Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

(reposting from the gameday thread because sarah is awesome)
https://twitter.com/sarahjoyshockey/status/1424900486877093888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc posted:

Am i losing my mind or did wwe once end a RAW with a segment where they removed a mannequin head from JR’s rear end in a top hat

I think that was the opening promo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh God the blinking was actually IN the match?! I thought that was just a gif someone made.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He looks like bootleg Doc Gallows

Chiropractor Gibbet?

General Practitioner Noosem?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Am i losing my mind or did wwe once end a RAW with a segment where they removed a mannequin head from JR’s rear end in a top hat

Let's See....

quote:

The tape featured Vince McMahon dressed as "Dr. Hiney", talking to his patient JR. "Dr. Hiney" kept listening to Ross� intestines, and heard "Boomer Sooner", followed by the flushing of a toilet and other potty humor level sounds.

Then, a overly endowed nurse named "Slobberknockers" put lubrication on "Dr. Hiney's" arm. He then removed from "Ross's colon", using everything from toilet plungers, jackhammers and the jaws of life, a bottle of Jim Ross�s famous BBQ sauce, a football, a Steve Austin action figure, the other hand of Mae Young (now WHY did McMahon want people to remember this?), an plastic owl, and a bag of goldfish; all accompanied by the taped voice of Jim Ross periodically screaming �Bah Gawd!� and other Jim Ross standards.

"Dr. Hiney" then pulled out a mannequin head with a cowboy hat, and said that he had solved the problem of having Jim Ross's head being up his rear end."Dr. Hiney" concluded by saying that he needed after the operation to "release some tension" and rubbed his face in the nurse�s chest.

Jesus loving Christ.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Oh God the blinking was actually IN the match?! I thought that was just a gif someone made.

The winking doll segment happened. The Drew Mcintyre Abortion Promo happened. Vince McMahon looked at those ideas, decided they were good poo poo, and then paid to produce live television in which these events would occur.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
classic vince

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Let's See....

Jesus loving Christ.

If they went back to this stuff they’d do 5 million viewers a week

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

in honor of keith lee not being on raw i'm posting it again

https://vocaroo.com/1m0VCYrbJXql

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Destroy My Sweater posted:

in honor of keith lee not being on raw i'm posting it again

https://vocaroo.com/1m0VCYrbJXql

Keith Lee got to wrestle in a dark match against some GEEK named Chico Adams!!!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

The reaction brought me the joy the segment could not.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Keith Lee got to wrestle in a dark match against some GEEK named Chico Adams!!!

i wonder if he won

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

reignofevil posted:

The winking doll segment happened. The Drew Mcintyre Abortion Promo happened. Vince McMahon looked at those ideas, decided they were good poo poo, and then paid to produce live television in which these events would occur.

Sounds like Drew came close to lucking out and never having to appear on Raw.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

I've got a secret pro tip for you if watching the raw women's division is making you unhappy

change the channel

Nah, must complain about the same stuff every single day.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

i wonder if he won

Yup. Completely squashed Chico Adams.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Drakkel posted:

WWE still operates on the impression that their shows are MUST WATCH TELEVISION and thus they don't need to announce anything in advance, and also the presumption that people will be racing to the phones to call up everyone they know to be like "HOLY poo poo BRO YOU GOTTA TURN RAW ON RIGHT THE gently caress NOW, REY MYSTERIO IS WRESTLING ONE OF THE USO BROTHERS AGAIN!!!"

Uso Bros
loving tired
Drunken driving
No-one's getting fired

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Is that "no, not that" supposed to be sarcastic? Like calling the fans hypocrites or something? Cause specifically, no, not like that. Just being different isn't the beginning, middle, and end of the goal. "UGH I GUESS YALL JUST CANT BE MADE HAPPY"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

i wonder if he won

I'm respecting Keith Lee's privacy by never finding out.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

"I don't even want to be around anymore."

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blaise330 posted:

Is that "no, not that" supposed to be sarcastic? Like calling the fans hypocrites or something? Cause specifically, no, not like that. Just being different isn't the beginning, middle, and end of the goal. "UGH I GUESS YALL JUST CANT BE MADE HAPPY"

Whatever you do, don't read the comments.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Doudrop can't be Lily. Lily has red hair.

