Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Been playing the caldaria kingdoms mod and I loving love that they put in carthage. I am just running around with numidian light cav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

BMan posted:

Don't do "Rival gang moving in" right now, every troop type it spawns from your party will get its whole stack deleted except the ones that spawned. I mean you probably shouldn't do this terrible quest anyway, but I do like to rock my civilian outfit from time to time

:mhmm:

It is a uniquely terrible quest, I actually should try it again. I got owned early by it wearing almost no civilian clothes and barely able to consistently block with a blade.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Third World Reagan posted:

Been playing the caldaria kingdoms mod and I loving love that they put in carthage. I am just running around with numidian light cav.

Just took a look at this mod, it's the Calradia Expanded Kingdoms mod, right? Looks pretty cool actually. Are you using CA - Eagle Rising as well?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

downout posted:

:mhmm:

It is a uniquely terrible quest, I actually should try it again. I got owned early by it wearing almost no civilian clothes and barely able to consistently block with a blade.

protip: if you huck knives at the bossman, he won't bother talking to you

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Despite us having over 4 times the territory, the Aserai have almost equal strength and refuse to go down easily.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
The horse archer kingdoms are real bastards to be at war with.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

FungiCap posted:

The horse archer kingdoms are real bastards to be at war with.

For all of Bannerlord's quirks, that's one bit of realism they 100% nailed.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm living the dream

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

BMan posted:

I'm living the dream

hell yeah

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

BMan posted:

I'm living the dream

Wait there is a tier of troop above the rocker and 1 chevron? Those are usually the max I see.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Regular troops go up to T5, noble troops go up to T6

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Flavahbeast posted:

Regular troops go up to T5, noble troops go up to T6

Noble troops? Neat

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Saul Kain posted:

Noble troops? Neat

Village notables with over 200 power will sometimes offer noble recruits instead of the peasant line. I think the higher their power, the better the odds. Completing quests for them boosts their power, getting raided lowers it.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

BMan posted:

I'm living the dream

How far in the game you think I could go with an ever increasing stack of those + me on a horse running around the enemy trying to make them follow me like bandits?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

supersnowman posted:

How far in the game you think I could go with an ever increasing stack of those + me on a horse running around the enemy trying to make them follow me like bandits?

You would never lose a battle, short of being so outnumbered that they simply overwhelmed you by numbers. And in that case they would move so slowly they wouldn't catch you.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

This is my usual tactic:

BMan fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 11, 2021

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
How do you get your fians into 2 independent lines like that?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Press F3 F5, then split half of them into an unused formation

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

BMan posted:

:eyepop:

this is life-changing

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

god thats so useful

i could have so many more horse archer formations...

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

BMan posted:

How the hell am I just learning this now?

Also, are there any plans from Taleworlds to give NPCs a personality? Factions feel like they're ruled by little automatons atm. Not saying I need Crusader Kings levels of personality, I don't need to elect myself pope, and marry my wife to my horse, but the option would be nice.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

How the hell am I just learning this now?

Also, are there any plans from Taleworlds to give NPCs a personality? Factions feel like they're ruled by little automatons atm. Not saying I need Crusader Kings levels of personality, I don't need to elect myself pope, and marry my wife to my horse, but the option would be nice.

it's never mentioned in any of the tutorials. I think they intend it to be a big part of pre-battle formation setup but that's been coming Soon (TM) for a whole hell of a long time

The traits like "honor" and "generosity" affect a very small number of nobles' personality things, like the generic pre- and post-battle dialog and iirc how your relation with them is affected by whether you choose to sack or spare a town you've captured. but if they affect things like their map or combat AI, or how they vote on kingdom decisions, it's too obtuse to tell.
some more npc-specific dialog for rulers or other important nobles that extends beyond what they know about the battle of pendraic or if they have any thoughts in general about politics would be nice.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 12, 2021

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I really don't think they're going to implement any of the major planned features at this point.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
It's Mount'n'Blade, I honestly never expected a sinceriously finished experience ever.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Given how much money they made off the first one and its offshoots I kinda did expect that

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is there a bannerlord modding community discord or anything? I've dipped my toe into modding other games in the past. I might give it a try.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Is there a bannerlord modding community discord or anything? I've dipped my toe into modding other games in the past. I might give it a try.

I thought modders were pretty active on the taleworlds forums. They have a section there, and I've at least found fixes for setting mods up there.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is the official Taleworlds modding discord: https://discord.gg/ykFVJGQ. The link is from the Taleworlds forums. I poked around in there a couple months ago when that Open Letter From the Modding Community thing happened and it looked like it was pretty active with mod devs from a lot of the big ambitious total conversion mods.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

having a fian army is like activating a fear aura

LOOK AT EM RUN!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hey was reminded this game exists recently; played a bunch of original M&B, is this still being actively developed and is it worth getting over just playing Warband?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

hey was reminded this game exists recently; played a bunch of original M&B, is this still being actively developed and is it worth getting over just playing Warband?

Yeah they are still patching it, it's fun. The interface and graphics are nicer than Warband and it has built in diplomacy and kingdom features (instead of needing a mod for them)

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

BMan posted:

This is my usual tactic:

I dig the infantry square lure and angled lines of fire. I always try to put archers uphill from the infantry but I could see those dual lines helping a lot in less advantageous terrain.

I like to keep my cavalry as one unit so that I can really smash one wing of theirs with a proactive early attack/pullback.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

trapped mouse posted:

Just took a look at this mod, it's the Calradia Expanded Kingdoms mod, right? Looks pretty cool actually. Are you using CA - Eagle Rising as well?

yah it is that mod

I have not tried using eagle rising at all

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
My context for how this game is being received has up until today been this thread, which is generally positive.

Today I ventured into the tailworlds official forum, which seems to be in open mutiny. They seem very dissatisfied with the game and its development. Did something happen? I know this game has had a pretty slow development cycle, but I think it's coming together nicely. Why are people so upset?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dorkopotamis posted:

My context for how this game is being received has up until today been this thread, which is generally positive.

Today I ventured into the tailworlds official forum, which seems to be in open mutiny. They seem very dissatisfied with the game and its development. Did something happen? I know this game has had a pretty slow development cycle, but I think it's coming together nicely. Why are people so upset?

There's a lot of modders who, now that they have something close to source code access in their mod capability, are upset that the source isn't trivial to mod.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dorkopotamis posted:

Do you want to play a game vs do you want it to be your life

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

whats a good way to identify whats responsible for crashing? i found the logs in programdata but its kinda hard to parse

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

there is this line though that always crops up before crashes seemingly

code:
[09:44:09.509] Trying to make partial read on compressed asset data. This does not improve performance since partial decompression is not supported[09:44:09.509] Trying to make partial read on compressed asset data. This does not improve performance since partial decompression is not supported[09:44:09.509] Trying to make partial read on compressed asset data. This does not improve performance since partial decompression is not supported[09:44:09.566] Granite Warning: W1005: Performance warning: A tile needs to be uploaded to a MipmapStreamingTexture with more than 256 redirects.
[09:44:09.566] Granite Warning: Performance warning: The upload queue size is too small to fit all rectangles that need to be uploaded. A flush of the upload queue to the device is needed.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Can someone link a mod that removes or changes Smith stamina. I don't need it to be infinite but I don't want to wait in cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2911