Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

(Ragnorium chat)

grate deceiver posted:

Thanks, but unfortunately some rogue colonist visited my camp and beat up half of my guys almost to death, and then a few humanzees finished me off before I could get any skills :negative:
Also a friggin wolf took like 4 of my guys before it was put down, I have no idea how I'm supposed to be dealing with threats while all I have is wooden sticks.

What planet are you guys playing on? I took the first one assuming it would be the easiest, but maybe that's not the best start?

I've played on a few different planets and the enemies are either consistent or equally matched. There are two kinds of threats that proactively go after you; wandering animals, like for example Flies near your poo poo piles or lizards in the desert. These just walk around randomly and attack you if they get too close. Then there are 'raids' - animals or bandits that are scripted to just run at your base and attack. That's likely what the wolf was, but other than wolves I've only seen humanzees and bandits do this. There are a few things you can do to mitigate it:

1) Focus on getting a workshop up and running early on. You need a lot of things and researches for this so it's best to focus on it first, it does a lot of things for you. It can build Lumberjack Axes, Pickaxes, and Hammers which help your colonists do a lot of things, but most notably they do more weapon damage than any Wooden-tier weapon (They do 4 - wooden sticks do 1, wooden tier blacksmith weapons do 3 - I don't know what stone does from the quest I've never built a blacksmith after doing that). It can also build cloth and rope, which are going to be part of your daily deliveries for the foreseeable future, and it can make some other things too.

To get a workshop you need, uhh, it's a long list:
- You need a room that's at least 2x2 (Smaller might work but just make it 2x2, trust me - when i've tried small 1x2 rooms I kept having people clip into the walls and get stuck) - it needs walls, a doorframe, and roofs. It also needs...
- 2 Wooden Cogwheels, which are made out of Plywood at a Carpenter Table
- So of course you need a Carpenter Table, and the Carpenter Table research, which converts Wood into Plywood
- And you need the Wooden Elements research which lets you build Wooden Cogwheels on the wall out of Plywood
- It needs a Crafting Table too, so you need the Crafting Table research
- You need to Designate the room as a Workshop so you need the Rooms and Room Designations researches
- The room also needs a Wooden Crate, so you need the Wooden Containers research
- And Wooden Containers requires being Commander Level... 5, I think? So you need to research whatever else to get some commander experience to get there.

If you prioritize all of this and have someone focus 100% of their time on research, you can get this all by morning of day 2. Then you can use the workshop to convert Scrap to Metal (or get metal from cargo launches), and build the aforementioned tools.

2) The easy way to handle combat: Your goal is to alpha strike things so hard that they only get one or two hits off on you, which lets you do a lot of patrolling around without worrying about health. Select a group of colonists with the best weapons available then right click somewhere and let them merge into a blob. Then keep moving that blob forward slowly toward groups of enemies - you can pull almost every enemy away from its friends by itself and this lets you clear out the area all around your colony to get rid of any passive threats (and also to make most Level 1/2 Objectives way easier). At some point do a sweep around your colony like this to eliminate every bandit and hostile animal that might wander too close to you. After that you'll get several days before any wander close again - BUT!! you will still get occasional unannounced raids.

3) Rushing to Mission/Launch #3 is a good idea because on your third launch you can bring a Radar which provides a minimap that makes it much easier to see incoming raids

4) Set First Aid to the highest priority for every single colonist in their task grid. This will make sure that they always go heal themselves right after combat.

5) For any Objectives/Quests that send your colonists away in a group, never just blindly send a group. After accepting the objective, click the little GPS pin icon in the objective pane in the bottom right and it will bring your camera to the objective site. If there are any enemies in the path there, or at the objective (there probably are), follow the steps in #2 (single pulling) to clear them out BEFORE forming and sending the group. Once you send the group they'll charge blindly forward until the quest is done, so make sure it's clear first.

If you get lucky, you'll stumble across some +LIFE or +LIFE% or +armor skills or something to make a designated tank that walks ahead of the group to soak up hits.

