Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider saying MLW's removing Fusion from Youtube in advance of an official announcement that they've signed a deal with a streaming service

MLW on CRACKLE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Nea posted:

hey i have a legitimately stupid question. i've never been to a show. i'm thinking about going to PWR depending on how comfortable i feel around covid and poo poo.

you can hear the ring announcers in the venue right

i know this is a foolish question.

For what it's worth I went to my local indie (Journey Pro Wrestling) last Friday. They were running a show at a new venue in Missouri. The guy who runs the organization (DJ) is recovering from chemotherapy from brain cancer and he mandated masks at the show. Of course only like 1/3rd of the audience complied and I felt deeply uneasy the whole show. It also didn't help that I was high as poo poo, the venue didn't have functioning AC for that many people, and it was like 100 degrees and humid.

It also was at a totally new venue that I loving hated, the old venue they used was awesome, this one, I don't know, I'm not a fan at all.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider saying MLW's removing Fusion from Youtube in advance of an official announcement that they've signed a deal with a streaming service

The rumor for a while was Discovery+.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Pinche Rudo posted:

PWR shows are really fun even if you don't know anyone on the card. I took my dad and brother who had never seen lucha before when they had Psycho Clown and Texano Jr in Feb 2020 and they had a blast.

If you don't mind driving up to South San Francisco, west coast pro wrestling is running a show next Friday that I'm going to. Its Got more recognizable names including a rocky Romero/ Karl Fredricks tag match

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/get-in-where-you-fit-in-tickets-162944614729?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Unfortunately I'm totally broke right now (the San Jose show is next month by which time I can afford tickets) and also don't own a car. Maybe I'll pop up to SF for a show once I'm on more stable financial footing. I can always take the train and figure out BART.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nea posted:

Unfortunately I'm totally broke right now (the San Jose show is next month by which time I can afford tickets) and also don't own a car. Maybe I'll pop up to SF for a show once I'm on more stable financial footing. I can always take the train and figure out BART.

West coast pro has a September show too. If you decide to go hit me up on PMs or the discord channel and I'd be happy to give you a ride to/from San Bruno Bart or Caltrain and the venue.

Sept Tix : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/i-hate-you-with-a-passion-tickets-163104659427?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 5, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Pinche Rudo posted:

West coast pro has a September show too. If you decide to go hit me up on PMs or the discord channel and I'd be happy to give you a ride to/from San Bruno Bart or Caltrain and the venue.

Sept Tix : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/i-hate-you-with-a-passion-tickets-163104659427?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

For sure. Thanks, man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Live wrestling is fun even when you don’t know who anyone is. They’re typically good at making it clear who the babyfaces and heels are, and you get to see people do cool poo poo.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I looked that pwr show up and the card is mostly luchadors. Idk anything about Mexico but I'm sure someone here (in the lucha thread maybe) could hook you up with some pictures of masks and descriptions. I can tell you though that LA Park is a fat loving skeleton who wants to hurt you!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GCW has X-Pac and Effy calling Dark Sheik vs Nick Gage in an LA deathmatch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

GCW has X-Pac and Effy calling Dark Sheik vs Nick Gage in an LA deathmatch.

Jesus, that's gonna be messy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Jesus, that's gonna be messy

it was basically Nick beating the poo poo out of Sheik, Waltman sitting in stunned silence and Effy having a moment. Perfectly wild for 2am Wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

it was basically Nick beating the poo poo out of Sheik, Waltman sitting in stunned silence and Effy having a moment. Perfectly wild for 2am Wrestling.

How hosed up does something have to be for Waltman, who has seen some poo poo to be all :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How hosed up does something have to be for Waltman, who has seen some poo poo to be all :stare:

it was all one way traffic and Waltman was really hoping for Sheik to make a solid comback. She got a thick blunt from a fan after the match tho(as well as a standing ovation for leaving under her own power).

IWTV is showing their 100th IWTV defense now live from the H20 Wrestling center, which is like New Jersey's Korakuen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wildly enough Yuta and Garcia both got WWE tryouts and were told they weren't good enough. Lmao.

