Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
i have missed stress-free gluttony and i'm starting to actually internalize that we crushed these nerds

last night we went to some yuppie taco place and got one of every taco like ten types and had loving duck quesadillas too it was amazing

tonight we went to the best oldschool steakhouse in town and madison is a foodie town mind you and i had a 20 oz bone-in tenderloin rare it was big enough that you could beat someone to death with it, gf had venison tenderloin, also coquille st jacques which is this amazing french sea scallop and white wine and mashed potatoes /thing/ that's served in a loving seashell anyway i ate so much rare expensive tenderloin tonight i got the loving meat sweats probably a loving pound of it

got home smoked a joint napped for two hours it ruled

the best revenge is living well

after having actually also gotten your actual revenge of course, eat poo poo pubs lol lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pyrometer posted:

The gently caress does this even mean

lol at this whole sequence

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

interesting when some dork gets real upset about the concept of shunning shitheads

no wait, it’s just another shithead

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i thought i spoke relatively plainly but uh here lets make it very clear:

bully the people you don't want in your community and if you get shouted down by others rather than agreed with, just leave

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

And yet I'm with you. Alex emailed me, invited me back, and I came back. Appreciate the cultural revolution, but when I ask for clarification, you fling youre machete around like I'm some kind of rw shithead. Chill the gently caress out

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

Alright so, do you think all the normal people who get hired to work on structures get to evacuate before they get blown up? I'm gonna go with no.

Every time you self destruct a frigate, heaps of people die.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Every time you self destruct a frigate, heaps of people die.

According to the official crew size guidelines anywhere between 50 to 100 million crew died in M2 alone.

Yes, million.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pyrometer posted:

And yet I'm with you. Alex emailed me, invited me back, and I came back. Appreciate the cultural revolution, but when I ask for clarification, you fling youre machete around like I'm some kind of rw shithead. Chill the gently caress out

what

who are you talking to and why are you so loving weird and and projectiony

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Numismancer posted:

i have missed stress-free gluttony and i'm starting to actually internalize that we crushed these nerds

last night we went to some yuppie taco place and got one of every taco like ten types and had loving duck quesadillas too it was amazing

tonight we went to the best oldschool steakhouse in town and madison is a foodie town mind you and i had a 20 oz bone-in tenderloin rare it was big enough that you could beat someone to death with it, gf had venison tenderloin, also coquille st jacques which is this amazing french sea scallop and white wine and mashed potatoes /thing/ that's served in a loving seashell anyway i ate so much rare expensive tenderloin tonight i got the loving meat sweats probably a loving pound of it

got home smoked a joint napped for two hours it ruled

the best revenge is living well

after having actually also gotten your actual revenge of course, eat poo poo pubs lol lmao

Y’all blew right past this post to continue dunking on each other over I don’t know what when this post right here is the description of an awesome evening.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

pyrometer posted:

Lol

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

pyrometer posted:

How the gently caress do you equate cachet with the R word. Can you speak english and enlighten me with what youre trying to say. Some of you guys make zero sense when youre trying to get youre point across.

In case you're actually confused and arguing in good faith, this is where you went wrong and subsequently started doubling down on not understanding what people were saying.

Nobody equated cachet to the R word, read it again. Everyone here is speaking pretty clear English, so if you're not understanding it and actually want to understand try using "what does this mean?" or "I don't understand what this means" instead of "the gently caress is this". You put an edge on something that didn't need it and doubled down when people reacted accordingly.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

permanent revolution, babyyyy

Yes, please. More of that.

OAquinas posted:

Reading all this makes me feel a bit more confident about speaking up now...I have a disabled daughter and casual use of the r-word kinda stings. I know most of the use isn't malicious in that regard and I hate "policing" my space buds but I also can't deny it hurts.

Thank you.

It's a constant struggle. One of the main mods of r/eve is a main mod of r/conservative. He doesn't give a gently caress about your feeling about the r-word, but I still report it in case one of the lower subreddit mods that isn't so lovely will remove it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Agrikk posted:

Y’all blew right past this post to continue dunking on each other over I don’t know what when this post right here is the description of an awesome evening.

yeah cause i dont care about some dude's date night, especially when someone else is mid meltdown

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mappo posted:

My non-gaming group just had to expel someone who acted just like this to a T. He was trying and still trying to tear down the group because he didn't get this way. This really does explain a lot, thanks Space Emperor.

This is a very, very important read for every geek/nerd group: https://plausiblydeniable.com/five-geek-social-fallacies/

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MisterOblivious posted:

Yes, please. More of that.

It's a constant struggle. One of the main mods of r/eve is a main mod of r/conservative.

Fuckin El Mayo. Of course. :roflolmao:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

pyrometer posted:

*Hissy fits about an easily comprehensible post.
*Projection

"Calm down"

You might be better off lurking.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's truly wild that someone can say "what the gently caress is this?" and then act like people are failing to answer a polite enquiry, like come the gently caress on man, what do you really expect?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
as a note mittani solved the delta sqad thing today by existing and assuredly being stoned. everyone calmed down when they remembered how stoned he would be. it's contagious.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Stereotype posted:

as a note mittani solved the delta sqad thing today by existing and assuredly being stoned. everyone calmed down when they remembered how stoned he would be. it's contagious.

the people were astonished at his mongedness

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

sebmojo posted:

the people were astonished at his mongedness

Hey, fistfuck, what the gently caress do you mean?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Hey, fistfuck, what the gently caress do you mean?

nods, benignly

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

hey, Dirk Hardpec, what do you mean

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

pyrometer posted:

The gently caress does this even mean

It’s the nazi bar story basically. You let one polite racist into your Corp because he’s not really causing any trouble. He brings a couple of friends and the dance continues until your ticker is TISHU.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
if Jay doesn't have a fax alt named Smoke Manmeat can we start some kind of kickstarter or something to make that happen

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
The real question is how our spacedad manages to eat seafood in Madison, Wisconsin, a landlocked state thousands of miles from the ocean. :barf:

Please tell me it came from one of those thousand lakes or something...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

The real question is how our spacedad manages to eat seafood in Madison, Wisconsin, a landlocked state thousands of miles from the ocean. :barf:

there is this magical technology called "freezing"

and refrigerated trucks, which are called "reefers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMLTxMDRUO0

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

I posted:

Most fish is ice-packed on the boat that catches it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Skwid posted:

In case you're actually confused and arguing in good faith, this is where you went wrong and subsequently started doubling down on not understanding what people were saying.

Nobody equated cachet to the R word, read it again. Everyone here is speaking pretty clear English, so if you're not understanding it and actually want to understand try using "what does this mean?" or "I don't understand what this means" instead of "the gently caress is this". You put an edge on something that didn't need it and doubled down when people reacted accordingly.

Okay what is cachet?? Is it something im too french to get?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

I hope we get a killmail for the tower of legends, but I'm not holding my breath given how many people will dogpile into the system to burn it down.

We're still missing one from ~ ~ ~ tHe FoRgE oF hErOeS ~ ~ ~, right? Probably glitched due to number of jobs and/or number of pilots on the KM?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

coelomate posted:

I hope we get a killmail for the tower of legends, but I'm not holding my breath given how many people will dogpile into the system to burn it down.

We're still missing one from ~ ~ ~ tHe FoRgE oF hErOeS ~ ~ ~, right? Probably glitched due to number of jobs and/or number of pilots on the KM?

Yeah, it's going to be a shitshow tonight.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Ynglaur posted:

the sushi bar that burned down from spontaneously combustible sushi crunch topping reopened this week and now it's a conveyor belt sushi place

by the by, what the gently caress, there was a war on and I missed it?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Madison is one of the rich rear end in a top hat capitols of the US. If anyone can get fresh seafood in a landlocked state, it’s them.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SolusLunes posted:

the sushi bar that burned down from spontaneously combustible sushi crunch topping reopened this week and now it's a conveyor belt sushi place

by the by, what the gently caress, there was a war on and I missed it?

yeah for the last 13 months

it JUST ended

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Don't fear the reefer.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMLTxMDRUO0

I'll trust a boat captain with my stomach, but not a truck driver. :colbert:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah for the last 13 months

it JUST ended

goddamnit

I have the worst timing to get the spaceship addiction calling me back

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

goddamnit

Well, Phase 1 just ended. You showed up in time for the Vengeance Phase!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SolusLunes posted:

goddamnit

I should clarify -- hostiles only within the last two weeks have lifted their occupation of Delve and fled, in a disorganized panic, to wherever home might be. There's still plenty of spaceships stuff to do.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

goddamnit

we're about to go on the offensive, so you technically fast-forwarded through a lot of drudgery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I'm willing to eat sushi in Ohio but that's more of a result of having lived in Ohio all my life leading to me lowering my standards accordingly.