Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Araganzar posted:

I would rather have more 5 star characters and fewer C6 landmines on the banner, and I therefore don't consider that a waste.

I think the idea that it's better to buy characters is a holdover from launch when nobody had enough to build a variety of teams. I'd consider buying a C0, personally, but it has actually never occurred that I didn't have the shop character already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i will probably still try and buy the Favonius Knights (Amber and Kaeya to C6, Lisa to C5), but yeah the only other times i bought characters so far were to get C0 Bennett and C6 Xingqiu. also some Blackcliff stuff when i was stupid enough to think it might be useful on anyone other than Xinyan.

also went back to overworld pyro cube and it seems just about as flighty as the Abyss one if i'm honest. weird design for this dude but maybe i should just be trying to Childe nuke instead of a thousand-cuts style like Ayaka. certainly there doesn't seem to be enough time to Mona -> Ayaka burst in either verson's invuln window.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 12, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The only constellation I've bought with starglitter is XQ. Probably the only other ones I'd get are the non-banner trio.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Pope Urbane II posted:

I think the idea that it's better to buy characters is a holdover from launch when nobody had enough to build a variety of teams. I'd consider buying a C0, personally, but it has actually never occurred that I didn't have the shop character already.

There are exceptions, when my friend had the opportunity to purchase a C6 Fischl I told him to go for it. He's amazingly happy with it so I wouldn't say he wasted his glitter any more than I wasted mine.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only character I bought from the shop was Amber, since hitting her constellations is a pain, I am still only at C1. Could also buy Lisa, but I don't play her as much anyway.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Araganzar posted:

The average user on paimon.moe got a 4 star every 7.7 pulls and a 5 star every 62 pulls off the limited character banner. This means it costs 310 glitter on average for a 5* and 38.5 for a 4*.

Therefore every nine characters you buy you lose one 5* and eight 4* characters from the gacha. So of you have been doing this the last nine months you have lost two 5* characters in return for getting 18 4* characters out of the shop vs 16 from the gacha.

The longer you play the more disadvantageous buying from the shop becomes. Pulling nine 4* vs eight for every 5* hastens the rate at which you fill 4* constellations to C6 by random distribution. Purchasing selected characters will cause some 4* to hit C6 before they would by random distribution.

In buying from the shop you have decided to give up some 5 star pulls and hasten hitting full constellations on 4* in order to exercise choice on your 4* characters.

It's your call how the math works out for you and the results clearly vary based on how long you've played and how much you've spent as well as how lucky you are, or feel.

I would rather have more 5 star characters and fewer C6 landmines on the banner, and I therefore don't consider that a waste.

Thank you for this analysis. This is why I love people who have stats brain.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I wanna see stats on players buying mob drops with starglitter

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It's those whales sitting in thousands of it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

raverrn posted:

It's those whales sitting in thousands of it.

There's no limit to buying new rolls though...

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Araganzar posted:

Therefore every nine characters you buy you lose one 5* and eight 4* characters from the gacha. So of you have been doing this the last nine months you have lost two 5* characters in return for getting 18 4* characters out of the shop vs 16 from the gacha.

Who the heck is getting enough glitter to buy out both shop characters every month? I get one-and-a half per month, and the only source of primos I slack on is Abyss rotations.

The actual best tactic is to save up 68 starglitter so that you have enough to buy any key shop characters that come along (Fischl's last constellation, that C0 Bennett that's been eluding you for months, etc.) and spend the rest on limited banner rolls.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Neat visualization of the 4* banner distribution since release. Judging from this, Raiden/Sara banner will likely get Xiangling and Noelle.

Didn't really notice the XL drought since I C6'd her on Venti's first run, but must suck for the people who are itching to get her really awesome constellations. There are 9 other characters who've gotten featured twice since her last run.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Christ I hope it's not an XL/Noelle banner, hard to think of two characters I'd be less excited to pull other than like, a Barbara/Xinyan banner

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think I've legitimately gotten Barbara to like C10 at this point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

noelle would be perfect for me, I'd love to have her c6

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Oh hey, that last event challenge was doable for me without a time limit. Got the cicin mage stuck in terrain and whacked the mirror maiden (slowly)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

im playing some hangouts that i never got around to. these are reallly talky. talky talk talk talky. like thats a good thing. talky good. but very talky.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So here is what Sayu looks like at 5/7/8 talents at level 76. This is with a skyward pride and a non-EM build, 2600 attack, 57% CR 107% CD, 165% ER, 151 EM.
https://i.imgur.com/Igg0qUG.mp4Energy regeneration is...not good. Will probably try an EM build too but I don't have an EM sword levelled up.

Here is what the burst/heal looks like at level 8, it's pretty comparable to other heals and you don't need to pump HP for it.

One thing I just noticed is that if you swap out during the rolly polly skill it doesn't fire the AOE before the swap like Eula would. So it's probably best to hit the skill again to end it before swapping.
https://i.imgur.com/PAAnB6I.mp4
Healing about 4300 per tick and doing 2800 damage on the pulses, this is at C2.
BTW it's really neat that playstation changed their website so you can no longer access your parties or messages to share screenshots and videos....

