Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Right-wing politics are an existential threat to humanity. The game being played is to see if the rest of humanity can survive whatever destroys them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Orthanc6 posted:

Right-wing politics are an existential threat to humanity. The game being played is to see if the rest of humanity can survive whatever destroys them.

They all said it from the start when it was first popping off "Why do I care? I'll be dead when the consequences of my actions arrive"

Notice how they don't say that anymore? It's because all across the world - children of these fucks all stared at their callous father brazenly telling his spawn "gently caress you and your future generations"

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/bitcoin-mining-black-rock-petroleum-company-1.6106978

quote:

Up to one million mining machines, or rigs, entering Alberta would represent a significant chunk of China's prior total mining capacity, experts say, with major impacts in energy consumption in the province. 

Alex de Vries, a researcher and economist who runs the cryptocurrency analytics website Digiconomist, said the move to Alberta would represent a multi-billion dollar investment using fossil fuels as a power source.

Cool, cool, just using fossil fuels to make crypto trash. I wonder why they chose Alberta :allears:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Syfe posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/bitcoin-mining-black-rock-petroleum-company-1.6106978

Cool, cool, just using fossil fuels to make crypto trash. I wonder why they chose Alberta :allears:

"World's on fire and BC's an unlivable hellscape? Time to burn more fossil fuels!"-Alberta, every day for the past decade. Really not sure why this is news, to be honest.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilkinson-climate-report-1.6135502

I can't tell if I want to laugh or cry.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/TheEagleist/status/1424907135952068614

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Hi I’m the outreach worker from a week or three ago.

Hamilton city counsel voted last night to end the encampment protocol I posted about before, 10-2. No idea what’s going to happen moving forward in terms of the city’s plans for encampment evictions, etc.

It’s chaos for my team this morning, nobody has any idea what’s going on. It will probably be status quo for a few weeks and then we will see what happens after.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Seriously my first reaction was that it was a Beaver / Walking Eagle article.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Capital Letdown posted:

Hamilton city counsel voted last night to end the encampment protocol I posted about before, 10-2. No idea what’s going to happen moving forward in terms of the city’s plans for encampment evictions, etc.

It’s chaos for my team this morning, nobody has any idea what’s going on. It will probably be status quo for a few weeks and then we will see what happens after.

I'm sorry to hear that, best of luck out there.

Toronto has fenced off the parks where the encampments were and has tens of security guards on site 24/7. This is clearly an excellent use of our funds, and ensures that no one at all can use the parks, an entirely sane response to the complaints about the encampments.

Oh, and we now have signs that say it's illegal to erect a structure or tent in the parks we can't access.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1425109009477120010

w-wwwhatt

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

That's just standard "China bad, here's a common justification to make us look good" talk that is more likely to come from opposition parties because the risk of backlash from the chinese gov't is pretty low.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Guess there was a real eye popping article in the Epoch Times this week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Capital Letdown posted:

I'm so sorry this happened and that it was probably John Tory's bullshit eviction strategy that drove it.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

China is committing genocide and wrongfully imprisoning our citizens. This leaves us no choice but to consider the difficult decision of not playing in gym class with them any more

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/ianfroese/status/1425118732926521358?s=21

Pallister retirement inbound

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Let's boycott all olympics as an abusive waste of money and time.

Bring back the worker's olympiad.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

pokeyman posted:

Let's boycott all olympics as an abusive waste of money and time.

Bring back the worker's olympiad.

Yes comrade.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm hoping for either Pallister retires, or he goes "lol just kidding about lifting the mandate, it's back on as of midnight" after the business owners started drawing their knives.

I keep asking myself what the worst possible thing he could announce would be. He declares himself Premier-for-life or announces that Manitoba Hydro has been sold to whatever O&G company Kenney is in bed with, probably.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

The red river is being diverted to California so they can make snow for ski season

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Randalor posted:

"World's on fire and BC's an unlivable hellscape? Time to burn more fossil fuels!"-Alberta, every day for the past decade. Really not sure why this is news, to be honest.

Just started a book on Alberta's energy industry written in 2007. Interesting opening lines:

Stupid to the Last Drop: How Alberta is Bringing Environmental Armageddon to Canada (and Doesn't Seem to Care) posted:

Manley L. Natland was sitting alone in the southern desert of Saudi Arabia when an extraordinary idea popped into his head.

