Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in asia server, and happy to report I just got sayu in 20 wishes! I'm happy, didnt want anyone else from the banner. good luck to everyone who is or isnt rolling

I do have some bad news about her passive... the crystalflies dont get scared by you walking, but if you grab one they'll start flying up again. pretty annoying since that's the only reason I pulled. It's easier to get them now but I was really hoping to totally trivialize them. I really hate farming them. I hope mihoyo fixes it in a patch, but I doubt it.

edit: also her roll is not really any faster than walking lol. very cute character with an interesting design. I really hope mihoyo designs more characters with unique mechanics. I wish sara had her wings out more often as well.

Mirello fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why are people down on Kokomi again?

personally, i have never liked her burst and this weird design they're trying that pushes you to use your healer as a selfish DPS for 10s windows.

it's obviously part a reaction to the do-nothing healers like Qiqi/Barb being disliked but i think what most people want out of them is more utility or team buffs rather than contributing with personal damage. even operating from this premise mihoyo has set, it seems like Kokomi isn't setting the world on fire damage-wise and has the typical healer issue of being energy starved with a high cost burst so her damage is hard to access anyway. there's other bits that chafe like her being unable to crit (i think this is interesting and incentivizes new play, but doesn't help her damage), having split scaling, and constellations that largely focus on her personal damage/pure healing (a blessing in disguise i suppose).

since i was never going to have my way of a differently designed burst, i think it'd just be nice to see unified scaling for her and maybe a burst tweak that lets you keep the bonus skill damage if she swaps, so more turret-focused play is possible. with her damage being mid-low it also seems like they could stand to ease off choking her energy generation. i wouldn't know what sort of utility/team buffing to ask for from her but adding some of that instead would also be welcome.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sayu is looking super fun/interesting... her hold E doesn't use stamina so you can really roll the whole duration every time.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 10, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mirello posted:

I'm in asia server, and happy to report I just got sayu in 20 wishes! I'm happy, didnt want anyone else from the banner. good luck to everyone who is or isnt rolling

I do have some bad news about her passive... the crystalflies dont get scared by you walking, but if you grab one they'll start flying up again. pretty annoying since that's the only reason I pulled. It's easier to get them now but I was really hoping to totally trivialize them. I really hate farming them. I hope mihoyo fixes it in a patch, but I doubt it.

edit: also her roll is not really any faster than walking lol. very cute character with an interesting design. I really hope mihoyo designs more characters with unique mechanics. I wish sara had her wings out more often as well.

Can you kill pigeons with a claymore? TImmy's pigeons need a new way to die.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The main sayu tech that looks interesting is using Xiangling's burst then spinning counterclockwise. People have claimed they can get ~40% more Xiangling hits that way. Sayu will be activating Venerer this whole time as well.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Healing bad, DPS good.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/0v0_SRTM/status/1425039119311273987?s=19

They never saw it coming.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Can you kill pigeons with a claymore? TImmy's pigeons need a new way to die.

obviously someone can c/d now, but the wording on her passive has always been pretty clear that it would be stuff like crystalflies/lizards/frogs

Aloy has a passive to calm small meat animals that should apply to pigeons and the little fox creatures etc.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Her skill is fine but her ult wants you to be an on field dps while scaling with hp% and akt%. Both of those scale additively to each other and most sources provide one of the two but not both, expect sub stats. So you have to grind hard to do some very mediocre damage output when you could just drop her skill, ignore her ult and switch off.

They have buffed her already and I heard more buffs are coming so maybe her ult will be worth using beyond just being a refresh for her skill.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The part that's really discouraging about Kokomi is that her Q damage - the only part of her kit you can actually build around - goes up 40% or so with her first constellation. The other discouraging part is that beta testers are happy with her and think it would be a balance issue if she were competitive with any other damage dealers during her 70 energy 10 second duration Q.

The truth is that the jellyfish's application is so good for Ayaka and Ayaka's normal attack damage is low enough that she still could still fit there with Rosaria/Kazuha it just doesn't feel great.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 10, 2021

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Ytlaya posted:

It took leaving it on this screen many hours a day for weeks/months (including leaving it on overnight) before actually causing burn-in. I think you would have to play Genshin Impact for hours a day over a really long time to potentially run into issues. It's the sort of thing I probably wouldn't worry about with a game unless it's an MMO you play like 4+ hours a day or something.