I still haven't booted the game up again to try fighting the crusade (maybe I'll do that in a bit) but this strategy has worked for everything so far except those random world bosses with 1k hp (I can tell those will need dedicated combat builds/gear/etc)

e: Also make sure when you do your initial launch that you choose a spot marked "Easy" when you mouseover it! That usually means relatively safe and that it has access to lots of resources - though it doesn't necessarily mean all resources. You can skin any wildlife you kill for food + leather, trees are hella plentiful everywhere - bushes of all things have turned out to be a major roadblock for me on the desert planet. I get the feeling it's designed so that there's always at least something you need to go way out of your way for.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Moreium Ragnorium.

The cogwheel button on all the crafting tables lets you automate production for an item up to a specific minimum amount. Like in Rimworld. This is clutch for healing items and maintenance orders.

Cannibalizing a dying clone will cut off one of their limbs and revive them without a first aid kit. I'm sure the revival is unintended, but considering how brutal and buggy some of the encounters can be... I'll take any advantage I can get.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is a big spoiler for a neat moment at the point in the game where the Crusade comes after you but it's the kind of thing that makes me like this game- not because it's groundbreaking but because I don't know any other colony sims that offer choices like this:

So once you research the beacon/hack thing to make the Crusade decide to attack, you lose the ability to research things. The AI that talks to you occasionally messages you and says (paraphrased) "drat, it's a shame we didn't get to research any real tech first. But you know, maybe we can win. I have an idea, I just gave you a new quest, we can quickly and easily build a powerful bomb that will turn the tides - but one of our clones will have to stand there and manually detonate it and it will kill them." This is on day 5 of my colony, so I'm a solid ~5 hours in and even though I have 12 colonists, I'm kind of attached to them - since the game is so slow-paced you end up spending a lot of time clicking through their equipment menus and looking at what skills you could teach them, and since they gain titles and hats for doing specific tasks a lot they end up having a fair amount of personality.

That being said I found where the boss spawned in the world and he didn't look too hard to I just ran in axes blazing :shrug: I pulled the boss by himself and killed him but that made all of his friends aggro me all at once, I lost two clones in the ensuing battle but that wasn't too bad. And now that I beat him I finally unlocked farming research

e: Oh wait, I didn't even lose them because I had emergency stimpacks from cargo launches that brought them back to life.

Also for anyone else who has missed the really obvious tooltip telling us how to get expansion capsules: on the skill selection screen, right click a skill capsule to convert it to an expansion capsule.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 12, 2021

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I really love the idea of CoG and built out a mid-sized empire with a few production loops of T1-T2 hooch and a crewmember collecting protection money, but I'm probably going to shelve it for a while until some QoL patches come out.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Goddamn, an upgraded cider distillery can make a loving lot of cider. Stock's building up again, even with a dedicated bootlegger. I think I'll have to build a second one just to stop it from stockpiling so much.

Times like these are when you really want UI improvements because doing a big sweep of your usual sales spots after several months probably will let you deplete your stocks, but gently caress if it isn't annoying to do it manually too soon and all of them just want like 3 units or whatever when you're pumping out a 100 a month.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well, I'm convinced!

I have an improved Home Brew op with 3/3 upgrades and this thing is just pumping out beer

Edit:

Got the beer bottling operation up now and I figured I had seen all there is to see but things I didn't know existed keep showing up like this large brewery that needs ice which I haven't run into yet to make kegs of beer. Pretty pleased to see this actually, maintaining a steady supply of everything needed to consistently make these kegs seems like a pretty good mid-late game goal to keep me busy.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 12, 2021

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Factory Town: is it path for workers and stone for wagons exclusive? Or does stone also speed up workers?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

Factory Town: is it path for workers and stone for wagons exclusive? Or does stone also speed up workers?

Stone works for both so use that, also make the roads much wider ylthen you'd think you need. You can also use one way logic gates to make them use roads in certain directions helps avoid jams.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1425835488825384972?s=19

poo poo yeah, FrostPunk 2.

