Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Some Goon posted:

Axiom Verge 2 out today mother fuckersssss

Hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

Det_no posted:

Also hot off the press, another colony management game/city builder kinda game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1538570/Patron/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13bdMZRygP4

Zero idea if it's good or not. I'm not seeing anything about it anywhere but the supposed social aspect sounds interesting, if maybe a bit of a buzzword.

I love, love, love medieval city builders as long as they look good, visually. part of what made Anno 1404 (and even older games like Caesar III) so great was how beautiful your city eventually became. so I guess I don't love medieval city builders at all because they all look like, well, this.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I saw a city builder game last year, or maybe early this year, where you play as a race of otters? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I haven't been able to find it since seeing one trailer on Reddit randomly. And my google fu has been failing me

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

The 7th Guest posted:

addendum: Boyfriend Dungeon is also launching on Gamepass today

Had a look and:

Steam Page posted:

bae blades

:frogout:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Sab669 posted:

I saw a city builder game last year, or maybe early this year, where you play as a race of otters? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I haven't been able to find it since seeing one trailer on Reddit randomly. And my google fu has been failing me

Beavers! Timberborn. The Management Megathread had some pages of people playing it recently.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Squiggle posted:

Beavers! Timberborn. The Management Megathread had some pages of people playing it recently.

Oh poo poo, wrong animal, that's why I wasn't finding it. Thanks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What's the difference between an otter and a beaver

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Beavers build dams
Otters eat clams

End of differences.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ax Verge 2 lets fuckin gooooo

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's the difference between an otter and a beaver

One is a small cute carnivore, the others are the second largest rodent and looks like a drunk vegetarian (herbivore).
Otters have pointy tails, beavers have oval ones.
Otters like to party, beavers are monogamous.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I just won't shut up about Splitgate - a free multi FPS that combines Halo gameplay with Portal's...portals. It's a revelation for me, it's just pure fun with no bullshit and it's been a long time since a multiplayer title sucked me in this fast. The game also has this thing where every few days there are 2 experimental game modes added and they just added an instagib mode for the next 3 days and it owns.

Anyway, here's the thread, check it out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975900

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Qmass posted:

I would love to know what the dev teams plans are for the ascents future. I want to play more of that game but there is no reason to go back after you finish it. If they could meld a replayable dungeon looter ARPG with that world it would be... real nice. (or a CRPG but that would be disastrously ambitious for a 12 person team)

I actually prefer the non-randomized loot, and don't really mind that it's a "one and done" type of game. :shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you all really should try Splitgate if you even remotely like fps games, its genuinely excellent

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I was avoiding the Switch thread so the direct would be a surprise when I got home but gently caress yes Axiom Verge 2

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

eonwe posted:

you all really should try Splitgate if you even remotely like fps games, its genuinely excellent

Really fun thought I was pretty much done with arena-style team fps but its great to just jump in and zip around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I survived Pripyat :toot:

Especially compared to Clear Sky, the difficulty was basically non-existent by the end, but still a great time. I'm still wanting more though so I guess it's time to start diving into the bigass world of stalker mods lmao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

That beaver looks like it has seen some poo poo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Leal posted:

That beaver looks like it has seen some poo poo

He has been up for three straight days because he keeps hearing running water and no one will help him stop it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Palpek posted:

I just won't shut up about Splitgate - a free multi FPS that combines Halo gameplay with Portal's...portals. It's a revelation for me, it's just pure fun with no bullshit and it's been a long time since a multiplayer title sucked me in this fast. The game also has this thing where every few days there are 2 experimental game modes added and they just added an instagib mode for the next 3 days and it owns.

It really is one of those rare games to truly capture that joy that Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer did, plus the genuinely ingenious portal mechanics. I just had a game with a ridiculous kill streak entirely predicated on shooting around corners through the portals and using a teammate as a fast moving decoy while they carried the Oddball.

Genuinely the perfect game for two or three rounds a day with some mates as a nice chill experience.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

holy poo poo that Axiom Verge 2 surprise!

super hype

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Palpek posted:

Anyway, here's the thread, check it out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975900

yeah I tried this out last night and it's rad

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Anybody picked up Garden Story and have an early review? I liked the demo but it didn't really show any of the progression/rebuilding element.

Also if anybody grabbed the lawnmower game how is the business aspect?

