Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The sad part is he's going to end up with some plumb appointments and never suffer any consequences for his actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Another member of the resistance is gone

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkylarAPeters/status/1425200059285741570

🤔

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

ColdBlooded posted:

gently caress you Pallister - "scandal free government" lmao

If Goertzen becomes leader I think that basically guarantees the Cons get shut out of Winnipeg in the next election

If I had to go by the rumours, the candidates will be Aubrey Gordon, Heather Stefanson, Rochelle Squires, Eileen Clarke, Shannon Martin and Ron Schuler, but there's blood in the water so I wouldn't be surprised to see Goertzen or Friesen to have a go as well, but those guys would never win because the party knows no one in Winnipeg would vote for them.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

ZeeBoi posted:

Another member of the resistance is gone
lol I forgot about that

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

loving laffo. They've been secretly closing it for like a year before covid due to the upkeep/infestation. Most good staff fled over the past few years leaving part timers covering everything and then covid hit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress off Pallister forever. You loving scumbag. gently caress you and your entire party. gently caress your existence. Maggot.

I feel like this isn't even remotely harsh enough.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think "gently caress your existence" is a beautiful turn of phrase and I'm going to try and use it more often.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

DariusLikewise posted:

If I had to go by the rumours, the candidates will be Aubrey Gordon, Heather Stefanson, Rochelle Squires, Eileen Clarke, Shannon Martin and Ron Schuler, but there's blood in the water so I wouldn't be surprised to see Goertzen or Friesen to have a go as well, but those guys would never win because the party knows no one in Winnipeg would vote for them.

Squires is probably the one that worries me most in terms of potentially giving the Cons a boost. Gordon or Schuler would be Friesen/Goertzen levels of disaster for the party if one of them somehow won.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Squires wins a landslide on the platform of free USB sticks to all high-school girls.

On an unrelated note, do quebecers not believe in desk fans or do I just have a lunatic contract employee who thinks working in a 45 degree room and not telling me is normal practice?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 10, 2021

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Empty the prisons of non violent offenders and political prisoners, fill them with anti-vaxers. Start at the top of their disinformation networks and just keep going until the prisons are full or the movements lose steam.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

I worked restoration for a few years and that place is a loving disaster top to bottom. Just completely non-functional.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
There's an almost identical situation in Vancouver with Capilano Care Home, another Revera property.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Baronjutter posted:

Empty the prisons of non violent offenders and political prisoners, fill them with anti-vaxers. Start at the top of their disinformation networks and just keep going until the prisons are full or the movements lose steam.

Yes, let's do this.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

If we're going with "screw the optics" options, it would be better to force them to get vaccinated. If they remain unvaccinated in prison they can still develop and spread variants among the prison populace and staff.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Orthanc6 posted:

If we're going with "screw the optics" options, it would be better to force them to get vaccinated. If they remain unvaccinated in prison they can still develop and spread variants among the prison populace and staff.

Staff? What staff?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The willfully unvaccinated should be forced to participate in the Hunger Games. We've already established they don't care about their own well-being or that of anyone else, so I see no ethical issue.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

In all seriousness though I am looking forward to the oped pieces complaining about how the non vaccinated are a new kind of oppressed group

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
They've been comparing themselves to Jews during the holocaust for months already.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Why use prisons when we already have “perfectly serviceable”* reserve areas. Just do a wholesale swap of populations.
The antivax probably don’t believe boiling water advisory as well, so it’s gonna be a very short term.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

iv46vi posted:

Why use prisons when we already have “perfectly serviceable”* reserve areas. Just do a wholesale swap of populations.
The antivax probably don’t believe boiling water advisory as well, so it’s gonna be a very short term.

Raw water is healthy for me.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I am suddenly reminded of the people who insisted on drinking from the heavy metals contaminated springs by where my father used to live.

I mean, it's a natural spring, it has to be good for me, right?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

Stefanson makes the most sense to me because she can actually get votes from people in the city but she's odious enough to keep the rurals happy too.

Also there's a good chance whoever secures the position is a sacrificial lamb anyway.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
As long as this disrupts the cons plans to privatize hydro or insurance idgaf who they pick.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

EvilJoven posted:

As long as this disrupts the cons plans to privatize hydro or insurance idgaf who they pick.

Bold of you to assume they won't take the opportunity to turbofuck the province even harder in a renewed spasm of selling it off to the lowest bidder. Premier Kinew will have his hands full trying to fix things, and of course people will be pissed that he didn't give everyone a shiny new lifted F150 that runs on unicorn farts and blowjobs.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 11, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm sorry, but I do not want to have to suck start my truck.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Still taking the long shot of them somehow losing their minds and shoving up Guenter to be the face of the party.

Even i know its impossible but i cant shake the idea for some reason.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
We’re so loving doomed

https://twitter.com/cbcalerts/status/1424889288152555521?s=21

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Lol

Lmao

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ottawa took a look at the "Dumbest person in Canada" competition between Ford, Kenney and Pallister and said "Hold my beer".

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ecofascism in Canada when?

Just replace Muslims with Climate Refugees, I tried to do it but I'm too busy crack pinging.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 11, 2021

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Speaking of Muslim refugees, finally some good news on that front: some of the Afghans I'd been concerned about are beginning to post checkin messages on Facebook, showing them in various parts of Canada :toot:

It's poo poo that they had to flee their homeland because of us, and their lives here are gonna be HARD, but they're gonna be, and their kids can grow up in what passes for safety these days, with their heads still attached.

Suppose I should thank Mendicino

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I think I saw VICE mention that we have actually been relocating people to Canada over the last month or so, which is better than I expected.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well with the news that the Taliban is on a rampage right now it's best they are here cause while hard it's better than being dead.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The drivers I talked to gave no impression that they knew anything right up until they'd arrived, so at least the opsec guys got that part right, but man did they ever scare the poo poo out of those guys in the interim.

infernal machines posted:

I think I saw VICE mention that we have actually been relocating people to Canada over the last month or so, which is better than I expected.

One guy's been in Calgary since July and I hadn't noticed it until just now, so that tracks. They're posting videos of them driving around our highways blasting their music and taking photos of EVERYTHING, which is doubly-funny because that is exactly what every single one of us did when they first drove us :3:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wholeheartedly embracing Canadian culture.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

Wholeheartedly embracing Canadian culture.

Once they start bitching about the weather then the transformation has reached terminal levels.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Starting my new life in Canada by embracing the quirks of local culture. Just out for a rip, drinking a double double, on my way to the keg. Might sign up fo a million dollar mortgage later.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I will never drink a double double, I don't know how it can be done, it's too much cream and sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

They won't truly be Canadian until they realize they now have theirs, and vote conservative to stop anyone else from taking it away