 and Xingqiu and Mona should have an atk helmet and energy recharge hourglass.

That's inexcusable for xingqiu but could make sense for Mona on a freeze team where you can't proc vaporize and care more about her Omen debuff than the actual burst damage.
I guess the Noelle one is trying to be some awful full-support shield/healer noelle rather than a build meant to do damage with her burst.

Use the builds there as a starting point but yeah it sounds like you should take them with a grain of salt.

You can use this website to see the most common sets + weapons for characters based on real data from teams that full-clear spiral abyss. But it doesn't have details on the specific artifact mainstats, it just shows which set bonus was used. For example, 21% of Abyss-clearing Monas use 4-piece Noblesse, while 16% use 2-piece Noblesse + 2-piece Heart of Depths.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Bloody Emissary posted:

Yep. Klee, Venti, and Zhongli have all had rerun banners.

I want to believe that this means we'll get an Albedo rerun soon. Hopefully long enough after Kokomi for me to collect enough wishes for a good shot at C2...

just fyi fellow C2 Albedo wanter, Albedo's C2 just adds additional damage equal to your number of stacks * 30% defense, so its a plus to your damage, not a multiplier. Your new damage output is basically initial scaling + 120% defense, though this additional defense scaling also applies to the first burst hit and EVERY fatal blossom, so it can add up (and the bonus damage is modified by crit and your damage % modifiers, of course). It does make the burst hit harder, but not as much as you might be lead to believe. But making your defense scaling work on burst is great and cool. Now if only Albedo's blossoms would trigger on shielded enemies...

And hey if you're going C2, why not whale and go for C3 for that +3 levels to E? Who needs money anyways?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Imagine trying to define for some one hundred year old moron judge the abstract notion of "nerfing" while some shithead from the company gets paid thousands of dollars a day to confuse the concept every step of the way

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

Genshin gg has been bad since week 1

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's inexcusable for xingqiu but could make sense for Mona on a freeze team where you can't proc vaporize and care more about her Omen debuff than the actual burst damage.
I guess the Noelle one is trying to be some awful full-support shield/healer noelle rather than a build meant to do damage with her burst.

Use the builds there as a starting point but yeah it sounds like you should take them with a grain of salt.

You can use this website to see the most common sets + weapons for characters based on real data from teams that full-clear spiral abyss. But it doesn't have details on the specific artifact mainstats, it just shows which set bonus was used. For example, 21% of Abyss-clearing Monas use 4-piece Noblesse, while 16% use 2-piece Noblesse + 2-piece Heart of Depths.

I guess I'll just keep using the spreadsheet then since it actually mentions mainstats.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just think the Albedo C2 flower looks nice

at this point there are enough 5* now where i'd like to pop an extra C or two on, on top of just wanting to save for new ones. it's a big choice paralysis but i stay on the side of new things. maybe i can somehow make it out of 2.1 without touching a roll though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

dogsicle posted:

i just think the Albedo C2 flower looks nice

at this point there are enough 5* now where i'd like to pop an extra C or two on, on top of just wanting to save for new ones. it's a big choice paralysis but i stay on the side of new things. maybe i can somehow make it out of 2.1 without touching a roll though.

Wait.... his burst flower looks different at C2?

Anyways let's open fresh wounds and bring up Yoimiya again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8etqEPtFg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

C2 gives you a little floating flower that indicates your stacks for the bonus damage

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

BoldFace posted:

Calling bullshit on this. Do you have a source?

My source is that I read it on the internet somewhere. Apparently it's just a rumor that keeps on popping up.

I'm sure I read a pretty elaborate story of some gacha game in Japan that had new characters that were super strong on release, then nerfed later to make people whale for the new ones. It had a lot of truthiness to it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

I guess I'll just keep using the spreadsheet then since it actually mentions mainstats.

That's the way to go, yes. It also gives priorities, which should answer the question of "Do I want to use DEF or ATK sands?" for a specific character as well as telling you what you want for substats.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Ready for 2.1 :hellyeah:

This'll put me at ~260% ER, 56.7/110.6 CRIT once I give her the polearm version of Festering Desire. Pretty good, but room for improvement.

Tsyni posted:

Nice goblet, you cad.

Interesting tidbit for future Raiden wishers: ATK goblets for Raiden are actually quite competitive with Electro DMG because she gets so many goddamn DMG multipliers from her passive and artifact set.

I have a comparable ATK goblet, but it's actually only on par (or even slightly worse) than my Electro goblet due to my Electro goblet making up some of the ATK difference in the substats. This is before counting the slightly worse CRate roll.

