Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kicked off a woody allen movie lol?? I hadnt heard but that's both pathetic and dodging a bullet
https://twitter.com/TomOLeary4/status/636240219369418752?s=20

Bruce had the chance to just settle into Wes Anderson's quirky ensemble gang but that doesnt buy nearly enough coke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Academy Award Winner*

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

good to see Left 4 Dead is back

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Bruce Willis is no Cameron Mitchell.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Or David Carradine

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MonsieurChoc posted:

Bruce Willis is no Cameron Mitchell.

Cameron Mitchell is the best. Some of his film appearances are just him sitting at a desk reading off lines where they clearly just had him for one day.

Some of his film credits are just re-used bits from those same appearances where just sits at a desk and reads lines. I love it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1425174698007138305?s=20

Idris Elba as Knuckles? I don't know man

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That movie he was so drunk he couldn’t move and had an actress hired to do his lines for him was something

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

My body is ready

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up A24 is going to be doing a special one night only streaming release of The Green Knight. Next Wednesday (the 18th) tickets are $20 at https://screeningroom.a24films.com/

This is a very limited window as you can start watching anytime between 9pm-1am EDT and once you start you have 4 hours to finish (the movie itself is 2hrs5min.)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

once you start you have 4 hours to finish

Gawain won't need that long

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That movie he was so drunk he couldn’t move and had an actress hired to do his lines for him was something

Is that the same one where he’s just sitting in a wicker chair wearing a palpatine robe for the entire movie?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don’t think I buy into the Bruce Willis Alzheimer’s rumors. Then again when the tabloids were running sensational headlines that said “BRUCE JENNER TO GET GENDER REASSIGNMENT!” I didn’t believe that either.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 10, 2021

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Jose Oquendo posted:

Cameron Mitchell is the best. Some of his film appearances are just him sitting at a desk his desk in his own house reading off lines where they clearly just had him for one day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is that the same one where he’s just sitting in a wicker chair wearing a palpatine robe for the entire movie?

Yes. He even keeps the hood on during the sex scene.

Can’t remember what it was called

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Last Jedi (deleted scene)

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

feedmyleg posted:

His true burning passion was Bruno, and when we didn't buy his album he realized that there is no place for true craft and raw emotional expression in the realm of commercial art, so he decided to become a parody of a Hollywood leading man in an elaborate satirical piece of performance art.

He really lost his way after Seagram's stopped making Golden Wine Coolers.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Head's up A24 is going to be doing a special one night only streaming release of The Green Knight. Next Wednesday (the 18th) tickets are $20 at https://screeningroom.a24films.com/

This is a very limited window as you can start watching anytime between 9pm-1am EDT and once you start you have 4 hours to finish (the movie itself is 2hrs5min.)

Maybe it was my setup but for what it’s worth I used the A24 Screening Room to watch Minari and it was a loving miserable experience, the resolution never went above what felt like 360p, there’s no way to access it outside of a web browser so it’s difficult to get it onto your TV unless you have a laptop, and the price was $20 for a single viewing when it just became available for purchase at the same price on digital storefronts like two or three weeks later. Unless you need to see this movie ASAP I’d highly recommend just waiting for the full home release.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Pirate Jet posted:

Maybe it was my setup but for what it’s worth I used the A24 Screening Room to watch Minari and it was a loving miserable experience, the resolution never went above what felt like 360p, there’s no way to access it outside of a web browser so it’s difficult to get it onto your TV unless you have a laptop, and the price was $20 for a single viewing when it just became available for purchase at the same price on digital storefronts like two or three weeks later. Unless you need to see this movie ASAP I’d highly recommend just waiting for the full home release.

Same. Also there’s a watermark that drifts around the perimeter and is pretty annoying.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

Eggnogium posted:

Same. Also there’s a watermark that drifts around the perimeter and is pretty annoying.

You'd think that after the success of Netflix, prime video, Disney + etc. that they'd realise that poo poo like this massively encourages people to pirate films.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Eggnogium posted:

That's insane. Paying full price to watch some dumbass watermark bounce around, what an insult. As if the watermark is really going to protect the film from determined pirates.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Eggnogium posted:

Lol yeah I forgot about that, that happens too. Nothing like watching a movie whose main appeal is pretty visuals at a low resolution on my PC with a watermark in the way.

