Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Was it Trump's taxes or the Mueller report (both?) that Maddow had the big special with the piles of paper on her desk, cracked it open, then we got to see her realize live that it was nothing? I remember the scene i just don't remember which magic bullet it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Was it Trump's taxes or the Mueller report (both?) that Maddow had the big special with the piles of paper on her desk, cracked it open, then we got to see her realize live that it was nothing? I remember the scene i just don't remember which magic bullet it was

it was his 2005 taxes, they got a "leak" and hyped the gently caress out of it being a special edition of her show
then it turns out he paid 25% taxes which is pretty high for the ultra-rich

https://www.theguardian.com/media/shortcuts/2017/mar/15/rachel-maddow-and-the-trump-tax-bombshell-that-wasnt

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

i think you're thinking of al capone's vault

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Excelzior posted:

it was his 2005 taxes, they got a "leak" and hyped the gently caress out of it being a special edition of her show

https://www.theguardian.com/media/shortcuts/2017/mar/15/rachel-maddow-and-the-trump-tax-bombshell-that-wasnt

lol yeah this was it. thank you rachel, very cool!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mrmcd posted:

When last year a bunch of random people starting getting mysterious seed packets from China. And half the internet was all "bio weapons plot for CHYNA plant monsters!!! :tinfoil:" and the other half of the internet was all "haha look at these idiots who've never heard of a brushing scam before :smuggo:". State departments of agriculture were sending out strongly worded press releases saying "DO NOT PLANT THE SEEDS. PLEASE CALL US, AND WE WILL COLLECT THEM AND ANALYIZE THEM IN A LAB."

Then everyone forgot about it, until a year later a reporter actually did some reporting, because, hey, whatever happened with that anyway?. And it turns out the truth was everyone who got seeds had ordered them from some random chinese drop shipper on amazon and then forgot.

Absolute galaxy brain nation.

quote:

“For all I know, it’s going to be some eight-foot-tall Venus flytrap in my house. I’m going to come home from the grocery store and find my cats and my dogs all missing.”

that would be cool if china was mailing out audrey 2s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cornpop

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Excelzior posted:

he paid the alternative minimum tax, which was basically a rule that says "gently caress how good your lawyers are, you are paying at least this much no matter loving what". Guess what no longer exists due to his big tax cut package.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

zegermans posted:

he paid the alternative minimum tax, which was basically a rule that says "gently caress how good your lawyers are, you are paying at least this much no matter loving what". Guess what no longer exists due to his big tax cut package.

so what you're saying is Trump eliminated redundancies in the tax code and improved the IRS' efficiency :hmmyes:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

zegermans posted:

The AMT still exists.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

John Ashcroft thanking the Taliban for cutting opium exports in spring or summer 2001.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwVr0ljLkfA

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Proceed, Governor.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

evobatman posted:

Proceed, Governor.
OK but that was actually funny, unlike everything else in this thread that is just Joker-cackling at how doomed we are

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

evobatman posted:

Proceed, Governor.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Hero Officer Brian Sicknick courageously peppersprayed himself so hard he died

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
“Health of the Mother”

someone post the gif, I’m on phone and can’t be assed to find it

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Every time someone goes "mitt is reasonable; classic Rockefeller republican, we can work with him" I'm reminded of this photo, of him so pleased with being able to make political hay out of my friends death.
Psychopaths, all.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kitfox88 posted:

“Health of the Mother”

someone post the gif, I’m on phone and can’t be assed to find it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

god, such an immortal classic

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Shrecknet posted:

Every time someone goes "mitt is reasonable; classic Rockefeller republican, we can work with him" I'm reminded of this photo, of him so pleased with being able to make political hay out of my friends death.
Psychopaths, all.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"please proceed, governor" will always stick in my head and, at least going purely on memory, completely threw Romney off for the debate.

e: it was like a Sorkin script but actually real and it actually somehow worked

brugroffil has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Aug 9, 2021

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
corporations are people, my friend

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Yes we all know about Dana Carvey filming on 9/11.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

"please proceed, governor" will always stick in my head and, at least going purely on memory, completely threw Romney off for the debate.

e: it was like a Sorkin script but actually real and it actually somehow worked

Campaign Obama was magic.

And like all magic, of course, he was just an illusion.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Barack Obama is your new bicycle.

E: it's actually still up! Click here and refresh the page to get bizarre 2008 era Obama affirmations.

projecthalaxy has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Aug 10, 2021

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

projecthalaxy posted:

Barack Obama is your new bicycle.

E: it's actually still up! Click here and refresh the page to get bizarre 2008 era Obama affirmations.

http://thisfuckingelection.com/

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Shaffness posted:

Yes we all know about Dana Carvey filming on 9/11.

Lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

duz posted:

that would be cool if china was mailing out audrey 2s

When my wife sent me this piece when it came out I replied with that quote and saying the same thing except used Petey Piranha

Yours was funnier

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shrecknet posted:

OK but that was actually funny, unlike everything else in this thread that is just Joker-cackling at how doomed we are

I find almost everything in here actualyl funny op

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

remember her crocheted mask and the weird tear she went on defending it

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

evobatman posted:

Proceed, Governor.
That one!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
#IStandWithAlyssa

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Shrecknet posted:

ok how about when Ralph Northam was called out for doing blackface and he claimed in his defense that he had a really good Michael Jackson impression and could moonwalk, and when the reporter followed up with “can you show us” he CHECKS TO SEE IF THERE IS ROOM ON STAGE and his wife lightly touched his shoulder and shook her head and he clearly deflates and says “no”

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

ok how about when Ralph Northam was called out for doing blackface and he claimed in his defense that he had a really good Michael Jackson impression and could moonwalk, and when the reporter followed up with “can you show us” he CHECKS TO SEE IF THERE IS ROOM ON STAGE and his wife lightly touched his shoulder and shook her head and he clearly deflates and says “no”

lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qUWsRbJVI

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

just an actual parks and rec or the office scene emerging into reality

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

still mad at his wife

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fellatio del Toro posted:

still mad at his wife

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
kill Hitler? i'm using the time machine to go back and make sure she misses that press conference. see that she comes down with food poisoning or something. it's for the greater good.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What’s this proceed governor thing? I can’t recall it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

RandolphCarter posted:

What’s this proceed governor thing? I can’t recall it.

mitt romney owned himself bigly