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 12, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I've got every four star at c6 cept:
Barbara (c4)
Sucrose (c1 whaaaaaaa)
Razor (c4)
Xinyan (c4)
Sayu (c1)
Lisa (c2)
Amber (c1)
Kaeya (c0 lol)

Don't regret the one or two dudes I bought out from shop. Constellations are more important when they are important. There's a pretty natural switch to not caring. I've scrapped together the bits of starglitter to pull a five star multiple times so I think it's a pretty dope thing to do.

The starters not getting constellations was so dumb. They could have been part of the Adventure Rank packages or something. And now they've released a pretty easy replacement for Kaeya in Rosa and it's like okay cya never my dude. I guess he did see use against stupid fatui before they released a billion cryo characters. I've been using Lisa for Inazuma stuff, she's... yeah I still think she's as miserable to play as I did during her dungeon trial.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

Sucrose (c1 whaaaaaaa)
:negative: but with green hair

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't even get it, Klee was the first banner I rolled on I skipped Venti. Spent all my leveling gems. Then I saved for Albedo. And then I saved for Venti rerun! All Sucrose banners were the things I planned my rolls for! Sometimes it just do be like that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sucrose's cons after C2 arent even good (C3 and C5 are useless due to EM scaling, C6 does nothing, C4 is niche and not even a big deal in that niche), so you're almost there.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Ready for 2.1 :hellyeah:

This'll put me at ~260% ER, 56.7/110.6 CRIT once I give her the polearm version of Festering Desire. Pretty good, but room for improvement.

Finally got a proper feather lol. Now to search for a better flower with CRIT/ATK%/ER. I have one with 15% ER, but I'd lose 10% C.Rate.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

There's just a whole lot of really dull dialog in this new area huh. I went from reading everything in the previous versions to skimming to just wishing there was a button to skip it all

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah my one complaint about Inazuma is that there is so drat much dialog and it's mostly not funny (there is sadly no Venti in Inazuma). The characters aren't silly.

Except Saimon, that part was hilarious. Xavier's ok in my book too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 12, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my only complaint is that the ship is pretty worthless. hopefully there's more reason to use it for anything after all the islands are added in

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

my only complaint is that the ship is pretty worthless. hopefully there's more reason to use it for anything after all the islands are added in

The ship is a thorny issue. If they did a "ship required" daily, people would bitch about it endlessly. I thought the archipelago ship events were fun, but the design was limited and I think would wear out their welcome.

If they added some kind of customization or unlocks to the ship, maybe I'd feel more invested.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Oh hey mechanicus is back on the menu. I assume sets of 1 hydro + 2 cryo + 1 pyro is gonna be the best option again? RNG for tower upgrades doesn't feel very cool though.

No Wave posted:

Sucrose's cons after C2 arent even good (C3 and C5 are useless due to EM scaling, C6 does nothing, C4 is niche and not even a big deal in that niche), so you're almost there.
C3 and C5 are both okay for a hybrid dps build. More damage is more damage, however slight.
When you say "C6 does nothing" do you mean as in "it's bugged and literally doesn't work" or are you just complaining about how it's finicky to swirl the desired element? A 20% elemental damage bonus is far from "nothing".

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought the ship was basically required for something like that "kill kairagi in bumfuck nowhere" commission off to the east of the perpetual mech array

it's also definitely a convenience for some of the exploration and puzzle areas (that you don't need to revisit tbf) and stuff like a lot of the little mora boxes. i do think it'd be fine if they put boat speed challenges in as additional commissions though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pope Urbane II posted:

The ship is a thorny issue. If they did a "ship required" daily, people would bitch about it endlessly. I thought the archipelago ship events were fun, but the design was limited and I think would wear out their welcome.

If they added some kind of customization or unlocks to the ship, maybe I'd feel more invested.

I mean I don't really agree with that but why does it have to be daily commission or nothing?

all they have to do is put poo poo out in the ocean and it'd be fine. put some of those ramshackle hillichurl wooden platforms out there with chests and add more smaller islands to explore besides the big main ones. let the player fish on the boat. there's a ton of things you could do with that and instead they chose nothing

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

sushibandit posted:

Oh hey mechanicus is back on the menu. I assume sets of 1 hydro + 2 cryo + 1 pyro is gonna be the best option again? RNG for tower upgrades doesn't feel very cool though.

I dorked with it a bit. Had a rough start because I tried exactly that and it doesn't work, especially with the ruin guard healing on the first zone. Basically it's the same as before, only cards are your upgrades and (afaict) there doesn't seem to be an upper limit. I just got 0/20 on the third map blind by building two money towers flanked by lightning and eventually a few spaced pyro for overload. Then spam nothing but lightning upgrades.

