Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

the motherfucker skipping town for Mexico combined with pandemic has really hushed the whole thing up

We have extradition with Mexico but I imagine he's gone to hide in some private drug lord style compound off grid by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Zenithe posted:

Yeah Howard power walking in the green and gold is as iconic to the Howard years as the Iraq war

:australia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFl5Lj0jqMM

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

John Howard fun fact:

He lived at his parents house until he was 30, and then he moved into his wife's house.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BrigadierSensible posted:

John Howard fun fact:

He lived at his parents house until he was 30, and then he moved into his wife's house.

Baller poo poo imo

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

John Howard fun fact:

Lifters not leaners.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hooman posted:

Lifters not leaners.
Just going to put it out there, much easier to lean against a house then lift it. Like with out equipment just one person ain't going to lift poo poo.

In short the real lifters in Australian society are folk lifts yet do conservatives praise them, no!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

Just going to put it out there, much easier to lean against a house then lift it. Like with out equipment just one person ain't going to lift poo poo.

In short the real lifters in Australian society are folk lifts yet do conservatives praise them, no!

Lifters are the ones who creat the jobs by being rich and business men. Leaners are the manual slobs who work at those businesses.

No real lifter drives a mere forklift, they drive a benz or an audi.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Howard fun fact:

Smart!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Oh look, another part of NSW is going into lockdown*. Gold Standard!

*Some half arsed useless lockdown

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

John Howard fun fact:

And then 5 years later entered Federal Parliament.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The ASX still getting record highs has me cackling like the joker

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Animal Friend posted:

Does this just show the lack of economic significance of NSW?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Periphery posted:

For some reason I started reading the vic exposure sites details despite being no where near melbourne and there's weird stuff. A public toilet appeared for two days, from 9:30 am to 4:30pm one day, 9:30 to 4:40 pm the next, with anyone who was there to confine for 14 days and get tested. Did the covid case set up shop in the toilets or do they eat kfc?

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Yeah Howard power walking in the green and gold is as iconic to the Howard years as the Iraq war

My friend lives across the road from him. He still gets out and about for a walk, just looking a bit more old and slow these days.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Eediot Jedi posted:

For some reason I started reading the vic exposure sites details despite being no where near melbourne and there's weird stuff. A public toilet appeared for two days, from 9:30 am to 4:30pm one day, 9:30 to 4:40 pm the next, with anyone who was there to confine for 14 days and get tested. Did the covid case set up shop in the toilets or do they eat kfc?

I figure it's someone that works nearby and that's the toilet they use when they are at work. If the person used the toilet multiple times during each day (and likely don't know exactly when as they don't have to sign in to use the shitter) they probably just take a precautionary approach to making it an exposure site for the whole time the person was working?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hooman posted:

Lifters are the ones who creat the jobs by being rich and business men. Leaners are the manual slobs who work at those businesses.

No real lifter drives a mere forklift, they drive a benz or an audi.

I don't care conservatives politicians don't know what word mean. Lifters lift things, folklifts do pretty much nothing but lift things, thus folklifts are the true aussie lifter.

And yes I will die on this hill. :colbert:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Animal Friend posted:

Fyi, every quarter they take out stocks that are losing value and put in stocks that are gaining value.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

I don't care conservatives politicians don't know what word mean. Lifters lift things, folklifts do pretty much nothing but lift things, thus folklifts are the true aussie lifter.

And yes I will die on this hill forklift that has hoisted me into the air. :colbert:

FTFY.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hoisted on his own petard hillshoist

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
please stop implicating me in NSW being poo poo

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Periphery posted:

I figure it's someone that works nearby and that's the toilet they use when they are at work. If the person used the toilet multiple times during each day (and likely don't know exactly when as they don't have to sign in to use the shitter) they probably just take a precautionary approach to making it an exposure site for the whole time the person was working?

To not shitpost about it I think it was the public toilets at the Caroline Springs shopping centre that's seen transmission but they couldn't work out where in there. All staff there have to quarantine for 14 days.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Eediot Jedi posted:

Not sure if this still applies, but having taught some basic biology/microbiology I don't see why it wouldn't. Early in the pandemic they said if you share a toilet with someone you're basically going to catch their Covid, it's not guaranteed but the way a flush toilet work basically just spreads whatever virus the person had in their poo poo onto every surface. They probably used the toilet in the morning and they didn't get deep cleaned till later.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Folklifts would do that to me after I just went out to bat for them like that!

Jerks.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Periphery posted:

Is anyone actually challenging her now on why there's still no ring of steel or whatever you want to call it?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The press will ask questions at the conference, get an extremely bullshit/wishy washy answer, and it follow it up with harder lines of questioning.

So yes but entirely in a way that does not hold her accountable.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

freebooter posted:

Is anyone actually challenging her now on why there's still no ring of steel or whatever you want to call it?

I think so, they just respond with blah blah we will act as appropriate based on health advice…

Anyway, Sutton is saying this latest outbreak looks like it was kicked off by fresh incursion from NSW so hopefully national cabinet tells Gladys to pull her loving head in and start doing something that works for a change because I’m sick of going into lockdown because she wants to make a political point about doing it differently to Victoria.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Advertiser saying Pfizer bookings for 16-39 year olds will be open from Monday in SA.

Expecting the site to cope for about 5-10 minutes before completely making GBS threads itself.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

10 new locally acquired cases in Qld. All in home quarantine. 1 from overseas in hotel quarantine.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Astounded it lasted so long

https://twitter.com/Stela_Todorovic/status/1425618503436931075

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
RMH are piloting Pfizer access to household contacts of priority staff so I'm getting the good juice this monday and cancelling my appointment for the bad juice the following monday :toot:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

RMH are piloting Pfizer access to household contacts of priority staff so I'm getting the good juice this monday and cancelling my appointment for the bad juice the following monday :toot:

get all the juice and become some kind of antibody superman

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

GoldStandardConure posted:

get all the juice and become some kind of antibody superman

I can't find a good supplier for Krokodil here unfortunately so I'll never complete the bingo card

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Getting the bad juice today. :hehe:

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

I can't find a good supplier for Krokodil here unfortunately so I'll never complete the bingo card

Hook me up with that Sputnik V goodness so I can ride a horse shirtless like the Caucasus super man that I aspire to.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Konomex posted:

Not sure if this still applies, but having taught some basic biology/microbiology I don't see why it wouldn't. Early in the pandemic they said if you share a toilet with someone you're basically going to catch their Covid, it's not guaranteed but the way a flush toilet work basically just spreads whatever virus the person had in their poo poo onto every surface. They probably used the toilet in the morning and they didn't get deep cleaned till later.
I warned you all about flush toilets! But would you listen?

Was irresponsibly travelling about in rural NSW recently and saw this sign

I'm happy that big digestion has finally recognised the needs of the whole community.

Chad Riley died after being shot with a stun gun in an Officeworks car park in East Perth on 12 May 2017. He had a pre-existing heart condition and his family believes the stun gun directly caused his death. Western Australian police said officers were responding to an unrelated armed robbery call and saw Riley in need of "urgent medical attention". They said he became "aggressive" and "assaulted officers" before they used the stun gun, and that as they "continued their attempt to restrain the man, he became unresponsive". No officers have been suspended or charged over his death and an inquest is yet to be scheduled.

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given, injured in custody, force used, mental health / cognitive impairment.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im getting AZ next tue but keeping my pfizer appointment for October since it seems like its definitely going to be worth having as much protection as you can.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Can I get a clot for scott gang tag?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Turned out to be scheduled for five PM, supermarkets are gonna get fuuuuucked uuuuup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There’s a line of about 50 people out the door of the Woolies in Belco