Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I'm going to buy it when it's released. Few bucks, I spent my fair time playing the game in the browser, feels like that's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh orteil said it would be five bucks on his blog i guess

weird considering it's in the official steam free to play genre

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maybe once orteil gets paid he'll finally get around to working on NeverEnding Legacy again.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Super Jay Mann posted:

Maybe once orteil gets paid he'll finally get around to working on NeverEnding Legacy again.

never ending you say...

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Finally giving NGU a proper try and it's got it hooks in me this time.

One weird thing that I don't understand, though. Last night I logged off with Adventure mode going in the Cave. When I loaded this morning, it said I had a bunch of offline progress in ITOPOD, giving me a couple PP. Not complaining, but how did that happen?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
NG Space Company is reasonably fun at the moment but I feel like I've hit a wall on my first run - I've got about 10 rings right now (call me Shang-Chi) and I unlocked the Comms wonder but WOW is Communication expensive right now! Should I just keep going on Dyson stuff?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Nibble posted:

Finally giving NGU a proper try and it's got it hooks in me this time.

One weird thing that I don't understand, though. Last night I logged off with Adventure mode going in the Cave. When I loaded this morning, it said I had a bunch of offline progress in ITOPOD, giving me a couple PP. Not complaining, but how did that happen?

There isn't really a good way to simulate normal equipment drops, so offline progress always assumes you're in the ITOPOD, which is much easier to calculate offline progress with. You even get boost drops adding to the cube now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Buzkashi posted:

NG Space Company is reasonably fun at the moment but I feel like I've hit a wall on my first run - I've got about 10 rings right now (call me Shang-Chi) and I unlocked the Comms wonder but WOW is Communication expensive right now! Should I just keep going on Dyson stuff?

Yeah, the second floor of wonders are largely for your second and beyond runs. Big focus now is just getting to your dyson sphere.

250th segment prices per the discord are somewhere in the range of 42 million titanium, 14 million gold, 28 million silicon, 14 million ice, and 180k meteorite.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, the second floor of wonders are largely for your second and beyond runs. Big focus now is just getting to your dyson sphere.

250th segment prices per the discord are somewhere in the range of 42 million titanium, 14 million gold, 28 million silicon, 14 million ice, and 180k meteorite.

Nice, thanks. I figured out the ratio of price for each ingredient to try to even out the production as much as possible - Meteor 1, Ice/Gold 100, Silicon 200, Titanium 300.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Buzkashi posted:

Yeah, the wonder floors past 1 are for the next reset tier. Building them entirely out will give you first tier reset resources so it isn't entirely a waste but you aren't intended to be using the mechanics they reveal until your third or fourth reset.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Manyorcas posted:

There isn't really a good way to simulate normal equipment drops, so offline progress always assumes you're in the ITOPOD, which is much easier to calculate offline progress with. You even get boost drops adding to the cube now.

Oh that's very smart and good. I didn't get anything in my cube though, does that unlock later?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Super Jay Mann posted:

maybe he'll have a balance patch for cookie clicker as long as we're listing things that will literally never happen

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Nibble posted:

Oh that's very smart and good. I didn't get anything in my cube though, does that unlock later?

The cube thing was relatively recently added so I actually have no idea if anything is required to unlock it, I don't think I accidentally made it up in a fit of "Wouldn't it be nice if..." :v:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Nibble posted:

You’d need to unlock auto boosts I believe. Itopod progress is based on your highest 1-shot floor too, so don’t forget to push it high enough regularly. At the start it’s mostly just useful to push the 10 floors to get the free PP.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm partway into evil (just unlocked wishes a bit ago) and my adventure progression is comically far behind my main attack/defense. I've got a titan and three areas unlocked that I can't even touch. What am I missing?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm partway into evil (just unlocked wishes a bit ago) and my adventure progression is comically far behind my main attack/defense. I've got a titan and three areas unlocked that I can't even touch. What am I missing?

That's normal for the rest of the game pretty much, adventure stats/zones will be your main indicator of progress. I don't remember enough of what that point of the game was like to know if there's anything obvious you could be missing, aside from maybe buying adventure stats if exp isn't helping your Energy and Magic much anymore.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Manyorcas posted:

That's normal for the rest of the game pretty much, adventure stats/zones will be your main indicator of progress. I don't remember enough of what that point of the game was like to know if there's anything obvious you could be missing, aside from maybe buying adventure stats if exp isn't helping your Energy and Magic much anymore.

You will end up doing this towards the end of evil a little, but most of the time buying more e/m power and cap is going to be more useful. Aiming to BB your NGUs and running your wish timers down toward minimal is very useful, and not forgetting to spend some of it on R3 for hacks is also great.