I plan to use the 4* event weapon on her, which slightly favors ATK goblets due to having a DMG multiplier. Her 5* banner weapon gives an ATK bonus, favoring the Electro goblet. This is the most tempted I've ever been for a weapon banner, but I must resist.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This game is kind of unclear in tone when it comes to violence. Like apparently people are being wounded/killed, but it's hard to imagine that Traveler is (most recent story chapter) gutting and dismembering a bunch of Shogunate forces (the same forces you talk to and do random side quests for).

gandlethorpe posted:

This'll put me at ~260% ER, 56.7/110.6 CRIT once I give her the polearm version of Festering Desire. Pretty good, but room for improvement.

I'm the 19.7% DEF on the feather

I've started running that domain but have only gotten a bunch of garbage so far.

Tae posted:

Genshin gg has been bad since week 1

I think that's the one that had Bennett rated super low.

Even now, Google is incredibly bad for finding information about games like this. You just end up with links to a handful of the same sites that present you with "tier lists" that just consist of characters filed into tiers directly corresponding to their rarity. I think that many of these articles aren't even written by people who have played the game.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 9, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Internet discourse/discussion about mobile games and gacha games tends to be extremely low quality
Despite Genshin's popularity outside the typical "gacha gamer" crowd it hasn't really overcome this

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

I'm looking at Genshin.gg for info on who takes what kind of talent books to level up and I started checking out suggested builds for everyone and I'm wondering if I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Basically everyone's running some form of atk hourglass, element/physical goblet and then a crit helm of some kind. But this is telling me Noelle should be defense for all 3 and Xingqiu and Mona should have an atk helmet and energy recharge hourglass.

I am using def/geo dmg/def for Noelle to max out her burst numbers, since you can't really make solid crit numbers there, either the rate or damage will be kinda meh as Whiteblind secondary is def. Theoretically you could luck out on great numbers in substats, but I ain't minmaxing that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Internet discourse/discussion about mobile games and gacha games tends to be extremely low quality
Despite Genshin's popularity outside the typical "gacha gamer" crowd it hasn't really overcome this
if anything that popularity outside the typical crowd has made it worse

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

The fact the feather is the worst piece by a lot is so peculiar to me. Also fwiw if you're planning on using the catch atk goblet will be better when using ER sands if you're not using bennett - right now your raiden will only have something like 50% atk and will have at least 80% dmg from A4 passive and catch passive. It's a great electro cup so it's still fine if that's your best but I have a lot of other electros who could use that thing!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm making a plan for the Yoimiya banner. I'm gonna wish on it because I want Diona and Sayu, but I have some very defined stopping points. I will stop at 60 wishes (the amount I have saved), if I get one (1) Diona, or if I get an early 5* that isn't Yoimiya (so I don't accidentally blow a guarantee before Raiden with two "lucky" pulls). Whichever comes first.

That's the plan and I'm sticking to it so I don't have another Klee banner situation, trying to swim through a sea of Barbaras to find a single Fischl or Sucrose.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Harrow posted:

I will stop at 60 wishes (the amount I have saved), if I get one (1) Diona, or if I get an early 5* that isn't Yoimiya (so I don't accidentally blow a guarantee before Raiden with two "lucky" pulls). Whichever comes first.

As someone with a 40-pull Childe and a 35-pull Hu Tao, congratulations on your 55-pull Yoimiya!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm only like two wishes in after getting Qiqi'd on Ayaka's banner with around 50 wishes in the bank so I'm in pretty good shape for getting Sayu (might risk it for her C1 at least) and not Yoimiya while building up a guaranteed pity for Baal.

That's the plan anyway. Watch this space for when I get Yo on my third pull and never get Sayu and I'm skint on primos for Baal's banner. :haw:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mailer posted:

As someone with a 40-pull Childe and a 35-pull Hu Tao, congratulations on your 55-pull Yoimiya!

Hey, I wouldn't mind! An early 5* who ends up being the featured one is just kind of a bonus I guess. It's just if get an early 5* and lose the 50/50 then I'm stopping immediately so I can save my guarantee.

The real nightmare scenario is blowing all 60 wishes and ending up with a C6 Xinyan and nothing else

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

How far away is the Baal/Raiden banner? thinking about saving all my primos until then.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've done similarly on half a dozen banners and only gotten punished once. It's not as crazy as people make it out to be especially on coinflip pity and especially if you don't mind pulling the 5* that much. I wouldnt take the risk on total bricks like Ayaka C1, Venti C1, Ganyu C2, but I'm hoping Yoimiya won't be completely useless vs the single-target focused bosses that are being added to this and future abysses.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

How far away is the Baal/Raiden banner? thinking about saving all my primos until then.

