Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Biden is calling on Cuomo to resign, there's absolutely no tightening of the ranks to protect him that I can see. I think he goes down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Biden is calling on Cuomo to resign, there's absolutely no tightening of the ranks to protect him that I can see. I think he goes down.

Source?

Meanwhile, here's a more forceful statement from Heastie:

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/status/1422668192485412867

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Source?

Meanwhile, here's a more forceful statement from Heastie:

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/status/1422668192485412867

feels like Cuomo can't dodge it, yeah. he probably had a chance to get out from under it if he had resigned or made some sort of mea culpa and pledge not to run again before the investigation started, but this is pretty damning stuff and he doesn't have a ton of friends left.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Its front page on CNN

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/davidfbrand/status/1422671870701326340?s=21

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

FWIW, Eric Adams also says he should be impeached as well, and he's someone who I trust only to do the politically expedient thing.

https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1422626727747018758?s=20

Leon Sumbitches has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Aug 3, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Found in the USNews thread: https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2021/08/03/heres-how-impeachment-works-in-new-york-1389410

TLDR: Majority vote in the Assembly, followed by a vote of the Senate plus the Court of Appeals minus the Senate majority leader, of which 2/3 must vote to convict. And on slightly murky legal ground because a NY governor has not been impeached since 1913 (in a scandal whipped up by Tammany Hall to get rid of him)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Has someone made a new Crab Rave video yet??????

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

can somebody photoshop this to be biden and the tristate govs and adams etc

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
so since it’s been well established that Democrats do not actually care about sexual harassment/assault any theories onto what are the rationales or political power plays that are prompting this Cuomo thing?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

He's kind of hated by everyone at a personal level so maybe they just figure this will finally get rid of a guy they privately despise but weren't able to openly go against.

Honestly the weirder part is how a guy kept up this when basically nobody wants to work with him.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so since it’s been well established that Democrats do not actually care about sexual harassment/assault any theories onto what are the rationales or political power plays that are prompting this Cuomo thing?

Suburban white women probably like it?

But also there's the "everyone hates him because he thinks he's a loving Corleone and is the worst just look at him" angle. Even the actual accusations are so slimy and objectionable on a human level that actual humans must struggle to side with him, even if it's to their own benefit. I'm sure there are people in Albany who are so jaded that their stomachs aren't turned by "I speculate that I could date a woman as young as 22," but the collection of people who would have a human reaction to that and the people who benefit materially from Cuomo going down and the people who hate him for other reasons might eke out a majority.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

Dr. Killjoy posted:

its basically a billions episode. the AG that put out the report to nail him is also a top contender to run to replace him, and can then run on "i took down a sex pest" "oh and also i just got 200M out of some drug companies for opiods". its black lady chuck rhodes.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

He killed a bunch of people during the pandemic and this is all a smokescreen to avoid lawsuits.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/NewsChannel9/status/1423299854680399879

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

so how's the impeachment going.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He killed a bunch of people during the pandemic and this is all a smokescreen to avoid lawsuits.

Probably this.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-will-not-investigate-nursing-home-deaths-new-york-two-other-states-letter-2021-07-24/

quote:

The U.S. Justice Department has decided not to open a civil rights investigation into nursing homes in New York and two other states regarding their COVID-19 response, dealing a blow to several Republican lawmakers who had demanded a probe.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

The southern district of new york is gonna nail cuomo to the wall once they're thru with trump

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Looks like the only debate in the assembly is whether to have the vote immediately or to wait a couple of weeks to ensure there are no loose ends Cuomo could pick at during the trial. Cuomo has until the end of next week to submit evidence in his defense, which gives some idea of how quick they are moving. The assembly seems to but want to look like they're giving him any cover, so they're wanting to move fast.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Man NY has had some real lovely governors. Then-lieutenant governor David Paterson gave the commencement speech at my graduation and it sucked. Then when Spitzer resigned Paterson became governor and he sucked too

that incident left us with one of my favorite NY Post covers

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Filthy Hans posted:

Nothing will ever top Qaddafi Killed By Yankee Fan for me

Edit: the subbed was “Gunman Has More Hits Than A-Rod”

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Cuomo aide who says he groped her has filed a criminal complaint in Albany, increasing the chances he possibility he'll face criminal charges for his behavior. The crime is forcible touching, a misdemeanor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

You know the best one was actually Happy Hallow-Weiner

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

my favorite was the post 9-11 “ASH HOLES”

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Count me firmly in the "Cuomo will never face any consequences for anything ever" camp

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

thanks captain obvious

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Count me firmly in the "Cuomo will never face any consequences for anything ever" camp

He'll get punished by getting a multi-million dollar CNN political analyst job

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

MightyBigMinus posted:

thanks captain obvious

o7

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Huh.

https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1424543469368926211

If that's her full statement, she's not even mentioning Cuomo. First of many?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I think we get legalized gambling now, that's how these Cuomo assault scandals work.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
gently caress does Cuomo care?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:rip:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
bye bitch, Cuomo's resigning in 14 days

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/dlevywnyt/status/1425127816597811208

e: fb, like... CUOMO APPARENTLY!?!?!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lmao

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1425127296852189184?s=21

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

good riddance

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yeah it's weird, the first 3/4 of the speech really seemed like it was leading up to "...and that's why I won't bow to the woke sjw mob" but nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
ripbozo