Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

smiling giraffe posted:

they hosed around with the ZEMs.
Paw, Cazic, Perma, Gorge, hole are in.
Guk, befallen, MM and most of kunark are out

unrest is the same as always

oh, that's actually super great. ive been complaining that they should do this for literally years :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

cmdrk posted:

oh, that's actually super great. ive been complaining that they should do this for literally years :colbert:

Yeah I wanted them to do it for ages too, but now they’ve done it I wish they put it back coz MM castle and lower guK are just better dungeons than paW and CaZIC

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

cmdrk posted:

The only time I've seen this work is if you are a Druid or Wiz and can port part of the way. By the time you can evac thru WK though youre way way outleveled for that quest. Maybe if you have a friend on standby?

Plus, dropping group or leaving them hanging to do a scroll turn in? eh...

If you're a class that can gate to the turn in guy, and you know wizard or druid that's willing to bind there with you, it's pretty fast. I made a fair amount of plat on blue selling scrolls to someone who was doing that.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

smiling giraffe posted:

they hosed around with the ZEMs.
Paw, Cazic, Perma, Gorge, hole are in.
Guk, befallen, MM and most of kunark are out

unrest is the same as always

Argh why can't they do this with the newbie dungeons? I've never made it past level 20ish because I get bored of doing the same Blackburrow -> Crushbone -> Unrest -> (burnout) loop every time I make a new character.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cmdrk posted:

Mistmoore has a bunch of drops I want so it's bad.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Mistmoore has a bunch of drops I want so it's bad.

EQ is 10% button pressing and 90% being a social butterfly. It seems like the vast majority of players forget this, so form your own groups lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

We did today lmao

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dizz posted:

god the swamp loving sucks.

Do /friend Akrar, I can help make it suck less

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

please knock Mom! posted:

Do /friend Akrar, I can help make it suck less

I'm level 5 now, which i think means I can finally escape to a new map and start doing other things.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

As a newbie level 5 Iksar Necro with zero gear, is FoB really the best option?

All of the beginner mobs con green or blue but moving out further has random yellow and red roaming mobs that can wreck you in an instant.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

All of the beginner mobs con green or blue but moving out further has random yellow and red roaming mobs that can wreck you in an instant.

Yeah, just stick it out around the first ramp down into the big pit until level 8. Group if you can. Level 4-8 is a slog, but afterwards things start to move and you'll get more and more of your key abilities that make necros awesome.

Once you get level 8 go to Kurn's and don't leave until you hit level 20. By far the best exp available and amazing for necros because you can use ward undead and stack up on hundreds of bone chips.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Hit up the spider caves in FOB.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yeah you learn to pull the blues and pull them back out of the bone pit. Its a pretty gnarly leveling zone because of the reds but its got a lot of good mobs so its worth the danger.

Also not a *terribly* far run to guards so if you have any way to slow or stun you can survive a nasty pull.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Hit up the spider caves in FOB.

I did go down into there and as far as I can tell the only mobs I can manage are the single spawn on the ramp and the two pull in a side room. The other rooms are like 4-5 spiders that will aggro. Is there a trick I’m missing?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

I did go down into there and as far as I can tell the only mobs I can manage are the single spawn on the ramp and the two pull in a side room. The other rooms are like 4-5 spiders that will aggro. Is there a trick I’m missing?

The trick is giving your pet skeleton one of the big swords which drop from the monster skeletons, making it absolutely clown on everything while you tank using life tap

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I started a Paladin in Qeynos because hopefully with class modifiers going away it wouldn't be too bad to level one. I had the genius idea of doing the Muffin quest to buy myself to level 4-5 for about a plat.

Well, you become KOS to corrupt Qeynos guards after about 80 muffins. They really oughta warn you on the wiki.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao that’s EQ, hand too many muffins to the wrong guy and the guard mafia wants to kill you

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

swamp still sucks rear end, but at least im level 6 now. might actually start getting into groups and investing some time instead of just semi-afk levelling while i wait for mana to refill

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lmao that’s EQ, hand too many muffins to the wrong guy and the guard mafia wants to kill you

I'm camping Mistmoore lately so kill the minotaur hero in Steamfont for me sometime so I can get those str bracers my little twink high elf needs more muscles thank you friend.

Dizz posted:

swamp still sucks rear end, but at least im level 6 now. might actually start getting into groups and investing some time instead of just semi-afk levelling while i wait for mana to refill

The early levels are a slog because you don't have all your stuff and exp is faster with a group but not as bad for casters as for hybrids (we don't even get spells until 9 and med until 12). Once you get meditate at 8 and SOW at 9 it'll be a lot smoother.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 10, 2021

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

yeah meditate would help a bunch. SoW would help with running to guards if i lose fights. just a slow wait between each fight.