Next patch, so very soon.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I had a pretty productive 37 wishes on this banner in my quest to get C6 Ningguang.

Unfortunately I have no idea how close I was to pity because Mihoyo wiped all the wish history at some point since the last time I played.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They delete all wish history older than 6 months for some stupid reason. I have a google spreadsheet that I update every so often - I know there are websites you can upload data to as well but it feels sketchy.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah I started tracking wishes and copied over old wishes into a Google doc because I can't fathom not being able to go look at it

Stupid but hey, all games are spreadsheets in the end

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

The fact the feather is the worst piece by a lot is so peculiar to me. Also fwiw if you're planning on using the catch atk goblet will be better when using ER sands if you're not using bennett - right now your raiden will only have something like 50% atk and will have at least 80% dmg from A4 passive and catch passive. It's a great electro cup so it's still fine if that's your best but I have a lot of other electros who could use that thing!

Yeah, it's weird. I've done it tons of times already, yet haven't gotten anything better. Oh well, it's currently my favorite domain to run, so replacing it won't be a drag.

Luckily I have an ATK to replace the goblet, but in the mean time she can keep it warm for Yae Miko.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's for sure a fun domain, 40 to 50 seconds and all your ults are back at the end too. It's peculiar that superconduct is so poo poo yet cryo deletes electro shields.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

It's for sure a fun domain, 40 to 50 seconds and all your ults are back at the end too. It's peculiar that superconduct is so poo poo yet cryo deletes electro shields.

Just get an Eula and superconduct isn't so bad anymore

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Just get an Eula and superconduct isn't so bad anymore

I think you mean Razor

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

This game is kind of unclear in tone when it comes to violence. Like apparently people are being wounded/killed, but it's hard to imagine that Traveler is (most recent story chapter) gutting and dismembering a bunch of Shogunate forces (the same forces you talk to and do random side quests for).

"On screen" deaths aren't deaths, you're just beating the crap out of people and they are giving up. Think 1980s GI Joe cartoons. Same with the treasure hoarders etc. It's why when you kill them not in a frozen state they throw down smoke grenades. Killing humans in vidya games is against Chinese censorship laws, so they skirt around it. I honestly don't mind, since western gaming has made a not-always-aware self parody of the "visceralness" of fighting.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

In the Iwakura clan plot you really do seem to kill all of them. Otherwise for sure, we didn't kill milleliths and stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anybody else still feeling skeptical and over baal

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nah her animations are sick, definitely gonna get her

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

dogsicle posted:

anybody else still feeling skeptical and over baal
yes. So far I dislike her ability design. Her E is this giant attention-grabbing thing that pollutes your screen but doesn't do much. Her Q also has an obnoxious amount of VFX to just left click. I appreciate good animations but there's just so much electro farting everywhere and speed-up that she feels more like a honkai character dancing around. There are so many tools to build ER in this game that I don't see her build around potential as especially interesting at the moment either.

As a character she doesn't have a real personality and I never understood hype based on a character's formal position in the lore. Raiden is about as interesting to me as the unknown god at the moment.

In all likelihood I'm going to get memed into rolling for her because all the news about Kokomi is so discouraging but I'm more interested in the Xinyan I'm leveling.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 9, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Legit wish for a knockout system for artifacts sets. My 5 noblesse masks say hi.

edit: it doesn't even have to be a pure 100 percent knockout list, but drat 5 masks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

As much as I hate Electro reactions, I'm hyped for Raiden. She enables burst spam comps with frequent cycling, which are my favorite kind. We still don't really know how her whole kit will work, but at least a few things are certain: she gives the team energy, buffs their bursts, and gets buffed by her team using bursts. What's not to like? (Other than her element... I'm not giving up hope they'll buff it eventually)

Story-wise, I'm confident miHoYo will flesh out her character in a satisfying way. One of her idle animations is decidedly in conflict with her image as a merciless warlord.

What's interesting is that pairing her with Kokomi seems like it'll form a good core for any team, covering any energy and healing needs to slot whatever else you want.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Being really close to guaranteed 5* is kind of a prison. I wouldn't mind Ayaka/Yoimiya, and really want the 4 stars/constellations on the banner. but I sure as hell am not missing out on the Archon again on the first banner, especially since what I've heard of her leaks is especially my jam.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Reminder for pre-farm that Baal requires a billion Handguards, Sara needs a billion red flowers, and Aloy needs a billion Crystal Marrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radical posted:

nah her animations are sick, definitely gonna get her