Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cimber posted:

I have to wonder how many people actually believe this poo poo, and how many people make posts like this 'for the lulz'.

Then I remember Jan 6th and I get really sad.
it's a combination: "this is the mark of the beast and if you disagree duh i'm joking stupid lib-cuck, and if you agree please join me in fighting this very real evil"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

pseudanonymous posted:

No, that would have evoked an "even the devil can quote scripture"
Yea true can't trust everyone who uses the name of Jesus.

Should have named the vaccine Trump Serum or something. Then no one could blow that off as a trick because Trump would be on TV every day hyping it up for the licensing royalties if nothing else.

I guess they might just start hating Trump though. Or say it's disinfo to make the Deep State think they turned him, check out this Parler post where he misspells a word at 5:14 AM that means "Patriots don't get my vaccine"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 6, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

It's endorsed by both Q and the Illuminati! The only Trump approved analytic you can read whatever you want into.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bloo scientific corp.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Bloo scientific corp.

Those Illumina machines need like 50k in reagents and maintenance per month, fyi.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's just what the elites pretend to try and stop me stealing hydroxycarbamide from sickle cell kids to keep me immune from CCPvid vaccine shedding.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Okay, even ignoring the dumbass "Most unvaccinated people are actually very smart" thing, a lot of grocery stores will allow you to download an app and shop on there and then go pick up your groceries. They'll even bring it out to your car for you. During lockdowns, a lot of people actually did this. So you can still get groceries even if you're unvaccinated! You just can't go in the store.

Well, assuming you live in an area actually enforcing vaccine mandates, which is pretty unlikely.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

we capitalised the word SMART because of how SMART we are

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Is there a grocery store anywhere at the moment that won't let you come in without a mask? Mask usage has ticked up quite a bit (where I live anyways) due to Delta, but there are still a decent number of unmasked people inside.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

pthighs posted:

Is there a grocery store anywhere at the moment that won't let you come in without a mask? Mask usage has ticked up quite a bit (where I live anyways) due to Delta, but there are still a decent number of unmasked people inside.

I think New Seasons is still requiring masks for people 5 and older.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Here on Long Island, there are no mask mandates anywhere. I still don't go into the store to go grocery shopping because frankly it sucks so I just use the shop-rite app and pick up at the curb. The 5 dollar fee is worthwhile to me to not spend an hour walking up and down the aisles, plus I don't impulse buy junkfood (ooooh, cool ranch Doritos!) .

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

pthighs posted:

The coop near us fortunately had a full you don't enter without a mask on properly period rule very early on and has kept it up ever since and I really appreciate that. There were other places we'd buy food from around here too that we just straight up are never going to again because they didn't have any mask requirement or distancing at all.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Spotted on gab.com: a sinister anti-intellectual plot based on 'vaccine discrimination':

It's part of a bullshit op which seems to have started on 4Chan and is also targeting communities of colour:

https://twitter.com/ambientshitpost/status/1423762591780835329?s=20
(thread with many more detailed posts)

I don't intend to post anything else in here but pointing out the specific origins of this kind of insidious poo poo seems worth whatever probe the mods want to dish out

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So chuds know communities of color distrust medicine because of people like those very chuds and are attempting to weaponize it. Jesus fuckin christ man.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

We’re lucky they’re so goddamn stupid that they’re incapable of writing anything like a normal person.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

So chuds know communities of color distrust medicine because of people like those very chuds and are attempting to weaponize it. Jesus fuckin christ man.

Might be ancillary to the thread discussion, but Black Americans have very good reason to distrust the American medical apparatus that stretch back far, far further than the existence of what we commonly refer to as a "chud."

Started in 1932, the Tuskegee experiments were overseen by both presidents Hoover and FDR.

quote:

In 1932, the USPHS, working with the Tuskegee Institute, began a study to record the natural history of syphilis. It was originally called the “Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male” (now referred to as the “USPHS Syphilis Study at Tuskegee”). The study initially involved 600 Black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. Participants’ informed consent was not collected. Researchers told the men they were being treated for “bad blood,” a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance.

By 1943, penicillin was the treatment of choice for syphilis and becoming widely available, but the participants in the study were not offered treatment.

In 1972, an Associated Press storyexternal icon about the study was published. As a result, the Assistant Secretary for Health and Scientific Affairs appointed an Ad Hoc Advisory Panel to review the study. The advisory panel concludedpdf iconexternal icon that the study was “ethically unjustified”; that is, the “results [were] disproportionately meager compared with known risks to human subjects involved.” In October 1972, the panel advised stopping the study. A month later, the Assistant Secretary for Health and Scientific Affairs announced the endexternal icon of the study. In March 1973, the panel also advised the Secretary of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (HEW) (now known as the Department of Health and Human Services) to instruct the USPHS to provide all necessary medical care for the survivors of the study.1 The Tuskegee Health Benefit Program (THBP) was established to provide these services. In 1975, participants’ wives, widows and children were added to the program. In 1995, the program was expanded to include health, as well as medical, benefits. The last study participant died in January 2004. The last widow receiving THBP benefits died in January 2009. Participants’ children (10 at present) continue to receive medical and health benefits.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lib and let die posted:

Might be ancillary to the thread discussion, but Black Americans have very good reason to distrust the American medical apparatus that stretch back far, far further than the existence of what we commonly refer to as a "chud."

Started in 1932, the Tuskegee experiments were overseen by both presidents Hoover and FDR.