Regardless of how you feel on long matches, this was at least a HM effort. The crowd was hot, the building was hot, they went nonstop. Meltzer needs to star this poo poo or he's a fraud.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

never need to see a match like that again tbh. was fine but woudl have been 10 or maybe even 100 times better if it was a tight 20

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

wildly enough Yuta and Garcia both got WWE tryouts and were told they weren't good enough. Lmao.

Regardless of how you feel on long matches, this was at least a HM effort. The crowd was hot, the building was hot, they went nonstop. Meltzer needs to star this poo poo or he's a fraud.

So were Chuck Taylor and Eddie Kingston

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Idk if it was audible on stream but when Rich said "thirty minutes remaining" there was a massive groan in the 110° F building

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
There was no intermission which would have been nice, but as soon as the announcer mentioned the time limit everyone knew what was happening. It was a good match even if it wasn’t the best idea given how hot it was in there.

That said, the crowd wasn’t stinky and people were really good with the masks too. Overall a really fun show.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jesus Journey Pro's next show already has a loving cool as hell match announced:

The Sydals vs. The Besties in the World O_o

Sadly Curt Stallion (or Stallion Rogers as he's now known) is going to be on the show and I'm pretty sure he was named in Speaking Out but can't find the original tweet or what happened with him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus Journey Pro's next show already has a loving cool as hell match announced:

The Sydals vs. The Besties in the World O_o

Sadly Curt Stallion (or Stallion Rogers as he's now known) is going to be on the show and I'm pretty sure he was named in Speaking Out but can't find the original tweet or what happened with him.

He was. tw sexual assault: https://imgur.com/qB5cutM

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I thought it came out that the person that accused him was someone who was stalking him

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

KungFu Grip posted:

I thought it came out that the person that accused him was someone who was stalking him

This is what Journey Pros promoters told me as well. I was raising a stink about it on their FB page.

Also Journey Pro is having a hell of a show:

Sydals vs. Besties in the World
Thumbs and Buns (our biggest Babyface tag team) vs. The Howletts (our biggest heel tag team)
Alan "5" Angels vs. Moonshine Mantell

There are a couple other matches announced but these are the big ones

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alex Zayne is wasting no time

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1425999286576295937?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1425961603208466433

Super Crazy v Juvy in 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Who is on Nick's team? Please say Tom Santell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Who is on Nick's team? Please say Tom Santell

SGC(Matt Justice, Mancer, Effy, Allie) and AJ Gray.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

AJ Grey is Second Gear Crew. Pretty sure Alex Colon is on Team MDK, not Allie?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
One of my local promotions is doing a show in September. Have never been to a live show, so hoping I can get tickets to this thing.

https://twitter.com/C4Wrestling/status/1425871255115378691?s=20

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

One of my local promotions is doing a show in September. Have never been to a live show, so hoping I can get tickets to this thing.

https://twitter.com/C4Wrestling/status/1425871255115378691?s=20

Those shows are fun, the one they ran prior to the pandemic had Cody & MJF team vs Tabernak de Team, I remember liking the match

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Bussy going to bust some heads

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Tabernak de Team

gently caress yeah buddy. Those guys fuckin rule

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

neoaxd posted:

gently caress yeah buddy. Those guys fuckin rule

I feel like AEW don't really need more teams but if they brought those two slabs of violence in I'd be okay with it

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I feel like AEW don't really need more teams but if they brought those two slabs of violence in I'd be okay with it

I been dreaming for AEW to pass by Montreal so they could appear on Dark (and to go attend the show I guess!!!)
I saw them wrestle the Bucks once and the atmosphere was insanely hot.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
gcw is booking disco inferno for some reason

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

KungFu Grip posted:

Matt Cardona's first title defense?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

BrigadierSensible posted:

The “Woo Woo” Guy vs. the (disco call) Guy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

vs Effy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

GCW should rename the show The Last Days of Disco, Effy is gonna gently caress him up

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

neoaxd posted:

I been dreaming for AEW to pass by Montreal so they could appear on Dark (and to go attend the show I guess!!!)
I saw them wrestle the Bucks once and the atmosphere was insanely hot.

They're also really good people. Imo it's only a matter of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

As soon as Rampage is over put on West Coast Pro Wrestling, good card for tonight and I'll be there representing team Rudo

https://twitter.com/WCProOfficial/status/1426203905126400011