Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

Well screw that noise.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I never got 100% in the original due to Mingle PP

I never got 100% in the switch version cause I had a glitch where it kept crashing when I tried to fight one boss on Ultimate difficulty and I got derailed and never checked back to see if it was patched

I was hoping I could do it in this one but it doesn't sound very encouraging, since it seems like they have less QOL things to make collecting easier

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
You can, it's just there are a few pain in the rear end spots that are kind of annoying to deal with. Material pins won't be the bottleneck (the issue would come from finding them rather than grinding for them), it'd be money if anything. And it's just a few select days don't come with an easier way to rematch a specific boss.

Do not try to replay days for the end boss drop logs. Boss noise is a post-game unlock, and is far more convenient for filling those out.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 11, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Do you need 100% for the secret ending?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

MorningMoon posted:

Do you need 100% for the secret ending?

Nope, just need all the Secret Reports.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

serefin99 posted:

Nope, just need all the Secret Reports.

Hell yeah. Got 2 so far.

Tomorrow I'll beat the story and try to beat another day and those reports by next week then move to great ace attorney

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

ChrisBTY posted:

Well screw that noise. Might be time to find something else to play. I'm not a big completionist and this game shreds my hands anyway.

Yes this is where I ended up. Not worth the grind at that point. Though I still honestly love the combat so much that I am actually tempted to grind.

But, alas, started playing Great Ace Attorney! Perhaps I'll return to TWEWY when some kind nerds have optimized the grind for us.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm on The Last Day'' and this game loving rules

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

thehoodie posted:

Yes this is where I ended up. Not worth the grind at that point. Though I still honestly love the combat so much that I am actually tempted to grind.

But, alas, started playing Great Ace Attorney! Perhaps I'll return to TWEWY when some kind nerds have optimized the grind for us.

There's something about the game that lures me to do the postgame grind stuff I usually avoid in RPGs. Or maybe it's just because it's the Summer doldrums and I'm spinning my wheels until King's Bounty 2 comes out in 2 weeks.
But I've gotten most of the achievements I can do without it being obnoxious. I can go back and get the Scramble Slam one because I've already done 2 of them. But that's about it.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Are there any particular tips for getting high scores in Scramble Slams? I feel like I might have missed something important to do besides chaining point noise in unclaimed territory.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

XavierGenisi posted:

Are there any particular tips for getting high scores in Scramble Slams? I feel like I might have missed something important to do besides chaining point noise in unclaimed territory.

I think it's mostly a matter of coming back later and hitting noise as hard as you can. It's dumb. I scored 50k points my first time in the 2nd scramble and 550k the second time. (And I pumped the brakes after hitting 400k). What makes it twice as dumb is that the pins are balanced on the assumption that you'll get them at that point in the story. If you want to make the old college try to do them the first time around use your hardest-hitting single hit pins. I just don't know if you can hit hard enough to get gold first time around unless you're some kind of TWEWY genius.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I found getting gold on the scramble slams the first time around not too terrible once you know the secret. Equip a couple of pins that are really good at getting beatdrop combos, and a hard hitting pin. Build up beatdrop combos to get that multiplier as high as you can before killing things, then overkill them with your strongest pin, or with strong Remixes. If your strongest pin is also an AoE pin, great! Multikills help a bunch, but I never found them super necessary.

Well, let me rephrase. "Not too terrible" in the sense of it wasn't very difficult, the second scramble slam was still very tedious because I ended up 10-chaining every time for like the first 5 areas. Pretty sure I did over 150 battles there. :v:

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

XavierGenisi posted:

How to Scramble Slam:

- Hit lots of beat drops. Every beat drop you hit increases your multiplier (up to 5x per round).
- Make sure the attack that kills the enemy does lots of damage. Chargeable pins and high-damage fusions (Ice/Wind/Fire/Burst/probably at least one other) are good for this; also look for weaknesses if possible
- Kill lots of enemies simultaneously. Fusions are again good for this.
- You can chain in claimed territory as well. Let the Noise absorb into you before walking into view of the other players.
- If all else fails, I'm told it's real easy if you come back postgame when you can get really long chains and can play on Ultimate. I got everything the first time through for all of them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Beat the game. Did a 13 chain battle on ULTIMATE. Died to a bear in the very last one, first time I get hit by one in dozens of hours. :negative:

Amazing game holy poo poo. The last three or four hours were immaculate. It tops KH3 Re:Mind, AND The Wonderful 101. Had I played TWEWY back on the DS, I probably would've sobbed at the Neku and Shiki reunion. Not only seeing her face but having that reunion reversed, loving perfection. The bird stuff was rad, and it really hit those notes Re:Mind hit but way, way better. Just the complex way to build to the absolute perfect victory. That phoenix boss was rad, and the stylish credits just made for the perfect finale.

