Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Where do we find it cuz we all have to know now

Loch Ness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's been a super long time since I've seen one, but I seem to remember it being a little below the belly button.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

If for some reason you are serious, plenty of people recorded it so searching for Loch Ness on Twitter should find you a video.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

His middle isn't 'Entertainment' for no reason!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
So I just learnt that Chuck E Cheese is a pizza place. I always assumed they did cheeseburgers.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The name always seemed unfortunate to me. Who names their food place after vomit?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Roadkill Rescue Gives Deceased Wild Ocelot a Chance to Be a Father in the Future

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Donating sperm doesn't make you a father :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You could change like two words in that and it'd be a solid Metal Gear Solid 6 pitch

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/ScienceAlert/status/1424908063933452292

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo for brains

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/05/14/the-navys-probe-into-sky-penis/

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I don’t like the sound of that

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This has to be a op targeted at Peter Thiele.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I would've thought a sky penis was more air force territory.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

This has to be a op targeted at Peter Thiele.

He is welcome to buy as much of my poo poo as possible, it is premium half-Japanese half-Mexican poo poo so that means it has both mystic asian powers and ancient native American powers. I charge a million dollars a pound.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/smh/status/1425046646467878912

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lady Disdain posted:

Donating sperm doesn't make you a father :colbert:

According to your mother it makes you a daddy

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

At first I thought this was saying that she just snuck into the hospital and pretended to be a doctor and the other staff just assumed she worked there, but it seems she did actually get hired and just lied about her credentials, which is way less fun

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

How does that even work? It’s a full contact combat sport, and it’s “illegal” to knock someone out—as if you have full control over this.

Then what’s to stop people from winning important matches by just taking a dive at the first good hit their opponent lands?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ZombieLenin posted:

How does that even work? It’s a full contact combat sport, and it’s “illegal” to knock someone out—as if you have full control over this.

Then what’s to stop people from winning important matches by just taking a dive at the first good hit their opponent lands?

It's about landing hits, not hurting your opponent.

The refs had to decide if the knocked-out guy was careless and caused the injury himself, or if the other guy was responsible for striking too hard.

They also had a doctor saying that he wasn't faking it.

Wikipedia says this:

quote:

Strikes below the belt are strictly forbidden and strength must always be controlled as the fighter will receive a warning if they hurt their opponent, points may be lost or there may even be a disqualification if the resulting injury is severe.

(I just read a news article and know barely anything about the sport)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Competitions are about demonstrating the skills not causing harm. Restraint is one of the skills.

Get this, fencers don't get extra points for impaling their opponents, either

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Wait, what?

poo poo

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Bloop posted:

Competitions are about demonstrating the skills not causing harm. Restraint is one of the skills.

Also, each competitor takes part in a bunch of fights. If they're allowed to gently caress each other up as bad as what happens in MMA either nobody can do more than one fight or every match is a race to land one blow then run out the clock while fleeing to save yourself for the final.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wait, what?

poo poo

I still think you won

Besides, who is around to say otherwise

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Also, each competitor takes part in a bunch of fights. If they're allowed to gently caress each other up as bad as what happens in MMA either nobody can do more than one fight or every match is a race to land one blow then run out the clock while fleeing to save yourself for the final.

Yeah, there’s a reason MMA fighters only take a handful of fights in a year. Training for one and then recovering from one takes weeks to months. (And so far, it seems to do less long-lasting damage than boxing, although I admittedly don’t know that at all and MMA as we know it really has only been around for maybe 20 years or so.)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Bloop posted:

Not even if they get it directly in they dick hole? I thought that was like home-run of fencing.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

The Bloop posted:

Get this, fencing is very specifically not full contact; and it would be drat near impossible to impale someone with a fencing foil with their blunted ends. Take out their eye maybe, but have you seen the the masks fencers wear?

Even so, there is no “pulling” of the actual contact in foil fencing. There might be in saber, but I doubt it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've done foil fencing, I know what it's like. It was a joke. I could also have made one about archery or whatever else.

The point is that competition karate is not about doing the most possible damage to your opponents, it's about demonstrating a skillset, and that skillset includes having enough control to tap someone in the head with your foot without putting their lights out.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

what a useless skillset.

It does look like he wasn't aiming for a kick to the head, as the foot connected with the lower side and neck, probably was aiming for chest but when he leaned in for the punch it got him higher than intended.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
It's also in the spirit of the original Olympics, where one of the most famous wrestling champions actually died during a match and they gave him the victory, as obviously he was willing to go even to the death in order to win.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The Bloop posted:

Well maybe the olympics are just boring and lame how about that now?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
That article should have opened with "They were promoted to Admirals".

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I've done foil fencing, I know what it's like. It was a joke. I could also have made one about archery or whatever else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpaue3Jhn1o

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

ZombieLenin posted:

Get this, fencing is very specifically not full contact; and it would be drat near impossible to impale someone with a fencing foil with their blunted ends. Take out their eye maybe, but have you seen the the masks fencers wear?

Even so, there is no “pulling” of the actual contact in foil fencing. There might be in saber, but I doubt it.

Once met a fencing coach who claimed he had nearly died like in the 60s when his opponent's Epee snapped in half and he was essentially lunging right into the jagged part where it had broken. Woke up in the hospital after almost bleeding to death. Ended his career as a fencer, but got him into coaching.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Being unconscious on the winning podium was good enough for Homer Simpson.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1425155060149981186

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

And he's still probably the best credentialed of the lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And I'll bet we still have not found out the really bad things about this man.
:stonkhat: