Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't believe Ultimo Guerrero decided that AAA suing itself out of international broadcasting needed to be one-up'd by destroying CMLL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

There were rumors Soberano was unhappy when Chavo Lutteroth was cutting wrestler pay. There's a Twitter account people think is the guy who hosts CMLL Informa and it was talking trash about Soberano

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So the roster really is just dads and cat fighters now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

Supposedly About Sports > Punchsport Pagoda > Lucha Libre: Really Just Dads and Cat Fighters Now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1425213686050852864

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

coconono posted:

Where does Blue Panther fit in this dichotomy?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

Where does Blue Panther fit in this dichotomy?

A lucha cat dad fighter. Similar to a foo fighter but but with better music.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

coconono posted:

But they lost the coolest cat

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

AAA youtube channel streaming old Triplemanias and other events right now. https://youtu.be/h2gwz2ZtdGg

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Triplemania Question:
What's the deal with the referee in the women's title match? I watched a bit of AAA in 2020 and it seemed like that ref was loving with Faby back then as well. Except sometimes he was cheating on her behalf, which she didn't want. I'm surely missing a lot of the story but can someone give a short summary?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hijo del Tirantes is a heel referee and he's feuded with the Apache family for years. if he's refereeing a match he's gonna gently caress with the finish a little bit and mostly fast count against the other heels

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Hijo del Tirantes is a heel referee and he's feuded with the Apache family for years. if he's refereeing a match he's gonna gently caress with the finish a little bit and mostly fast count against the other heels

So he's a heel ref but especially heelish towards the Apache family?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mistico Pirata gone!
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1430636190152249348

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1430660307597266948?s=20

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1430663636335349761?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CMLL sure seems like it's gone off the rails

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1430686689366880259

Master Wato vacated the Lightweight belt nearly two years ago and they still haven't bothered crowning a new champion

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm surprised half of them have even been defended this year

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1430686689366880259

Master Wato vacated the Lightweight belt nearly two years ago and they still haven't bothered crowning a new champion

honestly considering they basically spent all of 2020 unable to promote shows that it's been vacant for that long really isnt a surprise

the real issue though is not being able to promote shows and the new owners being total assholes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If they care that little, why not let Wato keep the belt?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

If they care that little, why not let Wato keep the belt?

Nobody wants to be associated with Wato

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nonsense it's now Wato who is too good for CMLL

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wato and CMLL are exactly as good as each other.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like they could consolidate some of those weight class belts.

What a weird journey for Mistico. Came up in Mexico where there was another Mistico, headed to WWE as Sin Cara where they made him fight another Sin Cara, went to AAA where he can't use Mistico anymore so he has to be Myzteziz, lose that name too when he heads back to CMLL to be Caristico, then finally gets Mistico back. I want to see someone try to untangle the whole mess of other wrestlers using his names and gimmicks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

What a weird journey for Mistico. Came up in Mexico where there was another Mistico, headed to WWE as Sin Cara where they made him fight another Sin Cara, went to AAA where he can't use Mistico anymore so he has to be Myzteziz, lose that name too when he heads back to CMLL to be Caristico, then finally gets Mistico back. I want to see someone try to untangle the whole mess of other wrestlers using his names and gimmicks.

Also AAA has a Myzteziz Jr. who wasn't related to Myzteziz, just to continue the Inception-esque layers of confusing lore

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

So there is Mistico, who was Caristico, who was the first Myzteziz, who was the first Sin Cara and was the first CMLL Mistico. (It's hard to tell who was the first guy using the name Mistico in the aughts.) He is once again Mistico but I'll call him Caristico to be less confusing.

There is Mistico II who was Dragon Lee I who just left CMLL and will probably be Dralistico. He was given the Mistico gimmick after Caristico left. He is the brother of the current Dragon Lee who got the Dragon Lee gimmick after his brother became Mistico.

There is Cinta de Oro who was Sin Cara Negro and then became Sin Cara after Caristico left WWE. He was Mistico/Mystico in the aughts but it's unclear if he actually had the gimmick first. However Paco Alonso of CMLL had the rights to Mistico so Cinta de Oro had to change his name. He was Incognito on the American indies and was basically the slowest high flyer possible.

There is now Myzteziz Jr in AAA who has no relation to Caristico.

Also when Caristico left AAA they kept trying to gently caress with him by trademarking names he planned to use. So he leaked he was going to be "Mistic 2.0" to get AAA to trademark it while he went ahead with Caristico.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The lore of the istico

https://twitter.com/Casshooole/status/1431124827201589248?s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Its like CM Punk in Chicago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=turEIF262cU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mistico was super over last night in Arena Mexico which makes me really happy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Apparently CMLL will be getting a trio of women from Ice Ribbon at some point in the near future: Tsukushi Haruka, last in Mexico in February 2020, Nao Ishikawa who has only really been wrestling for a year and most notably Tsukasa Fujimoto, current ICE×∞ Champion, the ace of the promotion

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Heroes Inmortales is tonight with Lucha Bros vs Hijo Del Vikingo and Laredo Kid.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1446929293838364677?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ooooh, this'll be the first chance I'll have had to see Nueva Generación Dinamita since they jumped from CMLL.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Oil! posted:

Heroes Inmortales is tonight with Lucha Bros vs Hijo Del Vikingo and Laredo Kid.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1446929293838364677?s=20

Its live on twitch now and they have in addition to Jose and Hugo they have Octagon Jr on commentary

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Wait is this the bad Sexy Star or the new Sexy Star

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lid posted:

New, I think? Cubsfan said she was replaced.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MR IGUNA.

PIMPI!!!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Lid posted:

the new Sexy Star is the only Sexy Star, to clear up any confusion from here on out

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
airhorn levels are off the charts

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
trouble in clown town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This match has been 20 minutes of finisher spam

Rules