Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pik_d posted:

lmao, just read it back and it looks like Oochi is the sacrifice instead of the god.

Even better, Saitama is the reason the monsters are scared of the ghost town. He's their monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

Even better, Saitama is the reason the monsters are scared of the ghost town. He's their monster.

Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of
forever.

He is legend.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chiasaur11 posted:

Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of
forever.

He is legend.

The fate of the perfect being. Unassailable. Terrifying.

Bored.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Another redraw, a few chapters prior to the last one (Chapter 109, last one was 115), I am confused about the timeline though.

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/3YktBQL/1/1/

pik_d fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 10, 2021

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
LMAO, of course Murata is too horny to let the sexy BDSM dominatrix monster lady just die like that. And of course she will have a rematch against Fubuki. :allears:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Redraws are so give and take.

and this one took more than the last gave. I dont like it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

Another redraw, a few chapters prior to the last one (Chapter 109, last one was 115), I am confused about the timeline though.

This is a redraw of American chapter 107, so the one right after the last redraw.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Redraws are so give and take.

and this one took more than the last gave. I dont like it.

Unless you're only talking about not killing the BDSM monster, this chapter actually just added a bunch of stuff and took nothing out. It works and looks a lot better.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jerkface posted:

This is a redraw of American chapter 107, so the one right after the last redraw.

Unless you're only talking about not killing the BDSM monster, this chapter actually just added a bunch of stuff and took nothing out. It works and looks a lot better.

I meant it more in just a sense of quality but yeah not killing BDSM monster is what im talking about. Just...why
The new bits with king are good tho.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I definitely prefer that Psychos believes that King killed Orochi, vs her seeing Saitama and just not knowing who he is. This could even payoff a bit in the next new chapter when King faces off against the cadres.

Do-S returning is kind of “meh”, though. Getting revived by monster blood is a new thing, I guess. And I suppose it closes the loop on her previous encounter with Fubuki. But I hope the resolution of this doesn’t take too much time. Bang, alone, could finish off her entire posse in a second

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jerkface posted:

Why the heck do the title pages say 109 and 115 then :wtc:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

Why the heck do the title pages say 109 and 115 then :wtc:

no loving idea!!! That was driving me nuts. I don't know how the japanese version and american version didnt end up with the same chapter #s

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pik_d posted:

King Joke status: still funny

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Someone asked earlier I think but how the gently caress do volume releases work with all these redraws? I'd been interested in picking up physical copies but at this point it'd be all the old versions of all these chapters.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Someone asked earlier I think but how the gently caress do volume releases work with all these redraws? I'd been interested in picking up physical copies but at this point it'd be all the old versions of all these chapters.

They stop redoing chapters after they've been published into volumes. The Saitama Orochi fight is basically the furthest back they can go.

Note that the volumes usually contain a few minor changes from the redraws as well. Things like cleaning up backgrounds, or moving characters around in group shots.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

oh jay posted:

They stop redoing chapters after they've been published into volumes. The Saitama Orochi fight is basically the furthest back they can go.

Note that the volumes usually contain a few minor changes from the redraws as well. Things like cleaning up backgrounds, or moving characters around in group shots.

I think the chapter numbering also gets fixed in the volumes. I bought the volumes from the start of the raid on the Monster Association, and noticed that they had split up that massive chapter so that one of the volumes started right at the point where Atomic Samurai kills that Rhino monster.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

oh jay posted:

Oh rad, time to blow some money thanks

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is the first King in combat joke that's worked for me in a while because I hate fun and don't like Mr. Satan.

No idea what ONE's aiming for with this rewrite though I am getting bored of every female monster being evil Fubuki but also a [blank].

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

This is the first King in combat joke that's worked for me in a while because I hate fun and don't like Mr. Satan.

No idea what ONE's aiming for with this rewrite though I am getting bored of every female monster being evil Fubuki but also a [blank].

King is no Mr. Satan! I am in the camp that thinks he has super powerful luck and reality-bending powers, not that he's just a gag.

And on second reading I think the big reveal of this redraw issue is that Amai Mask is a monster. I didn't put it together at first, but Do-S pierced his eye before he killed her, and his ("monster") blood was on her tongue. His blood has regenerative powers, which is how she's back to life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

And on second reading I think the big reveal of this redraw issue is that Amai Mask is a monster. I didn't put it together at first, but Do-S pierced his eye before he killed her, and his ("monster") blood was on her tongue. His blood has regenerative powers, which is how she's back to life.

Oh that makes much more sense, I thought he either underestimated how much force he'd need to kill her and she wasn't dead or the blood on the wall dripped down and revived her.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

King Joke status: still funny

I knew exactly what happening and I hollered again. It's just an amazing joke.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wasn't that joke originally there?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kild posted:

Wasn't that joke originally there?

No Psykos saw it was Saitama.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I think Kild meant the shapeshifter thinking King had seen through his disguise, which (to answer the question) was also in the original.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I think Kild meant the shapeshifter thinking King had seen through his disguise, which (to answer the question) was also in the original.

I have the feeling it wasn't even redrawn but more or less preserved as it was, and honestly? Why change something perfect? Good choice, Murata.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Mr. Satan is legitimately the best non-superpowered martial artist in the world, while King is a random schmuck who happens to have a cool scar :V

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Reminder that Mr. Satan is as physically capable as Goku was when he fought Raditz. So way behind the main characters by that point, but dang if the man doesn't deserve respect.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Bleck posted:

Reminder that Mr. Satan is as physically capable as Goku was when he fought Raditz. So way behind the main characters by that point, but dang if the man doesn't deserve respect.

He was a man born at the wrong time in history kinda, but he made mad bank on it so I guess it worked out.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Bleck posted:

lol no

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, Mr. Satan beat Cell and Majin Buu! He's obviously stronger than that 'Goku' guy who just uses special effects and cheap tricks to look tough.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, Mr. Satan beat Cell and Majin Buu! He's obviously stronger than that 'Goku' guy who just uses special effects and cheap tricks to look tough.

And all of that was before he became a god to fight the God of Destruction Beebus. Truly, he is our champion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mr. satan is a charismatic hero to the people. goku is a psychopath who has gladly let everyone he knows die for the sake of a good fight on multiple occasions. access to dragonballs hosed that dude up something fierce.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bleck posted:

No he was about as strong as that King Chapa who fought and lost to Goku easily twice and got killed by Tambourine.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The weird thing is in Dragonball ki and supernatural abilities were a commonplace, accepted phenomenon. Suddenly in Z everyone thinks it's fake.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

No he was about as strong as that King Chapa who fought and lost to Goku easily twice and got killed by Tambourine.

And yet, Goku was killed by Cell, while no-one ever killed Mr. Satan in any surviving timeline.

Mr. Satan is so powerful that any timeline where he dies is erased from existence due to sheer illogic.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Earth in Dragonball makes no sense, to be fair.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bleck posted:

I dunno, I don't think Mr. Satan's surviving space or picking up a car anytime soon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I dunno, I don't think Mr. Satan's surviving space or picking up a car anytime soon.

I mean, surviving in space is one thing, but when it comes to strength, he's not too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, surviving in space is one thing, but when it comes to strength, he's not too bad.

Oh yeah but normal standards guy was amazing.