Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
BMW thread: turn your straight 6 BMW m3 (46 E's) into a V8 BMW m3 (92 E's) simply by ejecting the conrods out the exhaust and then spending £30k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

KillHour posted:

Why the gently caress isn't my car on a ship yet, BMW? I'm going on my third week of sitting at port waiting for your lazy asses!

I passed by a Chevy dealer yesterday that had 3 C8s on the lot and I was this close to getting one instead.

What was your build week? I was assigned 28 but got done a little early in 27, ended up on a boat on the 28th I think? There were week 29 builds getting on boats ahead of me.

If I'm lucky I'll see my car right at the end of august, but with the way logistics are these days I am not holding my breath.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Build week was 29.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

KillHour posted:

Why the gently caress isn't my car on a ship yet, BMW? I'm going on my third week of sitting at port waiting for your lazy asses!

I passed by a Chevy dealer yesterday that had 3 C8s on the lot and I was this close to getting one instead.

There’s a decent chance it’s on a ship already. I’ve ordered 2 BMWs now and every time it leaves Germany it feels like it takes over a week to show up in the system after it leaves port. If you want to waste time there’s marine tracking apps that show ships leaving Bremerhaven and cross reference it with whoever BMW is using now to ship cars these days.

Not that I’ve ever done that myself.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kronix posted:

There’s a decent chance it’s on a ship already. I’ve ordered 2 BMWs now and every time it leaves Germany it feels like it takes over a week to show up in the system after it leaves port. If you want to waste time there’s marine tracking apps that show ships leaving Bremerhaven and cross reference it with whoever BMW is using now to ship cars these days.

Not that I’ve ever done that myself.

WAAAY ahead of you. Morning Carina left Friday and is due in NY on the 23rd.

It's really depressing when you think "maybe I'm on that one" and you were not.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

Just think, every day it's delayed is one less day you have to live your life seeing that terrible front.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Just think, every day it's delayed is one less day you have to live your life seeing that terrible front.

It's a lease so unless I die in the next 3 years, this is objectively untrue.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

It's a lease so unless I die in the next 3 years, this is objectively untrue.

Can you do a lease pull-ahead before a car gets delivered? :v:

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

KillHour posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only lunatic here. Just because I'm interested, how did you figure out you for sure weren't on that ship?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kronix posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only lunatic here. Just because I'm interested, how did you figure out you for sure weren't on that ship?

I didn't yet. This is the third ship I'm holding out irrational hope for. Other lunatics on bimmerpost will tell everyone what ship they're on once it's confirmed and if you're still at port when that happens, you literally missed the boat.

Edit: and the third is the charm I guess, because the website updated with in-transit this morning along with all the other bimmerpost psychos. So I guess I'm on the Morning Carina after all.

Double Edit: Just got off the phone with my broker to go over the final numbers. It's me - I'm the idiot paying 1200 real american dollars per month for a 3er lease.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 9, 2021

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Residency Evil posted:

The bad thing is, he's sitting inside the thing subjecting all of US to the terrible front!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

The bad thing is, he's sitting inside the thing subjecting all of US to the terrible front!

:hmmyes:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

Double Edit: Just got off the phone with my broker to go over the final numbers. It's me - I'm the idiot paying 1200 real american dollars per month for a 3er lease.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Hrm, so for only $1200/month, I can force everyone else to look at that grill?

Out of curiosity, how does $1200/month compare to BMWs usual lease deals?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Hrm, so for only $1200/month, I can force everyone else to look at that grill?

Out of curiosity, how does $1200/month compare to BMWs usual lease deals?

Terrible. There are basically no discounts to be had on the car, manufacturer incentives are terrible, residual for 12k miles is 56%. People are climbing over each other to get one and BMW is cashing in on the hype. I literally needed a broker just to get one at MSRP with base MF.

Here's the leasehacker calculator for my "deal":
https://leasehackr.com/calculator?m...mw_demo_25=true

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

Terrible. There are basically no discounts to be had on the car, manufacturer incentives are terrible, residual for 12k miles is 56%. People are climbing over each other to get one and BMW is cashing in on the hype. I literally needed a broker just to get one at MSRP with base MF.

I need to spend more time here, less time in BFC.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Caddy Blackwing looks like a good trade before the M2 hits 10k miles...

1200 dollars A MONTH! For a LEASE!? wtf.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crunchy Black posted:

Caddy Blackwing looks like a good trade before the M2 hits 10k miles...

