Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Especially in rhythm games, the movement and barriers are there to encourage the dance. Unless the mapping is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I like to turn crank and make happy puzzle sound :)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Speaking of the quest getting worse, did v31 fix the WiFi issues for anyone? I moved to v31 last night and it’s still stuttering for me over VD and over Link

Fixed every issue I was having, although my only problem was initial disconnects.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Nuts and Gum posted:

moving around is awesome in VR, i just hate dodging random things in rhythm games, feels like filler added because the devs didn't think it was already engaging enough.

Agreed.

If the mapping in whatever it is makes sense, its fine. Generally though, Beat saber for example, walls and squats can suck my taint.

But in something like Synth riders, it made more sense.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Cool, I just got a shipping notice for my Deca Move unit; so if anyone else is waiting it's probably close for you too. Anxious to try it out when it arrives.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
All I know is that if a custom song in a rhythm game contains the words "up", "left", "down" or "right" you'd better make my body move in those directions :colbert:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm imagining the most annoying map ever with Van Halen's Right Now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OK, what is the new Wifi 6 router that everyone is using for Q2 wireless? I guess my Archer took a crap, because its completely unusable now, whereas my home wifi is pretty OK comparatively, even with a house full of devices on it.

I guess I just need to get a new router every 6 months lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I never thought I'd see first hand Hatsune Miku in a swimsuit dancing next to Big Boss. Thanks vr chat

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

The Eyes Have It posted:

Cool, I just got a shipping notice for my Deca Move unit; so if anyone else is waiting it's probably close for you too. Anxious to try it out when it arrives.

Let us know what you do with it. I've had mine sitting on my desk for a few weeks and still havent bothered with it. I have zero idea why I even ordered it but here we are.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The Don't Stop Me Now custom map for Synth Riders is really fun and the barrier dodging really adds a lot to making me feel like a supersonic man

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I finally got my Quest 2 link working (my laptop has an onboard AMD card on the CPU and a nvidia card which makes Quest Link poo poo the bed) and celebrated by playing Propagation VR over airlink

Well, for about 5 minutes. It's scary as all gently caress and I had to stop :(

Airlink worked great though

Alctel fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 10, 2021

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Has anyone else tried the 2.0 beta branch of into the radius? It seems a lot harder than the original game. I guess they are going more tense with game, but I like the first area in 1.0. Also, I really hate spawners in games, and now that's the main object in each area.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
2.0 is still in early stages of its development so I'm sure a lot of things are still yet to be tweaked and fine tuned, especially where balance is concerned. I haven't gone back to try 2.0 yet, I'm waiting for it to be a little more complete.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Can confirm that for me v31 fixed wifi, had several sessions of skyrim VR and walkabout golf with mates and it's been fine, whereas it was pretty much unusable before.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

OK, what is the new Wifi 6 router that everyone is using for Q2 wireless? I guess my Archer took a crap, because its completely unusable now, whereas my home wifi is pretty OK comparatively, even with a house full of devices on it.

I guess I just need to get a new router every 6 months lol

Is this the one? My current one isn't wifi 6, so I want to make sure

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H8ZLKKK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_JEE84DC4DSSWYCHBNNKA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

All I know is that if a custom song in a rhythm game contains the words "up", "left", "down" or "right" you'd better make my body move in those directions :colbert:

Counterpoint: the custom map of Tubthumping that has a squat for every "I get knocked down but I get up again" can absolutely gently caress off.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
If you hate doing squats that much, you need to do them :smug:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I have quest firmware v31 now, it must have updated while I was at work… and I still don’t have a 120hz option from the desktop oculus app.

I know I can drive it, it’s just incredibly frustrating to have to wait for some magical rollout flip to be switched on some server somewhere.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

forest spirit posted:

I have quest firmware v31 now, it must have updated while I was at work… and I still don’t have a 120hz option from the desktop oculus app.

I know I can drive it, it’s just incredibly frustrating to have to wait for some magical rollout flip to be switched on some server somewhere.

Same problem here buddy :smith::hf::smith:

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Happyimp posted:

Has anyone else tried the 2.0 beta branch of into the radius? It seems a lot harder than the original game. I guess they are going more tense with game, but I like the first area in 1.0. Also, I really hate spawners in games, and now that's the main object in each area.

Spawners?

Welp, That goes live I wont be playing anymore.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1AYkT_50e4
New content update for Gravity Lab, which well, as it says, it will have time travel as gameplay element.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I just dug all my VR stuff out again after a move and I'm getting the error 436 thing where SteamVR claims the GPU can't connect to the headset. If I do the "disable direct mode, enable direct mode" dance it connects up and works almost right, but there is a stutter approximately once a second that corresponds with one or two pink "Display Error" lines appearing on the performance graph.

This is consistent across all VR operation, from the basic SteamVR void through Home and Beat Saber. Input seems to be reading reasonably despite the graphical skipping, I played through $100 Bills without any trouble.

I recall seeing discussing of similar issues as nVidia driver related a while back, but I'm on the latest drivers right now. Everything worked as normal back in February when I last played Alyx.

I'm using a Vive on a PC with a Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB of RAM, and a 3070 running Win10 Pro 21H1 off of a NVMe SSD so there should be no bottlenecks.

