Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i want to get off i feel queasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

American Dad posted:

At this point billions of doses have been administered worldwide. That's pretty thoroughly tested by now I reckon!

Yes but you see you can't be sure that in ten years time it won't cause you to have chronic psoriasis because it hasn't been properly tested.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
At this point I’d be OK with the vaccine causing me to fart uncontrollably for the rest of my life if it means getting the pandemic under control

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So apparently Mum overheard on the radio about this enquiry that when Dr Chant was asked "If we reach the 50% vaccinated target by the end of August, is the advice that restrictions will lift?", replied with "I have provided no such advice"

Gladys taking lessons from Scotty from Marketing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
jeez I just heard that the holland park mum who's baby died when they got swooped by magpies died from being crushed by her mum falling on her. I feel so fuckin sorry for the poor woman. Imagine having to live with that.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Daughter just left work because she's feeling unwell. She had chills last night and I told her to stay home today.

At least she lives close to the hospital if it gets worse.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

jeez I just heard that the holland park mum who's baby died when they got swooped by magpies died from being crushed by her mum falling on her. I feel so fuckin sorry for the poor woman. Imagine having to live with that.

It’s the kind of freak set of circumstances that could happen to anyone.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

A testy parliamentary hearing has shed light on the NSW government’s scramble to contain Sydney’s escalating coronavirus outbreak.

After the spread of the Delta strain of coronavirus was first discovered on June 16, NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant waited nine days before advising the government to lock down Sydney, she revealed on Tuesday.

The state’s top health official and Health Minister Brad Hazzard were grilled on Tuesday afternoon by MPs in the NSW parliament’s upper house.

Mr Hazzard said a superspreader birthday party in western Sydney was the single event that put the city on a path to locking down.

Dr Chant said she advised the government to lock down parts of the city and the eastern suburbs on June 25, advice that the government followed the same day.

The following day, the entire city was locked down.

Mr Hazzard frequently jumped in to reply to questions that were directed at Dr Chant, and at times the exchange got heated as crossbench and opposition MPs tried to get answers from the chief health officer.

“I’m the minister, and I’ll answer,” Mr Hazzard said at one point.

At another point in the hearing, Mr Hazzard appeared to get annoyed at Labor MP Courtney Houssos for interrupting him.

“Let me finish my answers or I’m not going to bother,” he said.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d85abf4af39ce72

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
decided to spend some time outside cleaning and refilling the bird baths. I saw my friendly magpies gathering materials to make their nest for the season today and thankfully they don't go full swoopi boiz when they're breeding.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"After the spread of the Delta strain of coronavirus was first discovered on June 16, NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant waited nine days before advising the government to lock down Sydney, she revealed on Tuesday."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lolie posted:

Daughter just left work because she's feeling unwell. She had chills last night and I told her to stay home today.

At least she lives close to the hospital if it gets worse.

Ugh, I hope she's alright.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Hazzard REALLY doesn't want Chant answering questions.

https://www.skynews.com.au/australi...00f3348ea6b97ab

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
"Nothing to hide!" I scream as I put my chief health official in a headlock and attempt to drag her out the door.

EDIT: I'd like to hear more about that nine day delay. Did Hazzard have Dr Chant locked in a closet with furniture blocking it?

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 10, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

This is why you pay your swoopy boi taxes.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ugh, I hope she's alright.

Thanks. She's on the train now. My grandson (16) is home so at least she won't be alone and there'll be someone there if she becomes more ill. It sounds a lot like the generalised stuff many people experienced.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stay safe Goon Daughter

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EDIT: I'd like to hear more about that nine day delay. Did Hazzard have Dr Chant locked in a closet with furniture blocking it?

Can I just say that our contact tracers are some of the best in the world, and that's why you need to understand that delta is different.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
what the gently caress does walking on the beach becoming voodoo mean

Lolie posted:

https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/1326829336083660801?s=20

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
http://imgur.com/a/UWfQwwc

My pal.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 10, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SuddenCactus posted:

I can only assume it's an insane malapropism for verboten aka forbidden

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

Lolie posted:

They both come across as people who have never been made accountable for anything, and are fumbling around at the last minute for responses that don't answer the question at all. Dr Chant at least seems to maybe have it dawning on her that just keeping her "bosses" happy is not the entirety of her job.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-oDmFKDyxU

this is sick everyone is saying 'too late, not enough, we are all hosed now thanks gladys'

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Strong Convections posted:

They both come across as people who have never been made accountable for anything, and are fumbling around at the last minute for responses that don't answer the question at all. Dr Chant at least seems to maybe have it dawning on her that just keeping her "bosses" happy is not the entirety of her job.

