Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

naem posted:

crabs know they’re delicious

they know
Well of course. They eat each other after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

And not even a call to help by expanding the list, smh

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Scarodactyl posted:

Well of course. They eat each other after all.

I’m up to about 30 or so myself this season. Only got 3 more weekends to catch em all yum yum.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/IdiotsFightingT/status/1422843159667564549

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Vuo14BX.gifv

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Get it crab!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm clicking but it doesn't do anything :sweatdrop:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

I kicked this quiz's rear end

https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1424407192837541888?s=19

I welcome the shrungus

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Arm to snop transplant.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 9, 2021

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
my hands look like this, so her claws can look like that

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

a hoard of fanatic zealots chanting & howling in unison

SHRUNGUS!
SHRUNGUS!
SHRUNGUS!
SHRUNGUS!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/VoicesByZane/status/1424819290772058118

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rejoice!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Crab-Two?? :aaaaa:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Son of Crab

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It's crab all the way down

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ror posted:

I was ecstatic for about 3 seconds when I thought it was a video of a crab eating some gabagool.

Even past ignoring the food it was climbing over, I was ok with it, cause I thought it had escaped the pot and would fall off the table into the Oceon or something. Like, the table was on a dockside restaurant or something.
I’m just going to pretend that was just a crab jacuzzi it walked into. Those were not boiling bubbles, they were bubbles created by water jets.

Cartoon Man posted:

Arm to snop transplant.

dog nougat posted:

Did this adorable lil shrimp painting in gouache today as a refresher for myself before working on a larger piece

Bored fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 10, 2021

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tell me something I dont know.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Crabs Two, the Sequel to Crabs.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1425095913802977281?s=19

They are adapting. Evolving. The new masters of this planet.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Historieta crab.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*sighs and adds "pervert crabs" to the list of things mankind has wrought upon Nature*

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
https://twitter.com/artist_dali/status/1425292872597786625
:crab::phoneline::phone:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

U used to claw me on my shell phone~~

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/rxoxnHm.mp4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

love me a big snopper

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

:3:

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

:yeeclaw:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im glad he let it go

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Yeah, big bugs aren't good eating. They are way more useful left alive to keep breeding once they get that big. Also depending on where he is, that ones is too big to legally keep. For example in LCMA 1 in Massachusetts, they have a max carapace size of 5" from the back of the eye to the end of the carapace. Usually when I've seen a big one like that kept and served, they carefully cracked the claw so it could be preserved and made lobster salad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ironhead posted:

Yeah, big bugs aren't good eating. They are way more useful left alive to keep breeding once they get that big. Also depending on where he is, that ones is too big to legally keep. For example in LCMA 1 in Massachusetts, they have a max carapace size of 5" from the back of the eye to the end of the carapace. Usually when I've seen a big one like that kept and served, they carefully cracked the claw so it could be preserved and made lobster salad.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bug is an imprecise term to refer to small terrestrial arthropods. If pillbugs can be bugs, so can land crabs, imo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Ironhead posted:

That's pretty good management.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Fishing laws are pretty intense. If you catch a lobster bearing eggs, you actually cut a "v" notch into the tail to mark it as a fertile female before throwing it back. That way if someone else catches it between clutches, they know that it can potentially bear eggs. If you get caught with a V notch lobster, or a shortie, or an oversize, the fines go like, $150, $500, $1000, 60 days in jail. Per lobster. It's been a decade since I had my license so I'm going off memory here.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The laws for actual fish are a bit worse. They tend to specify a minimum size and so now we've natural selectioned entire species to never exceed the minimum legal size

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

The laws for actual fish are a bit worse. They tend to specify a minimum size and so now we've natural selectioned entire species to never exceed the minimum legal size

Some fish have a "slot" size. Redfish in Florida comes to mind. You can only keep fish in between juvenile and full adult size. So like 12 inches to 18 or something similar. May be 24 I dunno i never plan on going back to florida.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I want to fish for weird released aquarium fish and eat iguanas and maybe see a feral coconut crab but I also kind of want to never go to florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We are a flawed species, but at least in some pursuits we can still practice chivalry.