I thought I wouldn't like Rindo and Shoka getting together, but it was so adorable and modern. I loving adore urban scifi/fantasy stuff, so the stuff of her coming back to life but being locked out of her accounts and Rindo just accidentally ignoring her friend requests are a million percent my poo poo. Also can't believe I didn't notice she was Sparrow! By the time W3D7 started I kinda turned off on trying to figure it out and forgot. So loving sweet.

Gonna mess around with Another Day later, then grind up some FP to finish that board and after that hunt down the secret reports.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Beat the game. Did a 13 chain battle on ULTIMATE. Died to a bear in the very last one, first time I get hit by one in dozens of hours. :negative:

Amazing game holy poo poo. The last three or four hours were immaculate. It tops KH3 Re:Mind, AND The Wonderful 101. Had I played TWEWY back on the DS, I probably would've sobbed at the Neku and Shiki reunion. Not only seeing her face but having that reunion reversed, loving perfection. The bird stuff was rad, and it really hit those notes Re:Mind hit but way, way better. Just the complex way to build to the absolute perfect victory. That phoenix boss was rad, and the stylish credits just made for the perfect finale.

I thought I wouldn't like Rindo and Shoka getting together, but it was so adorable and modern. I loving adore urban scifi/fantasy stuff, so the stuff of her coming back to life but being locked out of her accounts and Rindo just accidentally ignoring her friend requests are a million percent my poo poo. Also can't believe I didn't notice she was Sparrow! By the time W3D7 started I kinda turned off on trying to figure it out and forgot. So loving sweet.

Gonna mess around with Another Day later, then grind up some FP to finish that board and after that hunt down the secret reports.

Out of curiosity, what is your experience with the original TWEWY then? You did at least know about the main story points going into this right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, what is your experience with the original TWEWY then? You did at least know about the main story points going into this right?

I watched the anime and the A New Day cutscenes. Literally finished with that the day the demo for NEO came out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I watched the anime and the A New Day cutscenes. Literally finished with that the day the demo for NEO came out.

Same honestly, though I also wound up playing the DS game via emulation as the anime had piqued my interest.

Speaking of the anime, has there been any talk of doing a potential dub of it at some point?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The whole final day I was just openly crying, both sad and happy crying, off and on, one then the other.

The final stretch of Shibuya all banding together to save the day is so loving good.

My only complaint is SHiki didn't just immediately plant one on Neku OR Immediately smacking him one for being gone so long.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Post-game spoilers.
I know it would ruin everything about going back through the chapters but it would have been funny if replaying old chapters accounted for Kubo being exorcised from existence.

MorningMoon posted:

I loved their relationship, but my favorite bit was that Shoka was so ready to keep denying she was Swallow until Rindo said, "You told me in a different timeline" and she was like "drat it!" I liked that Joshua's 'game' only worked because Rindo was too dense to check his inboxes.

Everything about W3D7 was awesome, though. Especially the final boss; dodging to the beat during the fireball phase to build groove was a fun gimmick.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 7, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Joshua's loving game! I immediately thought "SHE'S IN CAT ALLEY!!" and started holding the stick to the left and spamming the circle button to rush over there, then it just kept playing cutscemes lmao

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

Joshua's loving game! I immediately thought "SHE'S IN CAT ALLEY!!" and started holding the stick to the left and spamming the circle button to rush over there, then it just kept playing cutscemes lmao

I thought Joshua meant he literally turned Shoka into a cat and Rindo would have to deal

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
RUDE

(final day spoilers) So I beat Shiba, and I mean I absolutely whipped his rear end, then motherfucking Kubo pops up, laughs evilly, says "Expect the unexpected," and the Switch crashes. The timing was so impeccable I had Flowey-crashing-undertale flashbacks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

YggiDee posted:

RUDE

(final day spoilers) So I beat Shiba, and I mean I absolutely whipped his rear end, then motherfucking Kubo pops up, laughs evilly, says "Expect the unexpected," and the Switch crashes. The timing was so impeccable I had Flowey-crashing-undertale flashbacks.

loving excellent how did the bit after the first phase of Shiba run? when you're fighting mobs of noise in the fully populated scramble. I'm insanely curious if the Switch has issues running that

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MorningMoon posted:

loving excellent how did the bit after the first phase of Shiba run? when you're fighting mobs of noise in the fully populated scramble. I'm insanely curious if the Switch has issues running that

No real slow down in my run, either times I had to do it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay the autosave meant I didn't lose any progress, that's nice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No real slow down in my run, either times I had to do it.

