Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

It's funny that all it took was Tommy End switching to a company that would use him well and let him do his own thing to take his Deep Lore Bullshit from lame to awesome

We'll see how we all feel in sixth months when Malakai Black vs. His Own Literal Shadow is headlining Revolution 2022 and there are only two other matches on the entire card because Malakai Black needs 80 minutes to read from the Book of Black to explain to everyone that the shape of the ringpost padding is intended to remind us of pre-Christianity Babylonian fertility symbols, which have been linked to satanism in some parts of Europe.

But yeah, right now it owns bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

brian posted:

gargano ciampa's whole thing very much started the loss of interest for me, which peaked (or cratered) precisely at the moment aleister black said 'i absolve you of your sins' and then I stopped watching takeovers bar the occasional kyle o reilly match

It's more or less the same for me. I thought the first Gargano vs. Ciampa match owned but everything after that was eeeeeh.

Takeovers in general got less and less interesting for me after that. I can't tell you which one the last one I saw was.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

It's funny that all it took was Tommy End switching to a company that would use him well and let him do his own thing to take his Deep Lore Bullshit from lame to awesome

It's almost like letting the exceptionally talented scary satanist kickboxer just do his thing instead of dragging him down with dumb bullshit makes everything else he does a lot cooler by association :thunk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/_MarkPickering/status/1424676176526823427?s=19

WWF ice cream bars are for kids, I want a NOAH ice cream crepe

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I like the look of this Kaito Kiyomiya crepe, but they used too much raspberry sauce on it. Way too much. It's everywhere!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

I still think the lore poo poo sucks tbh but if the on-screen result of it in a non-HHH/Vince company is "cool entrances", "killing scrub Cody", and "bringing in cool friends who also got fired", the pros outweigh the cons for now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Wait, if the Nasty Boys hazed Ken Shamrock then how are they still alive?

Well the first time it was because Sags ambushed Shamrock and nearly killed him and every other time they met when Ken got hot (once because Owen Hart was trying to wind him up, because Owen could honestly be kind of a dick) others separated them. Also Sags seemed to be at least vaguely embarrassed about it and never brought it up on his own and Knobs was black out drunk during the thing so didn't remember.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Look, I just want Kenny and Matt Silva throwing V Triggers at each other like Ishii and Shibata throwing elbows

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Look, I just want Kenny and Matt Silva throwing V Triggers at each other like Ishii and Shibata throwing elbows

they v trigger each other at the same time but they just bump knees and then roll around on the ground for 2 minutes going ow my knee ow

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

they v trigger each other at the same time but they just bump knees and then roll around on the ground for 2 minutes going ow my knee ow

Hell yeah, that sounds awesome.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

The ol' performance center training routine

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It’s funny to compare the two because they both crib a lot from physical prime KENTA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The House of Black lore is as good as the ADR, acting and dialogue is bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

not a lot of Randy Savage fans itt.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Macho Lad Dandy Savage

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

The Macho Lad Dandy Savage

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1424415343397654529

Gargano/Ciampa was the breaking point for me too. I didn't care for the matches (which everyone else raved about) and the feud went on way too long for my tastes

e: If it was possible for a match to have too much psychology it was that series.

I hadn't watched much WWE in four or five years. I got one of those super-cheap Network subscriptions and my brother recommended the Gargano/Ciampa feud, since a big TakeOver match between them was about to happen. I watched a handful of tag and singles matches with them. Then the TakeOver match happened and it felt like the exact same match as the previous match (not even a combination of several other matches) and I checked out on both of them, and the company as a whole.
I still think they should have given one of them the first CWC. Remember watching that and just thinking "Gosh, I sure hope this guy doesn't win" at TJP over and over, even before I knew his politics.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TJP sets off all my skeez alarms.

if he showed up at my house with free food, I'd see him off the lawn at baseball bat point.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The Lore is cool when its cool stuff happening on screen and its Lame when its the guy talking on twitch about his fantasy booking of himself while he was chilling in a room

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TJP is a poo poo person but I admittedly liked his Mega Man knockoff music in WWE

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fuego seemed to have a good time on his first twitch stream last night

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sigma posted:

It’s funny to compare the two because they both crib a lot from physical prime KENTA

it's kind of nuts just how many people borrow from KENTA's moveset

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I love TJP existing, because he is the clearest possible example of that abstract thing in wrestling where someone can be exceptionally talented and do all kinds of cool poo poo and you can point at them and go "this dude sucks" and anyone who watches him for five minutes will totally get it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

graph posted:

Hope he gets a twitch ban, you can't show dead bodies on Twitch.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I think it says something that during a time when WWE was locking down everyone's contracts, they still fired TJP.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/HoodFoot418/status/1424514100856598530

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman Reigns posted:

I think it says something that during a time when WWE was locking down everyone's contracts, they still fired TJP.

And Austin Aries.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH2/status/1424752379140902912

holy poo poo look at these fuckin beauties

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:worship:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah okay, but I was at the events which ended up getting them blackballed from pretty much the entire UK and it's not like that was the first instance of them being homophobic as poo poo

I guess hence not giving them the time of day

Back in the early ROH days they didn’t stand out. You had Steve Corino talking about how the Christopher Street Connection had no place on ROH, for example. I’m not even gonna say we didn’t know better, because we did.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Luckily Pround n Powerful do everything the Briscoes did but better, and aren't racist/homophobic

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
why is black john cena in my trending column

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

graph posted:

https://twitter.com/iamcobbina/status/1424422791290437640?s=20

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

graph posted:

You can't just say this and not link his channel

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

i dunno but it's a great username

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

inthesto posted:

You can't just say this and not link his channel

https://www.twitch.tv/fuegodelsol/

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Until he got the anime hair and beard Darren Young looked so much like Cena in blackface it was shocking

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 10, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
John Cena and his Black Son, Darren Young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/1424879793523281925