Vegetable posted:

That's insane. Paying full price to watch some dumbass watermark bounce around, what an insult. As if the watermark is really going to protect the film from determined pirates.

I guess the idea is that the watermark contains a unique ID for your payment method but getting banned from something they’ve used twice in the past year is really not that big of a punishment.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Casimir Radon posted:

The first one was kind of lame but not terrible. The second was considerably dumber, and wasted a bunch of time fellating noted scum bag Chuck Norris. Didn’t bother with the third.

The second movie has JCVD chewing the scenery and you could do worse. The third is forgettable despite the presence of Mel Gibson but it does heavily insinuate that Jet Li and Arnold Schwarzenegger's characters are a gay couple.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pirate Jet posted:

Why not just see it in the theater??

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

CharlestheHammer posted:

Low Blow! Which also has an extended "action sequence" where a guy spends several hours chainsawing a car apart and someone getting kicked so hard their head explodes into a pile of cake gore.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Covid is turned and it’s packin an uzi

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Low Blow! Which also has an extended "action sequence" where a guy spends several hours chainsawing a car apart and someone getting kicked so hard their head explodes into a pile of cake gore.

Sounds like it took the best parts from both street fighter and mortal Kombat, awesome

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why not see a movie in theaters in February 2021 before vaccines were available to the general public?

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 12, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The first one was decent, I'm down

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think they'll digitally erase both of Tails' buttholes?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you think they'll digitally erase both of Tails' buttholes?

They have to remember to erase all four of Knuckles' dicks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

crosspost

The Last Call posted:

Hey guys remember this poo poo bag?

Gina Carano Reveals Details About First Project Since ‘The Mandalorian’; Actress Will Star In Revenge Thriller Scripted By ‘The Hitcher’ Writer Eric Red

https://deadline.com/2021/08/gina-carano-mandalorian-new-movie-daily-wire-hitcher-eric-red-1234812717/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

EXCLUSIVE: Gina Carano will have her revenge. In her first project since The Mandalorian, we can reveal that the actress is set to star as a traumatized woman who hires a long-hauler to track down an infamous serial killer.

The Hitcher and Near Dark scribe Eric Red has written the script for the untitled action-thriller, which is based on his novel White Knuckle. The story follows a strong-willed woman who survives an attempt by serial killer-trucker “White Knuckle.” Haunted by her encounter and the cops’ inability to catch her tormentor, she partners with a trucker to end the killer’s reign of terror.

Yeah took her a year to finally get something going due to her being a piece of poo poo repeatedly despite given several chances by Disney.

The director is also........special:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Red

Following a car accident, Red crashed his truck into a crowded bar in Los Angeles on May 31, 2000, resulting in the deaths of two patrons. After the incident, Red apparently exited his vehicle and attempted suicide by slitting his own throat with a piece of broken glass.[6] Red survived the incident, was taken to the hospital under an alias and was released weeks later. No criminal charges were brought against Red, but a jury in a civil suit awarded monetary damages to the families of the victims. The suit, which awarded over a million dollars to the families of the two men killed in the accident, was appealed to state and federal courts, which confirmed the original jury finding.

Truly the best people.

One other detail, remember how they wanted to boycott Disney plus for this? Yeah well in a new report Disney Plus toppled expectations and has 116 million subscribers.
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1425853591034626048?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1425900948422119425?s=20

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You're telling me that the lady married to Mr. CIA is going to be in a movie glorifying an organization famous for union busting? I am shook.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

HIRE MORE WOMEN PINKERTONS

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You can just make a film about a women trying to be a private eye

You don’t need the Pinkerton.

Most people don’t even know who they are

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 12, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can just make a film about a women trying to be a secret I’ve.

You don’t need the Pinkerton.

Most people don’t even know who they are

The point of the movie is probably to create positive publicity for the pinkertons, an organization most people will not have heard of otherwise. I’d be surprised if they weren’t paying a lot of money to get the movie made.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's okay, The Rock is playing the guy that started the Molly Maguires

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Molly Maguires is a good movie and definitely worth seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean the specific woman in question did good things, this was before the Pinkertons went into crushing organized labor.