It was the end of a long day, and Natland was watching the sun set. Wrapped in thought and a Bedouin turban, the American geologist contemplated the climax to nature's magic hour. "It looked like a huge orange-red fireball sinking gradually into the earth." Natland later wrote in his diary.His mind wandered, and the display of the sun's explosion of light caused his thoughts to take a sinister and disturbing turn along the following lines: sun, heat, 15 million degrees Celcius, energy, thermonuclear weapons. And then the idea struck.

Why not nuke Alberta?

Disturbing amount of chatter about how nuclear winter might actually be helpful and buy us some time. If it's spun it as a job creation exercise maybe Alberta will not only volunteer as a test bed but also subsidize it?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I'm pretty sure that spreading airborn particulates in the high latitudes is going to happen at some point in the next 30 years. There's already trial experiements happening and there are ways to do it that would probably minimize negative side effects. Terrible that is got to this and huge moral hazard for kicking the can down the road again, but probably needed at this point.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol so Dubé's vaccine passport announcement today was interrupted by an antivaxxer protester who broke into the media room and started shouting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClaraLoiseauJDM/status/1425152625847242754

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress ANTI-VAXXERS.

I say DO treat them like second class citizens. gently caress these plague rats.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Noblesse Obliged posted:

The red river is being diverted to California so they can reduce the price of almonds by four cents a pound

there we go

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Noblesse Obliged posted:

The red river is being diverted to California so they can make snow for ski season

I haven't seen the Red lately but the Assiniboine River is running dry, it's loving crazy.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Randalor posted:

I keep asking myself what the worst possible thing he could announce would be.

"I am stepping down effective immediately, please welcome to the mic Premier Goertzen"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Regions in Alberta, Manitoba reporting lowest vaccination rates across Canada.

This is my shocked face, I tell you.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Randalor posted:

I'm hoping for either Pallister retires, or he goes "lol just kidding about lifting the mandate, it's back on as of midnight" after the business owners started drawing their knives.

I keep asking myself what the worst possible thing he could announce would be. He declares himself Premier-for-life or announces that Manitoba Hydro has been sold to whatever O&G company Kenney is in bed with, probably.

https://twitter.com/BabyDuckCEO/status/1425189133014781953?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It's incredibly frustrating because as a province Manitoba has the highest full vaccination rate in Canada, but the RM of Stanley is just loving dragging everyone else down.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I won't believe it unless somebody is moving all of his US President dolls into the Premier's office.

And Pallister is retiring going into the next election. Don't let the door hit your rear end on the way to Costa Rica fuckhead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hes not seeking reelection

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh, his personal account is still active.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I definitely feel ways about anti-vaxxers at this point.

I get that it's ethically unacceptable to hold them down and forcibly administer a medical treatment but I'll be damned if it's not really, really loving tempting.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

PT6A posted:

I definitely feel ways about anti-vaxxers at this point.

I get that it's ethically unacceptable to hold them down and forcibly administer a medical treatment but I'll be damned if it's not really, really loving tempting.

We did and continue to do that to all kinds of people. We’re just asking to do it to where people this time.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

InfiniteZero posted:

I won't believe it unless somebody is moving all of his US President dolls into the Premier's office.

And Pallister is retiring going into the next election. Don't let the door hit your rear end on the way to Costa Rica fuckhead.

Sounds like he's going to step down as soon as the PC party performs the blood ritual and selects a new leader.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Noblesse Obliged posted:

We did and continue to do that to all kinds of people. We’re just asking to do it to where people this time.

Very true. It's not ethically acceptable in those cases either, but people do it anyway (in the absence of any reasonable justification, no less).

It's frustrating that this is where we draw the line in the sand.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

Sounds like he's going to step down as soon as the PC party performs the blood ritual and selects a new leader.

Yeah he started by saying he won't seek re-election but then mentioned about choosing a new leader and was talking about how he would leave part way through the mandate so he's not sticking around.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress off Pallister forever. You loving scumbag. gently caress you and your entire party. gently caress your existence. Maggot.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
gently caress you Pallister - "scandal free government" lmao

If Goertzen becomes leader I think that basically guarantees the Cons get shut out of Winnipeg in the next election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

How do I throw my name in the ring for candidate? My name is European enough and I'm a pudgy white guy. If I can subvert the system for the good of the people, I'm willing to condemn my soul.