Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I always found the actual story in Diablo 3 to be okay. But the delivery is total balls and the Azmodan Skyping gets loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Big new Median version out in a month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSso6IdmbrQ

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Is anyone playing the new season of PD2? Lightning Fury got buffed so I rolled a zon to start. Got to around 70 and realized I wasn't having much fun so I swapped to a golem necro. I can do NM cows alright with this necro so I'm probably going to farm them for a while and see what drops.

I started the last season a month late so its nice to be on the ground floor of this one.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah im playing with my normal group. got a 71 blizz sorc and 70 throw barb so far. the rest of the group is a mb sin, wind druid and lf zon. all of these builds seem mostly just ok to good, nothing like death sentry last season.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mordja posted:

Big new Median version out in a month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSso6IdmbrQ

You know, I never played with Median XL. Maybe I should.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
I played pd2 season 1, and I'm still all diabloed-out. I'll probably play again whenever they deliver the promised pvp support.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jimbot posted:

You know, I never played with Median XL. Maybe I should.
Median XL is not even Diablo 2. It is its own game in a heavily modified d2 engine and it's a pretty good game that's better than a lot of the arpg releases from the past few years.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I like the ideas behind Median XL but it’s just way too loving overwhelming for me to enjoy.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ugh I'm so pathetic. Open beta for Resurrected is on the 20th, but its on the 13th-17th for people who pre ordered. So I pre ordered...

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend

cnice
Apr 6, 2017
Curious how this open beta is going to be with 8 people spamming vfx everywhere and wondering if my computer is going to explode.

Looking forward to playing pally and druid with the updated graphics and doing some very/low level dueling.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

C'mon it's not going to look that good

Khorne
May 1, 2002

codo27 posted:

There was a massive delay whenever you took a waypoint even in the same act during the previous beta. Anything is possible!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

codo27 posted:

The game looks pretty drat good. With the old art style updated to be sharper 3D images, it looks on par with Grim Dawn. But better because Diablo.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Do we have a hang out for people who pre ordered and plan on playing all weekend? Preferably on discord?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm sure one of the existing cords like MPEG will have a place for us. Its only A1 and 2 though so binging all weekend might be a stretch (still plan on doing it though)

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

codo27 posted:

I'm sure one of the existing cords like MPEG will have a place for us. Its only A1 and 2 though so binging all weekend might be a stretch (still plan on doing it though)

If I kill 69 billion fallen I can hit level 99.

Tektolnes
Jul 2, 2013
You can get into the early beta by watching 2.5 hours of Twitch streams on D2R, if you don't want to preorder that is.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm gonna buy the god drat fuckin thing anyway and on day one so its not like I'll be able to get some cheap rear end key. I'm gonna get my moneys worth. Might as well buy it now

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Servers are a bit of a mess and it’s crashed a few times. That being said, I’ll be god damned this game is fun and I am looking forward to the full release.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Nairbo posted:

Servers are a bit of a mess and it’s crashed a few times. That being said, I’ll be god damned this game is fun and I am looking forward to the full release.

Agreed, and I think it looks really good. There is some QoL I personally would've liked to see, but it's also cool that it's pretty much the same game underneath and you can just switch to classic by pressing a button.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Any word on ultrawide working? I’m seeing mixed reports.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
Beat act 1 with a Barb in an 8 player game, owned.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

chaosapiant posted:

It worked in alpha but restricted to 16:9 now apparently. It sorta makes sense given that it offers up both a PvM and PvP advantage but the game isn’t competitive so that’s kinda lame. Maybe they’ll revert given the backlash seems to be pretty high right now at least on forums and Reddit.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

chaosapiant posted:

they removed ultrawide support

Not removing it means everyone from 4:3 to 16:9 players will play in ultrawide with black bars. That's what happens in every ultrawide supporting game that renders stuff "offscreen" at normal resolutions.

Ideally they'd stop rendering mobs far away, but that would be a big change to the game and create a lot of issues with how the engine works.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 14, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm very impressed with the controller support.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my friends are peer pressuring me into playing. obviously im the only Powergamer of the group so I don't want to do that again, I don't have the chutzpah to run pindlebots and all that mishegoss anymore. but i do wanna play a palading so im wanting to make a more esoteric pala. im thinking maybe convictadin w/vengeance or maybe some kind of defiance pally, which ive never run. no smite, btw, i have prejudice against smite since my days in palapk/1. any advice? i think vengeance/vict is gonna be it but man would it be slow compared to a fana zealot.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
on the very first 1.10 ladder the highest level pala was guess who, thats right, this guy, on a zealot. for a few days. second highest lvl was a team of germans on a hammerdin. had an absolutely insane cryptic sword that i upgraded from a long sword charsi imbue. beyond godly. cruel and fools plus cold dmg and some other poo poo. anyways i was showing it to a guy and checked in on trade. immediate uninstall. sad poo poo. rip.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i once had a concadin in palapk/1 who got 4 frame zeal with a fury phase blade. man he was sick. there was a guy in there who ran defiance who i think was a sacadin or someting. very strange. you werent allowed to run eth back then in there in duels so it was pretty cool.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk, maybe ill just play a zoo nec or maybe ce nec. maybe an ele druid. hell, im all mixed up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if it's just me, or if they deliberately made a change, or if this is just a function of the game running at a much higher frame-rate, but the summons seems a LOT more responsive and aggressive. I'm playing around with a pure summoner Druid right now and the wolves feel powerful as heck.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oh wow, they dropped the TCP/IP feature from the Remake, so, uh, maybe if I get it I should just get the console version. Multiplayer mods will be dead in the water.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Smythe posted:

my friends are peer pressuring me into playing. obviously im the only Powergamer of the group so I don't want to do that again, I don't have the chutzpah to run pindlebots and all that mishegoss anymore. but i do wanna play a palading so im wanting to make a more esoteric pala. im thinking maybe convictadin w/vengeance or maybe some kind of defiance pally, which ive never run. no smite, btw, i have prejudice against smite since my days in palapk/1. any advice? i think vengeance/vict is gonna be it but man would it be slow compared to a fana zealot.

I once spent a week researching a vengeance based paladin, figuring out all the little details. Started the build and it was extremely crappy due to the single target attack. You'd be better off with zeal and a rift or dual dream.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Act 1 completed at level 16.

Game still owns so many years later.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I cannot believe how loving good this plays with a controller. At this rate I’ll never go back to playing with a KB&M and I’m already wishing Diablo 3 for PC had controller support.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Have any d2r devs elaborated on why the necro and sin are not in the beta?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Luitpold posted:

Have any d2r devs elaborated on why the necro and sin are not in the beta?

I don't think they need to do they? They are focusing the test on other classes

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I feel like I have a duty to resurrect the d2jsp goon clan if there are enough of us that come back into the fold

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Game is fun as expected, but dealing with latency and hiccups from server issues while playing by myself is a pain.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Deofuta posted:

Game is fun as expected, but dealing with latency and hiccups from server issues while playing by myself is a pain.

Its not just while playing alone. Arcane Sanctuary is still trickier than a costco parking lot with all the rubber banding. Bit gross that it mostly feels like a layer of (very well done) gloss so far without any true core upgrades besides a few minor things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

codo27 posted:

Its not just while playing alone. Arcane Sanctuary is still trickier than a costco parking lot with all the rubber banding. Bit gross that it mostly feels like a layer of (very well done) gloss so far without any true core upgrades besides a few minor things.

The gamble refresher is awesome, wish they had it for vendors but they're all tied together in everyone's game. Also the miss indicator owns.