Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Take a stone golem along if you can. The regen will make trap-based mistakes a lot more forgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A good thing about strength stacking is you can easily go crit if you slot in a rare helmet

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Just disable the report button imo

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

hawowanlawow posted:

:mods:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So how do explode effects stack (if they do)? If I have multiple sources of explode, do they all trigger on enemy death, or does it rotate through them? So for an example, say I'm using Voltaxic Burst and Asenath's Gentle Touch - do I get both explosions when I kill an enemy with Burst that is also near a dead Temp Chains guy?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
As a non hc player, I just run through traps at max speed. The entire layout is setup so that you can recharge flasks before each series of traps so as long as you spam heals and QS flasks you should be fine. Traps are honestly more risky when you try to use your brain and respect them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So how do explode effects stack (if they do)? If I have multiple sources of explode, do they all trigger on enemy death, or does it rotate through them? So for an example, say I'm using Voltaxic Burst and Asenath's Gentle Touch - do I get both explosions when I kill an enemy with Burst that is also near a dead Temp Chains guy?

Gameplay Compendium forum post posted:

How do multiple on-kill explosions work? For example if I cast Abyssal Cry on a monster then kill it using Infernal Blow, would both explosions occur or only one effect can take place?

Each will apply separately.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1718488/page/2

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Interesting. Thank you kindly

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Benson Cunningham posted:

As a non hc player, I just run through traps at max speed. The entire layout is setup so that you can recharge flasks before each series of traps so as long as you spam heals and QS flasks you should be fine. Traps are honestly more risky when you try to use your brain and respect them.

:monocle: Never thought of.

Smoke mine is also great for labs

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah my biggest issue with PoE right now isn’t power level it’s feature bloat. I just have no motivation to grind through the atlas and all the pve systems yet another time.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah ive hit maps on like 3 characters and just quit each time, just 0 urge to want to grind the atlas and watchstones again, maybe next league

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Are there any melee skills that benefit from shotgunning with increased AoE? Just trying to think of ways to double down on Earthbreakers AoE increase plus the Chieftain 100% ancestor totem buff. In reading about molten strike, it seems like increased AoE is actually the opposite of what you want for single target, is that correct?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Still havent hit 90 on a character yet which is a record

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

whydirt posted:

Yeah my biggest issue with PoE right now isn’t power level it’s feature bloat. I just have no motivation to grind through the atlas and all the pve systems yet another time.

I'm honestly not bothering with grinding beyond a half-hearted leapfrog strategy any more. Just doing whatever seems like fun at the time.

My goal is to hit 90 on my stupid build and then see where things stand.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Benson Cunningham posted:

also, bring a flask with the Staunching (bleed removal) suffix on it. Both the traps and Izaro can hit you with powerful bleeds

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
havent bought a single map from a human this league and have 124 completion.
Inner circle of watchstones is done, now going for outer.

I really try to not fall for every league mechanic that crosses my path, but they know me and they get me (except alva).
Between mapping, conquerors, maven, delve and syndicate, i have an eye for einhar, blight and breaches.
Oh, and abysses.
Oh, and league mechanic of course.

I really should decide on what i absolutely want, like 3 mechanics, and screw the rest.
but i cant.
Fomo has increased effect on me.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

alva is good and you will all regret ignoring her some day

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jazerus posted:

alva is good and you will all regret ignoring her some day

wrong I've come from the future to tell you that she still sucks

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

wrong I've come from the future to tell you that she still sucks

With the temple chronicle change it's actually super cool sorry

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Am I doing Heist blueprints wrong? I don't want to complain about TOO much loot but I barely was able to pick up stuff from the third main room I revealed because of inventory space. A lot of things didn't stack up together, and I feel like I wasted a lot of markers revealing useless stuff

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Don't make an IK, everyone in this thread hates one another and there's no one you can pick who isn't part of some secret clique that will some up treating people unfairly. The only people who are actually impartial don't want to be IK.

hawowanlawow posted:

Nerf the report button so that mods see 30% Less complaints.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

frajaq posted:

Am I doing Heist blueprints wrong? I don't want to complain about TOO much loot but I barely was able to pick up stuff from the third main room I revealed because of inventory space. A lot of things didn't stack up together, and I feel like I wasted a lot of markers revealing useless stuff

You can leave between wings to stash.
(Edit: Hell, you can leave during wings if you haven't set the alarm off and run out)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

frajaq posted:

You can leave in between wings (or even during a wing if you didn't set off the alarm) to dump your loot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Valentine posted:

I guess I wasn't clear, what I was asking was how do people doing carries actually work? I don't fail Labs very often, but when I do it's always because I dashed/jumped to a bad spot and got grinded by a trap. I don't understand how someone doing a carry can prevent that, which made me wonder how carries can really work since you can't account for the uhh, bad jump element.

Either go faster or play more careful or take more than one health flask since all you have to do is stand outside the boss room anyway. I sound like a dick but unless you have a lovely connection, simply navigating the traps slowly and carefully will be fine. The carry can run through the entire lab and take the enchants without you, so as long as you don't rip slowly walking through the lab, you're fine. If the traps really straight up one shotting you, your build is terribly wrong somewhere. Or maybe it's just Galaxy brain IQ, I dunno.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

RossCo posted:

You can leave between wings to stash.
(Edit: Hell, you can leave during wings if you haven't set the alarm off and run out)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

frajaq posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'm with you.

It's also a bloody nerve wracking thing to do for the first time, no one wants to waste a blueprint.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Blueprints are way better than what I imagined then, goddamn

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man I did the same thing with my first blue print. Felt super dumb when I realized I could leave and come back after doing a wing.

It does feel bad

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

VideoGames posted:

I want people to enjoy the thread and not feel as bad as they do so I would like to ask for your guys help in coming up with a solution.

Personally I don't see the need for anything beyond the normal "keep discussion civil like adults" (our average here is what, 30s and 40s?), no personal attacks, none of the excessive trolling unless it's funny.

Maybe I'm just an idealist though! I know WoW had to make a specific bitching thread.

I think (hope) this league is a one off. This has been abnormally bad this league.

Miss Broccoli posted:

I think, regardless of everything else, you should go and click the ban button on this post:

its terrible and he even got probed already for posting it itt

Also please, that --^

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

whydirt posted:

Personally it's partially this, but also skill bloat for me. It's not enough to grab whatever the expected % defenses on the tree, some damage and any interesting keystones, you need to understand obscure mechanics of your active gems and chosen defenses to layer on multiplicative damage sources and defenses. There are so many supports, notables, niche but potentially vital uniques and influenced mods that I can't even begin to put together a functional build. If you want to add in cluster jewels and that kind of bullshit planning a decent build becomes a full-time job.

There's gotta be a happy medium between D3's "Blizzard picks the viable builds each season" and PoE's "you need an advanced degree in sphere grids to make a build feel good to play."

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I want people to enjoy the thread and not feel as bad as they do so I would like to ask for your guys help in coming up with a solution. Is more than one thread likely to help? Another poster for an IK? (I think someone who is knowledgeable about the game and posts a lot would be good for this and I think this is probably the best solution).

I don't think having a deep knowledge of PoE's mechanics is needed or necessarily helpful. Just probe as you like and people will make a qcs thread if they think you hosed up (you probably didn't gently caress up)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Big Mad Drongo posted:

There's gotta be a happy medium between D3's "Blizzard picks the viable builds each season" and PoE's "you need an advanced degree in sphere grids to make a build feel good to play."

at least it's not an advanced degree in blitzball

RossCo posted:

I'm with you.

It's also a bloody nerve wracking thing to do for the first time, no one wants to waste a blueprint.

whoa...tibbs posts on SA??