Absolutely no details, other than it's set 30 years on since the start of the cooling, and everyone is after oil now.

Thrilled to once again choose between becoming SnowPope or IceHitler.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Bug Squash posted:

Absolutely no details, other than it's set 30 years on since the start of the cooling, and everyone is after oil now.

These options in the context of ‘frostpunk but about oil power’ are both just “Very Cold United States”

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Has anyone seen this Foundry game before?

https://www.foundry-game.com/

It looks kinda super neat and right up my alley. Was wondering if anyone has taken the dive on the $18 they're asking for it right now. I've seen some of the smaller automationy youtubers have a few videos on it so I'll check them out but it looks kinda neat to me at first glance. It's a 3D voxel based factory situation. Like a Minecraft Satisfactory warped child or something.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

more Ragnorium chat:

1) The daily raids are indeed caused by these "Critter Homes" scattered around the map

If you clear the enemies out around it you can assign a colonist to demolish it. Until demolished it periodically spawns enemies of the appropriate type and after a few spawn they attack you. You can also see a Holy Cross in the top right corner of this screenshot which is another raid spawner. I'm not sure if these Critter Homes respawn or not

2) Stone weapons aren't worth it - you may as well do the objective for the rewards but a stone hammer does 2 damage and requires high strength to wield - compared to a crafting hammer or lumberjack axe which does 4 damage and doesn't require a blacksmith to create.

3) Leather armor is made out of cloth instead of leather :wtc:

4) Fences (defensive structures) seem to screw with colonist pathfinding :( I had a few get stuck and I had to demolish and rebuild structures.

5) You need an absurd amount of leaves which I've been sucking up all of my map's bushes for but it just dawned on me that you can assign someone to sit there and just shake a tree and it will keep dropping leaves indefinitely.

6) I would love to know if anyone finds a way to order a colonist to take or use a specific inventory item - like sugar candy, I have a bunch of sugar candy and my researcher is very depressed but I'm not sure how I can make him eat it on command.

7) Crap golems are indeed pretty dangerous but you can right click turds on the ground and give a "Stomp" command to delete them (this seems like it may have some prerequisite condition like maybe a colonist with shoes equipped). However if you want brown dye you have to let Crap Golems form and kill them for Crap Fragments.

All in all my base is coming along nicely! I have just about everything "unlocked" at this point - fishing, farming, mining, blacksmithy, a tailor, a workshop, a butcher and kitchen, but I know there's more research coming up because for example there are guns in this game but I can't craft any yet. My next goals are to build trading posts for NPCs and see what that's all about.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 12, 2021

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Bug Squash posted:

Pumped for this, Frostpunk is great

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Darkrenown posted:

Oh that's a big yikes, but where did you see that? The closest I can see is: JUDGE. Act as judge over a range of real-world social issues including abortion, murder, vegetarianism, drug use, cannibalism, and several other controversial topics.

E: Oh I see there's a law screen where you can range from Encouraged to Death penalty on various issues:

So on one hand you can encourage everyone to be gay, but there's definitely edgelord fuel as well. Pretty lovely to label all of these "controversial" too. :(

I've played it and its an alright game as long as you go in understanding this was a dude teaching himself how to make games. Its fairly standard except for having a leader character you directly control to harvest materials far away and the laws. As you've noticed its up to you what kind of society you want. Sure you can make homosexuality punishable by death but you can also encourage it. I think when I played I encouraged things like euthanasia, vegetarianism, abortion, homosexuality, recreational drug use, and prostitution. I basically turned it into a post-apocalypse hippy commune. Of course you could always set laws that turns your society into the 4th Reich if you want, up to you.