But yeah, I haven't been at the end of my adv zone list since I started into Sadistic.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
In NG Space Company, I've completed my first Dark Matter reset and am a day or so out from being able to do another. I picked up the obvious stuff the first time: improved starting storage, improved storage cost, improved manual gains, T3 Plasma, and Starting Labs. It seems that the three most likely upgrades for me to get next are the Overlord Cult "get bonus production for unspent Dark Matter", the "10x storage space", or the tier 5 Resource machines..

Thoughts: the bonus production seems relatively small, but possibly helpful, especially if it's multiplicative with the Efficiency research. Does the Storage space upgrade also increase the cost of buying storage space upgrades? I suppose it's still very helpful even if it does. The Tier 5 machines seem like the best choice to increase my overall production, though, since the first run and this one both have ended with me sitting on a lot of excess power from Rings and Swarms but not having enough resource production (Lunarite :argh:) to build the production machines I need to get to a reset any faster.

Anyone have any thoughts on which is the best next choice?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Ignoranus posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on which is the best next choice?
Capital Investment. Combined with Dimensional Rift it is really awesome, as only the "real" storage space is considered by Capital Investment. So as long as you have 10% of a storage filled you get the bonus.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

RabbitWizard posted:

Capital Investment. Combined with Dimensional Rift it is really awesome, as only the "real" storage space is considered by Capital Investment. So as long as you have 10% of a storage filled you get the bonus.

Oh, then consider my sights set. Does the increased storage space from Dimensional Rift affect the cost of upgrading storage capacity, or is that also based on the 10% "real" storage?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
it's a pure buff. you get 10x the space and upgrades cost the same. you can fill it up and fire off multiple storage upgrades. it makes capital investment much less janky

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I quit NG Space Company when it was like 'good job building 1 segment! Now do it 49 more times with no other changes'. Does it get more interesting or anything?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Start looking at the adventure stat perks and quest unlocks (also the perks, wishes, and quest unlocks that boost hacks, questing and PP). But yeah, I spent a week or two mostly just boosting resource stats to get evil NGUs and blood production always maxed. If you haven't gotten the perks that boost the adventure-stat-boosting blood spell, get those, too; it helps a lot.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Falcon2001 posted:

I quit NG Space Company when it was like 'good job building 1 segment! Now do it 49 more times with no other changes'. Does it get more interesting or anything?

There was an update a while back that included a calculator on how much it will take to make 50, 100 and 250 segments. There's no benefit to building one at a time, so you'd want to build your economy and resource caps to get the whole thing in one go, or at least close, e.g., 48/50.

Once you get the dyson sphere, there's a prestige mechanic.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

There was an update a while back that included a calculator on how much it will take to make 50, 100 and 250 segments. There's no benefit to building one at a time, so you'd want to build your economy and resource caps to get the whole thing in one go, or at least close, e.g., 48/50.

Once you get the dyson sphere, there's a prestige mechanic.

You'll go nuts doing the whole thing in one go, at least on your first run. Also get dimensional storage and the multi-buy ASAP.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

habituallyred posted:

You'll go nuts doing the whole thing in one go, at least on your first run. Also get dimensional storage and the multi-buy ASAP.

That's true, but you'll need enough storage to make the 50th, 100th and 250th segment eventually, so it's better to focus on improving production until you get to that point.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Falcon2001 posted:

I opened it back up with the conversation here and that’s where I’m at too. Using the EMC to fill in the holes in production has helped it speed up a lot. I did not expect to need so much ice.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!

Discendo Vox posted:

You should be running Advanced Training until you get get the wish that runs it automatically. Also make sure you have Advanced Training Banks/Beard Banks. Also as said it's pretty normal to have zones unlocked you cant touch from here on out. I'm at Titan 11 and I 3 zones unlocked ahead of me.

Do a hack day once you get the Typo gear. After a hack day you'll see some big improvements in Adventure stats. I didn't really start purchasing Adv stats until the end of evil.

From the discord on wishes:
"Wish list:
Switch from basic to lowest base cost order.

1. (0)Kickass
2. (1) Faster Wishes, do (9)(10)(12)(13) EM cap/pow when the level takes 8-12h, do the next 5 steps when they are fast
3. (4) Pit wish after you can get 1e+50 gold for the pit
4. (8) Megabuff wish when close to GM2
5. (3) Titan Version wish
6. Optional: Some levels in (2) Guff Drop Wish
7. Optional: (6) Adv wish when close to GM2
8. Optional: (11)(14) EMbars and (5) Atk/Def wish for GMv2 challenge run
9. Start doing (15)(16) R3 pow/cap and (18) Hack speed after doing the GMv2 challenge run
10. Start doing (21) Faster wishes 2 and (31)(32)(34)(35)EM pow/cap 2 after finishing step 2
11. Optional: (19) Active quest wish
12. If you didnt do it before, do step 7 now"

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
So, I've been running the evolve idle automation script. I'm quite a lot into space, trying to scale up my elerium labs to be able to afford the researches (and then hopefully ramp up iridium production so I don't have to trade for all of it), and i'm suddenly finding that the script no longer listens to the building queue at all when prioritizing trading and the like. it's spending even resources i want to use on buildings on stuff. I checked, the 'prioritize queue' setting is still on. So I have absolutely no idea why it's doing this. Any thoughts about how I can fix this?

