Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

That Works posted:

Yeah I played warships not too long ago with Schad :smith: and Dod and they gave me the short version of the death of Goku. I was kind of thinking about resubbing at the time but then just thinking about how I probably lost most of my poo poo kinda has held me back.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Schad passed away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

Okay what is cachet?? Is it something im too french to get?

theres this thing called "google"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vetitum posted:

Imma sub back up since March to shoot the T5 keep today - get myself on that killmail

:wave:

I think all of our fleets have alpha compatible ships, if the cost is why you let your sub laps in the first place

just saying you can contribute drat well in modern nullsec warfare without paying $

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

so yesterday i woke up at like 10 am, spent like the first 45 minutes on the toilet, i then logged onto my eve: online toonies and idled for 4 hours and then logged off

my breakfast consisted of one of those campbells microwavable chilis, so i zooted that bitch in there for 2.5 minutes, just enough for the juices to start boiling and for it to be searing hot

i don't normally use a spoon for chili, and this is no different, i just scoop the meat and meat juice out with crackers and consume the whole cracker, it's like an edible spoon. i then sat at my pc for another 4 hours

then for lunch i grabbed my loaf of bread, popped two slices into the toaster, and slathered them up with a thin layer of peanut butter and a thin layer of grape jelly, it was d i v i n e

after this i was still hungry, so i went back down and made another 4 ppj toast slices, oh my god it was so good

then i played phantasmophobia and we hunted ghosts for like an hour, we all died it was kinda lovely. i then went to the call of duty discord server and tricked the moderators into banning 8 people as is my pre-bed time activity

after i did that i wanted to eat right before bed, so i emptied out this bag of tortilla chips and then just sucked out the salt chip dust that sits at the bottom, oh my god it was so good. i then went to bed and slept till 35 minutes before this post was posted

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean?

What the gently caress does THIS even mean?!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

so yesterday i woke up at like 10 am, spent like the first 45 minutes on the toilet, i then logged onto my eve: online toonies and idled for 4 hours and then logged off

my breakfast consisted of one of those campbells microwavable chilis, so i zooted that bitch in there for 2.5 minutes, just enough for the juices to start boiling and for it to be searing hot

i don't normally use a spoon for chili, and this is no different, i just scoop the meat and meat juice out with crackers and consume the whole cracker, it's like an edible spoon. i then sat at my pc for another 4 hours

then for lunch i grabbed my loaf of bread, popped two slices into the toaster, and slathered them up with a thin layer of peanut butter and a thin layer of grape jelly, it was d i v i n e

after this i was still hungry, so i went back down and made another 4 ppj toast slices, oh my god it was so good

then i played phantasmophobia and we hunted ghosts for like an hour, we all died it was kinda lovely. i then went to the call of duty discord server and tricked the moderators into banning 8 people as is my pre-bed time activity

after i did that i wanted to eat right before bed, so i emptied out this bag of tortilla chips and then just sucked out the salt chip dust that sits at the bottom, oh my god it was so good. i then went to bed and slept till 35 minutes before this post was posted

Hey, that was told to you in confidence!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Yeah, I’m in kind of a weird mood myself. I was on my way down here, I stopped at Irmalin. I’m waiting in line to pay my asset safety fees and the guy in front of me puts down a dozen pyrolancea, two big bags of Doritos, one of those bottles of the generic brand quafe and a nasty rotting banana. He turns to the clerk and says to him “my corpie 07 just had an operation; she can only eat certain things.” I look at him and I go “yeah right, what did she have a bong hit transplant?”

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Skwid posted:

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse but:

Also, seriously guys, google is like two clicks away :effort:

Nah sorry, i missed Cain's post.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

SolusLunes posted:

hey you wanna find a c2 with null and c4 statics with me (please no)

Why are you doing this to me

Rhymenoserous posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Schad passed away.

Yes I know that's why I put the :smith:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Not An Arsonist posted:

Can we please keep the real life politics out of the fantasy internet spaceships? I'm here to get updates on how Test is suffering, not to watch the thread digress into who leans where politically.

This. Im trying really hard not to reply on some of those posts, knowing full well the kind of derails itll bring.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
drifting in my ibis in 1dq1 waiting for invite, hopefully it's in time to shoot the dumb tower thing next door in a ship that was popular 3 years ago

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

theres this thing called "google"

You have no idea how often i end up googling poo poo thats being said in this thread (heck, whole forum). My english is ok but im still mainly french. Sometimes tho google doesnt really help with the context and when i googled that word and saw the definition, itdidnt really make sense to me even in the context of deadtear's posts.

Hence why i asked. Itll probably happen again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

You have no idea how often i end up googling poo poo thats being said in this thread (heck, whole forum). My english is ok but im still mainly french. Sometimes tho google doesnt really help with the context and when i googled that word and saw the definition, itdidnt really make sense to me even in the context of deadtear's posts.

I dunno how it is for the French language, but in English, we tend to show emphasis by using a diverse vocabulary. I'm especially guilty of this, because I like words. I imagine this makes some conversations nearly unreadable if you're ESL.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Dalael posted:

Cachet is social capital - how willing people are to do what you say simply because you say it.

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

Dalael posted:

... but im still mainly french. Sometimes tho google doesnt really help with the context...

:doh: caught me forgetting that English is one of many languages. I need to get better about that.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I dunno how it is for the French language, but in English, we tend to show emphasis by using a diverse vocabulary. I'm especially guilty of this, because I like words. I imagine this makes some conversations nearly unreadable if you're ESL.

French does this a lot too. I did have to re-read the post to figure out WTF was going on with the sentence because cachet in French is not really used while talking about people. Locations/things yes but not people.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I downloaded the client again last night and turns out I don't remember a drat thing about how to play. If I try to get into Goonfleet again do yall have newbie guides / fleets to get people up to speed?

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

That Works posted:

Do any of those asset programs allow you to see what you have on your account even if unsubbed?

I had 2-3 accounts and unfortunately I think I had just about all of my assets in the Holesquad home citadel. IIRC I had converted most of my ISK into pretty expensive T3 cruisers and T2 battlecruiser poo poo or something. Been ages. Kinda curious about if I resubbed if I'd be spacepoor.

If you go to assets, then the search tab in game, you can see exactly what's in the different containers.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

YorexTheMad posted:

I downloaded the client again last night and turns out I don't remember a drat thing about how to play. If I try to get into Goonfleet again do yall have newbie guides / fleets to get people up to speed?

The short answer is :getin:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Hey All, I am absolutely in love with the Eve Mail client. It's so information dense, plain text, no bullshit. No chains or bundled conversations.

Is there an email client that works like this? Single Line, no bullshti and information dense like this?

Cheers,

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

CainFortea posted:

What the gently caress does THIS even mean?!

What?!? This is mean. Do you even gently caress?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

There's a broken pubbie sitting in T5Z with a long history in Brave. For the past two days he's been whelping capsules into the gatecamp and won't listen for calls of reason to log off.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

There's a broken pubbie sitting in T5Z with a long history in Brave. For the past two days he's been whelping capsules into the gatecamp and won't listen for calls of reason to log off.

Poor Dunk, welped his alliance and now look at him

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

We found the dril eve account

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That Works posted:

Yeah I played warships not too long ago with Schad :smith: and Dod and they gave me the short version of the death of Goku. I was kind of thinking about resubbing at the time but then just thinking about how I probably lost most of my poo poo kinda has held me back.

I was enjoying holesquad a lot the last time I did the Retvet for the horn of goondor a couple years back but eventually one day just woke up and didn't want to login any more. I wish I had at least forced myself to evac out to a lowsec hole or somethin.

Won't all your crap be in asset safety in an NPC system? I stopped playing in 2014 (I think, maybe 2015) and all my crap was in Deklain, but now all of it is in asset safety wraps in some lowsec system named Villasen. I suppose I could travel out there and pay the fee to unwrap everything and then pay some freight service to move it to Jita or something, or just contract sell it all there, but so far I can't be bothered to travel out there to do it (seems like you have to actually be in that station to claim it).

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Dalmuti posted:

Hey All, I am absolutely in love with the Eve Mail client. It's so information dense, plain text, no bullshit. No chains or bundled conversations.

Is there an email client that works like this? Single Line, no bullshti and information dense like this?

Cheers,

I run my irl business through eve in-game communication channels to alleviate this issue. I issue POs through the contract system as well

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The Locator posted:

Won't all your crap be in asset safety in an NPC system? I stopped playing in 2014 (I think, maybe 2015) and all my crap was in Deklain, but now all of it is in asset safety wraps in some lowsec system named Villasen. I suppose I could travel out there and pay the fee to unwrap everything and then pay some freight service to move it to Jita or something, or just contract sell it all there, but so far I can't be bothered to travel out there to do it (seems like you have to actually be in that station to claim it).

You're correct on all points.

I only had a few things worth saving from Deklein, and I managed to fly it out of Lowsec myself (in a very loot-pinata mostly-unfitted dominix) to the first Highsec station, where I setup a public hauler contract and it was moved to Jita in about a day. Many haulers don't do lowsec (or at least not as cheaply)

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

hello internet posted:

I’m in northeast Ohio and I prefer grocery store sushi over higher quality restaurants :v:

Southwest here and ew no.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

hello internet posted:

I’m in northeast Ohio and I prefer grocery store sushi over higher quality restaurants :v:

ohioopinions.txt

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

The Locator posted:

When I came back from a short break, right after we left Deklein, there were goons running Loot Buyback services. You'd just copy all your stuff into Evepraisal and throw it up on contract. I did still have to fly to Villasen in an interceptor and unwrap it all, but it was hassle free. They might still be doing that.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

what it means is im gonna kick your rear end globby

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

also, atrum pls reimburse the falcon, tia

That falcon got reimbursed by god emperor mittns himself. Man it was a wild ride of revenge for that thing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also is cachet really a 10 dollar word to yall, drat

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

The Locator posted:

No asset safety in wormholes

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

MaxPowers posted:

That falcon got reimbursed by god emperor mittns himself. Man it was a wild ride of revenge for that thing.

Did it? haaaaaaaaaa what a fuckin' ride

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Locator posted:

A loooooot of it was in a wormhole citadel. Oops.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Dalael I knew (thought?) you were Canadian but didn't ever realize English is your second language. Your English is better than many native speakers, for what it's worth.

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

We found the dril eve account

I want this more than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

Dalael I knew (thought?) you were Canadian but didn't ever realize English is your second language. Your English is better than many native speakers, for what it's worth.

he's quebecois dont let him pretend he's french