Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I've got to DIY fix the guest toilet before family shows up at the end of the month and the plumbers I've reached out to are booked solid until after that :shepface:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

rotor posted:

bidets: are people who dont use them disgusting? lets open up the floor to some conversation

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
timely:
https://twitter.com/EricIdle/status/1425155902856843264
("tim" here is tim leary)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gross but also lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That would fit into the pattern of checking the cat thread, posting "drinking coffee" in the coffee thread, posting in the baseball/wrestling threads on the grayforums, and coming back here.

graph has completely abandoned his heritage and only informs the coffee thread of his heretic non coffee ways now

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

akadajet posted:

not as disgusting as your posts

oh please, my posts are flawless, like unto the diamonds of the Koh-i-noor

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

rotor posted:

oh please, my posts are flawless, like unto the diamonds of the Koh-i-noor

extracted by slave labor?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Stringent posted:

extracted by slave labor?

stolen by the british

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Nobody knows how the Koh-i-noor was mined or found but it wound up in Babur's hands at some point

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the cartoon elephant????

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

President Beep posted:

the cartoon elephant????

he's an imperialist op

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

the cartoon elephant????

Babur deez nuts!!!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

stolen by the british

dont forget the mughals stole it in the first place, we just dunno from who

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rotor posted:

stolen by the british

conquered half the world for spices then turned around and invented the toast sandwich

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

conquered half the world for spices then turned around and invented the toast sandwich

you gotta hand it to em tho, they did steal some right pretty rocks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

you gotta hand it to em

[puts hand to earpiece] hold on, I'm getting some new information on this ...

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kazinsal posted:

Don't forget the classic that is beans and toast.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Don't forget the classic that is beans and toast.

i'm not much of a fan of beans w/ breakfast, but the sauce they use on their beans is way different than in the states, so this is less distasteful than it sounds. still not a real meal as much as a side dish, but how different is it from red beans and rice

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I’ve done bbq beans and bread before and it was fine, good even

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the beans they serve w breakfast are like in a syrup sauce it’s sweet. foul and immoral cuisine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the empire on which the sun never sets: behold! the Full English Breakfast

united states: that's almost as big as the poo poo on top of my bloody mary, wow

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

foul and immoral cuisine
:hmmyes:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

irish breakfast rules. it's better than english because you always get the puddings. i like beans and toast and black pudding and all that stuff. it tastes good. it's nice to stay up all night and then have a pint and breakfast and watch the gaelic football finals or w/e

at least it was nice the last time i did it. i was a young man then, id probably just go to bed early and wake up early now. breakfast and a pint and sports still sounds good though

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
plus if you've got leftover potatoes in the fridge from the night before, then throw an egg and some seasoning in there and fry 'em up for more delicious carbs

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Stringent posted:

that sounds dismissive, i really do respect your opinion a lot. :(
Alright then, I will say one last thing on the subject and let it drop so the nerds can go back to their delightful discussion of figgies and "MEETINGS! MEETINGS! MEETINGS! AACK!"

When I say it's not your call, it isn't to say that you lack the capacity to form cogent opinions or lack insight or whatever. However, it does mean that as far as I am able to determine with the information I have on hand you are likely to be escape any impact or effect of what you are judging; my experience has led me to believe that it is, for you, an ephemeral moment with insufficient emotional impact or personal relevance to bear noticing its repetition—passively or, just as commonly, as the active choice of some poo poo-for-brains who doesn't care if attack helicopters are still clever as long as he can get a laugh from other poo poo-for-brains.

As I said just now, which bears repeating, an ephemeral moment, quickly half-forgotten, and not just another thread in a tapestry of bullshit cruelty that is woven day by day and hour by hour in the lives of those to whom you consider your experiences comparable enough to weigh in over their varyingly strident objections.

It's what I call a Ladybug's Dick: they know where it is, you probably don't. It is outside your area of direct experience. You don't get to tell the ladybug that their dick isn't a dick. I mean it's perfectly understandable and in no way blameworthy to not know which ladybug has or has not a dick. It's even not that bad to think "well that there particular ladybug doesn't seem like it has a dick," because, again, unless you're a ladybug or very specific and possibly pervy sort of entomologist, you simply lack the proper context, but when the ladybug says "um, actually I do," or "that's an ovipositor, weirdo" it is simply the best course of action to listen. And maybe apologize (a lady can be quite self-conscious about the size of her ovipositor after all).

All that said, things also don't have to rise to the level of hateful to be unacceptable. There are a great many things that have been said without using a handful of words that can be easily flagged but are still drenched in venom and a sneering contempt that cuts through you in a way that—even though at this point you're not my favorite person in the world—I hope you never experience.

And while I enjoy a sensible chuckle as much as the next bitch, there are certain subjects I have to take seriously as well as some I choose to, a lot of which falls into Chappelle's ouvre now that he's in the "have you ever seen a lobster fork... ON WEED?!?!'"/"it's not safe to perform at colleges any more 🥵" phase of his career, which I put onto being so long safely ensconced from the everyday existence of his audience that the only common ground remaining is "being lovely about things"

Anywho, none of this is strictly my fault. I was once bitten on the moors by a creature half-human, half-chihuaha and the trembling moon approaches...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the best is the italian breakfast, a shot of espresso and two aspirin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ellie trashcakes is good, funny, and intelligent

bless

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump_fn posted:

the best is the italian breakfast, a shot of espresso and two aspirin

the breakfast of champions

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
poo poo sorry i hosed up

espresso two aspirin and a cigarette

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

so reading the past 2 pages made my eyes glaze over and gave me a headache so gently caress whatever youre talking about now im here to derail it

i started writing this post without actually having anything to derail it with so
uh
hmm

what do you typically do with your old hard drives when you replace them in your NAS with newer, bigger ones
it seems like a waste to just have them sitting in anti-static bags for all eternity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
few rounds of 9mm in the back yard

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

few rounds of 9mm in the back yard

i said your hard drives not your escaped homunculi

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean what size are we talkin about. and how many hours

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
violence usually

altho not gun violence. its p hard to reenact that scene from office space w really miniaturized dealios but i try

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

i said your hard drives not your escaped homunculi

no no, that's what the 5.56 is for

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

one-pass overwrite, and take them to ewaste disposal

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean what size are we talkin about. and how many hours

2TB
keep in mind i am a broke uni student so playing frisbee with them or putting them in a tumble dryer to see what happens counts as "a waste"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

hbag posted:

what do you typically do with your old hard drives when you replace them in your NAS with newer, bigger ones

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Use a 50 cal hbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

ellie trashcakes is good, funny, and intelligent

bless