Encouraging prostitution was really funny. When you encourage a law you get groups of refugees that want to join your colony and I always laughed when it was a large group of prostitutes wanting to settle down. The game also gives you status updates when people do things you encourage and with prostitution it meant I was constantly getting bombarded with messages telling me so and so just serviced so and so behind the tavern. When you have a colony of hundreds filled almost exclusively with prostitutes I was getting that message at least every second if not more. There are unintended consequences to the laws too and I'm pretty sure my colonists always had health problems from all the VD. I'm pretty sure encouraging things like homosexuality and abortions will tank your birth rate too.

its been a couple of months since I've played this so some of this might have changed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm playing City of Gangsters and I'm liking it but the complaints about writing are spot on. Especially since the game kinda... highlights the whole favor and connections thing but there is like no character to the people. Which isn't the biggest detractor but it just feels odd.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Management Megathread:

deep dish peat moss posted:

if you want brown dye you have to let Crap Golems form and kill them for Crap Fragments.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Okay for real, in City of Gangsters how can I get rid of excess weapons? Every time I loot a minor gang's safehouse I walk out with at least 30 baseball bats or billy clubs. I can't find any way get rid of these either by selling them or just deleting them. I have an entire building that serves no purpose except being a warehouse for these things, I have over $7000 worth of baseball bats and billy clubs.

My main complaint about this game right now is that later on it gets very hard to remember what my plans were for these 6 different crew members I have spread around the city. Every time I save and quit then come back I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to figure it all out again. It really does need some QoL stuff - it would be nice to have a total count of my resources visible somewhere, and it would be cool if the building an operation screen told me if the resources something would use were available to me. I'm also several years in to my save and still have not found anywhere to buy pipes so most of the building types are locked off to me :(

On the other hand something I really appreciate about this game is that it's flexible to being played any way you want. You can absolutely just purely focus on protection money for income and loot a bit of stolen booze or cigarettes here and there for the rep you get from selling it, or you can just do favors all the time and only sell the booze you get as rewards. It's not as efficient, but you can!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 13, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay for real, in City of Gangsters how can I get rid of excess weapons? Every time I loot a minor gang's safehouse I walk out with at least 30 baseball bats or billy clubs. I can't find any way get rid of these either by selling them or just deleting them. I have an entire building that serves no purpose except being a warehouse for these things, I have over $7000 worth of baseball bats and billy clubs.

Honestly I just delete them. It sucks but afaik nobody seems to buy them so any time I get 30 billy clubs I just delete them right away. Also I saw they patched the game today and added a new upgrade to turn the back of a business into a big empty warehouse for storage. I may need to do this because making these kegs requires a lot of ingredients and I can't sell stock fast enough :f5:

Once you start being able to fulfill these "Give me 120 of your export" missions for $1500 a piece the money really starts rolling in.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

LeFishy posted:

It looks kinda super neat and right up my alley. Was wondering if anyone has taken the dive on the $18 they're asking for it right now. I've seen some of the smaller automationy youtubers have a few videos on it so I'll check them out but it looks kinda neat to me at first glance. It's a 3D voxel based factory situation. Like a Minecraft Satisfactory warped child or something.

Ever since "finishing" Satisfactory a few months ago I have been craving more of it. Tried Factorio, didn't like it. Tried DSP, loved it but it wasn't as good as Satisfactory imo. Anyway I bought the game via your post so I'll let you know.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

explosivo posted:

Honestly I just delete them. It sucks but afaik nobody seems to buy them so any time I get 30 billy clubs I just delete them right away. Also I saw they patched the game today and added a new upgrade to turn the back of a business into a big empty warehouse for storage. I may need to do this because making these kegs requires a lot of ingredients and I can't sell stock fast enough :f5:

Once you start being able to fulfill these "Give me 120 of your export" missions for $1500 a piece the money really starts rolling in.

Where's the delete option? I couldn't find it :argh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Where's the delete option? I couldn't find it :argh:

Oh there's a red trash can icon to the left of any inventory item you're looking at that lets you make whatever amount you want disappear.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You definitely understand the level of polish on CoG the first time you get the popup about getting 41 crowbars.

Just realized the virtues of getting introduced to corner gangs tonight. You just stop by and ask hey any business ventures? And by the arcane mystical conversation god they just give you a ton of sellable stuff gratis. I think there's an oversight here or something because this seems to happen whether they are brawlers or business people. The business people quests are seemingly different and just give you discount construction material which is cool but not as cool as a bunch of brandy.