Chant's worked under both Labor and Coalition governments. She's not used to playing politics or being in the spotlight. Hazzard wanting to talk over her and speak for her suggests he wants to spin the answers to reflect well on him (keep in mind Hazzard is from the "we have to learn to live with covid" camp).

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

Lolie posted:

Chant's worked under both Labor and Coalition governments. She's not used to playing politics or being in the spotlight. Hazzard wanting to talk over her and speak for her suggests he wants to spin the answers to reflect well on him (keep in mind Hazzard is from the "we have to learn to live with covid" camp).

What I mean is, that Dr Chant comes across as awkwardly trying to explain to someone else when she's spent a long time just only ever making her "boss" happy, and hasn't worried much beyond that accountability.
Hazzard comes across as someone who doesn't really feel like there will be any consequences, he's keeping the people he needs to keep happy, happy, so please can we get this over with (so he can have a big lunch).

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Hes a complete fuckwit. the tough love thing doesnt work when the majority of people you desperately need to communicate this to barely speak loving english.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

decided to spend some time outside cleaning and refilling the bird baths. I saw my friendly magpies gathering materials to make their nest for the season today and thankfully they don't go full swoopi boiz when they're breeding.

You can help your bird friends along if you have anyone with medium to long hair in your household, just pull all the loose hairs out of your brushes and instead of throwing them in the bin, tuck them into a branch or gap in a fence near where your bird friends hang out. They'll make good nesting materials!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Wizard Master posted:

Tones and I has weighed in (;))

Can we please not post this , or atleast spoiler tag brainwormed Covid poo poo?

Would really appreciate it

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

bee posted:

You can help your bird friends along if you have anyone with medium to long hair in your household, just pull all the loose hairs out of your brushes and instead of throwing them in the bin, tuck them into a branch or gap in a fence near where your bird friends hang out. They'll make good nesting materials!

Should grab all of the hair the cat is shedding atm and put that out in the yard. That particular pair of magpies use the cat as a training excercise for the fledglings each year cause while she does attempt to go for them shes far to slow to nab them.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jestery posted:

Can we please not post this , or atleast spoiler tag brainwormed Covid poo poo?

Would really appreciate it

just add wizard master to ignore since they dont actually contribute anything of value.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think there's scientific value in a perfect 1:1 emulation of Facebook.com posting.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Strong Convections posted:

Hazzard comes across as someone who doesn't really feel like there will be any consequences

He's right, there won't be for him, personally, which is where he stops giving a gently caress

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

well why not posted:

I think there's scientific value in a perfect 1:1 emulation of Facebook.com posting.

I don't disagree

Just drat ,this poo poo is oppressive

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Sounds like your bench press is down around 50kg to me.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

SuddenCactus posted:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can only assume it's an insane malapropism for verboten aka forbidden

I'm gonna guess "taboo"

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

Tones and I has weighed in (;))

Seems about on par with her songwriting abilities tbh

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I had to google what it was but seems like a pretty awesome material. I should find out if it vacuum forms ok cause polystyrene sheet does but becomes more brittle if you have an object that is deep and this walled.

I love it. Apparently it will form relatively well but at the moment I'm only using it in a press with some foam

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Bill Posters posted:

I'm gonna guess "taboo"

Oh right yeah that makes more sense actually

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

haha I didnt realise those two wizard master jpgs were from Tones and I

shes loving awful get in the loving bin you turd.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Laserface posted:

just add wizard master to ignore since they dont actually contribute anything of value.

Those who run with the wolves don’t concern themselves with the opinions of the sheep

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

Those who run with the wolves don’t concern themselves with the opinions of the sheep

grandfather it is time for wheel of fortune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
IK: Permission to goatse banalitybot. Its making my birds cringe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!