That's nice then

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I couldn't tell you anything about the game's performance because I am hurling so many projectiles that at no point is the battlefield actually visible :v: like one person is surrounded by a cloud of flaming knives and someone else is shooting twin lasers of pure darkness and Fret's firing five way projectile spreads and someone else is hurling boomerangs. Is there slowdown? gently caress if I know.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Honestly aside from generally having a lower bound of 30 FPS, getting even lower was either due to triggering tons of hitstops or just fights where things were utterly flooded with particles and objects. Even then it held up well during Shiba's fight.

MorningMoon posted:

Ran like normal. I didn't notice any particularly bad drops during that segment. There generally has to be a ridiculous amount of stuff going on for it to severely dip below 30 for a lengthy period of time.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Hahaha the quest that lets you see Pin Mutations is a dive that spoils the new chapter of Elegant Strategy for Nagi. Perfect.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Are the Beat Drop Groove booster passives equally distributed? From what I've seen: There's one for Rindo x Fret, one for Rindo x Shoka, one for Beat x Neku and one for Nagi x Minamimoto

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Junpei posted:

Are the Beat Drop Groove booster passives equally distributed? From what I've seen: There's one for Rindo x Fret, one for Rindo x Shoka, one for Beat x Neku and one for Nagi x Minamimoto

Nagi x Shoka, Fret x Beat, might be missing more but I believe Sho only has one with Nagi.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So how do Drop Rates work? Does 100% mean you're guaranteed a pin drop and 200% mean you get twice the amount of pins? I've gotten it up to about 500% before in a really long chain but I'm really not sure what I'm affecting.

Also, I finished the main story of the post game but I assume there are other side quests in Another Day right? Do I need to do anything special to trigger them or do I just need to redo the day and explore?

MorningMoon posted:

I screamed when Joshua did the game. Even when helping, he's a dick.

Also I find Rindo not checking his inboxes very realistic. :colbert:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Artelier posted:

So how do Drop Rates work? Does 100% mean you're guaranteed a pin drop and 200% mean you get twice the amount of pins? I've gotten it up to about 500% before in a really long chain but I'm really not sure what I'm affecting.

Also, I finished the main story of the post game but I assume there are other side quests in Another Day right? Do I need to do anything special to trigger them or do I just need to redo the day and explore?

I screamed when Joshua did the game. Even when helping, he's a dick.

Also I find Rindo not checking his inboxes very realistic. :colbert:

100% is guaranteed but you can't go above that. Enemies will only ever drop 1 pin, but if you miss the roll for your current difficulty it will roll the next highest and so on until you either get a pin or run out of lower difficulties.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Artelier posted:

it’s a percent modifier on the initial drop rate. if an enemy has a 2% chance of dropping a pin and you have a 100% modifier, that chance will be 4%

this excludes Jackpot gear, which are flat increases to the initial drop rate. so if you have a Drop +5 accessory on, then that drop rate will now be 7%, or 14% with the modifier

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Week 2 Day 3: when I heard Beat was in the game and saw him doing cool ninja poo poo out of nowhere I figured he’d have changed, but nope, he’s still dumb. Like super insanely dumb. “Oh yeah, I was totally gonna die back there at the end of Week 1 when I stepped in like a cool guy, I just couldn’t stand by and watch”

Also I know they got the same guy back but his voice isn’t quite what I expected. Too…cool?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Artelier posted:

The latter, all of the sidequests are available during the main story of Another Day (though I believe you have to start the Reaper’s Romp before they’ll appear):

-Talk to Rhyme in Dogenzaka to do a somewhat challenging 10 round dive

-Talk to Sho at the underpass to fight the secret boss (a souped up version of his previous boss battle)

-Talk to Coco in Takeshita to do the Final Time Attack (a boss rush just like the previous game).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 12, 2021

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Drop rate is just a multiplier (not percent) to the base drop chance. You can go to Records->Noisepedia in the menu, and open the difficulty/level menu at the same time, and watch drop rates change as you raise or lower your level.

Noise 3, for instance, has an Ultimate difficulty drop with a base drop chance of 0.33%. At drop rate x2.0, Noisepedia lists the drop chance as 0.66%. At drop rate x74.6 (the highest I have right now), Noisepedia lists the drop chance at 24.62%. Drop chances cap at 100%.

If you have below 100% chance for a drop, and fail the rng roll for the one on that difficulty, the game will then roll for the next lower difficulty, if you fail that then it'll roll for the next difficulty, etc..

Mother lode and jackpot thread abilities just add to your drop rate (i.e. if your drop rate is x2.0 and then you equip a godmother lode thread, your drop rate is now x7.0.)

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

YggiDee posted:

RUDE

I've heard of so many people experiencing this that I have to wonder if they didn't specifically program this for the Switch version.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I doubt it, I've had one or two other crashes and it's always before the fancy cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I crashed once during the second Susukichi fight. That was my only crash.