Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Figures Birgitte Nyborg defeated COVID so easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

My friend won't wear a mask unless he is at work (UberEats driver). He said he's just given up with them since no one else wears them. He had covid back in December, and it almost killed him.

I'm wearing my loving mask forever. I may never sit down to eat again in a restaurant.

I haven't had the flu or a cold since I started wearing a mask. gently caress anyone who thinks I'm giving that up.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Sunswipe posted:

I haven't had the flu or a cold since I started wearing a mask. gently caress anyone who thinks I'm giving that up.

Right? Plus it helps when i'm having days that my allergies are worse than usual. And it covers up the parts of my face that i don't really like! :buddy:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I moved at the beginning of June. I live about a quarter mile away from a local broadcast tower and for the most part I can't play my theremin because it's just picking up NPR instead of where my hands are in relation to the volume and pitch antennas. One of my friends was here on Saturday and I cranked up the amp and volume, but ended up laughing like an idiot because whatever was on was a sincere discussion about penises.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

GWBBQ posted:

I moved at the beginning of June. I live about a quarter mile away from a local broadcast tower and for the most part I can't play my theremin because it's just picking up NPR instead of where my hands are in relation to the volume and pitch antennas. One of my friends was here on Saturday and I cranked up the amp and volume, but ended up laughing like an idiot because whatever was on was a sincere discussion about penises.

Does the THeremin at least affect how the sound goes, like can you use the antennas to make the voices really low and high? That could be a fun thing to play with.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Right? Plus it helps when i'm having days that my allergies are worse than usual. And it covers up the parts of my face that i don't really like! :buddy:

Also, I can quietly mouth along to the music I'm listening to while shopping, without looking like a lunatic

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I need a new waffle maker as mine is a bit rickety.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Made some pasta with marinara but the only cheese I had was a bag of crappy pre-shredded Mexican blend.

Not a good combo but at least I ate.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

Does the THeremin at least affect how the sound goes, like can you use the antennas to make the voices really low and high? That could be a fun thing to play with.
Unfortunately, FM capture effect makes it just cut in and out. I've reached out to This American Life and Ira Glass with the potential for a story and expect to be completely ignored.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

GWBBQ posted:

ok, this is my favorite first world problem ever :haw:

i hope you are able to play it without interference soon, that sounds frustrating

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
First World Problems:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

None of the stores close to me had any SO Delicious Cocowhip in stock, and I promised the kid ice cream sundaes today, and it's not a sundae without whipped cream. So I had to get the Reddi-wip Almond Milk spray one, which is notorious for working once and then never again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I effectively make my own hours for work. I wanted Friday off so I got up super early to squeeze out the last few hours I need but now I'm too tired to go cake tasting.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

AngryRobotsInc posted:

None of the stores close to me had any SO Delicious Cocowhip in stock, and I promised the kid ice cream sundaes today, and it's not a sundae without whipped cream. So I had to get the Reddi-wip Almond Milk spray one, which is notorious for working once and then never again.

Lmao at this loser who doesn’t use the entire can in one giant spray

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I was expecting three deliveries today but instead I got 0.

Monday it is, then. :shrug:

EDIT: Two came later in the day! Still have to wait until Monday to use any of them since it's a set of keyboard parts. The board and keycaps can't really do much without the switches.

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Aug 6, 2021

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
I drank a free Frostbite Mountain Dew and I feel physically ill from the amount of sugar I consumed. It's been over 12 hours and I'm still jittery.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My instacart delivery hosed up and didn't deliver.

They will replace, it cool... but somehow my glasses broke taking my mask I had on, so I need to call my dad tommorow to drive me to an eye doctor cuz I can't find the screw to put back in the frame.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

They will replace, it cool... but somehow my glasses broke taking my mask I had on, so I need to call my dad tommorow to drive me to an eye doctor cuz I can't find the screw to put back in the frame.

This post was a while ago so I hope you found that screw but in the meantime it wouldn't hurt to crawl around wherever your glasses broke with one of the four hundred refrigerator magnets found in every household. I only say this because it was an absolute "oh, of loving course" moment when someone suggested it to me when I lost something tiny and made of metal.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This isn't exactly a problem as much as just odd and puzzling, but:

My apartment is plagued by butterflies.
I've lived here for over 15 years and can count on one hand the amount of instances of a butterfly ending up inside, despite keeping windows ajar almost constantly. But this summer it's been pretty much a weekly occurrence. Mostly it's been small tortoiseshells (to be expected, they are super common), with a couple red admirals in the mix. Just earlier today I found one tortie on the wall in my bathroom, carefully caught it under a bowl and let it outside, and there's currently one sitting on my living room ceiling which I'm not gonna bother with because I don't fancy teetering on a stool for it.

I mean, this is a welcome change from the wasps that kept butting in the last few years, but.... Why? Why are you all suddenly coming in here I don't even have any flowers or anything else that hasn't been here before :psyduck:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I miss buffets :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a Chromecast to make HBO work on my TV but it was delayed by a week.

