Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I know he won't even be free by then, but I'm just loling at the idea of Bray doing the G1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I think Bray is a "cut him and try to re-sign him at half the cost" situation. If they can have him but way cheaper great, if not, they save money on his contract anyway.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smikey posted:

I think Bray is a "cut him and try to re-sign him at half the cost" situation. If they can have him but way cheaper great, if not, they save money on his contract anyway.

He's pissed about creative, so it's gonna take more than that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

smikey posted:

He could hold out for more money given the crowd is in open rebellion over his firing which would be the most WWE late stage WCW thing.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm getting heavy Oni vibes from that drawing. if Bray were to spend some time working Japan, I could see him doing an oni-inspired gimmick.

"Oni are born when truly wicked humans die and end up in one of the many Buddhist Hells, transformed into Oni. They become the ogreish and brutal servants of Great Lord Enma, ruler of Hell, wielding iron clubs with which they crush and destroy humans solely for enjoyment."

Not sure how that would play to a Japanese audience, but a westerner playing the role of brutish demon doesn't seem too out of place to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bray's release is not real. it was mixed in with all the real ones in order to get fans to chant about rehiring him at shows and generally be disruptive and very "careing." they want to manufacture another "we want matt" situation and put bray wyatt back over. this time for good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bray Wyatt go to DDT

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm getting heavy Oni vibes from that drawing.
No, you're right, that's the first thing I thought of too. That looks like a mempo to me.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1424903330397048832?s=21

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm getting heavy Oni vibes from that drawing. if Bray were to spend some time working Japan, I could see him doing an oni-inspired gimmick.

"Oni are born when truly wicked humans die and end up in one of the many Buddhist Hells, transformed into Oni. They become the ogreish and brutal servants of Great Lord Enma, ruler of Hell, wielding iron clubs with which they crush and destroy humans solely for enjoyment."

Not sure how that would play to a Japanese audience, but a westerner playing the role of brutish demon doesn't seem too out of place to me.

You're probably right, but my mind jumps to the guy with a giant Oni tattooed on his back. Who also is way over-the-top with his character LORE.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fuego's twitch is live again

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

graph posted:

fuego's twitch is live again

https://www.twitch.tv/fuegodelsol

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Bray will need a new name for this new gimmick. May I suggest Oni Lorcan.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fuegos camera keeps breaking maybe someone can send him a good one

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1424822166571425792

lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jesus Christ.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I mean he’s not wrong about that era of NXT seemingly providing an alternative to the main roster WWE and building a fanbase of hardcore fans who loved it. I doubt he ever saw it as a true alternative because NXT was meant to be a pathway to the main roster not a thing standing alone by itself.

Also he looks like poo poo lol

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Bray's new name should be Brayfabe and his gimmick is that he's Kizarny.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

so that's what sam hyde's been up to

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Enzo is right

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Enzo is amazing in that he is a pure product of NXT, was a great talker, and despite all the time in developmental he couldn't even bump let alone do moves.

Also he was a multi time champion on the main roster.

The biggest crime of when wikipedia removed move lists was that it removed that for a time Enzo's finisher was listed as "Tag-in Big Cass"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Lid posted:

Enzo is amazing in that he is a pure product of NXT, was a great talker, and despite all the time in developmental he couldn't even bump let alone do moves.

Also he was a multi time champion on the main roster.

The biggest crime of when wikipedia removed move lists was that it removed that for a time Enzo's finisher was listed as "Tag-in Big Cass"

lol

Why did the editors make the decision to remove move lists anyway? That's like removing a list of a comic book character's superpowers.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Unperson_47 posted:

lol

Why did the editors make the decision to remove move lists anyway? That's like removing a list of a comic book character's superpowers.

Because Wikipedia editors are anal little dorks who don't seem to remember that there's no page limit for a digital encyclopedia

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

forkboy84 posted:

Because Wikipedia editors are anal little dorks who don't seem to remember that there's no page limit for a digital encyclopedia
There was a Wiki admin that was so mad about Zack Ryder that even after he had his IC title run, he kept deleting his personal page and lumping him with Curt Hawkins as the Major Bros years after the team had broke up

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

RealFoxy posted:

There was a Wiki admin that was so mad about Zack Ryder that even after he had his IC title run, he kept deleting his personal page and lumping him with Curt Hawkins as the Major Bros years after the team had broke up

Who in the WWE office is young enough to know about wikipedia?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

I've never forgiven Wiki nerds for deciding MMA events didn't need dedicated pages. loving pointless. Especially as it only applies to English language Wikipedia.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
The people doing the move lists for Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho haven't finished yet and they want to be complete.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

lol

Wasn't it that one of the wikipedia editors runs the biggest pro-wrestling wikia, so they have a commercial incentive for people to visit that instead. Oh sorry I mean editorial standards.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Holy poo poo, he's three years younger than me and looks like that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

big time "i knew about Microsoft in the 80's" vibe

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Holy poo poo, he's three years younger than me and looks like that.

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And untreated gonorrhea.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

he looks like if Dark Side of the Ring shot flashback footage of Dog the Bounty Hunter

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Moondog nZo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oh Molly https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1425082211041259522?s=19

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Zo Train period is the only time I can recall caring about 205 Live at all

I also liked the JorDoneZo finisher. Too bad everything else about him as a wrestler and human being sucks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

Wikipedia was terrible about Lucha Underground spoilers too. They insisted that title changes on tapings HAD to be recognized from the day they were taped, despite LU taping in blocks and airing matches out of order, and not recognizing title reigns until the airdate - and that live fans had NDAs for tapings.

It was like saying that a character dying on a drama series died on the day their death scene was filmed, not the episode that aired. Just a bunch of wiki nerds & wrestling trolls patting themselves on the back for firstposting scoops.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
https://twitter.com/JaimsVanDerBeek/status/1425145525683187714?s=20

Jimmy Havok now working a normal people job for normal people.
After what came out about him during Speaking Out I hope he'll be able to turn himself around somehow and become better by not living the wrestler life anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

weird tweet by nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you know thats not nick right