Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

chupacabraTERROR posted:

AC Valhalla is like fast food. You know that what you’re getting isn’t the highest quality version of it, but you still enjoy it because it scratches that itch. Other games do parts better (God of War is a better Viking game, Ghost of Tsushima has more satisfying combat and stealth, there are other “better” open world games, etc.), but no other game has the combination of things that make AC a unique experience. I wish it were better in a lot of ways, but I really enjoy it nonetheless.

It takes a lot of sexual harassment to reach that specific level of open world mediocrity, but thankfully Ubisoft has mastered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

chupacabraTERROR posted:

AC Valhalla is like fast food.

you will have really bad and stinking shits when you play it

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

chupacabraTERROR posted:

AC Valhalla is like fast food. You know that what you’re getting isn’t the highest quality version of it, but you still enjoy it because it scratches that itch. Other games do parts better (God of War is a better Viking game, Ghost of Tsushima has more satisfying combat and stealth, there are other “better” open world games, etc.), but no other game has the combination of things that make AC a unique experience. I wish it were better in a lot of ways, but I really enjoy it nonetheless.

That metaphor might hold for Origins and Odyssey but Valhalla is so much worse than those that it's more like a burger in can. Whose condiments cost extra.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Deus Ex Human Revolution made a lot of hay out of that Rembrandt painting about a renaissance autopsy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Valhalla kicks rear end compared to Odyssey imo. Although I'm heavily weighted by the fact that I've only played Valhalla at 60fps vs all other AC's @ 30.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The next rear end creed is a destiny clone or an mmo or something

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

sounds like the worst game ever made lmao

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Real hurthling! posted:

That's not what that report said. I'm sure it'll have a loot dynamic but so has every AC since Unity. It's just a live service platform instead of a retail platform (so far)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Assassin's Creed: Historical Avengers: Call of Duty: Howling Commandos

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I just wish they'd make an AC that's not boring. It's been 12 years since the last non-boring one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

who the gently caress cares what the next asscreed game is.

don't buy games from the 'we loving love to reward sex abusers' companies.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Hi, it's me. The one who has 100% completed every assassin's creed game and enjoyed it the whole way. I will likely continue to do so until the game's heat death.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteHeartlessAntelopeVoteNay-iDgS5ef2A2u4Htp0

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

who the gently caress cares what the next asscreed game is.

don't buy games from the 'we loving love to reward sex abusers' companies.

confirmed or probable sex abusers?

cos the latter might rule out a lot.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trying to track down a Series X in Japan is proving difficult - there’s been one restock on Amazon in the last few weeks, and I missed it by a couple minutes (along with a Series X plus Elite II bundle for MSRP). Microsoft’s official site hasn’t restocked, other electronics chains are also out, and Amazon has one available…for $800/89,000 :negative:

Just have to be patient I guess.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Laserface posted:

I don't really get art but I saw this thing in person and was left pretty speechless https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Watch

The sheer size and detail was incredible.

calling in a chopper gunner though? pretty good

Imagine how much better it would look with ray-tracing :perfect:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

real poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

harperdc posted:

Trying to track down a Series X in Japan is proving difficult - there’s been one restock on Amazon in the last few weeks, and I missed it by a couple minutes (along with a Series X plus Elite II bundle for MSRP). Microsoft’s official site hasn’t restocked, other electronics chains are also out, and Amazon has one available…for $800/89,000 :negative:

Just have to be patient I guess.

I had to buy mine in the first wave because I knew there would basically never be another

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I ordered mine on Thursday morning and I thought I was being tricked when I was able to proceed through the checkout process lol

I had been trying to get a PS5 since January so I was used to the console buying process being a pain in the rear end. Although I'd only been looking for a PS5 for a while, and those are still hard as gently caress to get hands on. I only recently started hunting for a Series X. Now that I've got one, I'm done looking for a PS5 for the foreseeable future.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
All downloaded and ready for Hades.

Cons: I already have a Steam/Switch save with 170 escape attempts

Pros: 4K HDR

gently caress it let's go

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey guys I'm here because someone said the PS5 thread was done so...

How's Halo Infinite shaping up?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

multiplayer looks pretty good and it's gonna be free to play so should have a good player base
jury's still out on the singleplayer, they haven't shown anything since the disaster last year

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I've been having an absolute blast with Dodgeball Academia on Game Pass. Just an incredibly polished combination of Super Dodgeball battle gameplay and RPG story elements similar to the old Mario Sports games.

It feels like if Golf Story actually had a decent budget/team and wasn't jank around the edges.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1423852782138781698

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

American McGay posted:

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I've been having an absolute blast with Dodgeball Academia on Game Pass. Just an incredibly polished combination of Super Dodgeball battle gameplay and RPG story elements similar to the old Mario Sports games.

It feels like if Golf Story actually had a decent budget/team and wasn't jank around the edges.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1423852782138781698

I’m only like, 70 percent on board with the early 2010s Cartoon Network look, but the structure of the game looks dope. Definitely going to check out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it looks exactly like that gumball show from way back, is it the same artists?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Forza 5 map revealed

https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1424784335845068802?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im the car map thats 15% water

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

your body is 60% water dumb afss

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Real hurthling! posted:

Im the car map thats 15% water

Just zoom in then I guess

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

Just zoom in then I guess

If you aren't launching cars off objects into bodies of water, Are you even playing Horizon?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Boats confirmed in Forza Horizon 5

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm guessing... Mexico?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Kirios posted:

I'm guessing... Mexico?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1425172705137987585

Also confirmed today as coming to Game Pass at some point: Aragami 2, Evil Genius 2, Pupparazzi and Stardew Valley.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

The Kins posted:

Stardew Valley.

can you mod the xbox version

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

The Kins posted:

Also confirmed today as coming to Game Pass at some point: Aragami 2, Evil Genius 2, Pupparazzi and Stardew Valley.

Aragami 2 was already announced for Game Pass, actually.

really underwhelming showcase for XGP, given that the last ID@Xbox had a ton of cool indies announced for Game Pass. oh well, still plenty coming in the near future

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kins posted:

well i avoided buying stardew valley because i know once i have that game it's going to be all i play for like a year but i guess i'm just hosed now

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Which of the DIrt games is the best one?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

1glitch0 posted:

dirt 1 and the two dirt rally games are fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

1glitch0 posted:

Of the two actively available right now, Dirt 5 is probably the better one to play of the mainline ones since Dirt 4 was this weird attempt to fold Rally into the mainline series and fumbled it massively. The Rally games are both excellent. If you can find physical copies of the other 3 Dirt games they're all fun in different ways.

Just don't play Showdown.