Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

LAFC has lost 6 times this season and had a better xG on 5 of them, beautiful stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sounders seem to have made a signing

https://twitter.com/mlsupdateshub/status/1423311291431759875?s=19

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/PBrennanENQ/status/1423698383580053505

Cincy can't catch a break.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the new england revolution are my friends and i like them a lot

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Atlanta are apparently trying to hire away Sounders assistant Gonzalo Pineda and quickly. :argh:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

whypick1 posted:

Atlanta are apparently trying to hire away Sounders assistant Gonzalo Pineda and quickly. :argh:

Do you know if anybody is coming down for the match on Sunday? I'm looking at the forecast and insane spike in numbers and am pretty sure I'll be skipping both Sunday's match, and then the double header in Seattle as well.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Apparently there's still some travelling contingent, as the local ECS chapter is hosting a pre-func. I'm certainly not going to judge anyone for not travelling to matches at this point in time because *gestures outside*

I'm not going to either of those matches, but that's more to do with the fact that I live on the other side of the country now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

barnold posted:

:hmmyes:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

barnold posted:

The New York Red Bulls are absolutely infuriating at the moment.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

I've just realized - there's no discussion about a 30th club joining MLS. None!

https://twitter.com/novy_williams/status/1425473972536287233?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sounders are getting the band back together. Roldan brothers back from international play, Lodeiro and Bruin back from injury, Nouhou available this weekend, Frei says he'll be back by September. LFG.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1425824193602486275

:smith:

It'd be cool if he could somehow be successful while Atlanta becomes more of a tire fire.

edit: And Djimi Traore is leaving for Europe. Sonofa

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 12, 2021

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Meh.

Granted they've had excellent support for their NHL team but maybe my reaction is a leftover from me growing up at the tail end of Las Vegas still being a "THERE BE DRAGONS NEVER NEVER SET FOOT" sports market because of legalized gambling.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

July in LV.... are you kidding?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

July in LV.... are you kidding?
They'd probably have 8:00 PM or maybe even 9:00 PM local kickoffs for every home game during the summer, if they play somewhere other than the NFL stadium.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Allegiant Stadium is a dome. And there's 3 teams in Texas already.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

TBF Las Vegas & Phoenix are different beasts because 115 in the summer is still 115 even if it isn't humid.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

whypick1 posted:

Yeah and it's stupid also. More stupid doesn't make any of it less stupid.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

When can we get some of those magic heat-blocking artificial clouds the Qatari World Cup bid advertised.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

When can we get some of those magic heat-blocking artificial clouds the Qatari World Cup bid advertised.
Around the same time that Rochester Rhinos bid finally comes through.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Vegas seems like a good place for a team but it's gotta be at allegiant (or I guess another indoor stadium In theory). Beats Sacramento

Phoenix should probably be on the list also

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

G-Hawk posted:

Vegas seems like a good place for a team but it's gotta be at allegiant (or I guess another indoor stadium In theory). Beats Sacramento

Phoenix should probably be on the list also

As soon as Vegas got the Golden Knights, Phoenix lost all its luster as the place to put sports teams in the desert.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I will support Dry Heat FC until the day I die.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

so apparently orlando rejected crystal palace's offer for dike? i get that they don't have any obligation to sell, but it seems odd to set a price, have the price met, reject the offer anyway, and then not give an extension/raise to the player in question. seems like a good way to get a reputation of being difficult to deal with.

also $20,000,000 seems like an insane price but hell i don't know what anyone costs anymore

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Remember that time Seattle scored 6 goals against Portland in Portland? That was pretty cool.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Remember that time Seattle scored 6 goals against Portland in Portland? That was pretty cool.

How could you forget?

highme
May 25, 2001

This result is 100% the fault of the guy that thought a custom Timbers kit that was number 7 with "TD MAN U" as the player name was a good idea after a loving friendly. Since then we keep losing in increasingy more horrible ways (also Ivacic was not good).

We laid a dear friend to rest tonight and he would have wholeheartedly emraced how bad all of that was. He would have been chirping at Merritt on twitter, but he would have also been laughing with us at the sheer absurdity of it all.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the timbers beat themselves mentally from the jump and Seattle was able to capitalize on it.

…and I will admit that they capitalized on it with a couple of absolute ROCKETS, like, drat.

Timbers are definitely running into the issue of “Chara and Valeri are getting older and won’t always be available to clean up every mess so the team as a whole needs to not depend on them constantly”, the issue of “the medical staff won’t keep a player benched so he’ll just keep re-injuring himself” and the third issue of “apparently defense isn’t important”.

I’m not gonna hoot and holler about Gio needing to be fired, but drat if there ain’t a lot to work on.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

highme posted:

This result is 100% the fault of the guy that thought a custom Timbers kit that was number 7 with "TD MAN U" as the player name was a good idea after a loving friendly. Since then we keep losing in increasingy more horrible ways (also Ivacic was not good).

What's his username :v:

This rivalry is incredible but sometimes the supporters...man. Neckbeard central.

quote:

We laid a dear friend to rest tonight and he would have wholeheartedly emraced how bad all of that was. He would have been chirping at Merritt on twitter, but he would have also been laughing with us at the sheer absurdity of it all.

Condolences to you and yours, that's really tough. He'll be with you whenever you're laughing about this absurd sport.

highme
May 25, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

What's his username :v:

Something stupid on Reddit is my first guess.

shirts and skins posted:

Condolences to you and yours, that's really tough. He'll be with you whenever you're laughing about this absurd sport.

Appreciate that, he hung out with us most of the match, and now the pitch is part of his final resting place.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
My condolences.

highme posted:

This result is 100% the fault of the guy that thought a custom Timbers kit that was number 7 with "TD MAN U" as the player name was a good idea after a loving friendly.

What does "TD MAN U" mean / reference?

highme
May 25, 2001

Seattle hosted Manchester United for a friendly like 5 or 6 years ago and lost 7-0.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

Seattle hosted Manchester United for a friendly like 5 or 6 years ago and lost 7-0.

It's been 10 years by now.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
And what does the "TD" mean?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Touchdown", 7 points in American Football (well a TD is actually 6 points then you can try a kick for 1 more point or run another play for 2, but generally speaking a TD results in 7 points).

highme
May 25, 2001

brb getting my #6 TD NO PAT SEA custom Timbers kit now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

You're getting mine after I get my VANCOUVER BY A ROUGE OVER THE SOUNDERS 7/5/14 custom scarf

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/SunSport/status/1426105016176287746?s=19

Which MLS team would be most likely to do this? Atlanta or Miami are my first two guesses.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Oscar Wild posted:

Which MLS team would be most likely to do this? Atlanta or Miami are my first two guesses.

Atlanta had strippers dancing on the MLS Cup a few years ago so I don't think your guess would be far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hi gang, big mls Eddie Lewis, Mike Grella, Robbie Rogers and I think one other guy maybe fan here to say I don't post in or read the MLS threads largely because I refuse to pay for the channels that show it and I'm asleep when its on. Just checking in to say that I'm the new mod and if anyone itt or any of the other MLS threads start being naughty let me know and I'll have a quiet word. I might not be in these threads regularly but you're all good lads and lasses and you should keep up the good work and post in other threads if you don't already, we're all one footballing family. ok bye