Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

here u go~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Judakel posted:

that crazy anti bernie woman that was on community is the head of sag aftr la

lol

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021

Smythe posted:

sag-aftra and has been pretty good during covid i think but i think they are experiencing some drama??? idk im not in it. iatse has been very good for my friends. im management of course so n/a

i mean my understanding is sag kicked a lot of lower earning members off their healthcare early in the pandemic so they havent been perfect....

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

loquacius posted:

Most people didn't put the vaccine in themselves either until the FDA said it was ok, I can't really imagine why you'd be surprised they're not just yeeting drugs into their kids without the org that exists for this purpose saying it's ok to do

Lib and let die posted:

lmao i was participating in a discussion somewhere and when why black communities might be hesitant to trust the Medical-Insurance Complex in the wake of poo poo like Tuskegee and the poster expressed shock that they didn't just see all the millions of white folk getting the shots around them and decide to Trust The Science

The reason why the vaccines are not FDA approved for use in children is that performing clinical trials with children is really hard because children are a protected/vulnerable class, so there's all kinds of regulations around running science experiments on them. The reason we have those regulations is because of poo poo like Tuskegee and other horrors of science from the early 20th century.

There's no reason to assume that mRNA vaccines are unsafe. Anything you read about integration of the mRNA into the genome is bullshit. There is no data supporting antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) of viral infection, and ADE is unlikely as the mRNA vaccine specifically targets the spike protein and would therefore generates neutralizing antibodies (ADE requires non-neutralizing antibodies). Its also not a given that SARS-CoV-2 can reproduce within macrophages (SARS-MERS can, but SARS-CoV-1 can not), which is another requirement for ADE. Data showing increasing numbers of cases of COVID in vaccinated individuals, or a correlation of infection is probably accurate, but doesn't mean that the vaccine is causing COVID. Its probably just indicating that people who get vaccinated are going masks off and getting exposed ... which is exactly what you'd expect and is the logical endpoint anyway; It doesn't matter when the quarantine is over, we're all getting exposed to COVID eventually, unless you decide to die in a COVID bunker. The only question is whether you're getting exposed with some baseline immunity due to vaccination or without.

That all said, its still great that we have these regulations because there's often something we don't think about. Also, the moment we lift those regulations, some rear end in a top hat is going to start testing psychotropics on kids or cloning people for organs (this probably happens already)

Also, gently caress each and every one of these loving libertarian/premillennial antivaxer assholes and all their bullshit that keeps showing up in my inbox second-hand.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tmfc posted:

here u go~

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DST1002/status/1424538296336756739

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

https://twitter.com/DST1002/status/1422291540794298376?s=20

quote:

Person. Father. CPA. I live in a house on a street in a city in a state in a country in a universe.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

tmfc posted:

here u go~

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sounds like citizen enforcement of the law to me :shrug: if she didn't want anyone to enforce the law by leashing her dog she shouldn't have broken it. she's no angel.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oy vey

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Atrios/status/1425511733473554443

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Pro follow for anyone interested:

https://twitter.com/ReddIsAri/status/1409903923373264901

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ah an Israeli citizen, obviously the most progressive person in the Middle East!!

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The only piece of legislation coming out of the Biden years is going to be some pocket change for roads that will be eaten up by contractors and the succ will treat it like the New Deal 2.0. Reminds me of when Trump would occasionally sign some small, noncontroversial bill and the desperate redhats would blow it all out of proportion.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
[thinking as hard as i possibly can]: i have long covid brain fog so it's ableist to probate me for being stupid

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1425515295406428160?s=21

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Dear god look at the replies on this tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1425376968489455618

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I told my brother during the election that it was going to be hilarious seeing the complete inversion of the whataboutism, fake news, covid is under control, anyone who disagrees with me is a traitor and a criminal etc. to the liberal side and buddy, just loving lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol. Death to America.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

lol @ the attempt to make the bill seem like a big progressive accomplishment by plastering kkklurnie slanders ont it

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021
reading the headline: wow! The Senate passed the $3.5T bill!!!!

reading the article: wow! The Senate voted to allow itself to begin drafting the $3.5T bill that manchin will kill

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

gudetama posted:

reading the headline: wow! The Senate passed the $3.5T bill!!!!

reading the article: wow! The Senate voted to allow itself to begin drafting the $3.5T bill that manchin will kill

This is why we fight. Democrats in numerous positions of power bravely implored someone to do SOMETHING and here we are, something that you will find technically qualifies as some thing.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

when did MSNBC become the bernie network in the minds of these tweeting compromised smarthome devices

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

World War Mammories posted:

reading history, learning about how the aztecs believed that the universe needed sacrifices of human hearts to function, shaking my head at these superstitions that the modern day has thankfully outgrown

I'm sure when epidemics that would eventually bring down the Aztecs were raging, the powers that be were like "We have to do more sacrifices! It's always worked for us in the past!"

Anyway, we need more market solutions. Market solutions made America great.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lol "Resolution" doing a lot of work in this headline about a win.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Gabagool posted:

when did MSNBC become the bernie network in the minds of these tweeting compromised smarthome devices

joe biden is the most progressive president of all time and or possibly since FDR, and "bernie sanders" is shorthand for "figuratively and possibly literally marxist, take the leftist lefty thing you can possible conceive of, and multiply it by ten", none of these people are interfacing with reality they are just mashing concepts they're familiar with against each other like action figures. joe biden is FDR , bernie is darmok, goatman, his rear end wide open.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

is there a Schoolhouse Rock on the way the budget process work because it's baffling how people are treating this as a win when it's a glorified shopping list

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

these are the same people who will tell you to take a civics class when you ask why the white house sucks poo poo at advocating for its agenda, but they're now mad that a prominent ally of biden's in the senate got the header pic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/MackTheVeteran/status/1425509855587094528

loquacius posted:

I really don't think Bernie's miracle reconciliation bill is gonna pass, but honestly, the dumb lib part of me really hopes it does, both because it has a bunch of climate poo poo in it as well as paid leave and universal pre-K, and because I really want to see the Hive trying to convince each other Kamala is the one that made it happen

lmao I FUCKIN CALLED IT

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

holy poo poo I cannot believe how mad they all are that Kamala Harris is not being given credit for something she did not do :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loquacius posted:

holy poo poo I cannot believe how mad they all are that Kamala Harris is not being given credit for something she did not do :allears:

it’s her turn!!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you gotta love how it's "well, Biden has no control over Congress, how do you expect him to accomplish anything? Honestly it's a miracle he's done as much as he has" all the way up until Congress tries to do something good at which point it's "WHY ISN'T JOE BIDEN BEING GIVEN CREDIT FOR THIS, HIS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

Look at this civics not-understander that doesn't know the Vice President is the precising officer of the Senate.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like, I can't even post highlights because every single post is a mad hiver

they have descended upon this MSNBC post

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

whenever Kamala isn't on screen, all the other politicians should ask "Where's Kamala???"

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

boy it sure seems like there's some deliberate strategy here with making bernie sanders the face of all things congress, could not imagine what it might be

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/KamalaNation/status/1425520709980151809?s=20

https://twitter.com/edabny62/status/1425521851015573508?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

boy it sure seems like there's some deliberate strategy here with making bernie sanders the face of all things congress, could not imagine what it might be

:thunk: