Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Excelzior posted:

I'm pretty sure she has a mirror, yes.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

How'd the qcs thread go

Nobody got banned there, so better than expected.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

i still think she did

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

what are the anti-left dems' goals exactly if they aren't sitting senators getting energy company money

Charlotte Clymer was a greeter at the holocaust museum when her anti-Bernie tweeting first got her hired by the Clinton campaign, and then after the campaign, she became press secretary for the Human Rights Campaign.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the milk machine posted:

i still think she did

Politifact ranked it "mixed"

What's not true: There was no hiring; a traveling Witcher offered his services after a night of passion

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

what are the anti-left dems' goals exactly if they aren't sitting senators getting energy company money

get job

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Obviously, if someone threatens to fire you unless you do something unconscionable, you should force them to fire you and then fight it with a lawsuit and lock yourself in your office and dash off memos saying you still hold the office and order your underlings to follow you not whatever pretender the president installs and every other act of actual resistance you can muster.

Like Kim Davis, who decided she'd rather go to jail than resign or give in and sign marriage certificates for gay people.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rubellavator posted:

Like Kim Davis, who decided she'd rather go to jail than resign or give in and sign marriage certificates for gay people.

Yeah 100%. If Trump ordered you to do a coup or overturn an election, you should absolutely go to jail before giving up the office with the power to do it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

But going to jail for making a principled stand gets in the way of my media tour and subsequent book deal...

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1425436837523427330

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah, he's terminal and it has always been known it was terminal since it was disclosed. Cancer meds will gently caress you up too. It's a real bummer seeing someone you know basically become a different person for the last year or two of their life and then die anyway. At least he got to keep his health insurance while he looked for another job and was spared from spending his last years navigating the hellscape of being uninsured with cancer in America.

You still shouldn't be sending heart and eggplant emojis to reporters who are covering you, even if you marry them. And you shouldn't flip out when someone asks you about it.

Why wouldn't he have qualified for an ACA plan on the exchange? I thought situations like his were the entire point of the legislation?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the initial Jameela video is dumb but I kind of respect that she isn't having some sort of Debra Messing tantrum, and is actually replying to people. she also outright says in the replies that there should essentially be wealth caps and free healthcare, which is probably better than what you'd see from most people in 2021.

I'm not defending her, and I started looking at the replies while repulsed by the counter-productive girlboss nonsense. but I do think the online left ascribes more importance to some of this poo poo than is needed. there are so many worse people, and even in that video clip the two people she's talking to are much more right wing.

ultimately, none of this loving matters, OPEN BIDEN

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Texas dems failed lol

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1425829977308553222?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao I thought I was in uspol. Let me rephrase that:

WHY THE gently caress WOULD THIS BE AN ISSUE UNDER THE GLORIOUS OBAMACARE, AND WHY ARE YOU SIMPING FOR THIS JERK ANYWAY?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tldr for my other post, she strikes me as dumb, not malicious

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

Why wouldn't he have qualified for an ACA plan on the exchange? I thought situations like his were the entire point of the legislation?

lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wasn't this eventually going to happen regardless?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

double clicking my LGBTQ playlist and walking away from the computer for the day muting my speakers so i can continue Posting undistracted: this is praxis

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ben shapino posted:

double clicking my LGBTQ playlist and walking away from the computer for the day muting my speakers so i can continue Posting undistracted: this is praxis

if you have the entirety of the capital propaganda machine, which includes education and the media, telling you this, then most people are probably going to think this. capital won the propaganda war, and continues to dismantle language and meaning so everything is just bullshit.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

shame about that one thing that obamanuts brag about didn't help a worshipped one-of-them when he got the big C.

also shame about my 3 friends who died of cancer bc they were waiting for expanded medicaid to kick in for years, due to obama's budget fuckery so his Numbers Fucksteins could show the ACA being deficit-neutral to hide the hundreds of billions of dollars they gave private insurers.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what if healthcare free

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jmhansler/status/1425832333404483585?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

what if healthcare free

healthcare pls give me a job with some dem op

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Nichael posted:

what if healthcare free

woah, you can't just say poo poo like that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

joepinetree posted:

Charlotte Clymer was a greeter at the holocaust museum when her anti-Bernie tweeting first got her hired by the Clinton campaign, and then after the campaign, she became press secretary for the Human Rights Campaign.

Hey, my grandfather died at the holocaust museum. He fell out of the guard tower!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i probably have destroyed any chance of ever getting a job with a succ dem because of the various biden dead kid memes that can easily be traced back to me

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm loving shocked that the Texas democrats are utterly loving useless. They couldn't even infect Manchin the useless shits.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

There are no Taliban forces advancing on Kabul

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

who amongst us can't just call up connex to get a job with fab health insurance, instead of having to resort to a lovely obamacare plan with an $8000/year deductible & limited to the poor-people's hospital in your city?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i'm really thinking healthcare should be free

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

i probably have destroyed any chance of ever getting a job with a succ dem because of the various biden dead kid memes that can easily be traced back to me

100% dude

the nichael dossier is real

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

healthcare pls give me a job with some dem op

Best healthcare is tied to explaining why we don't need healthcare

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/12/joe-biden-barack-obama-money-house-beau-family

lol

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

I know others have already made this joke, but lmao if the Taliban roll into Kabul on the 20th anniversary of 9/11

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Nobody got banned there, so better than expected.

closed it too early, coward

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nichael isn’t real

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

when is the new terrorist attack dropping so we can go back to afghanistan, come on don't make us wait too long

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sad Billionaire posted:

I know others have already made this joke, but lmao if the Taliban roll into Kabul on the 20th anniversary of 9/11

Beautiful symmetry.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nichael posted:

what if healthcare free

whoa slow down there tankie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle