Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
“but why now?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Nick did say he wanted to write for Carlson

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

henkman posted:

Nick did say he wanted to write for Carlson

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

If you love the way they sound you are probably as hosed in the head as they are.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Dmitri-9 posted:

If you love the way they sound you are probably as hosed in the head as they are.

it’s just nice to know you’re not the only anhedonic nihilist atlantean nationalist out there

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dmitri-9 posted:

this is misogyny

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dmitri-9 posted:

adahm. do my lauhndry.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

babe wake up, new true anon just dropped

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dmitri-9 posted:

I rate conversations based on a weighted percentage of vocal fry analyzed during a three-minute vertical slice,

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mayman10 posted:

babe wake up, new true anon just dropped
nice. i still haven't listened to the latest one jestermaxx, going to catch up on friday night to some snowrunner. they've been cranking them out quickly drat.

apparently they've also listed second NYC shows and 2 Philly shows and they instantly sold out, holy hell. brace/liz getting too popular. i better keep a trigger-finger on the :20bux: button if they do a SF show again.

my boy brace making equally as much money as Cumtown :eyepop: good for them really, its the best podcast.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:12 on Aug 12, 2021

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

The nice part of Brace making a ton of money is that there's a near 100% guarantee it's going cool outfits, guns, and drugs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mayman10 posted:

The nice part of Brace making a ton of money is that there's a near 100% guarantee it's going cool outfits, guns, and drugs

i thought brace was sober

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dmitri-9 posted:

the 2 girls doing the red scare thing are two of the most loathsome characters in a show filled with horrible people

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

weed is expensive in california with all these taxes. either that or importing mango juul pods costs $$$$$$$

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I really like Chapo Trap House and think the dry boys are all pretty smart and insightful but it’s pretty clear from both this show and stories from Amber and Cum Town that Felix is an indelible man child who lives like a slob and who struggles with even the slightest bit of discomfort and is kind of the same whiny baby that all Big City Suburban Jewish millennials grow up into (I’m a Jewish millenial, not trying to sound anti-semitic, just saying it’s a very common archetype)

i used to have a housemate who was also a jewish guy from suburban chicago, really fun guy to hang out with but he was definitely like, a rich kid who didn't actually need to work and kind of a slob because of it, so i know the type exactly

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

nice. i still haven't listened to the latest one jestermaxx, going to catch up on friday night to some snowrunner. they've been cranking them out quickly drat.

apparently they've also listed second NYC shows and 2 Philly shows and they instantly sold out, holy hell. brace/liz getting too popular. i better keep a trigger-finger on the :20bux: button if they do a SF show again.

my boy brace making equally as much money as Cumtown :eyepop: good for them really, its the best podcast.
the father (chapo), the son (trueanon), and the holy spirit (cum town)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

the 2 girls doing the red scare thing are two of the most loathsome characters in a show filled with horrible people

i'm making my resort-loving friends watch it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

i'm making my resort-loving friends watch it

have you worked anywhere that is as fancy as the hotel in the show? my brain just kinda breaks when thinking how expensive all this poo poo must be

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

have you worked anywhere that is as fancy as the hotel in the show? my brain just kinda breaks when thinking how expensive all this poo poo must be

not quite like that but i was here for eighteen months. the clientele was just awful. for anyone watching white lotus, shane and tanya are by far the most realistic characters

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he's sober for opioids and the like, but pretty sure he smokes weed/nicotine and drinks still

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

weed is expensive in california with all these taxes. either that or importing mango juul pods costs $$$$$$$

you can't beat Chicago or DC for world's most expensive weed

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

god i wish mike duncan didnt annoy me so much i would love Revolutions, from Rome to now idk why but he has always bugged me. Every year or so ill try to give him a listen.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

its so loving funny that buying weed from dispensaries became popular. makes we wonder what all you flatlanders were doing before. you can't even sell it in this county unless you're talking kilos and kilos lol. at most you give people like $20 for a giant bag, or more often just trade labor for the next harvest. weed's free to me, although im not a weed guy so maybe its possible people are out there burning so much herb that they wouldn't be able to utilize the good ol' boy supply chain

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

makes we wonder what all you flatlanders were doing before.