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 11, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m just concentrating on heist, maps and the league gimmick right now. That is enough. Just letting daily quests build up in the queue for awhile

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I also agree Elentor would be an amazing IK (for sure the best candidate), but only if they want to do it ofc. I wouldn't wish moderating this thread on anyone.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
lab carries open up the direct paths through rooms, thats the trcik basically.

THat one loving corridor with 4 levers in 4 rooms in each corner with the lava floor and bleed totems on top?
carry does the lever-work, you just walk the corridor in a straight line.

Theres some layouts that benefit better from that than others, most of the time you basically draw a straight line through a maze.
I still like to do it myselk, for the flask refills on monsters if something goes sideways.

J
Jun 10, 2001

frajaq posted:

Blueprints are way better than what I imagined then, goddamn

Another blueprint thing - all the bonuses from passives and gear on the rogues you bring with you in a wing stack. Get them all whisper-woven cloaks to reduce the alert raising. If it is a wing that you can bring Karst/Nenet/Tullina, that will probably let you open most if not all of the chests depending on levels and gear. Have at least one rogue with a precise arrowhead equipped, and roll an aura on it. If you're feeling safe you can roll haste on it to go fast, if you're worried about dying you can roll grace on it if that's beneficial to your build. Get "chance to duplicate basic currency" on a foliate brooch. The +1 job level mods on the tools are also quite useful, they increase the effect of that rogue's passive but also the +1 all jobs will let you bring a rogue on more heists/blueprints than they'd normally be able to go on. Like if one of their secondary skills caps at level 3, an item boosting that to 4 will let them join jobs with a level 4 prereq on that skill. Crafting decent heist equipment isn't too expensive, either with alt spamming or alch/scouring. The pool of mods on heist items isn't very big.

Basically heist is about bringing Karst/Nenet/Tullina whenever possible to open more chests, if it's a blueprint wing you can also include Vinderi as he gets you more loot per chest even though he raises the alert faster. If you need more reveals to do blueprints, do contracts that Giana is able to go on. Give her a precise arrowhead with haste aura on it to zoom through contracts.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

J posted:

Another blueprint thing - all the bonuses from passives and gear on the rogues you bring with you in a wing stack. Get them all whisper-woven cloaks to reduce the alert raising. If it is a wing that you can bring Karst/Nenet/Tullina, that will probably let you open most if not all of the chests depending on levels and gear. Have at least one rogue with a precise arrowhead equipped, and roll an aura on it. If you're feeling safe you can roll haste on it to go fast, if you're worried about dying you can roll grace on it if that's beneficial to your build. Get "chance to duplicate basic currency" on a foliate brooch. The +1 job level mods on the tools are also quite useful, they increase the effect of that rogue's passive but also the +1 all jobs will let you bring a rogue on more heists/blueprints than they'd normally be able to go on. Like if one of their secondary skills caps at level 3, an item boosting that to 4 will let them join jobs with a level 4 prereq on that skill. Crafting decent heist equipment isn't too expensive, either with alt spamming or alch/scouring. The pool of mods on heist items isn't very big.

Basically heist is about bringing Karst/Nenet/Tullina whenever possible to open more chests, if it's a blueprint wing you can also include Vinderi as he gets you more loot per chest even though he raises the alert faster. If you need more reveals to do blueprints, do contracts that Giana is able to go on. Give her a precise arrowhead with haste aura on it to zoom through contracts.

Yeah I saw that some broochs were insane but mostly ignored the weapons, thanks!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arzachel posted:

:hmmyes:

Also, they probably shouldn't have completely dumpstered certain archetypes while they're already doing global nerfs to everything.

On this note, we’ve seen people complain that such and such top build sucks now when it got a small numerical nerf between leagues

And then it still works pretty good but gets played a lot less.

Dumpstering skills and gems seems really unnecessary

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tenzarin posted:

So gimme some tips for grim dawn. This thread is now the grim dawn and torchlight 2 thread.

Download griminternals and play at 3x speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I would add Chronicon to the pile of ARPGs to play if you want a PoE break.

It's not much to look at but its a great game, and respects your time. I need to do another playthrough.