Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It was just odd how Peacemaker and Bloodsport's "power" is that in their hands, anything is a deadly weapon, but they just kill people with weapons. They don't do any Bullseye stuff. Like, I'm not a good shot or a trained knife fighter, but in my hands, knives and guns are deadly weapons too. Like, legally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I liked that they're practical and not killing people with a slinkee.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Edit: Peacemaker killed someone with a piece of toilet

Vintersorg posted:

Most women do not care about height at all. Just don't aim out of your range or do, who cares. Just be confident and funny.

In Twistedmentat's defense the very small percentage of women shallow enough to care about men's physical features seem to often pop up on TV while mic'd. It's kinda like the large contingent of men who seem incapable of forming their own opinions and default to "large breasts and blonde" taking nothing else into consideration. We get told what we're supposed to find attractive our whole lives and the dullards just follow along while the rest of us discover our innate love for personalities.

Basically Twisty's gotta stop chasing dullards, they'll never appreciate you buddy.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 10, 2021

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Halloween Jack posted:

It was just odd how Peacemaker and Bloodsport's "power" is that in their hands, anything is a deadly weapon, but they just kill people with weapons. They don't do any Bullseye stuff.

I mean dude shot a bullet out of the air with another bullet, that's pretty loving impressive.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
They never miss and even do some no-look kills. That's literally Bullseye stuff.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
There are lots of comic book characters who canonically have zero powers except “shoot gud” or “pumch good” and their actual power is plot armor, and that is 100% fine imo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

He wasn't creating them from nothing he was using the little blocks on his costume. That said, watching it I was thinking "I could make any object a weapon too if I had magic nanotech thingies on my body that seemingly let me form whatever objects I want". Whatever though, it was cool when he made it all into the big gun.

It did look cool but it was just there, so it was weird.

And maybe i sould mention that this poo poo comes from more than just "I feel insecure about my height" but how that caused me to be an easy target of physical abuse from other kids. Like if an adult did the stuff that happened to me to another adult, it would be taken as a serious crime, but because i was little kid height for a long time, i was just easy to toss down a flight of stairs or tied to a tree in the park.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Edit: Peacemaker killed someone with a piece of toilet

In Twistedmentat's defense the very small percentage of women shallow enough to care about men's physical features seem to often pop up on TV while mic'd. It's kinda like the large contingent of men who seem incapable of forming their own opinions and default to "large breasts and blonde" taking nothing else into consideration. We get told what we're supposed to find attractive our whole lives and the dullards just follow along while the rest of us discover our innate love for personalities.

Basically Twisty's gotta stop chasing dullards, they'll never appreciate you buddy.

Yea with women it never really was a problem, i have had women turn me down due to being short, but that never bothered me outside of the moment.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Accept shortness by consuming heads like a preying mantis, easy enough.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dragonshirt posted:

They never miss and even do some no-look kills. That's literally Bullseye stuff.
I guess "They're very very good at killing people with guns and knives" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
And axes and slingshots and a flail of some sort, at least.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
You forgot Peacemaker has the power of being dope as gently caress

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve known plenty of short dudes who loved to explain away their inability to get dates as some grand height bias conspiracy, but 99% of the time their own complexes and insecurities about their height had far more to do with it.

Just be comfortable and accept your own body type and if someone gives you grief about it then they aren’t worth your time anyway. Danny DeVito is 4’10” and he was married for 40 years, you sub-5’10”ers will be fine.

I assume you have a girlfriend, then?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
This thread is developing overpoweringly dreadful vibes so height chat is done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

This thread is developing overpoweringly dreadful vibes so height chat is done.

what about dongs, can we still talk about that

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You can talk about comic movies. One just came out. Don't talk about why you don't like comedians or anything weird about people's bodies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

You can talk about comic movies. One just came out. Don't talk about why you don't like comedians or anything weird about people's bodies.

Excuse me sir but in a particular comic book movie there is a scene where the eye of the viewer is expressly directed to gaze upon the size of John Cena's package.

Edit: Joel Kinneman just did an interview and even he can't shut up about that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, I liked how TSS was very straightforwardly anti-US.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Where's the ratcatcher limited series HBO max?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:hmmyes:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Where's the ratcatcher limited series HBO max?

She's too wholesome for HBO Max.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Arist posted:

Anyway, I liked how TSS was very straightforwardly anti-US.

Gunn wearing his politics on his sleeve for this one was both surprising and great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elba just gonna keep doing comic/game movies forever now

https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1425174698007138305?s=21

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm sorry, what

e: Holy poo poo, they did it, they made Knuckles black

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
OOOOOHHH SHHHIIIIIIIIIIT!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Quote is not Edit: Knuckles has dreads so if he's not Black he's "that guy", and "that guy" sucks so yeah Knuckles is Black.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm not even a fan of Sonic, but :eyepop:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Queuing up some Stringer Bell audio clips for when the Sonic 2 trailer drops.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Arist posted:

I'm sorry, what

e: Holy poo poo, they did it, they made Knuckles black

He always has been.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vince MechMahon posted:

He always has been.

Of course, sorry for implying otherwise

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Catching up with this thread and the precise thing people are criticizing Suicide Squad for, a lack of "heart" found in the GoTG movies, is precisely what I like about this movie and why I rate it better than them. The abundance of easily found sentimentality and quickly categorized family moments from supposedly cutthroat but never mean mercenaries is a flaw I think, which is not found here. People die, you don't know what's going to happen, and things don't end in a hug. I liked that, and it reminded me of alot of 70s action movies I like.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Open up the door it's real, it's the non stop pop pop of fist nipple steel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shageletic posted:

Catching up with this thread and the precise thing people are criticizing Suicide Squad for, a lack of "heart" found in the GoTG movies, is precisely what I like about this movie and why I rate it better than them. The abundance of easily found sentimentality and quickly categorized family moments from supposedly cutthroat but never mean mercenaries is a flaw I think, which is not found here. People die, you don't know what's going to happen, and things don't end in a hug. I liked that, and it reminded me of alot of 70s action movies I like.

The issue with this take is twofold: first, I don't think these movies can really work without an emotional hook. Second, the movie actually does have that "heart," it's Ratcatcher.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vince MechMahon posted:

He always has been.

much like Piccolo.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
are you charles

https://twitter.com/CharlesPulliam/status/1425180007970840577?s=20

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What about when piccolo was James Marsters was that black face???

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Arist posted:

The issue with this take is twofold: first, I don't think these movies can really work without an emotional hook. Second, the movie actually does have that "heart," it's Ratcatcher.

Seriously. Movie ended with Ratcatcher napping on King Shark and Milton petting Sebastion despite his phobia. I guess it's "technically' not a hug, but it's drat close.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

What about when piccolo was James Marsters was that black face???

We do not talk about that movie here. Or anywhere.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tangentially related but I always thought it was cool that Marsters went on to voice a character in Dragon Ball Super as a form of "penance" or what-have-you

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Gonna be real weird hearing Idris Elba’s voice coming out of a whatever the hell Knuckles is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Arist posted:

I put "heart" in quotes because I wasn't talking about an emotional connection. I'm talking about the cookie cutter emotional shortcut so blockbusters do, from GoTG (which I found was better done in the sequel) to the first SS (how quickly did those folks start talking about it?) to every F & F sequel. When in doubt, say these disparate and very different people are a new family, established over a couple scenes of talking about backstories.

Emotional connections can still be made in my very subjective metric. I liked Ratcactcher's background exposition because its interesting on its own and really tells who the character is and what they want. And I like Bloodsport responding to it because like any father will tell you, talking about kids is a very real way for them to feel too many feelings.