Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gunn really used the R rating to the fullest, I bet he loved putting as much blood, gore, swearing, tits and dicks as he did in a superhero movie. Hopefully Disney will let him do the third Deadpool movie and let him go nuts.

They said Bloodsport can make a weapon out of anything, and i took that to mean that he could use any object as a weapon, but he seemed to just create weapons out of random objects as if he has some kind of matter control.

The thing that made me hate Pete Davidson is a woman said "I was wondering why women kept making bad choices involving Pete Davidson, and then I found out he's 6'2" and all women have done stupid things for 6'2"" and that just struck me as a big gently caress you to any guy who's shorter, that it suggested that all his success is because he's tall. I guess that's not really his fault, but as I said, it just made me feel like he's a hack that has cruised to fame due to his appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm 6'4 and I have not dated Ariana Grande

Yet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

They said Bloodsport can make a weapon out of anything, and i took that to mean that he could use any object as a weapon, but he seemed to just create weapons out of random objects as if he has some kind of matter control.

It was his armor plates. I’m not sure how whole thing worked but he basically went through them all. It’s why near the end he starts grabbing his chest and arms, trying to see if he has anything left on him.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm here to apologize on behalf of all women everywhere for the unearned and invidious success of 6"2 men, which as you've ascertained was in fact a big "gently caress you" to everyone else. Please report to the nearest women's auxiliary office to pick up your free coupon for 15% off at Coldstone Creamery and "short king" beanie, we'll put a little footstool at the counter so you can ring the bell and Kathy will get you all set up.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

If it helps, I'm 6'4" and have still accomplished next to nothing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

5'9" bros rise up

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I'm 6'4 and I have not dated Ariana Grande

Yet

Are you covered in awful tats? Being a beanpole only scores you celebrity ladies if you're also covered in just garbage tattoos and look like you smell like Jesse Camp.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

The thing that made me hate Pete Davidson is a woman said "I was wondering why women kept making bad choices involving Pete Davidson, and then I found out he's 6'2" and all women have done stupid things for 6'2"" and that just struck me as a big gently caress you to any guy who's shorter, that it suggested that all his success is because he's tall. I guess that's not really his fault, but as I said, it just made me feel like he's a hack that has cruised to fame due to his appearance.

Do you pick fights with people taller than yourself at the slightest provocation

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It was his armor plates. I’m not sure how whole thing worked but he basically went through them all. It’s why near the end he starts grabbing his chest and arms, trying to see if he has anything left on him.

Yea that was a bit confusing, I guess you can assume he has some crazy LexCorp tech or something he stole from Star Labs.

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm here to apologize on behalf of all women everywhere for the unearned and invidious success of 6"2 men, which as you've ascertained was in fact a big "gently caress you" to everyone else. Please report to the nearest women's auxiliary office to pick up your free coupon for 15% off at Coldstone Creamery and "short king" beanie, we'll put a little footstool at the counter so you can ring the bell and Kathy will get you all set up.

You know I was admitting that it was a problem with me and not with anyone else?

site posted:

Do you pick fights with people taller than yourself at the slightest provocation

No, i am not Ben Shaprio.

I do love how my mental issues that resulted due to the incessant abuse and bullying i received for being short while growing up is giving everyone a big yuk.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 10, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

theironjef posted:

Are you covered in awful tats? Being a beanpole only scores you celebrity ladies if you're also covered in just garbage tattoos and look like you smell like Jesse Camp.

He's actually getting all his tattoos removed.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He was just covered in tiny nuggets of technology that do that quantum tech unfolding thing that's so hot in VFX circles right now. It was my least favorite part of a good movie. Bloodsport's normal deal is that he has a warehouse full of weapons stashed somewhere and a teleporter in his gloves, which I would have preferred but obviously it wouldn't work for Suicide Squad missions. That said his normal deal is also that's he's mentally unstable and obsessed with the Vietnam war so there were good changes too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I do love how my mental issues that resulted due to the incessant abuse and bullying i received for being short while growing up is giving everyone a big yuk.

Everyone is allowed to have their mental issues dealing with trauma but that doesn't give you a free pass for saying things like "Someone else said someone is tall and so I decided to hate the person who is tall." It's actually pretty goddamn unhealthy to go "I am allowed to hate you because of your appearance" for anything short of "I have a swastika tattooed on my face."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ImpAtom posted:

Everyone is allowed to have their mental issues dealing with trauma but that doesn't give you a free pass for saying things like "Someone else said someone is tall and so I decided to hate the person who is tall." It's actually pretty goddamn unhealthy to go "I am allowed to hate you because of your appearance" for anything short of "I have a swastika tattooed on my face."

Yea, and i thought I was clearer that this is an issue that i deal with, and that is was stupid and honestly unfair to him. I could just dislike him for being unfunny, but extra baggage is added due to my trauma. It's great when you carry around adults that are meant to help you go "You will have to work harder than others because no one takes short men seriously". That's a harsh thing to hear when you're 8. I should just dislike him as everyone else does and because I don't find him funny.