They're also loot pinatas if you need the cash yesterday but be real careful and check family relations. I basically lost 3 contacts for a year waiting for a violence to family modifier to wear out and will be hard pressed to keep them positive even after that because they have a pretty hefty modifier for the rest of the game.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

zedprime posted:

You definitely understand the level of polish on CoG the first time you get the popup about getting 41 crowbars.

Just realized the virtues of getting introduced to corner gangs tonight. You just stop by and ask hey any business ventures? And by the arcane mystical conversation god they just give you a ton of sellable stuff gratis. I think there's an oversight here or something because this seems to happen whether they are brawlers or business people. The business people quests are seemingly different and just give you discount construction material which is cool but not as cool as a bunch of brandy.

They're also loot pinatas if you need the cash yesterday but be real careful and check family relations. I basically lost 3 contacts for a year waiting for a violence to family modifier to wear out and will be hard pressed to keep them positive even after that because they have a pretty hefty modifier for the rest of the game.

Well that's rude. They are in a gangster world, they should understand that sort of thing is just business, nothing personal.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

How did I know this game was going to go well for me?

Turns out there's one resource that has a major impact on early game success, and when you have all of it, the early game gets off to a good start!

A little into the second year and I have both a brick wine and a backroom beer still going, and one of my gangsters just drives the crock truck

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Crockware is absurdly important in CoG, you'd think real life mobsters ended up making pottery cartels just to sustain their businesses

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I wish I could start with more of the map explored, because playing 10 turns into a new save just to find out no one outside of my immediate vicinity has anything I need sucks

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
What the hell, when I discovered a new alcohol type, the game appended its icon to places where I could sell it for like one turn! Why couldn't you do that for every producing operation I currently have and just keep it there, game??

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

toasterwarrior posted:

What the hell, when I discovered a new alcohol type, the game appended its icon to places where I could sell it for like one turn! Why couldn't you do that for every producing operation I currently have and just keep it there, game??

That sounds like a bug unless I'm misunderstanding you, I'm pretty sure discovering a new type of alcohol should reveal it across the map permanently.

I'm making a shitload of money now and I haven't even finished brewing my first batch of kegs yet so I think it's about to get even better. That said a new building is going to cost me something like $8000 so the cost of expanding is really getting pricey. Keeping a steady supply of materials to all of my producers is really what's keeping me busy now, ingredients like the steel barrels for kegs are really hard to come by in bulk, at least in my area. It's cool using the legitimate byproducts of my businesses to shape what I ultimately decided to focus in because now at the end of the production chain for beer all of the products I make can be used as an ingredient somewhere.

My biggest enemy right now is space, I need to make my next building one of the new storage warehouses because I'm constantly shuffling stuff around and deleting things to make sure my producers have enough materials but also have enough room for the next batch.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

explosivo posted:

That sounds like a bug unless I'm misunderstanding you, I'm pretty sure discovering a new type of alcohol should reveal it across the map permanently.

Nah, I mean like, I discovered Sparkling Cider, and then its icon appeared along the left of the icons of shops I was already aware of that were purchasing it. I know about mousing over a shop's icon to show what you can trade with it, but you didn't even have to do the mouse-over with this. It looked very convenient.

EDIT: Weird question that is totally about this video game, City of Gangsters: if, as far as you know, a troublemaker has no familial connections or friends around, would you roll up and uh, murder them just to get them out of the way of your expanding fronts and maybe get some loot out of the debacle?

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 13, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Are there any good management/city builder games that work well in coop other than Anno 1800 (it runs like poo poo even on modern PCs)?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well that's rude. They are in a gangster world, they should understand that sort of thing is just business, nothing personal.

its easy to forget the game models families and social relationships. last night i beat the poo poo out of a neighborhood tough guy to steal his wallet. turns out he was my dad :shobon:

skeleton warrior posted:

How did I know this game was going to go well for me?

i used to think that barber shop was the strongest start, now i think it is some flavor of the warehouse. my starting operation generates 30 crocks every two turns. i actually had to delete crocks! madness

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

LeFishy posted:

looks interesting, though I winced at the part of the trailer where they were placing satisfactory-style electrical poles ten feet apart

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Jack Trades posted:

Are there any good management/city builder games that work well in coop other than Anno 1800 (it runs like poo poo even on modern PCs)?

