Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

This is even more pathetic than the people who claim to enter their names as "merry Christmas" at Starbucks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Something must have happened, because he mentions his kid being upset he used a bad word and didn't use any in his version. And he sounds exactly like the kind of person who would cuss in front of his kids and also slap them if they repeated the words they just heard.

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Something must have happened, because he mentions his kid being upset he used a bad word and didn't use any in his version. And he sounds exactly like the kind of person who would cuss in front of his kids and also slap them if they repeated the words they just heard.

He didn't use profanity because it's STDH, but in the story he says "It's loving stupid" the people are allowed to eat without their masks on. Which, ironically, yeah he's right, people shouldn't be eating in restaurants even if they are cleaning them thoroughly between each use.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Very interesting, I bet my coworker whose young son is in the hospital on oxygen right now would like to know this.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

hi goons, I need help finding an old story on the internet about Microsoft execs visiting Japan.

Things these MS exec did on their business trip to the Japan branch of their company includes:

Going “hey watch this” and throwing trash (straw wrappers?) into the middle of a hotel lobby and watching in amazement as random people pick it up within seconds every time, mortifying their guide/translator.
Going to a tea ceremony, being so large they had to be fit into robes used for sumo wrestlers, and during the tea ceremony loudly declaring how awful the tea tastes.
During their visit to the Japan branch, they had trouble connecting to the internet. As an employee crawled under their desk to make sure the Ethernet was plugged in and fix their problem, the execs berated him, only to find out later that employee was the president of MS Japan.

In general, just an amazing story about Americans being incredibly American in Japan. I could swear it was on a blogspot once upon a time. Can’t find it though! Is there another thread I should ask?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I mean that definitely sounds like poo poo that didn't happen

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

UFO Expert Linda Moulton Howe posted:

On Saturday August 26 2017, not very long ago, I received a phone call from a whistle blower in the Intel world I’ve known for about a year and a half. He is an honorably discharged marine, but he continues to work on contracts with the CIA, NSA, DIA agencies. I always keep notebooks all over my house, my office, my car, everywhere so that I can write down a phone call that I can’t record or that I’m not in my studio to record.

So I wrote this down almost word for word.

At a top robotics company in Japan this week four robots being developed for military applications killed 29 humans in the lab. And they did it by shooting what he called metal bullets. I didn’t know there was any other kind.

The scariest part is that lab workers deactivated two of the robots, took apart the third, but the fourth began restoring itself and somehow connected to an orbiting satellite to download information about how it could rebuild itself even more strongly than before.

And this next sentence, this is a quote, I’m writing this down. I’ve been doing this for years.

"This is serious poo poo Linda. but you’re never going to hear about this in the news. The robotics company has too much to lose, and the government wants AI robot soldiers". Close quote.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Aug 20, 2021

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I can buy robots killing people but just lmao at the robot connecting to a loving satellite on its own. We can barely get devices explicitly made to only connect to Wi-Fi connect to Wi-Fi

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Serperoth posted:

I can buy robots killing people but just lmao at the robot connecting to a loving satellite on its own. We can barely get devices explicitly made to only connect to Wi-Fi connect to Wi-Fi

Also "download instructions to rebuild itself" Who wrote these instructions?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

I interpreted it as the robot connecting to the internet and then finding schematics.

As always, the conspiracy theorists are way off the mark when there are actually troubling developments in military hardware becoming more autonomous

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Oh I can definitely believe the blueprints being on a server somewhere. Killer_robot_copy_draft_final(2).xlsx or something

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Serperoth posted:

Oh I can definitely believe the blueprints being on a server somewhere. Killer_robot_copy_draft_final(2).xlsx or something

Unfortunately for Skynet it was a scan of the designs eight year old Rick had made on the ride home from school

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Metal...bullets??

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Skwirl posted:

It was me, I'm trying to delete it

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It definitely went the other way around

"I was there with this guy I was see-

*Looks me up and down*

-uh with my boyfriend. Who I'm definitely still with."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bike tory posted:

It definitely went the other way around

"I was there with this guy I was see-

*Looks me up and down*

-uh with my boyfriend. Who I'm definitely still with."

"with a frien-"

"With my boyfriend."

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
It's always former Marines. Always. Like there's a requirement to go around punching college professors and investigating UFOs before you can get your full pension.

John Murdoch posted:

Metal...bullets??