Thank you this can't be overstated. It really drives home the cravenness of their attempt to exploit the fears of these communities. Infuriating.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Oh, it's a "white vaccine" now? The one developed by a child of Turkish immigrants too?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I find the hesitancy in the face of historic crimes to be a little less compelling in the case of the COVID pandemic. Like, look around. See all the millions upon millions of white people jabbing vaccines into their arms as fast as possible? All the millions and millions of brown people across the world doing the same?

e: yeah those are your words, not mine. vvvvv

How are u fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 9, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

How are u posted:

I find the hesitancy in the face of historic crimes to be a little less compelling in the case of the COVID pandemic. Like, look around. See all the millions upon millions of white people jabbing vaccines into their arms as fast as possible? All the millions and millions of brown people across the world doing the same?

Yeah, they really ought to just get over it already!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

*does syphilis experiments on black people*
"Oh so now it's MY fault you're suspicious? Ugh why are you so unreasonable"

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

We’re lucky they’re so goddamn stupid that they’re incapable of writing anything like a normal person.
Yeah I love that they think any of that is "subtle"

Hey ladies the vaccine is just like the glass ceiling, it's men keeping you down, they're trying to force you to take a deadly injection that...they...already all got

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

PhazonLink posted:

clones are tainted, you need true blue natural humans.

oh wait thats based on a child's / dumb persons idea of supa tech.

FTL, teleportation, and time travel, are game changing things that make any resource enter a post scarcity supply amount. like a continent of organs a mile deep post scarcity

fear makes the organs taste better

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

How are u posted:

I'm not sure what else you could be saying other than that Black people should put their (legitimate!) misgivings about the American healthcare system to the side and do what whitey's doing, for The Greater Good - please do feel free to correct my assumptions, though - unfortunately you haven't provided much in your "rebuttal" of the legitimacy of Black people's misgivings in the wake of atrocities like the Tuskegee experiments, that the government still felt it appropriate to make apologies for as recently as during the Clinton administration other than a sense that you don't see how they can see everyone else around them getting the shot (because there aren't legions of white QAnon morons decrying the shot?) and not just presume that it's the right and proper thing to do.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

How are u posted:

Just a hunch but you're not a victim of transgenerational trauma I'm guessing.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

I'm not sure what else you could be saying other than that Black people should put their (legitimate!) misgivings about the American healthcare system to the side and do what whitey's doing, for The Greater Good

They should do it for their own, personal good. To protect themselves and their families from dying of COVID-19.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

How are u posted:

They should do it for their own, personal good. To protect themselves and their families from dying of COVID-19.

Of course they should. That's why everyone who can, should get the shot.

Do you think that you could walk up to an unvaccinated Black person with these concerns about the historical treatment of Black people by the medical pharmaceutical industry/agencies, say "look at all the white people getting the shot, it's totally fine!" and change their mind, knowing that during the Tuskegee experiments the treatment for syphillis was readily available and was deliberately withheld from the unwitting participants in favor of other poo poo?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

Do you think that you could walk up to an unvaccinated Black person with these concerns about the historical treatment of Black people by the medical pharmaceutical industry/agencies, say "look at all the white people getting the shot, it's totally fine!" and change their mind, knowing that during the Tuskegee experiments the treatment for syphillis was readily available and was deliberately withheld from the unwitting participants in favor of other poo poo?

No, that's not my place or my role to do. I am sure that leaders in Black communities are making all sorts of good arguments for getting the shot to their hesitant members. But I do think that it should change their mind, thus my original post.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If telling people facts changed their mind our country wouldn't be in the lovely situation it is now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lib and let die posted:

One of my dear friends did some work in medical sociology with a focus on infectious disease compliance. Wound up not joining the CDC almost entirely because of Donald Trump. The groups she worked with at the time weren't African American but I should ask her her thoughts.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

Hey. He did that sort of thing multiple times. All to people of color.
It's not an isolated incident.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lib and let die posted:

Check out Zeal And Ardor's song Tuskegee about that

https://youtu.be/TdAWWGswN0M

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1424935965047631913

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Weird that their fantasy includes social media being destroyed. What will they do in utopia if they can’t post? I wonder if some of them dread the final victory over satan because they won’t have their one hobby any more.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wed huh?

nano grain of truth : FEMA is testing out some new alerts this week, I think this wed / tomorrow.

also do those stupid loving dumbass know that rods of god arent nukes, but large chunks of metal that use gravity and mass for thei KE payload?

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah honestly if it destroys social media it's probably worth it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

PhazonLink posted:

wed huh?

nano grain of truth : FEMA is testing out some new alerts this week, I think this wed / tomorrow.

also do those stupid loving dumbass know that rods of god arent nukes, but large chunks of metal that use gravity and mass for thei KE payload?

It's literally the coolest/most metal part about the whole thing: spikes of tungsten smashing the world into oblivion with sheer kinetic force. And they hosed it up. God damnit!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Qultists have been predicting blackouts regularly since January but somehow they keep on not happening.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Taylor-Greene got suspended from Twitter again, 4th strike, 7 days for vaccine misinformation.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PhazonLink posted:

wed huh?

Yeah a lot of conspiracy gurus are banking on people getting a "THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM" text/notification on their phones and thinking that a big disaster happened just beyond their field of vision. Which is catnip to this crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It's literally the coolest/most metal part about the whole thing: spikes of tungsten smashing the world into oblivion with sheer kinetic force. And they hosed it up. God damnit!

I think they're just latching onto the "of God" part and assuming that they are some kind of holy weapon to defeat Satan.