The best in my experience is Astroneer. A fantastic base building game built for co op. Also Satisfactory and Factorio are both co op.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Well I'm to the point in CoG where I'm just painting the map, I'm thinking of restarting since it's just been the continuation of the tutorial and I'm not sure if it's a bit too easy because of that. 2 goons with a Winchester are pretty much enough to take down any competition, so the biggest danger in the game is not noticing your police bribe ran out. Of course the real game is the plate spinning, but it would be nice if these competitors had a bit more depth.

Are there any difficulty variations between the city maps?

explosivo posted:

That said a new building is going to cost me something like $8000 so the cost of expanding is really getting pricey.

I've found new buildings as rewards in a whole bunch of missions (4 out of my 7 buildings) and they will be the very same buildings that they were offering for sale. So if you see someone with an available mission which also has a lead on a new building take them. Though the game might not offer those rewards if you meet some hidden quota.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

toasterwarrior posted:

Nah, I mean like, I discovered Sparkling Cider, and then its icon appeared along the left of the icons of shops I was already aware of that were purchasing it. I know about mousing over a shop's icon to show what you can trade with it, but you didn't even have to do the mouse-over with this. It looked very convenient.

EDIT: Weird question that is totally about this video game, City of Gangsters: if, as far as you know, a troublemaker has no familial connections or friends around, would you roll up and uh, murder them just to get them out of the way of your expanding fronts and maybe get some loot out of the debacle?
Whacking corner gangs is a question of money now vs money later vs access to their storefronts and storefronts closing from harassment. If you get an introduction to them they just start giving crazy amounts of goods when you ask them which added up to more than I'd get off their body and safehouse in just one go.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been basically murdering anyone who enters my territory, maybe I should consider diplomacy...

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I forgot the most important consideration, neat pathfinding. :siren: The pathfinding in CoG is shortest distance, not weighted by movement consumption :siren:

Corner gangs have 3 movement zone and unexplored are 5 movement zones. If these are in the path it finds when you go to move, it'll go there instead of going around. Since it's a simple grid with occasional irregularities you can routinely get better results using smaller moves that avoid problem spots. Or you can wipe the map clean so everything is 1 movement.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Are there penalties to murder in Cog? I got into a beef with a rival and swiftly murdered a couple of folks. Cops stuck around the general area but no further consequences? (Winchesters just absolutely murk folks)

Also weird start recently. Close rival gang, super aggressive from the word go. After a few fights their one member went home so I got the cops to call the feds on them.

Then they came back and I killed them. Looted them and the safe house. Then the feds turn up and I hear they have arrested someone.

But I'd killed the only member so I guess they arrested the corpse?

Also also - I once had a fruit wine start and oh man was that nice.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

While I'm spamming cog questions, how Are you guys setting up your employees and dealing with the whole supplier/buyer deals in X but might want/sell 1 or 20 who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Killing causes huge penalties in relationship status so you can really dig yourself into a hole by killing indiscriminately but uh I'm still gonna do it. Also I think generates more Heat but I keep paying the cops off so Heat has not been an issue whatsoever this entire game. And I only have one automated delivery loop but it's basically just pick up as much as you can, sell at this place, go back and pick up more, sell at the next place, etc. They'll sell what they can and move onto the next step. As of now the devs indicated it's intended that automated deliveries can only sell so much in one turn despite having enough AP to do it so I still largely do my own deliveries for my most expensive product and have the automated one to generate some cash passively. It's not as important to me now but it helped early on to give yourself some room to go exploring for new buyers and whatnot.

Edit: "Management Megathread: Killing causes huge penalties in relationship status"

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 13, 2021