Also I waited the entire movie for Stallone and he was the voice of King Shark

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

If it helps I'm 6'2" and a complete loser and women know it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

yes i totally knew this ahead of time even though I've never seen you bring it up before ever and i did it on purpose just to gently caress with you

also if ariana is anything to go off of it's actually because he has a mega huge dick

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Celebrities aren't people, it's okay to dislike them for petty things.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is it bad I wanna see Ratcatcher in a Justice League movie as now a part of the League? Like, she didn't really do anything villanous, and frankly is a pretty big hero in her own right I'd say.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
squirrel gi-- i mean ratcatcher is too powerful for the aveng-- i mean justice league

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm sorry you got picked on but your post was absolutely weird and the problem was less that you were mean to a famous tall man and more that it read like you were offended by women being attracted to a famous tall man. If you're really wondering why people are picking on the post-- it's not about Peter Davidson, it's about how you're writing about women. I'll drop it and I apologize for the (ahem) low blow but like for real keep in mind that actual real live women are reading posts and stuff like "ooooh how nasty and mean of those DAMES to fall for hard-bodied hunks... it's so impolite to me" is... weird for actual real live women to read.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

yes i totally knew this ahead of time even though I've never seen you bring it up before ever and i did it on purpose just to gently caress with you

also if ariana is anything to go off of it's actually because he has a mega huge dick

Yea sorry on that, I should have been clearer that the quote i posted just triggered some issues i had.

And that second part I can totally believe. Totally a big old john holmes ding dong down there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay I'm glad someone else brought it up but according to every girl who's been with him, Pete has the biggest dick in recorded history so there's something else to hate about him.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Do u guys remember that pic of that one extremely tall goon leaning against a fridge

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Did he also have a massive penis?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All this dick talk makes me wonder if they padded Cena at all

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

ilikedirt posted:

Do u guys remember that pic of that one extremely tall goon leaning against a fridge

Didn't he die? (rip giant goon I loved that photo and his weird stories)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

probably not, considering all the roids it seemed appropriately meh

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah
...ngl my wife and I checked out what were im those tightie whities. I thought for a moment he'd pull another gun out

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Okay I'm glad someone else brought it up but according to every girl who's been with him, Pete has the biggest dick in recorded history so there's something else to hate about him.

He says it's not. He seemed relatively upset Ariana Grande put that out there because now he's not living up to expectations. Add that to suffering from borderline, depression, crones disease, and dead 911 dad he may not be the celebrity success story most deserving of the public's ire.
I have no doubt James Gunn hired him because he knew people were going to enjoy seeing him get his face blown off and I'm positive Pete Davidson took the job because he knew people were going to enjoy seeing him get his face blown off (that and a fairly easy pay check)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m 5’6” and just lol at the idea of getting angry and hating other dudes because they’re tall.

They can’t control their height any more than you can, man. Just accept your tiny stature and roll with it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

He says it's not. He seemed relatively upset Ariana Grande put that out there because now he's not living up to expectations. Add that to suffering from borderline, depression, crones disease, and dead 911 dad he may not be the celebrity success story most deserving of the public's ire.
I have no doubt James Gunn hired him because he knew people were going to enjoy seeing him get his face blown off and I'm positive Pete Davidson took the job because he knew people were going to enjoy seeing him get his face blown off (that and a fairly easy pay check)

That's almost worse than rumors of having a small donger, because now you take your pants off every woman is going to go "wait, where's the giant horsecock i was promised?"

Is Javelin's javelin anything special in the comics?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, he just flies and throws them.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

twistedmentat posted:

That's almost worse than rumors of having a small donger, because now you take your pants off every woman is going to go "wait, where's the giant horsecock i was promised?"

Is Javelin's javelin anything special in the comics?

The moral is Arianna Grande is not to be messed with.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

5'9" bros rise up

Literally.

(kidding, height chat is stupid)

twistedmentat posted:

He wasn't creating them from nothing he was using the little blocks on his costume. That said, watching it I was thinking "I could make any object a weapon too if I had magic nanotech thingies on my body that seemingly let me form whatever objects I want". Whatever though, it was cool when he made it all into the big gun.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 10, 2021

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm sorry you got picked on but your post was absolutely weird and the problem was less that you were mean to a famous tall man and more that it read like you were offended by women being attracted to a famous tall man. If you're really wondering why people are picking on the post-- it's not about Peter Davidson, it's about how you're writing about women. I'll drop it and I apologize for the (ahem) low blow but like for real keep in mind that actual real live women are reading posts and stuff like "ooooh how nasty and mean of those DAMES to fall for hard-bodied hunks... it's so impolite to me" is... weird for actual real live women to read.

Yeah, it strikes me as the male version of women who get mad at men for liking women more attractive than them

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If someone is a very short dude instead of being mad they should just put a variety of snacks and drinks on their head like R2D2 on Jabba The Hutts sail barge. What's not to love about that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 5'8" and society considers me a shorty short. But I ain't mad about it, tall guys can't fit into fun cars and they look silly when they get on planes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve known plenty of short dudes who loved to explain away their inability to get dates as some grand height bias conspiracy, but 99% of the time their own complexes and insecurities about their height had far more to do with it.

Just be comfortable and accept your own body type and if someone gives you grief about it then they aren’t worth your time anyway. Danny DeVito is 4’10” and he was married for 40 years, you sub-5’10”ers will be fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As long as you have a magnum dong.

TwoPair posted:

Literally.

(kidding, height chat is stupid)

He wasn't creating them from nothing he was using the little blocks on his costume. That said, watching it I was thinking "I could make any object a weapon too if I had magic nanotech thingies on my body that seemingly let me form whatever objects I want". Whatever though, it was cool when he made it all into the big gun.

They probably all had a specific form normally, since he kept making the same pacifier looking gun. Then have like an alt form when they're attached to the gun.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Most women do not care about height at all. Just don't aim out of your range or do, who cares. Just be confident and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or have a gigantic dong.