Now how am I going to watch The Suicide Squad, on my phone, computer, chromebook or laptop?!?!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Alan Smithee posted:

I miss buffets :smith:

Saaaaaaame :negative:

Being able to control the carb-protein-vegetable ratio was the greatest freedom.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The work radio keeps playing Shawn Mendes' Treat Your Better, and that song fills me with an incandescent rage. If I didn't know it was a 100% legit song, I'd think it was a parody making fun of Nice Guys.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I ordered a bookshelf for my home office that was supposed to arrive today, fedex says it's delivered, but wherever they delivered it it wasn't my house.

We've been having a lot of stuff delivered lately for the baby and fedex is always the most unreliable. It sucks.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

A good emergency fix for this(assuming the screw is in the arms and not the nosepieces) is to straighten out a staple, slide it through the screw hole and out the other side, then twist the two ends together with the pointy side facing away from your face. It'll hold the glasses together securely forever, and it'll be pretty easy to remove. Just be careful with them because you can scratch the poo poo out of yourself with the ends of the staple if you aren't careful.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I ordered a particular mechanical keyboard from Amazon and it shipped via Amazon Logistics. They lost it, and I got a refund.
I ordered a replacement and it shipped via UPS, who reported it delivered at 8:01pm, left at "other." I found the box laying on the front lawn of the apartment building at 8:10.

It had been opened and was empty.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

AngryRobotsInc posted:

The work radio keeps playing Shawn Mendes' Treat Your Better, and that song fills me with an incandescent rage. If I didn't know it was a 100% legit song, I'd think it was a parody making fun of Nice Guys.

This is been my latest hate relationship with Olivia Rodrigo's songs. The song 'driver's license' was kind of cute in a melancholy teenage anguish way, and the song "deja Vu' was also kind of cute in the I'm getting over you but not entirely way but getting closer.

And then the songs "good for you" and "traitor" just make me think, drat, that dude dodged a storm of bullets.

They play these songs nonstop on the work radio, and I for one am eager to hear the next three or four songs from her about the same dude, and how she's totally over him, and she still angry at him, and he will never find anyone as good as her. It's almost the nice girl version of so many songs about stalkery guy exes.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I think I need to find a ringtone I actually like now that I'm a supervisor at work and I can't just let everything go to voicemail :saddowns:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bees on Wheat posted:

I think I need to find a ringtone I actually like now that I'm a supervisor at work and I can't just let everything go to voicemail :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067YF8KHdTM

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
On the topic of songs on the radio, I just spent $130 on a digital radio to keep at work so I never have to hear another loving Drive Time DJ team ever again.

Worth it at twice the price.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I somehow accidentally bought a Frida Kahlo painting.

BioEnchanted posted:

HOLY gently caress posted:

ok, this is my favorite first world problem ever :haw:

i hope you are able to play it without interference soon, that sounds frustrating
No luck. They aren't even talking about penises anymore and Ira Glass didn't reply to my Tweet.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Is it a good painting at least?

My mom is in a snippy mood where she is determined to stay in a bad mood. Not because of work, because she missed something in a mobile phone game, and now she's spent the past few hours snapping how she is going to take a break from it, and how everything sucks, and when I told her something that happened as I was feeding our snakes, she snapped we should get rid of them. It's like, drat woman, go to loving bed if you're going to act like a toddler being told no.

It's benefits enrollment time at work and they have two weeks lotted for us to sign up and change anything. My coworker just discovered the few hundred he had in his HSA is gone because he didn't use it in time.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

HSA contributions carry over year to year until you retire or die

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mlnhd posted:

HSA contributions carry over year to year until you retire or die

I must have misunderstood him then, good to know!

FWP: I need to eat dinner still but nothing sounds good to eat.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I'm being interviewed for 2 jobs almost at the same time and might get both, in which case I gotta refuse one of them. One of them good problems but still causing a bit of stress.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

I must have misunderstood him then, good to know!

FWP: I need to eat dinner still but nothing sounds good to eat.

The funds for an FSA (Flexible Spending Account) can disappear after the year end. In an HSA (Health Savings Account), the funds remain.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My interview was cancelled due to exceptional circumstancs so I'll have to reschedule it. SO annoying.
I really hope I get a positive response from the post office tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it. I've told her my next free work day and when the other best times to reschedule for would be.
If tomorrow doesn't bring good news I'll just apply for more stuff this weekend

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It should not be as hard as it is to buy products not produced by LITERAL CHILD SLAVE LABOR, but drat it, now I need to find a new toothpaste.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Tell me it's not Colgate, but some american brand like Crest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Colgate is one of the many brands implicated in benefiting from some pretty massive human rights violations and deforestation in Papua New Guinea, sorry to say. They own my previous brand of choice, Tom's of Maine. (Surprising no one, Nestle is also implicated).