Speaking of which, the game looks gorgeous on an OLED. The OLED TV is hands down the most worthwhile expensive electronic thing I've ever purchased, and all the bright colors in this game take advantage of it.

That's very helpful, thanks. I hope it is understandable that while I want to play the game, I'm naturally leery about burning a UserID number into a $3000+ TV. It's really not one of those things where even a fairly small risk is worth it. At the same time, I am admittedly jonesing to play it on a big screen.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

However Saya is moving there, is adorable but I gotta wait for Baal.

Crystal Marrow is a renewable resource, right? I panicked because I almost put it in the para...the item changer and I wasn't sure if I needed a certain amount to fulfill a quest.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It comes back. It's an ascension material for Sayu.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and Aloy, so stock up

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Do blue leylines just drop those xp books? If so, how many? Is it worth the resin cost or should I just farm artifacts/talent mats?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the blue ones are for exp. if you want to level characters, at a certain point you won't have any choice but to farm the exp leylines

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

personally, i have never liked her burst and this weird design they're trying that pushes you to use your healer as a selfish DPS for 10s windows.

it's obviously part a reaction to the do-nothing healers like Qiqi/Barb being disliked but i think what most people want out of them is more utility or team buffs rather than contributing with personal damage. even operating from this premise mihoyo has set, it seems like Kokomi isn't setting the world on fire damage-wise and has the typical healer issue of being energy starved with a high cost burst so her damage is hard to access anyway. there's other bits that chafe like her being unable to crit (i think this is interesting and incentivizes new play, but doesn't help her damage), having split scaling, and constellations that largely focus on her personal damage/pure healing (a blessing in disguise i suppose).

since i was never going to have my way of a differently designed burst, i think it'd just be nice to see unified scaling for her and maybe a burst tweak that lets you keep the bonus skill damage if she swaps, so more turret-focused play is possible. with her damage being mid-low it also seems like they could stand to ease off choking her energy generation. i wouldn't know what sort of utility/team buffing to ask for from her but adding some of that instead would also be welcome.

Also the fact that her "dps stance" burst forces her to stay on the field means as a support character she's not really going to be useful in your team without heavy investment. She doesn't bring much utility other than damage, and her damage is exclusive and prevents you from using other characters. So if your brand-new Kokomi does less damage in her burst than your already leveled and well-geared party, her burst becomes worse than doing nothing at all. Depending on how strong your party is, you'll have to dump tons and tons of resin into her before she's able to contribute stuff other than healing. That makes her less appealing to roll for for people who just want a cool new healer.

But if she hits hard enough and you can feed her enough energy she'll be the first great hydro vaporize main dps. Hydro-on-pyro vape gets a better damage multiplier than pyro-on-hydro and unlike Childe she has fewer, higher-damage hits so she can actually abuse it.

I bet Kokomi/Xiang/Bennett/Anemo (or maybe Kokomi/Xiang/Baal/Anemo for the ultimate battery power) will be a great vaporize team.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do blue leylines just drop those xp books? If so, how many? Is it worth the resin cost or should I just farm artifacts/talent mats?

You get a ton of blue and purple xp books from chests, quests, and temporary events. Ley lines are the main/only(?) infinitely renewable source of them but they're kind of crap in terms of efficiency so if you have enough books for the moment you're better off spending resin on other stuff.

Same applies to mora and gold leylines.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kokomi can only vaporize every third hit so I just can't ever imagine it being as good as vaporizing every Xiangling hit. It's also very difficult to battery both of them, you might need literally Raiden.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Only every third hit? :psyduck:
why, Mihoyo, why...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Only every third hit? :psyduck:
why, Mihoyo, why...
That's standard - in normal cases ICD is tracked separately per ability and only resets every third hit or every 2.5 seconds (whichever comes sooner). Childe's application is only so good because of his riptides.

A good number of characters are given exceptions to this rule - Hu Tao charge attack, Ganyu arrow, and Xiangling burst most famously (no surprise that these were the highest theoretical damage comps for a long time).