Just mash through the cards until your towers are all chaining for stupid amounts of damage while also stunning/slowing/whatever. I only upgraded my fire towers once for aoe range and every other point went into lightning. It's... pretty dumb. :v:

Edit: And if they won't let you upgrade electro that map, use pyro towers that upgrade into orbital laser bombardment.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 12, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Araganzar posted:

The average user on paimon.moe got a 4 star every 7.7 pulls and a 5 star every 62 pulls off the limited character banner. This means it costs 310 glitter on average for a 5* and 38.5 for a 4*.

The longer you play the more disadvantageous buying from the shop becomes. Pulling nine 4* vs eight for every 5* hastens the rate at which you fill 4* constellations to C6 by random distribution. Purchasing selected characters will cause some 4* to hit C6 before they would by random distribution.

In buying from the shop you have decided to give up some 5 star pulls and hasten hitting full constellations on 4* in order to exercise choice on your 4* characters.

It's your call how the math works out for you and the results clearly vary based on how long you've played and how much you've spent as well as how lucky you are, or feel.

Last I checked (around 200 wishes) I had an average of 1 character (4* or 5*) every 12 pulls. So forgive me for having consistently crap luck but there's no way I'd spend starglitter on 7 wishes over a guaranteed character considering how many wishes it takes me to get one.

I've only bought 1 character with starglitter so far, at the time I had lvl 80 c0 Fischl, c0 Chongyun, and c1 Bennett and that was it, those 3 characters were my whole team. So when I got a chance to get Fischl's c1 hell yeah I took it. What you're saying is people should wait because they'll max out 4* constellations eventually but I needed something now. I'd offer the counter-argument that every week you aren't strong enough to clear the spiral abyss you are losing out on wishes you would be getting otherwise.

e: This paimon.moe is p. cool, wish I'd known about it sooner. I hope it's safe to use my acct info

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

sushibandit posted:

C3 and C5 are both okay for a hybrid dps build. More damage is more damage, however slight.
When you say "C6 does nothing" do you mean as in "it's bugged and literally doesn't work" or are you just complaining about how it's finicky to swirl the desired element? A 20% elemental damage bonus is far from "nothing".
C6 has an 8 second uptime on a 20 second CD Q that is difficult to throw out on cooldown, rarely swirls the correct element, and is very slow to absorb even when it works so its hard to time around, and even when stars align and it's somehow up at the right time it's a minor buff. Factoring in uptime it's about as powerful as Xiangling's chili pepper.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 12, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

sushibandit posted:

"Nothing" is an exaggeration, but it needs way too many things to align to have a significant effect. Like you said, it's finicky to swirl the right element. On top of that, its uptime is really low, ~8s on an 80-cost burst. And when you do manage to trigger it in the right circumstances, you need to be fighting something big enough that the damage buff even matters.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Having both Mona and Ayaka is gonna make the TD game even more fun than the first time.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
What am I doing wrong? I literally can't hit the cicin mage on abyss floor 12 with ayaka. She has like a 90% change to blink away before her burst animation finishes. I tried freezing her but she gets unfrozen in the time it takes for ayaka to cast her burst, if I get her in Venti's ult, she will blink out of it in the middle, or she'll get electro infused and again blink out of it.

Cory Parsnipson fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 12, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanctum posted:

What you're saying is people should wait because they'll max out 4* constellations eventually but I needed something now. I'd offer the counter-argument that every week you aren't strong enough to clear the spiral abyss you are losing out on wishes you would be getting otherwise.

You gain, roughly, 7.5 wishes a month if you can 36* spiral abyss both times. There's a lot that goes into that - good characters, great artifacts, 5* weapons, chasing cards, etc. C1 Fischl isn't what is standing in your way of doing this.

On average, over time, you're just better off wishing. That might not be the fun option for you so feel free to ignore it. It's only something you start feeling out later when you're limited by lack of <insert 5* here> and you just pulled C15 Fischl.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

So if I have this right, my last Wish on the Character gave me Ayaka which resets my 5* pity back to 0. So that means I need at most 180 wishes to guarantee Raiden? That comes out to 28800 primos, oof.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

You gain, roughly, 7.5 wishes a month if you can 36* spiral abyss both times. There's a lot that goes into that - good characters, great artifacts, 5* weapons, chasing cards, etc. C1 Fischl isn't what is standing in your way of doing this.

On average, over time, you're just better off wishing. That might not be the fun option for you so feel free to ignore it. It's only something you start feeling out later when you're limited by lack of <insert 5* here> and you just pulled C15 Fischl.

You kind of have to weigh "do I want to wait potentially months until I get the C2/C6 on Ning" vs. the extra poo poo over a longer time period. I'd personally buy units I really want to use who have game changing constellations (like Ning) and use/save the rest but that will depend a lot on what ypu want to do.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

just get lucky imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

So if I have this right, my last Wish on the Character gave me Ayaka which resets my 5* pity back to 0. So that means I need at most 180 wishes to guarantee Raiden? That comes out to 28800 primos, oof.

Yup reset to 0.

Your chances of pulling a 5 star go up dramatically at pull 74. So it's extremely unlikely you go to 90 each time. Plus you could always win the 50/50! lol no you get a QiQi