I know we're supposed to assume there's some kind of scary laser bullet out there or something, but I prefer to think that the robots were shooting paintballs or plastic BB pellets up until that point.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

John Murdoch posted:

Metal...bullets??

To the tune of “Sweating Bullets”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1431300978930716673?s=20

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

looking at the replies I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered how someone experiencing some of those symptoms would find out that there was blood in their semen

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
https://twitter.com/lupus_cain/status/1435308907086311429?s=21

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Looking through that guy’s Twitter feed I honestly can’t tell if they are a lovely troll or crazy. Both??

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

the original guy (so two tweets up) actually had a point to the tweet he's getting pilloried for even, apparently the "sermon" at his university convocation was a bunch of anti-queer bullshit so it totally makes sense to walk out on that :smith:

murdered by the algorithm

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I always wonder if people like that know that they're an rear end in a top hat or if just all the other people around them are assholes so when they're not festering in their sea of assholes, they think everyone else is, in fact, the rear end in a top hat.

That's not even to say that the story is true, which it's clearly not, but that this rear end in a top hat thinks he is cool and good and in the right by writing this bullshit.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Yes, the retail worker is avoiding you because of your virility and strength of conviction, not because you're a smug idiot who they're not being paid enough to confront

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Joey Freshwater posted:

I always wonder if people like that know that they're an rear end in a top hat or if just all the other people around them are assholes so when they're not festering in their sea of assholes, they think everyone else is, in fact, the rear end in a top hat.

That's not even to say that the story is true, which it's clearly not, but that this rear end in a top hat thinks he is cool and good and in the right by writing this bullshit.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Of course this guy knows he's being an rear end in a top hat, everyone who writes poo poo like this knows they're writing about being an rear end in a top hat. This story (assuming it's sincere) is this guy's idea of a badass power fantasy and being an rear end in a top hat is part of that for people like this. He's proud of it. Everyone is either mad or jealous or afraid of him and it's supposed to make him sound cool and superior, there's no question about that part. My question is whether this guy has any small, tiny twinge of awareness of what a sad, pathetic, unimaginative fantasy this is. Because this story is definitely the most badass thing this guy can think of: being at Target maskless and disobeying a (gay, black) employee. The "right" to not suffer the tiniest inconvenience while shopping at a lovely, faceless department store is so important to him that he thinks making up a story where he's belligerent about it makes him a folk hero. There's a lot to unpack there.

I mean, at least he's not fantasizing about going on a shooting spree over it or something, but still.

londonarbuckle has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Sep 8, 2021

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

He's thinking of Pigpen, not Linus.

Can't even get his snooty reference to Peanuts right.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No, you know what, it's actually real.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
"Dear Internet,

Today I yelled at people and got kicked out of a place.

I'm off to do it again! Twice!

Love,

Nurrun"

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Memoirs are probably cheating, and memoirs of known serial liars doubly so, but holy poo poo. Ignoring how gross everything about this is, it's also incredibly difficult to believe:

my_war_crimes.txt posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Stack Machine posted:

Memoirs are probably cheating, and memoirs of known serial liars doubly so, but holy poo poo. Ignoring how gross everything about this is, it's also incredibly difficult to believe:

That the American Sniper dude? His book is like over half stdh.txt

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

This drug dealer has this ominous glass bottle under his jacket that breaks but realistically it has to just be liquor. There's no scary liquid drug that dealers carry on the street.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Sep 15, 2021

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Yeah I thought that finding a copy of it and reading a bit might give me some insight into mythmaking, but it's just paragraph after ghostwritten paragraph of unbelievable mall ninja poo poo and culture war shibboleths that gets 5-star reviews online. I guess I wasn't prepared for just how transparent it is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Stack Machine posted:

Yeah I thought that finding a copy of it and reading a bit might give me some insight into mythmaking, but it's just paragraph after ghostwritten paragraph of unbelievable mall ninja poo poo and culture war shibboleths that gets 5-star reviews online. I guess I wasn't prepared for just how transparent it is.

He lost a libel lawsuit to Jesse Ventura over it (claims he knocked out Ventura with a single punch). It's basically impossible to lose a libel suit brought to you by a famous person.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
"Popo" (a thug's term for police)

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The other thing that didn't happen there was hiring someone who understands typesetting. That kerning is painful to look at.