Becky Lynch's return is going to be terrifying.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Waffleopolis posted:

"I don't even want to be around anymore."

I have too much loving sound on my matches

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’d let Bobby lashley gently caress my wife too

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Davros1 posted:

Lily Tweets

Like... you all know that I'm the biggest stan for supernatural gimmicks and story elements in wrestling. I've advocated for it being cool and good for YEARS on this forum, argued passionately to defend it, I thought Cena vs The Fiend was one of the best things I'd ever seen on WWE programming and wasn't shy about saying it. I even initially defended the idea of The Fiend leaving Bray Wyatt and possessing Alexa Bliss as a neat concept.

So you know I mean it when I say this is loving dogshit, and I can't understand how ANYONE could defend it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
cena v wyatt might be the last interesting thing to ever come out of the wwe and of course it wrapped up by having cena unceremoniously return without acknowledging it at all while simultaneously firing bray

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’m reminded of some bygone goons anecdote about working at a video store and anytime he’d see a mentally challenged person heading for the store it was. 100% guarantee they’d beeline to the wrestling section

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

That DICK! posted:

I’m reminded of some bygone goons anecdote about working at a video store and anytime he’d see a mentally challenged person heading for the store it was. 100% guarantee they’d beeline to the wrestling section

yo wtf

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh, what.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5n8gR7yW4

lmao that they keep having Cena at these shows and just aren't using him but it's neat that he and Randy got to have that little moment. :3:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

MJeff posted:

lmao that they keep having Cena at these shows and just aren't using him but it's neat that he and Randy got to have that little moment. :3:

wait, didnt randy rko riddle?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Drakkel posted:

Let's See....

Jesus loving Christ.

Fun fact: despite lasting less than 10 minutes of airtime, it won the Gooker Award for 2005. THAT'S how bad it was.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

MJeff posted:

holy hell that giant screen is so distracting. Actively draws the eye away from what's going on in the ring.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DEAR RICHARD posted:

wait, didnt randy rko riddle?

It wasnt a betrayal, its like when your friend taps your nuts as a prank

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

flatluigi posted:

cena v wyatt might be the last interesting thing to ever come out of the wwe and of course it wrapped up by having cena unceremoniously return without acknowledging it at all while simultaneously firing bray

I really wish they had Cena show up acting like it was the raw after WrestleMania, calling out the fiend. Then his whole first feud involves someone convincing him no John you've been gone 18 months where were you

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1424918424849895425

And that still wasn't the worst line in that promo. It is AMAZING how awful the RAW Women's Division is right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6lW8TazZM

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If you don’t think that the doll angle isn’t leading to the doll possessing Doudrop and Doudrop being trapped inside the doll, then you clearly haven’t realized how awful Vince’s ideas have truly become.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/HarleyLivBliss/status/1424940227647492097

Even the Bliss accounts that exist just to stan Alexa Bliss are turning

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gonz posted:

If you don’t think that the doll angle isn’t leading to the doll possessing Doudrop and Doudrop being trapped inside the doll, then you clearly haven’t realized how awful Vince’s ideas have truly become.

Honestly, I think that’s probably too inventive for WWE and would require them to remember what they are doing with a story and actually advance it.

Not saying that would be good, but I’m expecting to just read some variation of “Eva Marie and/or Dewdrop were distracted by the doll” for the next month and then the story gets abruptly dropped because that’s the level of effort I’ve come to expect.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gonz posted:

Jesus H Christ that thought literally entered my head earlier and it's so stupid they're 110% going to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1424918424849895425

And that still wasn't the worst line in that promo. It is AMAZING how awful the RAW Women's Division is right now.

K there's a different between being an underdog and being an absolute complete and utter wuss. This is like face bayley vs alexa all over again, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE PUSSY.

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/HarleyLivBliss/status/1424940227647492097

Even the Bliss accounts that exist just to stan Alexa Bliss are turning

Funny, the rollup was the only thing I liked, it was super deep and looked tough to kick out of. Doudrop is so deceptively athletic and limber. I never knew how to criticize Nia Jax to say she should "get in shape" without it sounding like I was fat shaming her but this is kinda what I meant. You can be big and still move around swift if you just do a little yoga and weight training.