1200 dollars A MONTH! For a LEASE!? wtf.

Welcome to //MTOWN, baby!

And that's with all taxes and fees paid upfront.

Edit: I just noticed the $700 in dealer fees are you loving kidding me

KillHour fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 9, 2021

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
no 7 MSD's anymore??

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

no 7 MSD's anymore??

I'm not letting BMW hang onto $8,400 cash to reduce my monthly payment by $28 are you kidding me?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I mean we are talking about post-modern USA so large asterisk but, who the gently caress can afford that!?

And anyone who could...is either working at home, not driving a lot, or isn't in the market for a BMW. Christ...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crunchy Black posted:

I mean we are talking about post-modern USA so large asterisk but, who the gently caress can afford that!?

And anyone who could...is either working at home, not driving a lot, or isn't in the market for a BMW. Christ...

I work from home and this is my third car. Yes, I know, the guillotines are already lined up for me. If it makes you feel better, I have to live in Buffalo to be able to afford any of it :shobon:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2021-bmw-540xi-77k-msrp-645-m-2400das/376161

Heh, just browsing for comparison.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Werid flex or cry for help it’s impossible to tell

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I'm buying a BMW in TYOOL 2021 it's definitely a cry for help.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-2021-bmw-m3-6mt-36-12k-832-mo-4k-das/364773

Ugh, some of these seem like pretty cheap deals. And I might be able to overlook the front for that color combo.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Bape Culture posted:

Yeah I live in extreme exburb Atlanta cause its close to the lake only and lol

KillHour posted:

I'm buying a BMW in TYOOL 2021 it's definitely a cry for help.
ah :hmmyes:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I can't stop you from going all BFC on me and making me suffer for my sins but I can at least make you all suffer with me by forcing you to look at my terrible spec. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
the lidar....................

I just saw it. gently caress.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crunchy Black posted:

the lidar....................

I just saw it. gently caress.

I paid $1700 to add that hideous wart to my grille. And BMW says it interferes with cooling on the track. :smuggo:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

I can't stop you from going all BFC on me and making me suffer for my sins but I can at least make you all suffer with me by forcing you to look at my terrible spec. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I've never leased a car, but honestly I'd be so tempted to spec something like that, just to tank the residual/walk away from it.

And hey, I bought 2 German cars last year, a 2020 and a 1997, although funny enough I think they've appreciated. :smug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is it time for a new BMW guy avatar with the dumb front?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

I've never leased a car, but honestly I'd be so tempted to spec something like that, just to tank the residual/walk away from it.

jokes on you theyll be going for new car money on bat in 30 years

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bape Culture posted:

por que no los dos

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

por que no los dos

Have an uplifting quote, courtesy of bimmerpost:

quote:

It would have been nice to know that my $90k investment wouldn't be showing up for 4 months when I ordered it.

I wonder if this dude bets on meme stocks too.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

KillHour posted:

I'm not letting BMW hang onto $8,400 cash to reduce my monthly payment by $28 are you kidding me?

oh yeah, meh.....it used to actually be valuable.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The broker says the $699 doc fees are typical for NJ and even he has to pay them :rolleye:

Great - NJ doc fees and NY taxes. My favorite.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I wish I could get a M3 for $1200 a month. In Canada that will get you a fully loaded M340i. A nicely equipped M3C would go for around $2200 a month.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I wish I could get a M3 for $1200 a month. In Canada that will get you a fully loaded M340i. A nicely equipped M3C would go for around $2200 a month.

:ohno:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

That's with all taxes and fees bundled into the monthly payment, no down payment and 15k miles a year, but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

KillHour posted:

Odd, I walked into a dealer and had a hassle free order with no markup. About an 81k build (purchased, not leased). Pre-traded in a 2 year old C7 GS w/10k miles on it for about $4000 more than I paid for it originally. So my monthly is under 1k.

Order was put in on June 12th, so I didn't even need to wait that long for the build.

Granted, I walked out of 2 dealers before finally finding one that wasn't a shithead. Dude has been with BMW for 17 years and had zero fucks to give about any pressure tactics or markups. The only dumb fee was some $200 etching that I had them remove.

It's honestly one of the most straight forward buying experiences I ever had.

Crunchy Black posted:

idk. Be 44 and single with no kids? Embracing the absurdity of being a techbro helps too I suppose.