It's also trying to craft mythril way, way beyond what I need for one or even several buildings, which is irking when that's so expensive still.

Edit: turns out that got fixed in a script patch just a bit ago and I hadn't patched it yet.

Followup question: Is there a way to just have accelerated time forever? This game is much more tolerable at double speed.

Nea fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 13, 2021

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Nea posted:

So, I've been running the evolve idle automation script. I'm quite a lot into space, trying to scale up my elerium labs to be able to afford the researches (and then hopefully ramp up iridium production so I don't have to trade for all of it), and i'm suddenly finding that the script no longer listens to the building queue at all when prioritizing trading and the like. it's spending even resources i want to use on buildings on stuff. I checked, the 'prioritize queue' setting is still on. So I have absolutely no idea why it's doing this. Any thoughts about how I can fix this?

It's also trying to craft mythril way, way beyond what I need for one or even several buildings, which is irking when that's so expensive still.

Edit: turns out that got fixed in a script patch just a bit ago and I hadn't patched it yet.

Followup question: Is there a way to just have accelerated time forever? This game is much more tolerable at double speed.

The only way I found to do it is use https://coderpatsy.bitbucket.io/decoder.html, paste an exported save in, decode, search for at, set it equal to some large number, encode, import the save. The problem with this is you lose all accelerated time every reset so if you're doing a bunch of resets fast you're having to go in and edit the save all the time. There's probably a way to do it in the console but I don't know enough to find it, so this works well enough even if its annoying. Note that you can use this to do all kinds of dumb stuff to your save, I gave myself a whole bunch of plasmids because it makes going through the early game faster and I lost the save where I was doing black hole resets when I switched laptops.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I kinda wonder how long i'm supposed to go in evolve before I like, start going further into space. I've done like 6-7 bioseeds at this point and my mastery is at about 28%.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Sick, thanks. One final question :What does the world collider do? If I'm only about 7-8 resets in and haven't bioseeded yet, should I mess with it?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The world collider is the gate for the next area of content. If you're just going for a bioseed then it's a big resource sink that doesn't really get you much.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Anfauglir posted:

The only way I found to do it is use https://coderpatsy.bitbucket.io/decoder.html, paste an exported save in, decode, search for at, set it equal to some large number, encode, import the save. The problem with this is you lose all accelerated time every reset so if you're doing a bunch of resets fast you're having to go in and edit the save all the time. There's probably a way to do it in the console but I don't know enough to find it, so this works well enough even if its annoying. Note that you can use this to do all kinds of dumb stuff to your save, I gave myself a whole bunch of plasmids because it makes going through the early game faster and I lost the save where I was doing black hole resets when I switched laptops.

code:
(for chrome)
1. Load the page
2. Locate evolve.js in the devconsole
3. Place a breakpoint at line 4: switch (data.loop) {
4. Reload the page
5. Hover over 'data' and change 'period:' to 25 (lowest I found that still works and doesn't lockup the game after a while)
6. Click resume script execution, or press F8
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 two more times for each type of loop (main, which handles the evolution stage, mid, which handles mostly everything else, and long, which handles the day cycles and some other stuff)

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige. Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.

Some tips for optimizing:
-Set the short speed as low as 20 up through Bioseeding for maximum speed e.g. 20/1000/5000
-Set the long speed as low as 100 for maximum soul gem farming e.g. 250/1000/100
-Set the mid speed as low as 50 for mech grinding e.g. - 250/50/5000
-Messing with all of the speeds at once will make the game chug anywhere past the early game, so setting the above speeds when you need to will maximize your output

Basically you don't need to mess with the different loops outside of the one you're currently utilizing most. Short for resource farming. Mid for mechs and spying. Long for day cycle, so pretty much just soul gems.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

did anyone else's evolve suddenly start making it impossible to read the building queue

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

NGU: finally entered the very end stages! No more wishes, no more hacks, no more loot. Just time to wait for adventure stats and see when I can nail that final titan. Feels like I have so much room to equip stuff now that I don't need any gear with R3!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Aurora posted:

did anyone else's evolve suddenly start making it impossible to read the building queue

Me too.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Aurora posted:

You can drag the building queue line down a bit to resize it. It starts at minimum size for some reason.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

You can drag the building queue line down a bit to resize it. It starts at minimum size for some reason.

I definitely can't do that

e: oh, you have to very specifically drag down the rightmost section of the line. intuitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Falcon2001 posted:

I just started this a couple of days ago (after you made this post, actually), and the jump from "I just made one segment" to "I'm making one ring every couple of hours" is actually very fast.