Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hell, I can't even watch dazed and confused without getting annoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

hawowanlawow posted:

Would you say that the movie makes you dazed and confused?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

hawowanlawow posted:

Ever try watching it... on weed, maaaan?

E: vvv tried that a while ago. It stinks and it's loving long as poo poo and the message is much dodgier than I remember.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Aug 10, 2021

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Grimdude posted:

Forrest Gump is such a poo poo movie. I never knew why when I was younger, but I knew then it was poo poo too.

I watched it as a kid and all the historical references meant nothing to me. I occasionally think that I should rewatch it as an adult, but never make it any further than that.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

christmas boots posted:

Personally I think it all stems from that depressing birthday handjob
So many of history's tragedies could have been averted with a little lube and a well-placed finger

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1425185447764955136

Famously unwoke property, Star Trek.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I keep forgeting that gorka is a real person and not just the guy who impersonates him on chapo.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
I’m an idiot on social media, and this is what I saw today

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Betazoid posted:

My godfather objected to Forrest Gump because it "glorified stupidity." I think he fell asleep during the part where Forrest is clearly identified as disabled and thought he was just dumb on purpose.

i don't remember much about my aunt but one thing i remembered is she hated that movie because Forrest just got handed things

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

I feel like it should be asked, which Robin came out as bisexual?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr Christmas posted:

I feel like it should be asked, which Robin came out as bisexual?

Tim Drake.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t know Walt would be extremely against government handouts

Just getting the cancer was enough anyway imo. Walt's a deeply prideful person that's been (from what we see in the pilot) effectively beaten into submission as a human being. Once he's been given that death sentence he's going off regardless of whether or not his hospital bills are paid for (he'd still want to leave them money after he died and all that)

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

So many of history's tragedies could have been averted with a little lube and a well-placed finger

Word

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Skwirl posted:

Tim Drake.

That's not surprising.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

OwlFancier posted:

I keep forgeting that gorka is a real person and not just the guy who impersonates him on chapo.

I don't believe you.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Forrest Gump is a dark comedy about how the American Dream is bullshit as illustrated by a developmentally challenged descendant of the first KKK Grand Wizard stumbling into being a millionaire war hero with no effort.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Dude hangs around another man all night without pants on, and somehow this news is hitting people by surprise.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Pancho Jueves posted:

Dude hangs around another man all night without pants on, and somehow this news is hitting people by surprise.

Pretty sure Tim Drake always had pants on his costume.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah drake is the 90s robin so he had a more modern look.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm just glad Drake is officially "Robin" again instead of the weird thing for a while when they made it so he was never officially a Robin, but instead "Red Robin" for no good reason.

I honestly feel like the whole Bat family should be bi. Bruce, Dick, Jason, Selina. All of 'em.

Hellblazer187 has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Aug 10, 2021

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I haven't seen Forrest Gump since I was eleven or so. I'm sure a lot of it went over my head. I'm a little curious as to how it looks to me now.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/theartpencil1/status/1424762562847989761?s=21

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm just glad Drake is officially "Robin" again instead of the weird thing for a while when they made it so he was never officially a Robin, but instead "Red Robin" for no good reason.

I honestly feel like the whole Bat family should be bi. Bruce, Dick, Jason, Selina. All of 'em.

Dick just wants to have a good time. He's the anti-Bruce.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Did you know that Forest Gump was based on a book that managed to be even worse than the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO5dV6zg0Wk

(Seriously, watch this video just to find out about the NASA subplot that was cut from the movie, it's pure insanity.)

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Well, I hope his art is good at least.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hellblazer187 posted:

What Damien is still Robin. The title is just click bait as far as I know

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is this... atmospheric HVAC?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mr.Radar posted:

Did you know that Forest Gump was based on a book that managed to be even worse than the movie?

(Seriously, watch this video just to find out about the NASA subplot that was cut from the movie, it's pure insanity.)

The book is full of so much more insane poo poo than the movie but the most disappointing part to me is that Gump is supposed to be some huge absolute unit brick shithouse. I think the author was quoted as saying that John Goodman would be a way better fit for the character's appearance, but Hanks' acting skills were just too killer. But imagining any scene from Forrest Gump where he is a 6'6" 300lb beefcake makes it so much better.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If I were in charge I would simply turn down the earth thermostat.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel like this is wrong but I don’t know how it’s wrong

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mr.Radar posted:

What the absolute gently caress is the book about. With how little they kept, it seems like they could have just made the same movie with a different name and shrugged a little if the author claimed they copied

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm no engineer or whatnot but I think the first question to ask is "intake what?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm no engineer or whatnot but I think the first question to ask is "intake what?"

The cold from space.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bismuth posted:

What the absolute gently caress is the book about. With how little they kept, it seems like they could have just made the same movie with a different name and shrugged a little if the author claimed they copied

It’s basically what the movie is about just more of it.

Like the book and movie doesn’t have a plot just stuff happens then it ends

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s basically what the movie is about just more of it.

Like the book and movie doesn’t have a plot just stuff happens then it ends

That could be said about a lot of stories, at which point the stuff that happens is sort of important. Like it sounds like the main character and an enormous amount of his life are completely different, and wheres the drat orangutan

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

christmas boots posted:

If I were in charge I would simply turn down the earth thermostat.

gently caress it, just make global warming illegal. Have some pigs shoot the sky or w/e.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I mean, pretty sure Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn have all been portrayed as bi over the years. Hmm, what would make those characters being bi okay, but not Robin? Hmm.....mysterious!

Mr.Radar posted:

I was just telling my partner about this! In the book, Forrest Gump fucks, cusses, and is from the very real city of Mobile, Alabama (not the fake town from the movie).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bismuth posted:

That could be said about a lot of stories, at which point the stuff that happens is sort of important. Like it sounds like the main character and an enormous amount of his life are completely different, and wheres the drat orangutan

No I mean it’s just stuff. Forrest goes to an event stuff happens, then he goes to another event with little relation to the last.

It’s honestly set up like a tv show. Just make each event an episode. His relationship with Jan is the only real connective tissue

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
I can't make the earth cooler, but I can make some corn in my cooler:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Mr.Radar posted:

I love telling people about that book. I read that back in 10th grade after having seen the movie and was completely unprepared.

Don't they (Forrest, a lady astronaut, and a monkey) crash in Sumatra or somewhere and run into a tribe of cannibals?