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 11, 2021

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

victrix posted:

holy poo poo that Axiom Verge 2 surprise!

super hype

Monkey paw: It's only on EGS on PC

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Sab669 posted:

One is a small cute carnivore, the others are the second largest rodent and looks like a drunk vegetarian (herbivore).

Some otters are small, but they can also be deceptively huge. Sea otters and giant otters especially are bigger than even the largest beavers, getting up to the size of a small adult human.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Some otters get very large

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

My wife!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I watched a video of someone playing Luck Be A Landlord and ended up buying it and playing it all night. It's in Early Access but it's being actively worked on, updating every month on a clearly-visible timer.

quote:

Luck be a Landlord is a roguelike deckbuilder about using a slot machine to earn rent money and defeat capitalism.

It's a very simple yet catchy pixel-based slot machine game. You have to win enough money on your slot machine to pay your ever-increasing rent every five days, but you are building and developing the slot machine at the same time, trying to add symbols that play off each other or develop into coin-spawning combos. It is pretty heavily luck-based; the Communists will secretly send you trinkets that help you manage your symbol loadout, but not enough of them. Never enough.

It's ten dollars right now, but there's a free demo!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ymgve posted:

Monkey paw: It's only on EGS on PC

do we even have an egs thread? I just launch my egs poo poo through steam

https://twitter.com/NonTrotski/status/1425504888012869642?s=19

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

victrix posted:

do we even have an egs thread? I just launch my egs poo poo through steam

we have an egs thread but it's for complaining about egs, or discussing pc game distribution politics

discussion of egs-exclusive games goes in the steam thread, which is effectively the pc gaming megathread

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

There is an EGS thread but it's mostly a mock/complaining thread tbh:Epic Games Store: The Shopping Mall for Single Item Shoppers

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

repiv posted:

we have an egs thread but it's for complaining about egs, or discussing pc game distribution politics

discussion of egs-exclusive games goes in the steam thread, which is effectively the pc gaming megathread

At one point there was also a separate pc gaming megathread that had all the same discussion as the steam thread but 10% of the posts

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

this thread should just become the pc gaming thread IMO, 95% of the discussion is just pc games in general and not specific to steam

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Hub Cat posted:

There is an EGS thread but it's mostly a mock/complaining thread tbh:Epic Games Store: The Shopping Mall for Single Item Shoppers

To be fair, there isn't much else you can do with EGS other than that. Great discount vouchers, but barely any support after that.

repiv posted:

this thread should just become the pc gaming thread IMO, 95% of the discussion is just pc games in general and not specific to steam

The other PC threads like Origin and General PC Gaming died very quickly. Steam has claimed its victory.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

repiv posted:

it already did once off of a suprise mod namechange when some mod (I forgot who) noticed the obvious
and then the thread spent the next 10 pages arguing about EGS or some poo poo and got namechanged back

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

PowerBeard posted:

The other PC threads like Origin and General PC Gaming died very quickly. Steam has claimed its victory.
I guess it's just another thing Steam has a monopoly on :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

well yeah, it's pointless to fragment discussion by multiple distribution methods on the same platform

nobody cares if you got a game on steam or gamepass or EGS or whatever

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm mad at Indiegala right now. I bought one of their 3$ bundles and it's not showing up in my library. I've sent them an email but haven't gotten more than an automated response yet.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Picayune posted:

I watched a video of someone playing Luck Be A Landlord and ended up buying it and playing it all night. It's in Early Access but it's being actively worked on, updating every month on a clearly-visible timer.

It's a very simple yet catchy pixel-based slot machine game. You have to win enough money on your slot machine to pay your ever-increasing rent every five days, but you are building and developing the slot machine at the same time, trying to add symbols that play off each other or develop into coin-spawning combos. It is pretty heavily luck-based; the Communists will secretly send you trinkets that help you manage your symbol loadout, but not enough of them. Never enough.

It's ten dollars right now, but there's a free demo!

I also posted about this a while back! It's a great little game. I won the first floor thanks to some help from the Communists, who are comrades. There's a lot to figure out but like you say, the luck-based nature of the game means you can probably do fine even if you aren't playing very well.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just released on the Game Pass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOhVJuN_3Ao

"Date your weapons" is a hell of a tagline for sure but then you learn that one of them is a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hey there's 15 minutes left on a Children of Motta discount and I can't remember if people thought it was good. Was it? For Switch?

Edit: bought it!

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 11, 2021