Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

you’d think he’d have access to better tattoo artists

means-tested access to ink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Laterite posted:

means-tested access to ink

It's not ink that's lacking, but talent. For the best, though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that was the best tattoo artist in long island city

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

indigi posted:

you’d think he’d have access to better tattoo artists

his other tats are as bad if not worse

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the funniest thing pete davidson has ever been involved on is when a barstool douche said he had butthole eyes and his girlfriend got on social media and defended him

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

do butthole eyes look like buttholes suggest a fondness for buttholes or is the meaning more abstract

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How the gently caress are all if Jackie Chans films pre 1999 so amazing

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Some Guy TT posted:

do butthole eyes look like buttholes suggest a fondness for buttholes or is the meaning more abstract

dark circles and sunken eyes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

easily some of the most fun action movies. recent martial arts films are so dour

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I beg you to watch any Stephen Chow martial arts film

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spuckuk posted:

I beg you to watch any Stephen Chow martial arts film
Love Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, definitely his peak. God of Cookery and King of Comedy are also good. Too bad he has some mean-spirited jabs at a recurring trans character in all his films, despite generally wholesome themes.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Stairmaster posted:

it’s easy to produce unmitigated gold if your producers let you do the style of filmmaking where you spend 8 months shooting a single fight scene

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Starro was the most effective cape movie big-bad I've seen in a while. There was something primally uncomfortable about how it looked and behaved. Lovecraftian, even.

___

Suicide Squad was also very slick American imperial propaganda:

* the beach scene is just The Bay of Pigs... except this time it works because there's another one

* the whole island in general is just Cuba, loving come on, right down to the need for "free and fair elections"

* the movie explicitly states that "anti-Americanism" is bad and wrong and dangerous

* the Squad kills off the camp full of resistance fighters because they're too stupid to verify their intel, which is a thing that actually happens, but not only does the movie presume that there's enough of them to still be able to do a coup, the movie also brushes it off with the rebels still working with the Squad anyway just because "our interests are [still] aligned"

* yes, America wants to do all sorts of war crimey experiments, and it even off-shores it just so that they have plausible deniability, but boo-hoo some people feel real bad about it and want to stop it, so that makes it okay

* but the movie doesn't even make it okay either! in the end, Bloodsport STILL doesn't spill the means on the lab, and rationalizes it by saying "well, we need this to stay alive, and we already did violate orders and save the city, you can't have everything!"

I loved it, I laughed very hard at it, and Nanaue owns. I'm just really also Epstein-brained.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/snopes/status/1424823808561668100

thank u snopes for setting the record straight

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1424890890951307265

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sorkin Libed too close to the sun.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HootTheOwl posted:

Sorkin Libed too close to the sun.

Sorkin was behind "The Trial of the Chicago 7"

the mini-series about the Central Park Five was "When They See Us", which was written and directed by Ava DuVernay

Serf
May 5, 2011

oh yeah one more suicide squad note. did anybody else find it weird that there were so many women in the corto maltese military forces? it felt very "hire more women guards" but maybe latin american militaries have more women soldiers and i'm just ignorant

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

let me show you how not racist and completely stupid i am by shining a brilliant spotlight on how racist and completely stupid i was

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sorkin was behind "The Trial of the Chicago 7"

the mini-series about the Central Park Five was "When They See Us", which was written and directed by Ava DuVernay

That's a solid Oof on my part.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A bunch of the biggest writers and artists are leaving DC and Marvel to start self publishing comics through or with Substack.

Naturally comic book fans are melting down because substack allows "right wing writers" onto its platform. Are these comic writers and artists secret homophobes, transphobes, and racists?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

anyone whos not a loving idiot should have left the major publishers decades ago and the only reason they havent is because right wingers have historically been the ones most vocal about how this is indisputedly the superior financial move a fact which has repeatedly been weaponized by the major publishers to suggest anyone who would dare strike out on their own is a bad person

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

anyone whos not a loving idiot should have left the major publishers decades ago and the only reason they havent is because right wingers have historically been the ones most vocal about how this is indisputedly the superior financial move a fact which has repeatedly been weaponized by the major publishers to suggest anyone who would dare strike out on their own is a bad person

It is all insane. Most of these writers are lgbtq+ or poc themselves.

It feels like performance pearl clutching about nothing. Oh substack is bad, but disney is good? Come on.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

A bunch of the biggest writers and artists are leaving DC and Marvel to start self publishing comics through or with Substack.

Naturally comic book fans are melting down because substack allows "right wing writers" onto its platform. Are these comic writers and artists secret homophobes, transphobes, and racists?

it's because they won't be writing/drawing their men/women in tights anymore, that's it
capeshit worshipers are probably the worst comic book fan group

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
really, it would explain a lot if none of the writers etc even want to be "the guys who handle garfield for jim davis" but with superheroes.

e: granted, there are people who self publish webcomics and manage to live on the income. i mean yeah, gunnerkrigg and k6bd are both amazing and a high bar to meet. but i hear megatoyko is still around?

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 19:49 on Aug 10, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
haha

https://twitter.com/Grant_Marek/status/1424420703604940801?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

really, it would explain a lot if none of the writers etc even want to be "the guys who handle garfield for jim davis" but with superheroes.

e: granted, there are people who self publish webcomics and manage to live on the income. i mean yeah, gunnerkrigg and k6bd are both amazing and a high bar to meet. but i hear megatoyko is still around?

it was possible to do self publishing profitably even before the internet but yeah people still making a living off of bad online comics they started for kicks and giggles twenty years ago is the single most obvious indicator that anyone with name recognition and talent who willingly works for marvel and dc at this point is just a huge sucker whose only real reward is brand association

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
if you make as much or less money than noted hack Arryn Diaz you’ve done hosed up

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

The White Lotus picked up for a 2nd season with new cast in a new location hell yea hope it’s as good as this season

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

The White Lotus picked up for a 2nd season with new cast in a new location hell yea hope it’s as good as this season

i like that show but it seems like it will be hard to follow up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

that's...interesting. but i like steve zahn :(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Whoever recommended The White Lotus, thank you. I started watching it yesterday and it's very good.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Shikima_King_/status/1425176315494158338

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the big draw is that all the workers are actors pretending to be star wars characters lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah he had a website/blog he would post pictures from parties he went to. Surprise the guy who got his start in Troma films is a huge edge lord. You should check out his deleted tweets too.

All that was part of the reason he was originally fired from disney.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah he had a website/blog he would post pictures from parties he went to. Surprise the guy who got his start in Troma films is a huge edge lord. You should check out his deleted tweets too.

All that was part of the reason he was originally fired from disney.

I didn't realize that all this stuff was part of it. I thought he got cut from Disney solely off the edgy tweets.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I didn't realize that all this stuff was part of it. I thought he got cut from Disney solely off the edgy tweets.

Yeah the euringer at the party thing came up too but the party was before the allegations and gunn had met him after the relationship.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

if i can't gently caress a twi'lek/stormtrooper/c3po then what's the POINT

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm all for fun and games but "Pedophile Themed Party" is too drat much.

Like, c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I could see it coming organically from a wholesome place of mockery, but much like Cards Against Humanity and its various problematic prompts and answers, tread with extreme loving caution and have an exit strategy.