Any thoughts?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
In the developer tools try removing all usb devices, unplugging and rebooting the pc. That usually gets my poo poo working when it’s being crabby.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Update, expansion? for the SW game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP7X2aGUVZY

A custom level for Alyx with voiceovers and everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaztwyAu-bo

More time trials in Yupitergrad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sjq_83SaT0

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I managed to get Vivecraft working with a friend's custom server, and hot drat was it good, dungeon crawling takes on a terrifying new dimension in VR. If your GPU can handle a shader mod or two then it's just incredibly beautiful.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Happyimp posted:

Spawners? Not sure I like the sound of that. The game looks cool and I got it in the summer sale but I'm kind of hesitant to start because I know 2.0 is coming out.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Spawners? Not sure I like the sound of that. The game looks cool and I got it in the summer sale but I'm kind of hesitant to start because I know 2.0 is coming out.

The 1.0 is pretty damned solid for what it is. I'll have to get this 2.0 a whirl, but it seems aimed at hobbling the particular exploits loops one could do to get the best guns right away with low effort and steamroll easier through towards the endgame. Also to attempt to give more of a reason to push forward into buildings, I guess.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
As they described it, the spawners are rare rifts that show up (I think once per map zone?) as high value targets, generally in buildings, and destroying them nets you a mission reward and high value artifact.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

DelphiAegis posted:

The 1.0 is pretty damned solid for what it is. I'll have to get this 2.0 a whirl, but it seems aimed at hobbling the particular exploits loops one could do to get the best guns right away with low effort and steamroll easier through towards the endgame. Also to attempt to give more of a reason to push forward into buildings, I guess.

As a casual dumb dumb with this game (because i very much am that person with this game) that sounds "Great" for a sales perspective, honestly.

But like, part of why I played it was knowing "poo poo reset" when i left and came back, and if it was dead, it was probably dead unless it was an 'Event" or something special ya know?

Its cool, But I feel like its kinda changing what the game is? Might be fun. We'll see. I'm hopeful.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

EbolaIvory posted:

But like, part of why I played it was knowing "poo poo reset" when i left and came back, and if it was dead, it was probably dead unless it was an 'Event" or something special ya know?
Enemies would respawn the same as items every time you left and returned, so I'm not sure what you mean.
poo poo still resets, but it's triggered with every Tide, which is a periodic event, instead of every time you leave the zone. So you can clear part of an area, head home, and come back and it'll still be cleared, but you can still get fresh resources and re-loot old areas too.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Personally the 1.0 turned me off when I finished the game and wasn't able to gently caress about with all my hard-earned poo poo, it simply overwrote my 40+ hour save with an ironman save without prompting me.

I tried to play a little bit afterwards as a lark since nothing in the game by that point scared me anymore, but it felt really hollow.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Vib Rib posted:

Enemies would respawn the same as items every time you left and returned, so I'm not sure what you mean.
poo poo still resets, but it's triggered with every Tide, which is a periodic event, instead of every time you leave the zone. So you can clear part of an area, head home, and come back and it'll still be cleared, but you can still get fresh resources and re-loot old areas too.

Right but once an area is clear "that go" its clear until you "reset". It wont just spawn over and over.

Once an area is clear its safe.

idk, spawners are a mixed feeling for me.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

EbolaIvory posted:

Right but once an area is clear "that go" its clear until you "reset". It wont just spawn over and over.

Once an area is clear its safe.
That's still the same, though, is my point. In fact it's safe for even longer, because the Tide happens less often than most outings probably do, and that's the only thing that resets it.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Vib Rib posted:

That's still the same, though, is my point. In fact it's safe for even longer, because the Tide happens less often than most outings probably do, and that's the only thing that resets it.

I feel like spawners are changing the dynamic of areas. We'll see how it plays out but I don't we're on the same page here.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

EbolaIvory posted:

I feel like spawners are changing the dynamic of areas. We'll see how it plays out but I don't we're on the same page here.
You said a few times that it used to be "when you clear the area, it's clear", and that's still true. You just need to destroy the spawner, too.
I have no idea how common they are, or how hard to destroy, though.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Continuing with my liking of 'Bar' games like Black Hole Pool, I found today a Darts game. Have anyone tried it? There isn't a demo and it's more expensive than the pool game, and I kinda trust it less as throwing in VR is very hard to execute well. They say it tries to be a realistic simulation and have the real rules for three games.

Btw there is a free air hockey game but without being able to put the hand on a physical table, it doesn't feel good, even if the physics seem correct.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Surprise!
https://medium.com/ready-at-dawn/ready-at-dawn-lone-echo-ii-development-update-august-2021-a85cda17ccaa

poo poo it isn't a good surprise :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Turin Turambar posted:

Continuing with my liking of 'Bar' games like Black Hole Pool, I found today a Darts game. Have anyone tried it? There isn't a demo and it's more expensive than the pool game, and I kinda trust it less as throwing in VR is very hard to execute well. They say it tries to be a realistic simulation and have the real rules for three games.

Btw there is a free air hockey game but without being able to put the hand on a physical table, it doesn't feel good, even if the physics seem correct.

How does it feel if you sit at a table, then? I imagine any sufficiently large surface should do.

Where do you go to search for App Lab stuff anyway? There doesn't seem to be any way to actually do it through the oculus store, which is just... brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

raditts posted:

How does it feel if you sit at a table, then? I imagine any sufficiently large surface should do.

Where do you go to search for App Lab stuff anyway? There doesn't seem to be any way to actually do it through the oculus store, which is just... brilliant.

Well, ideally you have to put the flattest part of the controller in a table, that would be the top ring of the Quest, so the virtual hand would appear upside down.

For AppLab there are few websites, but imo the best of the bunch is https://vrsort.com/ It's fast, you can see a bunch of entries in one screen, it has good amount of filters and sort options.