they have made so many movies about this that I can't believe you don't know what we do lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

they have made so many movies about this that I can't believe you don't know what we do lol

i don't believe movies tell an accurate portrayal of life as it's generally totally alien to my Lived Experience

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't believe movies tell an accurate portrayal of life as it's generally totally alien to my Lived Experience

true, but I can say that the effort put into every effort to buy weed in any comedy movie around it is basically the flatlander experience

a harrowing, extremely long experience with little payout for $60, more or less

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Larry Parrish posted:

wait what? you don't think harold and kumar is n accurate portrayal of life?? come on, everyone has played battleshits

but uh yeah there's going to be vast regional differences or even whose in your circle. being in food service is an irl gamegenie hack for getting infinite free drugs; someone whose a loner 16 year old or someone who just moved into town for a white collar job are gunna have vastly different time

it wasnt hard to get illegal weed for me in CA: most of the time it was easy and cheaper, but there were times it was either an awkward or needlessly pain in the rear end that dispensaries have been much more pleasant even with the tax markup if the desire ever arises.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 09:38 on Aug 12, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
you just ask your neighbors if you're new to the area, but i can see how that might be intimidating if you're an immigrant or a weirdo shutin or something yeah

but yeah if you're new to an area because of school or a job you'll be able to fall rear end-backwards into that unless you've got some kinda communication problem. i bet it was harder for people who "made it" and bought a house moving to the suburbs or exurbs

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 10:00 on Aug 12, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you just ask your neighbors if you're new to the area, but i can see how that might be intimidating if you're an immigrant or a weirdo shutin or something yeah

flatlanders are allergic to neighbors and talking to them lol. suburb mindset really fucks these people over.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i'm a flatlander from the gulf coast and yeah it is weird how people don't get to know their neighbors in apartment complexes

at my last place one of my neighbors got me back into magic cards and i joined their playgroup, and the place before that in silicon valley i had cool neighbors on one side who i used to introduce cocktails to because they'd never done that and also there was a cool chick down the hall next to the elevator who had a piano which is always rad when played regularly

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what does flatlanders even mean in this context. You all sound like fallout npcs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

what does flatlanders even mean in this context. You all sound like fallout npcs

people who don't live in the mountains. which since im from California is basically everyone besides me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you can incant a magical word here: "y'all"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

you can incant a magical word here: "y'all"

i don't know how to feel about y'all suddenly being very popular but I don't appreciate being made fun of for my sometimes kind of oaky accent as a teen and then ten years later suddenly it's how you signify your a Chill Epic Progressive

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't know how to feel about y'all suddenly being very popular but I don't appreciate being made fun of for my sometimes kind of oaky accent as a teen and then ten years later suddenly it's how you signify your a Chill Epic Progressive

This is cultural appropriation of inbred mountain trolls! drat flatlanders.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
People said y'all all over suburban Arizona 20 years ago, I do not understand this forums weird obsession with it being folksy appropriation or thinking it's somehow a new thing. It's a common american contraction not some holy southern slogan.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
also my cushvlog backlog is like 7 hours now or something, someone post a summary of matts latest plz

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoLambo posted:

People said y'all all over suburban Arizona 20 years ago, I do not understand this forums weird obsession with it being folksy appropriation or thinking it's somehow a new thing. It's a common american contraction not some holy southern slogan.

you'd know if you had to interact with California freaks. yall is pretty unnatural to the way rich people talk here. they don't do much drawling. they do that weird anti-accent where everything sounds really deliberate that you get from people who tried too hard to learn English fluently. so when y'all slips out of someone's mouth that talks like that it's just... Really weird

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoLambo posted:

white goons saw someone on Twitter with 8 followers claim y’all is cultural appropriation like 6 years ago and just ran with it. We’re a very gullible people. My family says y’all because my dad is from West Virginia and kids in NY made fun of me for it but people In Philly say y’all all the time (we also say Wudder and Cuhner instead of water and corner) so the weird goon response to y’all always comes off as 100% online people parroting something that they don’t understand.

anyway, Tarik is the funniest, nobody can make me giggle like the helldude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i don't like "y'all" because anyone in california who says it is the most annoying kind of person