Yoimiya got completely screwed though. Her Q follows normal ICD rules meaning that if you vaporize the first firework and then trigger the second one after 2 seconds but before 2.5 seconds have elapsed it won't vaporize/melt/overload.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
All the iron coins for Treasure Area 10 are at the bottom of the mine, to save some running around for people.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Terrible news: Ayaka's special dash makes the treasure-seeking seelie disappear until you pop back out of the ground

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Exp and mora leylines are also useful if you want a productive place to dump a day's worth of resin, but you don't really wanna think about planning out the timing for who needs what macguffin on which day, and you've already crafted all 5 of your allowable condensed resin. Another underappreciated utility of leylines is that the mobs you face will tend to drop a fuckton enemy materials (insignias, arrowheads, nectars, etc). Sometimes I'll run all 6 available leyline nodes even if I don't have resin to spend, just because it's nice to get triple the normal amount of mob drops when farming.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she's too powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4eExO5R4ss

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

Exp and mora leylines are also useful if you want a productive place to dump a day's worth of resin, but you don't really wanna think about planning out the timing for who needs what macguffin on which day, and you've already crafted all 5 of your allowable condensed resin. Another underappreciated utility of leylines is that the mobs you face will tend to drop a fuckton enemy materials (insignias, arrowheads, nectars, etc). Sometimes I'll run all 6 available leyline nodes even if I don't have resin to spend, just because it's nice to get triple the normal amount of mob drops when farming.

To expand on this what mobs are at which Leyline are entirely static, so while which one is active to start is RNG the mobs you are going to fight and the route the Leyline follows to spawn afterward is set. So you can plan around it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The KM stream tonight was basically "No, I don't want to play Yoimiya. Sayu is pure joy" and went on for hours trying weird stuff with her. She's great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I got a lucky Sayu with a 10-pull and yeah, she seems very fun (even if I have gently caress all resources/artis to build her with since I didn't expect to get her)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I wonder if KM will make a video telling people not to roll sayu because she's an anemo traveler sidegrade.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Terrible news: Ayaka's special dash makes the treasure-seeking seelie disappear until you pop back out of the ground
The sound still happens though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm glad to see that Sayu is becoming an instant hit with people. Looking forward to the mathcrafting, who knows maybe she'll be a respectable damage dealer on top of being a fun anemo healer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm suspecting that you want to go EM/EM/EM even at c0 if you care about damage. Will have to see how it works out though not sure yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some combination of Sayu/orbital and AOE bursts/Raiden for pure spinning death

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Xiang sayu raiden just pinballing all over the place knocking enemies every which way with constant overload explosions

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

How are people having so many problems collecting crystalflies that a character passive making them not fly away when you walk up is seen as a big deal?

Hell, I make a big batch of all the elemental dmg/def potions every couple of weeks and usually 2 condensed resin daily and never come close to running low just snagging them here and there as I run by doing commissions and ore runs and such. AFAIK they're not used for leveling any characters or weapons either, so a large quantity shouldn't really be needed for anything?

Granted, I only play on PC. I guess other platforms they may behave differently.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 10, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got Sayu about 20 pulls in after getting a C7 Ning, two Dionas (C6/C7) and a Yanfei C5. Not gonna risk it for her C1, being so close to guaranteed pity and I want Baal for Eula. Also got a Jean C1 from the standard banner with Sayu's level up wishes which was a nice bonus.

She's super fun to play, rolling around is rad.

sushibandit posted:

How are people having so many problems collecting crystalflies that a character passive making them not fly away when you walk up is seen as a big deal?

Hell, I make a big batch of all the elemental dmg/def potions every couple of weeks and usually 2 condensed resin daily and never come close to running low just snagging them here and there as I run by doing commissions and ore runs and such. AFAIK they're not used for leveling any characters or weapons either, so a large quantity shouldn't really be needed for anything?
I don't know if you're on PC/Mobile but on PC/Mobile they fly upwards once startled which is a huge pain. On PS4/PS5 they stay pretty much ground level once they fly off.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I tried doing a 10-pull for Sayu, but it just tells me that there's no space left in my inventory.... but none of them are full?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have over 800 crystal cores and would still say the flies are annoying and there are definitely areas where you lose out on some because they spook (Guyun domain sometimes, the Winery Statue of Seven etc)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've gone from 600 to 500 crystalflies in the past month or so. If you stop farming ore as religiously your supply goes down a lot. It's too bad that there arent crystalflies along any artifact route paths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I never understand the crystalfly frustration. You only need to grab an average of 5 a day. I don't actively farm them, but I do grab them when I see them and have a comfortable supply.

Like, I know it's more annoying on mobile, but surely there are 5 crystalfly spawns in the entire game that are trivial to do.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 10, 2021