I also learned there's a few quests i can do, so my goal now is to get 6 froglok meats.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Dizz posted:

yeah meditate would help a bunch. SoW would help with running to guards if i lose fights. just a slow wait between each fight.

I also learned there's a few quests i can do, so my goal now is to get 6 froglok meats.

If you can find 1-2 other people, you can go into the beginning of upper guk. I guess the ZEM is nerfed but it's probably better than innothule.

I think there's a quest to get raw hide armor if you give some dude 4 fungus spores and then give the pie that guy gives you to another guy. Don't underestimate the power you get from crappy armor at low levels!!!! Kill those fungus man trackers!

E: also, don't forget to start on the regent symbol of innoruuk quest at some point. It's the only way shaman get snare.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you can find 1-2 other people, you can go into the beginning of upper guk. I guess the ZEM is nerfed but it's probably better than innothule.

I think there's a quest to get raw hide armor if you give some dude 4 fungus spores and then give the pie that guy gives you to another guy. Don't underestimate the power you get from crappy armor at low levels!!!! Kill those fungus man trackers!

E: also, don't forget to start on the regent symbol of innoruuk quest at some point. It's the only way shaman get snare.

oh what? i should maybe look up the snare spell quest. im getting froglok meats because i get a slightly good glove from it, and if i get another pair and continue another quest, i get a 4 ac +14 mana offhand

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

My biggest early game problem is the level ranges. You'll hit levels where there's very few white con enemies (3,5,7?) so far in FoB

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Dizz posted:

oh what? i should maybe look up the snare spell quest. im getting froglok meats because i get a slightly good glove from it, and if i get another pair and continue another quest, i get a 4 ac +14 mana offhand

Only if you picked Innoruuk as your god, and not Cazic, and it'll be a challenge given your level and distance from Neriak:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk_Symbol_Quests

It's pretty cool though, it's the only symbol quest that goes up to Regent I think. Those quests are a relic from those frantic first months when things were implemented half arsedly*. Though I have to say giving dwarves a clicky that summons beer is pretty cool. And the half elves get a root clicky, that's pretty neat too.

*which reminds me that I watched this recently and found it interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqW42BFqVjo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He picked Cazic so it's a no go.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

oh rip. also i can't do this kaglari doll quest until i find someone who can cook me these pickled froglok

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Is this Green or Blue you guys are on?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

im on green

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

green

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Dizz posted:

oh rip. also i can't do this kaglari doll quest until i find someone who can cook me these pickled froglok

Honestly get like a few stacks of the meat, dump 21 points into cooking at a trainer and just brute force the recipe. Getting cooking up will serve you later on anyway.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Meatgrinder posted:

Honestly get like a few stacks of the meat, dump 21 points into cooking at a trainer and just brute force the recipe. Getting cooking up will serve you later on anyway.

probably a good idea, but froglok meat seems to be an extremely rare drop.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
There are those Froglok slaves in East Cabilis that will drop the meat for you. Right by the Field of Bone zoneline.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Well I’ve made it to level 6 in FOB, mostly by demolishing every scorpion I could find and turning into something like 32 of the tails at a time.

The shield the skeles sometimes has winds up selling for over a plat so I could actually buy some spells. I have a feeling 6-8 is going to be pretty miserable but maybe I can solo the spider cave, hopefully have enough for the level 8 spells then hit Kurns.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

There are those Froglok slaves in East Cabilis that will drop the meat for you. Right by the Field of Bone zoneline.

seems like an adventure to get from Grobb to field of bone. i think im just gonna sit on this meat i have for a level or two and dump training into baking. maybe also try to find some bat spawns and slowly train that way too. i THINK bat wings are a cooking ingredient for lowbies?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Dizz posted:

seems like an adventure to get from Grobb to field of bone. i think im just gonna sit on this meat i have for a level or two and dump training into baking. maybe also try to find some bat spawns and slowly train that way too. i THINK bat wings are a cooking ingredient for lowbies?

Bat wings are plentiful on vendors, I'd just plug in the item into the wiki at wiki.project1999.com and see what's convenient. Surprised there's no Froglok meat on the city vendors. I'd check there next time you're in Grobb or Oggok.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Seems to be a few of us with lowbies, we should try to group up or something.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i've had people ask me if i wanted to group but im always spontaneously going afk to do real life things so i don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dizz posted:

i've had people ask me if i wanted to group but im always spontaneously going afk to do real life things so i don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone

That happens fairly regularly in groups so don't worry about it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Omg so many new players, makes me want to roll a new guy too. Class xp penalties were removed today, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Omg so many new players, makes me want to roll a new guy too. Class xp penalties were removed today, by the way.

would answer why i somehow went from 6 to 7 so fast off random blue froglok fishermen.